Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Artificial +-Communist Fluffy and myself-+

Kratos

Supernova
Imagine living in a time where one would not actually die, were the soul can live on.. but in a physical form still. Scientists have been studying such a thing for quite a while, and for a little while.. they thought cloning was the best option but really all that did was make someone that looked the same, and both would die off.. that person completely gone. But now people like geniuses.. and others who want to live past a normal life, to relive a childhood.. the technology finally arrived where one could drain their mind into a system and be placed into what they call an empty.. a body designed purely by science which research had been fully aimed at since the early 1990's. Well now the year is 2050, and I am one of the people that have relived a birth. Before my revival as such my life was doomed from the start. At a young age, i was diagonsed with a cancer, they said i would not last longer then a few years after that... Imagine hearing that on your thirteenth birthday, what sort of effect would you think it would have..? I know one thing.. i stopped believing in religion but in science itself. Out of everyones surprise I outlived the age the doctors said i would live to, but I only made it to about twenty three... that was when it started to become worse and my body was in a state of decline, I was in and out of the hospital and my death was said to occur that year.. and it did. For that body anyhow.

Luckily I was randomly chosen to be a tester for a new technology, their were risks that I would never actually survive the procedure.. but I only had weeks left in me anyhow,.. Back to my childhood anyhow.. up to the age of eleven I was healthy, my parents adored me.. but that was where I inherited the gene that killed me.. my mother died when i was fourteen my father.. he could not accept it, I found him hanging in the basement.. a note left for me.. what a great birthday that was.. Happy birthday.. guess what your father is dead.. your mother died a few months ago.. and your all alone to face the world, at least i inherited the house and status they had.. but it is not much when your told your going to die before your seventeen, I fought the cancer.. to prove them wrong.. to show I could live a real life, I tried to do sports.. I tried to do many things, but everything caught up and death was it's wagon.. to come take me.. No.. it was in its wagon to kill the body that I was doomed to have, but now.. I was I was downloaded into a new body, but it starts like any other birth.. Can you imagine being a baby.. but knowing how to speak, walk.. think, it was odd.. but i remember waking up.. in a vat of water, cables attached to me monitoring my progress..all I have now is a chip in my ear, that keeps me alive.., the body itself is so human like.. but perfect,.. it makes me jealous of myself,.. i remember what i used to look like,.. i inherited by fathers looks.. they were pretty severe..

Crude.. just damn right ugly, yet very defined, the only I liked were my eyes.. they were my mothers, bless her soul. So I grew back up again, and although it was in a lab.. filled with technology, I at least was alive again,.. on my fifth dersa.. well that's what they call the birthday of a science made body,.. I could go to school.. but I just had fun, it sure was odd to relive moments like that.. but actually have it feel more real.. then when I actually lived in my original form. Just like humans,.. I bleed.. i feel pain, I have emotions.. were nicknamed freaks though.. creatures that defy the laws of life. But what life.. is dying of cancer? What life.. starts effecting everything you were upon adolescence.. that takes your parents away.. that leaves you alone in the world.. even now I search for that answer. Skipping ahead though since you probably don't want to hear any more about me.. yet anyhow,.. I am at my nineteenth dersa,.. My body is rather attractive.. fit,.. a little muscular and designed for sport..I spend quite a lot of my time running around so I guess it makes sense, My hair.. well it sometimes gets in my face a little, but only my eyes.. its only just long enough to sometimes be a nuisance but it is kept neat but messy,.. Pretty much, I wake up.. I shake and I wet.. then shake my hair again, that's it... Looks great everytime.

Its a dark brown that almost glimmers in the sunlight, like i said perfect.. my eyes a deep rich blue.. they remind me of my mothers.. Now.. I am living life how I was supposed to,.. and the labs are allowing me to be more human then ever, I am actually allowed to leave now, find a house.. find people.. I have been waiting for this day.. and now it has finally come,
Slowly Seth's eyelids shot open as he looked around his dim little room, finally it was the last day he would be in such a place. It was rather empty,.. something that always was a little creepy but it at least was always clean. That was going to change though, but first a job would be needed.. which considering he had two educations, he was sure that he could almost get anything he wanted. Slowly Seth began to walk, each morning began the same.. stretch.. hair routine of the shake wet and shake.. and then he started to get dressed. Clothing wise not much had changed since the early 2000's, he had on a pair of slightly faded blue jeans, and a shirt that had some sort of tribal design on it of a leopard,.. quite a few things were enhanced though.. like his watch, a personal computer.. press a button and it creates this holographic image in front of you.. and then the way you interact is either speak.. or well these days some could even just think and it would do the rest. Seth was one of those people, simply he thought of what he wanted to go to.. and it would surf the web or do what ever.. thanks to the chip in his ear.

In a matter of seconds he had sent of a few resumes before pressing the button on his watch again, he had gone for a retro style look, it actually functioned like a normal watch.. but everything was digital.. but that did not bother him. He had shaven yesterday so he had skipped doing it today and decided to just walk the streets and feel free ever since.. well his last life,.. his last body. The smell of the air,.. it was slightly stained with a musk that smelt like cars, but that was the city for you. Although pollution was now finally non-existent the cars still stank. Not like they used to either, it was almost like cooking oil.. made completely by crops.. that grow new oil daily.. a good replacement from how people used to get oil. The idea of a hover car had been ruled out because it used to much energy and power, to have it as an option.. but roads had changed, the gps could actually make a new road you could drive on, almost the same as flying.. and well luckily the units were designed to predict each other.. so crash's were rare.. and usually only existent when people drove manually which some still preferred to do. How it worked was some sort of nano technology that would make the road for you.. but quickly it would then once your not using a part fly back to you and continuing making your road.. and well these nifty little creations.. they could go almost as fast as the speed of light,.. so they had no problem catching up with people.

Today he had decided to go see one of the lakes around.. it was one of the only unaltered lakes since 2039, were water poisoning struck.. and so everything had to be altered artificially and although they were crystal clear.. perfect something was nicer about the pureness of nature it self, well what was left of it in parts. Humans had learnt to recreate everything.. but still nature itself adapted to that fact, and thrived off itself in certain areas.. Seth laid back in the car relaxing as it started to take him to his destination... the food these days had no fat, or anything that would make you gain weight.. but instead keep you at a perfect complexion.. but in saying that,.. again it is all scientist's creations.. which who knows.. probably had some side effect eventually but so far no reported cases of such a thing had occured.. and well it had solved the whole world hunger issue.. as they could make anything grow anywhere off a branch.. even things like Mcdonalds.. well their name might be different now, but they are still the same thing.. well you just go to a tree, place money within this certain area and it brings down the meal which you just pluck of the branch,, how they designed all this who knows.. but it was just a part of life. Once their he just sat down looking into the lake.. and already he started to feel lonely as he just gazed. Hmm first day free.. and first day lonely.. ironic..

Tarani looked over at the TV. Her eyes widened some as she noticed some of the new artificial bodies walk out of the laboratory in her city. "Wow, I can't believe they are allowing out some of the arts out. I cannot believe that is possible... to cheat death in some way.", She said to herself as she ate some yogurt just watching the TV. It was a holo vid as she had gotten used to them since she was older and owned her own place rather then live with her parents. "I heard about them but I cannot tell sometime what they are or how they look.", She kept talking to herself as she just played with the spoon in her mouth as she ate still just eyeing the TV. When she finished the bowl she had filled with yogurt she just clapped to turn off of the monitors. They shut off like any other TV though it was like a ending transmission like in Star Trek. An old series form the 1990's.

Tarani picked up her bowl and then just sit down in a hole which mutated into something like a dishwasher and just washed her dish in seconds. When she moved around the kitchen there were menus open and when she selected something it was instantly made though it was like watching the food channel from the earlier time periods. "Ah, I am full that yogurt was awesome. I am glad they were able to synthesize it so perfectly. Even basically giving me nutrition from every bite.", She kept talking to herself though she didn't mind that nobody was listening. Sometimes being alone did that to you specially since you hated being alone. Going into the shower and cleaning up easily and fast. Usually the shower only took about a minuet and you were cleaned and dried properly and sent on your way. Tarani loved it and hated the fact that women back then had to take so long on their hair and body when she had done it in short of a minuet to 50 seconds.

Picking up her bag walking out in Jeans and a pink tank she loved causal oldies. This trend she had was popular a long time ago and she didn't really care that nobody wore this type of thing any more. Making sure her sandals were snug on her feet she walked out just putting a hand on her door and it locking to the point of not letting anybody in. When anybody tried to come into her apartment the door would just disappear and suddenly the room would just move to a whole new dimension. Cut down a lot on crime and it was nearly gone this age anyway. Going down the instant elevator she arrived outside and got into her car and just talked to her car and mentioned something about a lake. The car lifted up and blasted off toward the lakes it only knew within the area that she would like to go to. Instant; was the term for this since cars could break light and get there in matter of moments. When she arrived she noticed another 'Art' that she called laying down looking out at the lake. Rather then talking though like she would do to normals she just got out of her car and shut it and then moved to the top of her car looking out at the lake. She eyed him for a bit before just staring ahead afraid to talk to a being that was able to trick death easily.

All though everything seemed rather more real then any simulation I had seen to this point everything else was the same, it was always lonely with little to none interaction. Thing was I never attended a real school the second time.. I know I said earlier I did.. but it was all a virtual reality.. Nothing like the real thing, interaction was similar.. but its all wandering inside a computer with other creations, .. we were not allowed much true interaction as they knew not what it would do to our development since our mind being so fragile until the 18th birthday of the new body,.. it was a unfortunate science mistake that was still being corrected but i had not to worry about that.. Still when it came to speaking to people.. how was i meant to do it.. how would I know what to say, .. now that it's all real I can't just think and let my mind respond.. what If I accidentally say something wrong.. I was so uncertain about many things, almost forgetting what it was like to feel real again until the day of release.. they always treated us as so young in the labs.. even recently, just before release.. my doctor treated me as a kid, got me to act like one.. and told me off for not acting like she wanted.

My blue eyes just traced around the surrounding taking in all the glories of something real, Seth sighed as he continued to relax completely unaware a actual humans eyes were upon him. His hand went up slowly tracing the outline of a few clouds, never had he actually seen anything really like them for a long time.. and well, they seemed changed.. the whole world did, But that was to be expected.. tell someone they are going to die young, and their world is not so amazing.. tell them they won't live passed a date.. and that they are all alone.. and everything is not noticed but in a second chance, everything was so new, and could be appreciated. Back in the labs he was starting to get more creative, in the way of virtual painting.. It was similar to the actual style.. that used to occur, instead of thinking up an image.. a piece of paper.. artificially would appear, and you would have to imagine each stroke as if using a brush.. quite a work out on the mind.. but some of the images.. just had a better look to them and felt more creative then thinking of something and bam it just being done... Artists were becoming so slack.. and a lack of skill was starting to occur. No one bothered with realism anymore.. the surroundings could be captured via new technology as full three dimensional images that could be virtually traveled around..

Seth's blue perfect eyes darted around before now noticing he was being looked at and stopped tracing the sky, the clouds.. and just tried to act normal something that would be impossible for him.. the back of his neck showed to large holes, that were scars now.. from the initial insertion of him into the blank.. it showed them as arts but their perfect bodies.. and form also helped them do such a thing.

Tarani looked at him and suddenly she stood up. The scientists wouldn't make something and then it come and destroy them right? She had to take a chance... either that or end up just staring for a long time unable to move. "H-hi...", She said softly as she eyed the creature that was supposed to be human. The idea of it was that these things were able to basically live as humans though they weren't completely human. They were people that should be gone but were revived due to their brain being changed. However people thought that was a form of cheating death and avoiding the inevitable that was supposed to happen.

Tarani had a different opinion since she had believe in the long time ago. She believed this was the key for some humans if choose it would be able to live out their lives that they would like to. For the cancer patients it was another view on life and the whole picture and able to live like any other person. That is why she didn't forsake this type of renewal. It was a way to give back what the patients thought they had lost for all eternity. "I...I... had just arrived a bit ago. I... just wanted to see... if you like to talk...", She said softly though it was stumbling and a lot of garbled words due to the fact she was afraid but able to take risks.

He had partially expected the person whom he had caught looking at him to come over sooner or later, but for now Seth just relaxed before hearing a almost nervous voice.. He turned towards it's source. It seemed some people were rather nervous to have people around that could cheat death.. But at least Seth was not some rich man who paid heaps to get it done, but was going to have his life cut of short,.. but instead science had given him a second chance, yet people still protested about what was occurring, people.. they always needed something to try and rebel or push down.. or stop, it was in their nature to not just accept a new discovery and realize the possibilities.

Hearing the females words again he just focused his attention towards her, it seemed she still seemed to not be able to speak straight.. without stumbling but he did not mind. "You seem to look at me with interest and fear.. but I am still human,.. at least in here" he raised a hand tapping on his forehead with his index finger before letting out a soft sigh "I would not mind speaking.. one can get lonely by themselves otherwise.."

Tarani looked at him and nodded softly, "I-I don't know what to think. I am neutral to a point on the matter. Just most of my friends think it is wrong for somebody like you...to cheat death and to be given another chance. Though I realize who you were before...one of those children that had cancer at a young age and ...eventually 'died' from it." She made quote fingers as she knew that the boy had been transformed into the being in front of her. Knowing of his second chance she hoped that he would make the best of it. Her on the other hand was a normal girl to the point of saying that her body was her own when she came out of her mother.

"I just...didn't know how you art types talk. I didn't mean to sound rude just a second ago but I rarely am around those that have new bodies in some of the sense of speaking.", She explained quickly and nervously as she went over and sat down across from him overlooking the lake. The way it was so preserved unlike the rest of the water around the globe amazed her and wondered if this was a sign that maybe Humanity still was very pure inside its heart.

It truly was an odd question to be asked, it was neither expected.. nor did it surprise him. It was good that this person, seemed to realize that becoming an 'art' as such,.. allowed him to have another life, when his was cut shorter then it should have been. And although his name was still the same technically he was already dead. The only reason Seth had kept his name was because he requested it.. and the fact was everyone else had been changed, to something else to change their existance.. but they did make fake records of name changes for him... they could not just let him wander around as if he was the actual person, everything was in to beta to allow people to know who was who before the deaths.. and if they checked up on him as an art, they would see the numerous name changes but it would probably be clear that such a thing was made up.

A small laugh escaped him now, as he had been thinking about an answer for a small amount of time " You do know.. that although were artificial, we end up containing the thoughts of a normal human.. well, what was once us from our old body.. and so everything we knew how to do back then.. is what we can do now, .. and they can even enhance us.. by teaching us things before downloading us into such a body.." he sighed before speaking once more "This skin might not be real.. but my soul is, .. and that's what this body contains.. I did not deserve to die of a cancer that would have killed me when i was fourteen.. but i lasted till I was about twenty.. my death then following,.. but their is only one problem with starting again.. I know limited people.. and the labs have just allowed some of us out.. for human experimentation to see how we get along with others.. but when people look at us as freaks of nature.. it becomes hard to.. even get close to someone, this is the first time i have spoken to someone outside.. for over nineteen of your years.."

Tarani looked at him and frowned, "Nineteen years? That...is rather long to go without contact. I mean even if the others don't consider you a human or even somebody I do. I mean, you seem like you need to have some people time. You do seem like the boy on the TV. I didn't know you personally at your death but I ...saw a sweet guy through all that waiting to be going onto something better. It was something of an old though again yeah. I mean it just showed me that 'arts' like yourself needs another chance. Given no chance to live and to just go back into blackness? No, I think what you have now is great. I...will help you out if you need help ...Seth.", She smiled and walked up to him. She could see different things that were different form her body to his. The comparison ended as she giggled.

"I might be taking a chance working with an 'art' but then again our ancestors didn't get to the moon without taking some risks.", She said softly smiling as she eyed the man in the eyes. Yes she thought the guy as a guy. Nothing like an art or even a machine but a male. It was the way she thought he would appreciate. "Seth, where have you been since you been able to be outside the labs?", She asked as she waited for him to respond smiling warmly and her bright eyes staring into his.

A partial surprised look crossed his face when she said his name, it was not something he had said to her.. yet she seemed to know it, Seth could remember quite far back when he was that kid.. not many others were talked about on the news at that time, but the fact that he lived past expectations.. still, she would have had to have been rather young at the time to see him.. Still he slowly smiled, at least he knew that what she said.. well he found appreciation for it deep within him. Hearing her giggle the slight look of confusion returned but it soon vanished as he heard this female speak again. "People were designed to take chances.. it is our nature as a species.. for if that was not the case, things would still be primitive."

A small smile crossed his face as he felt like she was actually treating him like a human instead of a freak, "This is the first place.. other then that, only in my previous body had i traveled around a little.. but because of the cancer, i was limited to what i could do and where I could go." A slight sigh left him his blue perfect artificial eyes gazing into hers,.. he could notice very faint flaws in hers.. but that just made him more entranced.. as real compared to perfect.. just felt more natural.

Tarani smiled, "I see...I guess they wanted to monitor you so you didn't develop a way that wouldn't be acceptable here in the real world. Well, just my ...thinking of course. Not that I mean that if you developed another you wouldn't be accepted anymore then you are now." She explained as she sat there and looked over at him and smiled. "I haven't done much in my life that dealt with something amazing in my life like this before. I was going to leave but...I thought this would be a change of pace.", She said softly as she eyed this 'perfect' man and knew that he wasn't as his appearance showed.

(sorry i took so long)
Seth thought about this for a moment, it made some what sense, but still it was not something that directly made sense because he knew not what it was like for an actual human to speak to someone like he was now, Hearing her second thing his emotion on his face changed as he looked at her, a slight sadness starting to show.. "I know you said.. you were going to,.. but please don't..It might seem odd,.. but I really am enjoying this time with you already... although I still do not know your name although you know mine.."

She blushed horribly, "OHHH! I-I am Tarani! ...I... am sorry I should have said something sooner!" She said as she looked away and fidgeted some in nervousness. ~This man must think I am ...so dumb!~ She thought as she looked around some more and she played with her fingers staying quiet some waiting for his rejection or something. It was just something she braced for when she was in these situations. She wasn't very optimistic about her life or love life to be specific.

A soft laugh escaped Seth upon seeing the strong blush take a hold of her face as she realized just at that moment her name had not been said to him. Quietly he repeated the name, just so she could hear it "Tarani.." it almost seemed she was expecting something to occur.. he had seen that look and actions once before, and it was something that then came clear to him a little from his previous self.. "Rather a nice name..Although I wish I knew it earlier" A soft smile shone upon his face now, partially brightening him up as a person, it seemed to be something easily done around someone so accepting of what he was and so,.. naturally almost the smiles would keep occurring. "You seem rather nervous.." lightly his hand pressed against her face feeling the slight heat from the red cheeks "In such a place, you should relax.. just try it.."

Tarani blushed as she noticed his hands move about her cheeks and she smiled. "I should relax or I might faint if I let it get to me too much. It happens when I get too embarrassed or nervous. One of my many faults.", She said softly as she looked toward the lake that was one of its kind smiling at the nice cool air that had finally taken its effect on her. She had ignored the wind since her mind was focused on Seth. She wouldn't call him an 'art' specially since she knew his name now. She knew the boy that she saw on TV was there despite the shell that was basically holding his spirit. "Yeah, this place is where I normally usually come if I am stressed out. The release of information of the company that had helped out the arts was releasing them the media went wild with the information and basically got me all upset. My stomach bothered me before I left the city. You kind of made it go up and down before I knew you it was in turmoil and now it is calm since I ...trust you more then anything now. I can't really...describe why I trust you so much...but I don't question it and I just accept it. Seth...", She turned her head to him, "How do you feel about me?..." She asked as she smiled at him and just let the wind touch her on the cheeks softly as she felt a lot calmer before she arrived.

Seth lightly smirked after hearing the comment that was made by Tarani, it was soft and gentle as if he agreed with her but found it slightly humorous. Although he had not really experienced stress as of yet in this new body,.. well not so new now but compared to a body that was said to be dead at a age similar to what he was now, well.. it just felt like new experiences.. a new life and a new chance. And so far it was starting well. "Maybe you find yourself trusting me because that I was once more like a human then the others that you would call arts.. because i did not pay to become what I am but instead was given a second chance.. compared to the others I have nothing really, they have money.. their second chance just to gain more money where as here I am.. my second chance is just to be me.." a soft sigh left the male before he started to speak again, "Its a little hard to explain.. but so far has been good.. to begin with I was unsure how I would be treated and that is why I came to such a place.. where the number of people would be limited, that way I would not be judged.. but since you don't seem to be doing such a thing.. I feel comfortable.. at ease.. and I guess I can say, I am not sure why.. but I trust you as well.. More so then expected."

Tarani looked at him and nodded, "Yeah they often throw their money at things like that so they can expand their life and gain even more profit. You were taken of the life you deserved and now you are given it back so you are way more different then the other arts that came out of the lab with you. I think that there might be some apples like you in that group but then again I don't think I will be able to approach another unless I am protected or at least assured. With you...I took a chance and I am glad that it was successful though and chance that I took." She said softly as she repositioned her sitting and then looked at him and then out at the water as the wind blew through her hair giving it a wavy aspect to it. "I... think that you will be so more deserving due to how you treat your second chance. The way you appreciate what you were given. If you need help finding some things or just getting used to the life that was taken from you just let me know Seth.", She said as she looked back at him with her soft eyes and smile.

Seth just slowly shook his head not disagreeing with what Tarani said, .. but disagreeing with the actual people themselves, his voice following the quick little shake to just tell her such a thing in case that it was thought that he was disagreeing with her. "They get a second chance.. and all they do is live the same life.. I thought one is meant to learn when a chance is given and make everything better.. but they don't think like that.. all they think .. is money, partial immortality.. and .. money." A soft sigh left him before a slight noise of surprise left him "I do not see why you would not approach one of us unprotected.. were not dangerous.. well at least the majority of us are not.. but then again, it is natural to fear the unnatural" A soft smile crossed him as he then listened to what Tarani said. Seth smiled lightly before sighing "On my way here.. I looked up my family history.. to see what happened to the house that was under my name because of their will,.. well.. a lot can happen in 18 yrs so it seems,.. and in saying that.. I have no where to go.. so all I ask.. just for a few days, is some shelter.. if you do not mind that is"

Tarani blushed, "You want to have some shelter with me? I...I don't mind that. I just haven't had a guy or anybody stay at my place that I wasn't best friends with. Though this could help wane my fear of the unknown." She said softly as she had her hand on her chest due to the surprise that this man had put her under. "Well, when do you want to head to my apartment...Seth? I mean this view is amazing but I guess it is getting pretty late.", She noticed as thet sun had started sinking when she thought it was only the morning. Maybe she just passed that much time that she didn't realize that it was already late afternoon.

It was more the fact he knew no one else, and so far to begin his new life.. Seth had not found anyone else he could trust, he had no clue what some would want to try and do or test because of him being a clone. Most thought that clones were simply robots with realistic flesh.. with an artificial mind.. which could have been said about the prototypes but after that they worked out a method of actually creating a body. Even though that was not exactly talked about to much.. his generation of them were still considered second gen prototypes possible to have defects because not all the kinks were worked out. Still he was not fussed the fact he had a life was enough for him to not be worried about anything else. "I guess I should thank you in advance.. although if you feel I am intruding to much.. I will find somewhere else to go,..so just say if you ever feel uncomfortable with it.." he to had not noticed the time fly by, but in locations like they were in.. that sort of thing just happened sometimes. "I guess soon.. I thought it was earlier.. but it seems time with you .. just passed as if it was non-existent.. maybe a good thing.. How long would it take us to get to your apartment?"

Tarani looked at her watch that was basically digital though it respected the way an old styled watch would wrap around the arm. "It will take us about five minuets to get there even though it is over a hundred miles away from our current location.", She explained as she looked up at him and smiled. "You aren't intruding Seth...lets go home", she said as she stood up and dusted off her clothes she was wearing that day and then held out a hand to the man.

Her eyes glanced over him with a curious nature and almost as if she ignored the present and saw the boy from long ago. Her smile just grew warm as she finished her glance still holding out her hand. She would have to modify her apartment to seat two but that was easy to create another room. With the recent technology they had developed it was a simple button to push and then in seconds it was there.

Although now that Seth thought about it, Tarani really was doing him a huge favor accepting the request he had asked. It surprised him since to begin with she seemed to have a bit of fear for him thinking something was wrong with him, or more precisely.. what he was. Still was it not fair to be given a second chance when the first was taken away?" He at least thought so. He liked how she said to him 'lets go home' implying it would be his home as well. Seeing the offered hand he took it using it to pull himself up a little feeling how soft her skin was, the feeling of real skin making him feel odd since he knew none of his skin was real, but to him it felt like an actual humans.

A smile crossed him seeing how warm her own seemed to be as words started to leave him "That really is not as far as I thought it might be.. but I am glad about such a thing" his face still held the soft smile showing a sign of happiness, something he had not expected to feel much of today, but a persons company really was what he had been longing for.. well since becoming this body..

Tarani giggled 'unpacking' her car as it landed in the form of an old SUV but it had the fuel performance of a normal car or even a highly efficient one. "Come on then Seth! Get in the passenger seat!", She said excitedly as she didn't have much friends and Seth being added to that roster made her happy. When she leaped into the car after adjusting the window to fit her body she did the same for Seth. "You can jump in or open the door either is your choice Seth.", She said softly giggling some waiting for what the boy was going to do.

Before he could make up his mind she turned the vehicle on and waited for him. It was automated and she had it set to her own place of residence. She wanted to get there fast not a fan of the dark unless she was in a secure location. The threat of something happening was still pretty high, they still had prisons to hold some pretty rough inmates but some had gotten out from time to time.

For a moment he thought about entering the car like a normal person would have before watching how she had entered noticing that his door had been adjusted just so he could do such a thing as well in case he wanted to. Seth smiled lightly before jumping into the car feeling slightly more alive by doing so noticing the car seemed already on. "Well then,.. lets enjoy the short drive home that we will experience.." Dark around the city or anywhere really had become a time of despair of which poverty and greed had made people do what they want to get money which in return left the streets unsafe and a thread since some people were more crazy then others.

"It has been a while since I have been to an actual house,... the lab just felt to fake.. including the education they gave to further our knowledge and make sure we were in top mental state.." A soft sigh left him, obviously not to happy about how the lab experiments that had occurred occasionally had been brought in as compulsory remembering one of them that thought because he was a clone, they could do what they wanted in the name of science... that was a few days before they allowed him leave, possibly because this new body had showed of it's athletic skills as it simply pounded into the man.

Tarani had told her car to take off while listening to him, her eyes turned to him as the drove off towards its destination, "well, I guess maybe they wanted you to be ready for the real world? I guess though you living with me will give you a dose of it. I don't live in wonderland and sometimes things like work do tend to bother me." She said softly turning her head back to the world that flew past them quite fast. "I just hope that you will find my apartment apealing.", She said softly as they drove faster, the city skyline had appeared and so did its buildings. Though suddenly as they appeared they passed by them like tall trees touching the sky. Their branches the wires and attenas stretching outward. The cars by them flew by at the speed at light, some of them at least while others traveled Tarani's speed.

Light speed travel was not common since it had only been perfected but it was used by those that were rich. Tarani was middle class, she wasn't even close to being slightly rich. Starting out as a college student and then moving to worker after college didn't prove a damn thing to her. When they arrived at her house the car instinctively stopped and the door opened up to the apartmenht door they were staying at. Tarani got out and locked her car after seeing Seth leave the car, moving to the door she opened it for him as she hit a button and the staircase disappeared and a elevator appeared. "I thought that you deserve some easy stuff so come on, I got us an elevator hehe!", She said excitedly as she waited for him.

Seth looked at Tarani for a moment hearing what she had said, it made him laugh lightly, a soft sound it was compared to what his natural life was like. The thing was he did not mind how it would be like, the fact that he actually had somewhere to stay was something he was just happy about. A second chance at life and already now that it had got to the stage of living, it was finally time to experience it to it's best. Everyday the cityscape seemed to change, or maybe just it seemed distorted by the speed cars traveled. Part of him wondered what it would like to travel at light speed a feet for a little while thought impossible but it seemed that was proven wrong by a man whom everyone thought was insane.

"Do not worry about it Tarani.. I am sure it will be great" it did not seem that far a drive at all as once the car stopped he hoped out before walking up towards where she was watching as stairs seemed to be replaced with an elevator. He had seen similar things before but the fact that she had done such a thing brought him a small smile "I appreciate it.." Simply he walked into it looking around it for a moment before waiting for her to enter herself so that he could actually see the apartment that was to be his new home for now at least as he would not want to be to much a burden to a stranger or more accurately a friend.. his only one so far.

Back
Top Bottom