Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Burned and Blackened Blood (G23 & loneiysong)

Tirana smiled and fluttered her wings at his high praise. But when he asked her what her questions were, she bit her lip. She shifted and looked around at all the dragons. She felt very put on the spot. Shifting in the snow for a moment, she swallowed softly and then let out the question that was pestering her. She knew she ran the risk of it making her sound like a coward, but right now, she had to know.

"What if we can't defeat her and she enslaves us all?" She said softly.

"If victory is impossible, we will fly to other lands and make allies and grow stronger until she can be defeated. We will evacuate all of Nethis if we must before we let innocence fall to her power Tirana."

The whole group thrummed. "And before we fight we will call upon other allies and friend for their knowledge and aid. Some might even know who or what she is and how to reverse her magics. We cannot be sure but there is a chance. And Dragons never fight until we are ready."

The others thrummed at this as well, and a female near her shoulder spoke. "until then have no fear sister. Come. You must have more questions. we are here to aid and teach as we are to welcome."

She then looked around and then shifted and then ran her claw in the snow and then looked at one of the women and laid on her stomach and stretched out and curled her legs around herself and pulled her tail around herself and then looked at one and blushed.

"When...when it is time for me to...um..." She blushed and shifted. "Will I lay an egg or..." She cleared her throat clearly embarrassed.

"You will lay an egg yes dear. And it will hatch when the time is right. And do not expect it. It can take minutes it can take twenty five thousand years or more. We still have eggs from our first birthing that have yet to hatch. Some are larger than even Nabaz now. Be patient my dear."

Nabaz rumbled, and the crowd began to settle, the younger Dragons going to play, some of the elders moving to gather meals.

he then turned to her. "You will have all the aid you wish little one. All the experience in such matters you could wish. And safety for yourself and the egg when it is ready."

Mother Scale chuckled. "One thing you must understand. Every Dragon is different. Some can create and lay an egg within a month. Others need longer. We have also seen it take as little as three days. But never think we would rush you. You do what you will in your own time. " The others nodded.

Nabaz spoke. "While we speak emissaries are going to our allies among all the peoples. So we are at your disposal for all questions you have."

She moved to Nabaz and then bit her lip and then shifted a bit and watched him.

"Will I prepare a nest? If so, where will I prepare it?" She watched him. She was not sure what to do. She bit her lip and shifted a bit. She was afraid that the one who forced her to have this egg was going to steal it. As the egg grew within her she became more and more attached to it. She couldn't help it. She looked around and rubbed the scales on her knuckles a bit watching them.

he chuckled. "You're asking me? i'm not a mother."

He gently nuzzled her. "Yes little one you will make a nest. It will be wherever you decide to place it. i would advise you put it somewhere safe like a cave or something like that. And I will be outside, and these ladies will be about to guard you and your egg. Nothing will get to you or it."

He drummed his claws on her tail. "We will protect you always little one. It is what we do."

She tapped her tail against his arm gently. She didn't mind so much the other ones. It was him that warmed the cockles of her heart. She just didn't know the special dragon ways to say it. She wanted to show him in a special way but she and him just had so much on their both perspective plates that it would be tainted. She sighed and winced a bit as she stretched out and ran a hand along the side of her face and then thought.

He made a gesture and the others drew away, and he began to stroke her spine gently. "Time to rest little one. You flew well and we have much to do."

He began to thrum for her, still running his claws over her spine, soothing her as best he could.

She moved close and snuggled under him. She shut her eyes and she sighed contentedly. Resting her head on her foreclaws, she watched the other dragons. She enjoyed the touch of Nabaz. She curled her legs under her gently and thrummed gently in her throat. She loved being around dragons. It brought her a peace so profound, she was sure she had never felt anything akin to it in human form.

He wrapped his tail about her and let her watch in silence, still stroking her spine and thrumming gently.

As they watched, a band of young Dragons, none larger than Tirana herself, began what equated to a snowball fight. But being what they were it was vastly altered. they could roll snow into clumps and hurl it at one another with their clever paws, but they used their fire to make ice and slush balls, their tails to send showers of the stuff onto one another, their wings to blow whirlwinds of it all about.

They were having a wonderful time and laughing at the delightful play.

Nabaz rumbled and smiled. "The happiness of youth. it warms my old heart."

He chuckled as one of the more clever Dragons,a young pink, was ambushed, but instead of cowering or crying, she burrowed into the snow and actually tunneled her way to her foes, dragging them down into pits of ice.

Nabaz smirked. "Clever."

When she felt his tail coil around her, she moved in close to him to snuggle and watch the younglings play. She smiled and nuzzled in closer to Nabaz resting her cheek against his arm and dozed watching. When he spoke she blew smoke up at him.

"You might have an old heart, but your spirit is younger than mine." She winked up at him. She sighed and shut her eyes as she began to rest letting herself thrum against him feeling herself be warmed by his presence.

He rumbled. "You are only as old as you let yourself be little one."

He squeezed her a bit closer, still thrumming, letting her drift off if she wished while he watched their fellows.

Things grew quieter and quieter, even the largest of them taking very light steps. they were hunters born. Trained by eons of instinct and practical input on how to move silently, to leave no sign, to give no indication of their presence. had you not been able to see them you would not know they were there.

Of course their smell was strong, and their flames warm, but even these did not reveal them.

As they lay there, snow began to fall. Instead of moving her, Nabaz let his own steam and smoke shape a cone of snow about them, as many of the others were doing, creating makeshift tents out of snow, filling quickly with the heat, theirs more so with the two of them, while the snowfall grew heavier, until the whole plain was covered in large mounds of snow, with not a sign of a single Dragon. Those who had not taken this option had found caves and other retreats.

Silence now held the land, though it was not an eerie empty silence, but one of peace and soothing comfort. The dragons were communing with one another. And still Nabaz held her close, thrumming gently and stroking her spine.

She chuckled and leaned in against his warmth. She sighed and when she woke up she looked around at the ice cave they were in. She smiled and looked at him. She grinned and then felt an odd pain in her stomach. She roaned and then moved to a corner and began to dig a hole and in no time at all, there was an egg the size of her fist that was silver with flecks of emeral through it. She sighed and looked at it and then shivered feeling suddenly empty. She collapsed fainting into the snow.

Nabaz did not move when she woke. Nor when she lay her egg,

When she fainted however he moved, shifting her into a ring about her egg, then forming another ring about her. Despite the source of the little life before her, it was still a Dragon. he could smell it. He could sense it.

For now though he had to protect the mother. So he kept her warm and close, letting her be soothed my his rumbling thrum and the continued stroking of his claws over her scales.

He rumbled some more, then opened an eye. "Yes Tirana?"

He studied her thoughtfully, still forming a mountain of scaled flesh between her and aught else, his great heat creating a cocoon of warmth about her.

"How do you feel little one?"

Back
Top Bottom