Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Burned and Blackened Blood (G23 & loneiysong)

"Of course I can whistle." She chuckled and shook her head. "Any kid who is lonely or frequently bored knows how to whistle." She giggled and couldn't help the wagging of her tail. She then breathed in and did what he did only to a lesser extent. And accidently released every so often a mariad of different shaped fire balls usually shaped like animals.

"Very good! Very very good!"

He beamed at her, and let his tail brush along her flank. He had told her that Dragons communicate most through body language, like most sentient beings, but their most expressive organ was the tail. Dragon rarely touched each other with their talons. Not because they could hurt, but because it was a very forward and possessive style of contact. And also some Dragons had shorter legs, making such contact difficult.

But all Dragons had tails.

His gentle touch was tender, but somehow not in a sexual manner. It was like when her grandmother gave her a hug about the shoulders for doing a lesson well.

He rumbled softly then curled up the end of his tail and prodded her jaw with it. He nodded. "Very good. But not too much jaw work. The fire won't hurt you, but it can get tiring. Let your tongue do it. Also your fangs and jaws are meant to make the pressure. The fire wants out. When it finds a space and you allow it, it will leap forth."

He closed his mouth, almost, and the flames roiled up, swirling behind his fangs. It swirled in every direction, guided by his tongue, but he kept his jaws in place. The fireballs began to lash out, throwing sparks and flashes that washed over her and the ground, burning the latter. then suddenly, his jaws still shut, the flames leapt forth in a massive fireball, that held it's place before his snout, while more and more flames roiled up in his mouth and into the fireball.

Then he nosed it and it exploded, so bright and yet so dark that even Furad yelped in surprise then moaned that she could not see. when the moment passed, the fires danced about them in rings, tickling her tummy and tail, and cutting them off from all about them.

He smiled. "We call this fireplay. Each Dragon has their own style. But learning to contain the flames in such away can allow it to do some truly marvelous things. Some Dragons can even summon thunder storms through their flames, and others can make the fire into shields which can do all sorts of things. I personally can...welll here."

He pointed his head straight up close his eyes, then repeated the action, though this time the fire emerged more quickly. Then when the ball had formed and he let it sprout before his face, it crackled and flashed with actual lightning. He blew it up into the sky and it exploded with a thunder boom so loud the earth quaked beneath them, and several hundred lightning strikes flashed all over the ground.

Everywhere it struck came more booms and small fires.

He nodded and inhaled and all his fires vanished, and the grass that he had burned regrew. he then sneezed, scowled, looked around and growled. "Daisies. Hate that smell."

He shook himself then looked back at her. "Now don't try to push it, but you too will have something that is solely yours and your fire's. Now is not the time to find it. you need to get to know your fire. To know it's pressures, it's abilities. Is it stronger with the continuous flame or in balls? You will learn to lengthen the one because it strengthens the other and vice versa. But i cannot teach you what your fire likes. I will not say it is living, because it not separate from you, but it is in that it will react better if you find it's strength and use it. And do not think you have to be restrained to just the continuous flames or the balls. Experiment. Try new things."

His tail poked her rather hard. "But only in the open away from living beings. And i would prefer you do so around me. Dragons control our fire, but it does like to play. I know you would not harm intentionally, and I would not want you to do so accidentally." he nodded toward the targets.

"Now burn them again my dear. You are doing very well."

Furad was singing a song, about herself, but she had altered the words so Tirana's name was in place rather than her own. She was simply bursting in pride for the young Dragon, and she noted, for Tirana's sake, how proud Nabaz was as well. His large eyes studied her thoughtfully, and Furad assured Tirana that he could not hear Furad unless the spirit Dragon wanted him too.

She nodded and giggled as the fire tickled her and then played around her. She swatted playfully at the rings with her tail and looked at the rings. She puffed small balls of smoke through the rings missing the hoop through many but then scored one and laughed and flapped her wings in victory. She danced around and then looked at Nabaz and then looked at the target and took in a breath of air and let the fireball form in her mouth as she was shown.

Without moving her head she tried to destroy the middle three targets. She severely singed the outer two and destroyed the middle. She growled and then blew a bigger fireball that split and destroyed the rest then burst into fireworks and shot into the sky. She heard Furads song and chuckled and shook her head. "You are going to make me have a fat head my lady." She purred deep in her throat.

Nabaz tapped her tail. "Very good. Now back to continuous flame. Breathe in through your nostril. Don't inhale, just let the outflow of fire draw the air in. No deep breath. It's a bad habit to get into. part of your training will be learning how to do this without being able to draw air. Including underwater and in sealed caves. I will be there to protect you do not worry."

He gestured toward more targets. "Never blow flame into the wind. It may not be able to hurt you, but it can blind you. Also never blow fire at a Dragon unless you know them. Some can take it as offense, and it can be made to hurt you if the Dragon is angry or mad enough. But that it for later. Flames please."

Before she could though he began to poke and tickle her with his tail. his face was calm and relaxed, and his body gave no sign of the movements, but this tail found every spot that would make her itch, tickle, and nearly go mad with need to scratch.

"You will not scratch. Fire." he nodded toward the targets as his tail continued. He was especially adept at running the tip along scale breaks with feather light touches that made them itch all the way to the bone.

She growled and wanted to scratch her body. She breathed in and let out the air through her mouth as he instructed. She was distracted by wanting to scratch all over. Her scales were curling with her want. But a large powerful fireball exploded out of her jaw and blasted out and jumped and danced around the targets playfully destroying each one. She curled her claws into the earth and growled wanting very much to scratch at her itches.

"Keep it up. Continuous pillar of flame. Do not stop." He continued to tickle and feather touch her, finding ways to make the itches even more intense and numerous.

He then also began to step on her tail. Not with his full weight, but it did prevent her from wriggling it and gaining even that small measure of relief by moving.

"More fire Tirana. I know you can do it. Let the air in through your nose, and let it fuel your fire. Do not stop."

She was being driven to near madness. She threw her head back and bellowed one of the mightiest roars from deep in her diaphragm when he stepped on her tail. It didn't hurt her it just frustrated her to no end. Throwing back her head and without thinking about it she let loose one of the biggest brightest pillars of flame, that if a human were to happen by they would have thought that the dragon had mastered the power of the sun.

Suffice it to say when the roar was gone as well as the pillar, so was the target. The earth was singed but in its place beautiful little blue blossoms began to bloom from her magic. She snarled and pulled her tail away without thinking and half driven mad she leapt into the air and took off. Not thinking of where she was flying just letting her spirit take over. She was heading for the sea.

He grabbed her by the tail again and yanked her down, pinning her with a slam to the chest, crushing her to the ground.

Furad yelled. "HEY!!" but he ignored her as he pressed his foot down onto Tirana's chest. "You do not run, burrow, swim, or fly away from me Tirana-Purple Scales. Ever."

He pressed down then began to drag her across the ground. It churned up earth, but also scratched her itches. His eyes were not kind as he snarled. "Tell me you understand little one."

Now his size truly did become clear. his one paw was bigger than the whole of her body. He could and was gripping her fully about the chest, his fingers even holding her wings down. And he was holding her down with utter ease. He brought his head down, blotting all else out as he hissed, his fangs bright, as he glared down his snout at her.

The large green oceans of green blazed with more age, more power, more knowledge than she could ever fathom.

She roared out in fear and frustration as she fought very valiantly to remain in the air nearly taking him to the air as well. But he was too big, and she was too little. She snarled and rolled on the ground trying to get away. She roared loud. It was a loud ear piercing roar as dark clouds began to gather. Tirana had no idea of the great trouble she was in, she just had to ease the itches. Being dragged on the earth soothed it some, but she was still aggravated and it did nothing to soothe her. Years of torment had finally burst forth and had turned the dragon momentarily insane giving her her first taste of dragon rage.

She roared louder. Even though he held her down her wings beat against the ground as if she could somehow still take flight. Her eyes were wild and her fangs were bared. Her legs and claws were flailing. Not to hurt, just to displace the greater dragon so she could get up and maybe try to get up for a moment to try to get away.

The dark clouds continued to gather.

He raised his wings and brought them up together in a clap.

The sound was beyond deafening. It was so loud it threatened to crack her very bones. Everything was still, and the itches were all gone.

He had her by the throat now. Not in a playful grip. or even with his other paw.

His fangs were set against her neck. She could not move. His grip was unbreakable. His other paw was on the ground beside her face, the talons buried deep into the earth.

Furad was silent now. Actually she could not be felt for the moment.

The dark clouds were gone. He had dispelled them. His eyes burned into her's waiting for her answer. The games were over.

When the wings cracked, an instant ringing filled her head. She whined in pain. Her itchiness was gone, but she could hear nothing. Her head was filling with bees. Each stabbing at her brain. Her claws gripped Nabaz. It wasn't a lovers grip, a threatening grip, it was more like the grip of a delragonling through the first thunderstorm.

Tears filled her eyes as her wings still, but weakly beat at the ground. "I surrender." Her voice was strained and awkward, she was deaf locked in her own brain she could hear nothing else. "You are master." She continued to whimper her heart was flailing in her chest violently.

He released her neck, then released her chest.

Furad slowly began to speak, and Tirana could now see the very clear spirit flying back toward them as her words buzzed unintelligibly in Tirana's brain.

Nabaz blew flames over her, soothing her. Then he nudged her. "Now get up. Try again." He not only said this, but also pushed the order into her mind in a visual way.

She knew something was wrong, she could see Furad, but she couldn't hear her. She was cut off. But she could hear Nabaz in her mind. She leaned up unsteady. Her ears ringing and her head throbbing. Using her tail as balance, she tried again. She was dizzy, her head hurt, but she put forth the best effort. When she threw the flame, searing pain shot through her nose and up into her eyes and skull. Snorting she held her face and stumbled back coughing.

Black smoke curled from her mouth as she wheezed in pain. Rolling to her side she trembled.

He blew fire over her again, this time engulfing her as it began to burrow in, and she was actually aflame as it burned away her pain and hurts, feeding her energy.

His eyes showed no pity, and he ignored the now terrified Furad.

"What have you done?!"

He did not answer, still breathing flames onto Tirana, encasing her in protective healing magics fueled by his power andf fire.

She was not wounded by dragon magic but another kind of magic. A magic that was not traceable. It had collared her. The only way to break it was to find the one that had cast it. Tirana sighed being comforted by the flames. She shivered and tried to stand up. She still couldn't hear anything. She dug her claws in, unaware of what had happened to her. She tried blowing another pillar of flame shutting her eyes as pain shot through her more pronounced and skull crushing. It brought tears to her eyes and she trembled.

Nabaz strengthened the protective and healing magics, then sniffed, searching for the source.

Now he was truly getting angry. The lesson had been going well, even the short fight they had just endured, then comes this new thing.

He didn't like it. And he certainly didn't trust it. "Furad shut up and help me find what attacked her."

"You did you monster!!"

"I did nothing to hurt her. And you know it. Now hush and look."

Furad blinked, and obeyed, flitting into Tirana to begin her search.

The fight had begun by the magics taking over. The magic had been well secured and hard to find but then non severable magic was coming from the castle. Her own home. Tirana collapsed on her legs and groaned. The weight of Furad was too much. It made her head hurt. She became so weak. She blinked slower and slower. She groaned.

"Nabaz...I hear a voice....a voice....that is new....". She whimpered she couldn't hear anything but that.

He lurched forward. Not his body, but his truth. It wrapped about her, fueling her with yet more power, and placing wards and sheilds all about her.

Any fool who would use magic against a Dragon had to die. But first he had to protect her. He linked their minds, trying to hear the voice as well, while his body flew back toward the castle, eyes mad with rage.

This would not be.

She screamed in agony as he tried to put the wards on her. The pain was too great and she wilted under him and collapsed. Whoever was doing this had done this before and to much greater dragons. The voice could be heard though. It was low and booming and speaking garbled to Ana as. As if sensing the other presence, the figure began to laugh maniacly.

Tirana was left alone in a field. Two figures circled above but Tirana was still out cold and not able to defend herself.

The thread of magic would lead him back to her bedroom but her bedroom was how she left it. Nothing was amiss. But there was heavy dark magic all around.

He put the wards further out, creating a second, then third shield around her.

And his body landed on the balcony and hissing struck a knob on the door. The shield exploded with light, cutting off the magic with power far beyond any magician. The souls of thousands upon thousands of Dragons poured forth, powering the shield. The unseen shield, filled with unseen Dragons began to fly through the city and mountain, then through the palace, searching mercilessly for the magician.

The presence gave everyone higher spirits, more strength, and even made them luckier.

No magician was found. But one chalk drawn rune was found under the bed of the princess. It was old dragon hunter magic. It was drawn in white chalk and topped with flecks of blood. The drawing had been drawn complete and sealed. Two unnamed dragons, one a sickly green and a bright red were seen carrying off a much smaller cargo.

The evil brother knew his plan had been successful. He saw the dragon flying towards the castle. But nothing could be tied back to him. He grinned and smiled rubbing his hands together. Good maybe the damned dragons would leave and stop trying to make his life a living hell.

The drawing was burned away. The dragons scoured the city, destroying other such marks. Hidden wards. Charms. power increasing amulets, seeing stones, killing dolls, tricks, and all sorts of other little things shattered and fell apart, never to be mended, their pieces burning away.

Nabaz flew back to Tirana while his essence soothed her, powering more healing forces and flames.

"Tirana. Can you hear me truly now?"

Tirana was gone. The only presence was a large golden dragon that had been blinded and its large defensive scales pulled along with its talons. It stood tall and it growled. It was a large male dragon. "I trust I am in the presence of Nabaz?" The dragons small scales glittered and one could tell this dragon was used just for show and defense for whoever his master was but had suffered many abuses.

Nabaz shuddered as his essence rejoined his physical form.

He towered over the newcomer and hissed. "I do not know you. You are not of the Thunder. Show proper respect snake."

He took no pity on the newcomer. Any Dragon could escape any binding with the will. This was not a Dragon.

It did not have the right to the name. "Speak weakling. WHo have you allowed to demean you in such fashion?"

The dragon sighed and shook his body and growled. "You know not of what you speak but I do come bearing a warning, the Princess Tirana is no longer yours. She has been bought and collected. Your services are no longer needed." The dragon snorted and shifted rolling its shoulders.

"Should you attempt to find her, the royal heirs will be attacked by dragons, and because the royal family are not too bright they will see it as war." He grinned. "And because of your status of the Thunder, that will just tie your hands." The dragon chuckled and looked in the direction of the dragon. "So, Nabaz, speak and let me know how I shall respond to my master."

Back
Top Bottom