Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

for the honor of my family. (pony and the real raven

He left her alone for a few days as to let her cool down more towards him and his absurd invitation of her and him in the same bed. Though on the third day when he could actually walk he sent a note to her via Samus. The note was simple: "My lady, I fear my question was taken the wrong way when i requested your presence a few day back. I wish to apologize as well as explain why something so horrid came from my lips. Would you be ever so kind to join me for dinner this evening?"

Elizabeth read the note carefully the question had still been stinging her she had never been so willing to help some one before and she had grown feelings for him but now she was afraid of those feelings yet she did not know why. She barely knew him why should she be attached to him so soon. She crumpled the note and tossed it across the room. She called for a maid to help her get ready she would be kind enough to give him a chance to try to apologize to her for his words. She had them dress her in a yellow and white gown. They brushed her hair careful not to pull on any to avoid knots. She slowly moved down to the dining room where she was to have dinner with him.

He stood as she neared the table, and remained that way until she was seated. "I do apologize about the question a few nights Ago My Lady. I felt it was imperative that I find out if you were like the others before. I've had nice women come before and help with wounds then try and take advantage. I was glad when you hit me for it told me that you are different then them."

She bowed her head sadly "my father wanted me to give you everything if it meant gaining position for my family I would rather have a man that loves me rather than a man who wants to bed me. I would rather have my honor rather than position and nothing else." She said softly she sat down. She looked over at him she was still hurt that he had done that to her though "I'm not sure I can trust you now that is not to hurt me " she said softly.

"Hurting you was never part of what I had planned, but I can see how it did. I am truly sorry for it. I just ask that you forgive me and see me for what I am. Many women have come claiming that they wanted to help only to try and take advantage of my hospitality. It is hard to trust these days, though it was so easy then." He continued to explain. Her father had sent her to claim a title for their family surely she could understand what he was going through over the years. Dinner came out a roasted duck was on the platter along side the duck was a few roasted apples and a bowl of warm water for the tea.

She shook her head "I understand how you might feel that way after that is what I was intended for but I do not want to do that. I don't care what my father wants I want a husband who loves and thinks of me every waking moment. I am not a whore to give a man a bastard child but to give him a child that is ours. I will consider any child I have with a man I do not love a bastard child for I believe the marriage is false." she said softly. She did not eat for a long moment but finally took a small portion.

"I understand, and I do not want to bed a woman that will not like, or rather love me for who I am." For a man in the time they were living say the word like let alone love was a huge step in actually being a man then a boy with an inheritance. "I shall always be the man I am and if someone can not accept it then they can roast on a spit." Not exactly pleasant conversation for an evening meal but once his statement was over his face came back to being it's normal self. The fact of the matter was he wanted what she wanted a companion, someone who would stay by his side no matter what.

"I'm not sure I know you. one part of you is completely civilized and respectful and would never have said those things and never would have behaved as you did a few days ago and then you do the complete opposite. I need some one that I know isn't going to just change like that on me I want a man that respects, loves, sees me as more than just a womb to fill, and who doesn't ever give me a reason not to trust him." she said softly She stopped eating completely setting down her utensils. "I came here because my father commanded that I do that now I want to know that you are not like the other nobles he will send me to if I return home with out a request for my hand in marriage. I need to know I can trust you because based on the behavior I have seen from you since I arrived I'm not sure that I can. I need to know" she said softly.

"I never claimed that it would be easy to understand who I was. However it will take time for you to see me as I am. I have explained the reason for my behavior a few days ago, and am aware that you will need time to gain trust once again. I do not blame you take as long as you wish." He said softly before continuing their meal. He wasn't unkind, completely the opposite at times his servants even ate better then he did. He did not mistreat them unless they somehow betrayed him with something unforgivable. The slave that impersonated him wasn't beaten wasn't whipped or any other such cause of violence he was just requested not to do it again for the reason he had intended.

She sighed "I want you to be honest with me did you test me because you wanted to find out or did you test me to be sure that your instincts were correct? I want you to tell me the truth it doesn't have to be now but I want to know if you have any feelings for me at all before I invest my feelings and concerns in you again like I did when you collapsed in the hall. I need to know the truth before I open up to you so that I know if it is worth the risk if there is any chance of me being happy for once." she said softly she slowly took a bite of her food "in fact I don't want an answer now I want you to really think about it."

Theodore sat there amongst the battle field once again. Life for him really didn't change to often, even if he had a beautiful woman in his house. He did find his mind wavering and wandering where it shouldn't. "Greggory, ride home and give Samus this note."

The message was delivered two days later. Samus took the message from his master and his friend. He didn't have time to read it as of just yet. He spoke with Lady Elizabeth as he had grown accustomed to over the past few months she had been there. After that he went about his business making sure that everyone was doing their job well around the grounds. Except in one place, The Lord's garden. That garden wasn't allowed to be stepped in by anyone but the master. Samus had only been allowed to make sure the plants had plenty of water while Theodore was at battle.

A few more hours passed before Samus was finally able to read the message, and was shocked at what it said. With a smile on his face he rushed up stairs. "Pardon the interruption Milady, but I have something you must see." He said knocking on the door.

Elizabeth had grown fond of Theodore these past few months she had started to grow attached to him almost trusting him again. She knew that he was the one that might be able to give her everything she'd wanted from a husband but she was not sure if he wanted her or not. She was sitting at her desk replying to one of her fathers letter informing him that she was doing her best and that he had left for a while to fight. She heard a knock at the door "come in Samus" she said standing and walking to the door waiting to see what he wanted. She waited to see what had made him so anxious "what is it Samus that has you so excited."

He walked in revealing a boutique of roses, a irises. "The master's orders." He said softly handing them over to her. "They were picked from his very own garden. He sends his regards and hopes you are well." Samus had much more to this letter to reveal to her and asked that she follow him. He lead her down the stairs of the keep and onto the grounds in the back. First there was a training ground were some of the servant moved to help their lord fight for the land. Then beyond that a small sized (about a football field) lake, and further a stone wall.

Beyond the wall lay the garden that the Master had put together as a child before inheriting it from his father. Samus unlocked and opened the door so they might walk in and view the garden that lay before them a good half mile in both length and width.

She let him lead her to the garden looking around through each space they passed through. She stopped as they reached the wall looking at it curiously before being guided in. She looked around in amazement "did he do all of this?" she asked walking further in awed by the beauty and rarity of such a place. She looked around she sort of spun looking around in amazement she had never seen anything so beautiful. She could not believe this place she hugged Samus happily. but quickly pulled away slightly embarrassed. "should I write back to him?" she asked softly.

"Lord Theodore has been maintaining this garden since his childhood. He has never let anyone set foot in here aside from myself. When the young master began to grow into fighting he asked me to tend to it and make sure that nothing died without proper reason." He lifted the note that his master had written. "He says that you are allowed to enter the garden. He believes it will help your solace while he is away protecting the land." He shook his head at the mention of her writing a letter in response. "I believe it wise to inform him about it in person once he returns from the battle field."

"when will he return?" she asked sounding a bit anxious. She could not believe what was happening he was sharing something with her that was truly important and special to him. She sat down on a bench as she thought carefully she knew he trusted her now. She knew what she would do when he returned she had spent quite a bit of time with him so she felt it was reasonable. She felt that he deserved a kiss, she looked over at Samus "I feel like I should have something to offer him but I do not. Samus I'm not sure what to do actually I've never a had a man do something so sweet for me. I want to return that kindness but I'm not sure what I can do?" she said. She had become slightly bonded with Samus he was a friend to her in way.

"I do not know Lady Elizabeth." Samus answered as he continued to lead her through the garden. "He stays out on the battle field for days on end. Even now I don't know how far he is. I could send his rider back to find out if you like milady though I am not sure how long the information will take to gather." He extended his arm to show her she could be seated.

"I really wish he were here right now I would like to give him a kiss for the first time but I'm also afraid he might take it the wrong way. He is so different than any of the nobles I just hope that I am good enough the kindness he has shown me since he started trusting me makes me believe that he deserves the best. He's very intense his eyes when you look at them its like they are little whirl pools sucking you into them making you forget everything that has ever gone wrong in your life makes you feel at peace for just a moment. I don't know to describe how everything about him makes me feel." she said softly

As they spoke a rider came up to the gate of the garden. "I come with a message from the Chagne family. They wish to have a formal meeting with the Lord of this estate." The rider was quite rude to Samus as the orders flew from his lips. "His lord and her lady Chagne are already on their way and shall be arriving in the next few days. So make ready your house for guests." The rider then left speeding across the land leaving without letting eitherof them speak.

Elizabeth glared at the rider "my father will hear of the disrespect he paid you and he will pay for it. We need to send word that he must return and quickly I will write the letter." she said softly she hurried off to her room pull out a bit of parchment and quill she dipped it in the ink "You must return to your home my lord, my father wishes to meet with you I hope you can get here in time for my father will send me home if he does not see you here within a day of his arrival. He is looking for some kind evidence of our bonding. Though I'm sure my eyes will show it. I greatly enjoyed the garden it is beautiful I am so lucky to see it I have something to give you upon your return.
Elizabeth" she ran to a rider and told him to make haste.

"My Lady perhaps it is wise to deliver this message personally. Your Father can not hope but take you if you are not here." Samus reasoned. "I shall remain here and state that you and the master went out together." Samus wasn't sure yet of her answer but he had come riding clothed for her in hand just in case she decided to go. "The rider could show you the way to the field and then The master show you the way home when you both are to return."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Theodore sat on the front lines of his command, that his liege had given him to command. "Alright men the battle will be taxing for us, but let us put a fear into their hearts to end this battle quickly!" The men shouted with a rage that would scare of most anyone thinking they had all been driven mad. His force was an elite group which only those the king had thought fit to fit with the commander had placed. "Charge!" Theodore yelled. The group of four hundred soldiers rushed the field heading into the higher number of nine hundred armed forces of the opposing horde of barbarians.

Elizabeth nodded taking the clothes and heading to her room to change she came back, her hair was tied back tightly "Samus I wish you luck with my father he is nothing like me so be careful do everything he says until we return I do not want you to feel his temper." she hugged him and ran to the stables finding a horse already saddled and ready for her. She mounted and rode off the rider soon passing her so she could follow him "we need to move as quickly as possible" she said to the rider She held onto the reins firmly as they rode pulling herself in close to the horse so they could hopefully move faster and put less resistance on this for her making the ride easier.

The battle waged for a few hours just enough time for the messenger to arrive. The camp was arranged and everyone was back in their tents awaiting the next skirmish, though they knew there wouldn't be one for another few weeks. Theodore was in his tent on the cot, his wounds being bandaged as the rider neared the tent. "My lord, a messenger from the estate has arrived." The healer quickly gave a glance at Theodore, and quickly explained he wouldn't be able to travel for a few days due to his injuries. A groan escaped the Master's lips though he continued with his eyes closed as he was being patched up.

Elizabeth told the messenger to stay outside. She slowly entered the tent she smiled seeing him but the smiled quickly faded once she saw that he was injured again. She hurried over "my lord are you alright?" she asked very concerned and it could be seen in her eyes, but that was not the only thing in her eyes fear was also in them the fear of her father. "I had to see you I have urgent news. My father is coming to visit your home we must return as soon as possible." she said softly she took his hand in hers. She looked over the wounds worriedly till the healer told her he was going to be ok he just needed rest. "I'm sorry to bring such bad news after you showed me something that gave me so much joy." she leaned in and softly kissed his lips she hoped it would not seem too bold. She had been wanting to kiss him she had not been able to stop thinking about him since he left.

"What news?" he groaned slightly as the healer stitched the gasp in his left shoulder. His shield had failed and caused the opposing warriors blade to lodge itself in his flesh. Two times had he been hit by bolts of a crossbow, on in the same shoulder as his gash and the other in his right thigh. a few minor cuts were upon his face as he had barely dodged a bolt as well as someone's blade. His ribs were sore from a mace that had struck him though luckily his armor held, but left a nice sized bruise upon his flesh. The kiss had caught him off guard but it was welcomed, he too had grown fond of her. With the torment of the healer he could help but cry out in pain teeth clenched. "So what of this news?" He asked again as he tried not to focus on the butcher tending to him.

Back
Top Bottom