Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forbidden.

Lyra shook her head, "No, I just don't get my feelings.. I mean, why you? Apart from the fact you're so different, and sweet... And you're willing to actually listen to me and treat me like a real person." She slowly turned back to him, maybe it was something she could get over, maybe once trying it..."Nathan.. Would you kiss me? Please.. Just once.. One last time. Then we can forget about this, I promise." She moved in a little closer, taking one of his hands.

He smiled looking into her eyes staring at her she liked him a lot she thought he was pleasantly different. He took a deep breath wondering exactly what what about him made her like him so much. He looked into her eyes taking a deep breath before making his decision. "If i only get one more kiss then i would very much like it to be on my terms. " He spoke softly leaning forward a bit to whisper into her ear. "I need you to sign and order placing Rebbecca Marks immediately under my command. Then in 2 days we can leave I promise you once we get to where we are going there i will grant you that wish Lyra. I promise one more kiss if you can hold out for 5 days. " He spoke softly barely able to hear it himself but his lips where close to her ear so he knew she heard it.

Lyra pulled away quickly, "Rebbecca? Is that... Your sister?" She asked warily before standing, "But why? Why do you want her under your command?" Lyra's eyes narrowed to his strange request. She walked toward the door awaiting his answer as she began to remove the chairs from the door, "Wait, you told the men I was sleeping.. How am I supposed to make it to my room? I've nowhere else to sleep."

"No I told the men to tell everyone else you were sleeping. They know you are with me I knew you wanted to talk and this is the only way we could be left alone. I hope you don't mind me lying to your father. " He spoke softly looking at her taking a deep breath settling down. "You have a brother Lyra, how would you feel if he was involved in this war as a soldier or an attachment to a military unit. I just don't want to lose my little sister. "

"Ah, right." She opened the door and began to walk along the hallways making her way to her bedroom, "I understand.. I'll do that tomorrow. Forget about the kiss.. That was just me being needy and idiotic.. I'll still follow through with your request, I told you I'd do any favor you asked of me, remember..?" She smiled sweetly before halting at her bedroom door to say her goodnight to Nathan.

"Will you be going for your nightly walk tonight miss? If so i will wait here. " He smiled looking into her eyes he very much wanted her to take her walk it would give him another chance to talk to her tonight. He wanted to tell her she was not being stupid and that he did in fact want to kiss her he just had something in mind that would have been better suited to a first real kiss with a princess then alone in a dark room hiding from the world.

"No, no.." She sighed and opened her bedroom door, "That's fine, I'm a little tired anyway so I'd rather just get some raised." She gave him a quick peck on the cheek before bowing her head, "Goodnight, Nathan. Sleep well." She smiled before closing her door over, soon undressing herself and changing into her night-wear. She sat on her bed for a little with the lights down just thinking, she didn't know what to do. Within time she tucked herself under her blanket and fell asleep.

When she closed the door he let out a soft sigh shaking his head. "I thought you said she did it every night. 2 days make plans for 2 days keep it quiet. "He spoke softly as he moved threw the hall going to his room once there he sat down slowly taking off his suit. "Your never going to get promoted this way. What are you doing here? Why did you accept this assignment?" He swore at himself for taking this job the entire time he was getting ready for bed. Tucking himself in closing his eyes trying to figure out what was going threw his head as of late.

Lyra woke up about an hour after she'd went to bed, it was only 11:30pm and since she couldn't sleep she decided to go for a walk. When her nightly guard walked to the other end of the hallway to check she sneaked away downstairs to Nathan's room. She tapped rapidly on the door, "Nathan? Nathan?" When he didn't answer right away she slowly opened the door handle before closing it over, she knelt down beside his bed and gave his arm a little tug, "Nathan, wake up." She whispered closely to his ear.

Nathan tossed and turned lightly as she knocked on the door. The door to his room was heavy and muffled the sounds of her beating on it more then he expected. Nathan was not wearing a shirt and was only wearing a pear of undershorts beneath the covers. Feeling the hand on his arm his other hand shot under his pillow as he turned to see who it was. "Princess? What are you doing in here? How did you get in here? Where are my men?" He sat up slowly moving to the edge of the bed near her keeping the sheet over his groin to cover the very light shorts.

Once he sat up Lyra sat up on the bed beside him, "I snuck away when they were checking the other end of the hallway.. So they still think I'm sleeping.. I'm sorry." She sighed with her head down, "I just can't sleep.. I just feel cold and kind of lonely I guess.. The more I talk about it the more lonely I feel.. It's hard for me to sleep like that.. I'm sorry for disturbing you though." She gazed over at him and smiled weakly.

He chest peppered with small scars ranging form a the size of a quill pen to 2 inches. Cuts and gouges over his life had left a road map of his battles over the years. "It's okay i understand i get like that myself sometimes. " He took a deep breath putting his hand on her lower back. "Why are you lonely? What is bothering you? I certainly hope it is nothing involving me or my men. "

Lyra shook her head slowly, "No, no..." She gazed down at his chest, raising her hands and running her fingertips lightly across his body, "I'm guessing I know what these marks are off.." She sighed, "I just feel lonely.. Maybe I might go sit in the garden or sleep elsewhere I don't know."

"A few of them might surprise you but for the most part I am certain you could guess. " He took a deep breath trying to figure out what was bothering her but for the most part he had no clue what he was talking about. "Well i would say you could stay here but if someone walked in it would not end well for me. If you want i can get dressed and we can go for a walk. " He spoke softly his hand rubbing the small of her back lightly wondering if he could help make it better.

"I'd say a walk would be nice... But someone might see me, and they'll know that I snuck away.." She sighed, "There's a lock on the door? Or there should be. I could stay on the floor with a blanket, and most likely keep you awake all night with my mindless blabber before I fall asleep.. Ehh.." She shrugged and sighed.

Nathan smiled and placed his hands on her shoulders moving her so she was laying on the bed with out asking. "I may be breaking the rules by being in here with you but i will NOT break my code by letting you sleep on the floor. " He chuckled softly to himself standing up now that she was laying in his bed. He walked slowly his back to her riddled with the same scars that as his chest. He moved to the closet and pulled a small roll of fabric it as well as an old looking pillow. " That is why i kept these. " He smiled unrolling the bedroll and tossing the pillow down at the head.

Lyra laughed as she was pushed down and quickly snuggled herself into the quilts, the scent of Nathan was strong and she could almost melt in it. "Such a gentlemen." She laughed a little and watched as he took out the bedrolls. She sighed and shrugged a little, "I hope this trip will do me well... And I'd really love to meet your sister too.. If she's anything like you which for some reason I doubt! She'll be great. But I'm sure she is regardless." She smiled, squeezing the quilts.

He took a deep breath laying down he liked her laying in his bed a little bit to much. He took a deep trying to calm himself down before laying down closing his eyes as he got comfortable. Once he got comfortable in what had been his bed for so many years. "Feel free to talk as long as you like princess if it will make you more comfortable. "

Lyra had already dozed off just from the serenity she got from his company, the warmth of his room and the scent of him just keeping her safe. Her breaths became a lot heavier, her body twisted to one side facing Nathan who was laying in his bedroll. Her hair had fallen into her face a little and the blanket was barely covering her from her recent fidgeting, but she was fast asleep.

He smiled seeing she was asleep closing his eyes wondering what was going on with her why she seemed to be so drawn to him. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes drifting off to sleep quickly one of the benefits of being in the military. He slept still and silently his mind had gone from dreams of battle and glory to dreams he had never had before dreams of love and a family.

Through out the night Lyra awoken to see if Nathan was sleeping. She moved onto the floor into his bedroll and cuddled her way next to him, she weren't touching him and didn't make no noise what so ever, and since the banging on his door didn't wake him, this definitely wouldn't. She soon fell asleep. She thought about her feelings for Nathan before this though. Was it.. Romantic? Friendship? Family? She didn't know at all.

Nathan felt the warmth in his bedroll next to him and as he laid there sleeping he let out a long drawn out sigh. He smiled his hands reaching out slipping from under her neck and over her side holding her lightly. He did not pull her to his chest like he normally would it was like his mind realized that he should not be holding her close to him.

Lyra placed both of her arms around the one that was under her head, nuzzling against it in her sleep. She would probably wake long after him since he was usually ready a good hour or two before she was. She liked to sleep in, it was the only time she had 'fun'.

Just as dawn broke Nathan opened his eyes trying to figure out exactly what had happened. He took a deep breath trying to understand what she was doing on the floor and in his bedroll. He could not move to go get ready for the day she had his arm in a fairly tight grip. He ran his fingers threw her hair lightly pushing the stray hairs from her face. He hoped she would wake up soon he had a lot of work to do today.

Lyra nuzzled more into his arm as his fingertips soothed her, her body moving a little closer to his, she let out a soft yawn, opening her eyes a little, but barely being able to see, "Morning..?" She sighed, her eyes pretty much closed over still.

Back
Top Bottom