Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Guardian's Challenge (Fancy_Brat and xdeviltriggerx)

"I am not entirely unreasonable, Kazemi." It was one of the few times her name had escaped his lips. Beyond the warrior-esque features, he could truly see the outer and inner beauty that she radiated. "If it would make things easier, I will take my residence on the outskirts of the village."

She paused as she heard him speak her name. It was the first time since their meeting that he had done so. All this time he had been addressing her as Guardian. "I do not think you have to go to such lengths. I'm sure you will be accepted by the people of the village. I'm sure you can find residence somewhere here." She started to move by him. "As for me, I shall go back to the shrine. they will be awaking soon. If you are to come, then it must be in the morning."

"Very well. Until then." He gave a salute, heading out to the outskirts of the village.

The dawn came, Lucian coming up to the gates of the village. For the most part, people didn't recognize him. They gave him looks, but no one said anything. A voice came from the shadows.

"Do not go to face the Guardian. You will be slain." Lucian nodded, remembering the battle with Kazemi the day before. However, thinking about her didn't stir up a desire for combat...no, this time there was a different desire stirred up- could it have been love? No, couldn't have been.

"I just wish you had told me what to do," he said to himself.

Kazemi had returned to the shrine for now. She had made sure the priests were all fine before sending them off. Of course, she wouldn't let them see her. As she was in the shrine, she could sense how Lucian was in the village, knowing what people would think of him. It was strange to have somebody new here. Everyone had been living with each other for so long, as though they were all family. For the rest of the day, she did not have any visitors. Offering always came early morning, and perhaps Lucian would come by a little after. She found herself almost hoping he would come by again. She wasn't sure why. It was strange to have found someone that could best her.

Lucian didn't dare to come to the shrine during offering. It wasn't that he didn't have respect for Kazemi- on the contrary, a part of him felt a great fondness for her, but it was more so in regards to the priests. One of them surely would recognize him, and would alert the others. He decided to wait until the offering had passed, and then would go to see her. He traced his finger along the scar that she had left during the course of their duel, a fateful reminder than even the best had something to fight for.

After the offering had been given, the priests went off back to the village. The area was empty once again, and it would have been the perfect time for Lucian to come by if he wanted to. In their visit, the priests had indeed inspected the broken locks of the shrine, looking to fix those up right away. Kazemi still remained inside, apparently in deep meditation. She had been looking over all of the village, as she always did. She was still expecting Lucian to stop by for a little while.

Seeing the priests leaving, Lucian decided to come up to the temple. Pausing in front of the entrance, he did something that was out of the ordinary- he knelt before the statue not just as a sign of respect, but also not to draw attention to himself. He kept a small knife on his side just in case he had to fight. Seeing that he was in the clear, he went before the door and whispered her name.

"Kazemi..."

After they had left, she had already sensed Lucian coming towards the shrine. However she had not anticipated that he would be kneeling before her here, especially after he had beaten her in the duel. Without bursting through the doors, a faint wind picked up, and her form slowly appeared at the top of the steps. She slowly descended towards him, stopping before him. "Rise. There is no need for you to be so formal." Her expression was much softer than her usual cold stare.

Lucian rose, the dagger at his side hidden. He was not going to use it against Kazemi- no, she had not merited such a treatment. However, just the same if anyone had tried to attack him from the village, he would have to fight. Still, it merited a degree of caution. He looked up to see the form of the one he had once branded as his foe.

"It is good to see you again, Kazemi. You look well."

Back
Top Bottom