Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The dying (Strawberry_kiss & fogu_s_tofu)

She couldn't help but chuckle softly at the dog story, smiling back at Z, "Well..it was mostly little things..." She lied with a small smile, and decided to change the subject, "Oh you still haven't told me about those girls on the second team..?" She asked, tilting her head to the side

"Ah yes. Well, Custer, we had met her before Beetie. Engeli and I were after a rather blood thirsty vampire in New York. Vampires like large cities, especially with the goth scene. This guy however was starting to stand out. We had tracked him down an alley that split into a T. I went one way, Engeli went another. At the dead end, I found myself cornered. I'm strong, but I'm not a vampire. As I have said, I didn't completely turn. I thought it was all over untill in a flash, these beast was on the ground eating skateboard." He moved his hands a litle as he talked, motioning the shape of the alley and even how he had been gripped by the throat. "Custer, she split a piece of and staked the monster in the heart. Calmly she looked to me and procalimed that I owed her a skateboard. It was only then I saw..." He stopped and took a drink. taking time to wipe a dribble of liquer from his chin. "... Fangs." He tossed the napkin on the bar as he finished the sentence. "She wanted something to help her walk in the daylight. I told her we would help her look if she helped us. When we met Beetie, he asked about the coffin in the bed. We didn't lie, and he kept looking over his shoulder. More as the night neared."

He motioned for the bartender and asked for some salt and a bottle of scotch. Another drink of the rum and it was set aside. He felt a little light headed from drinking so fast but pushed on. "Demin, she chose to call herself that. I still don't know her real name. I'd found an old spell book in a pagan shop. Most of those things are fake, so I bought it for a lark. I picked a spell and read it out and before I knew it this beautiful creature was there before me." The bartender interrupted him as his new order was delivered. "Thank you." Z scratched his head. "Yes. she was standing there and I heard words I never expected to hear from such a being. How may I serve you master? I honestly didn't know what to say, we ended up talking all the night, my partners clueless in their own motel rooms. You should have seen the shock when they all met. Beetie especialy was frantic, demons and him, they never got along. So it was tense, we had no job just traveled looking for things to do. Three days pass, soon we are in this little dirt town. Demin was starting to feel like a sister, I had to scold her a few times for threatening people, and we became quite close." He downed the rest of the rum, taking a deep breath as he set the bottle down. "Never closer than her and Custer. You hear things in a camp mid night. There are no questions as to what is going on." He actualy seemed to blush mentioning such a thing, even without detail. "They didn't drink, custer didn't like the flavor, Demin, it took too long and she rather be sober. Though she did take a nip here or there for the flavor." He thought back on how long the story was and felt quite sorry.

She listened to him carefully, fascinated by his adventures and all of those he met along in his journey. She finished her drink while she listened, ordering in another and never taking her eyes off of him as he spoke. She chuckled softly at the slight hint of Custer and Demin's close relationship, smiling warmly back at him, "Wow...I gotta say I'm kind of jealous...and to think that I have been ignorant enough to never have known that..people...and creatures like this actually exist in this world...It's fascinating..." She grinned, taking a sip of her new martini, sighing softly

"The people who know and the creatures prefer it that way. It's a way to prevent havoc and allowes the things that go bump in the night to stay well hidden." He popped open the scotch and poured it into the slow melting ice. "It is a conspiracy." He gave a smile held up his glass in a toast then downed the liquid. "Ignorance is not knowing, stupidity is quite different. stupid, that's what I am. I pass up opporotunities to get to know people." He refilled his glass. "People like you."

She blinked slowly, putting her glass down after lifting up her glass to him as she stared at him, "...You are getting to know me..And you're not stupid at all" She smiled warmly, chuckling, "I'm enjoying getting to know you" She smiled, taking a sip of her drink

He returned her smile warmly. "As long as one of us thinks I'm smart in that department, it's okay by me." Z filled his glass again and cleared his throat after drinking the burning liquid. "So far, I seem to be educating you on myself. Tell me something, anything about you."

z laughed and shook his head. "Oh you're not getting out of it that easily." he started sipping his drink, he felt a buz coming on and decided to take it slow. "Just, something small. Favourite music, colour, movie, something little you know."

"Alright then..." She chuckled, taking another sip of her drink, "I like all sorts of music, nothing specific..my favorite color's purple, and I love alot of movies its hard to be specific with that..." She sighed, smirking at him, "Well then...Anything else you wanna know?"

"Anything you want to disclose, but that can wait." He had been sipping the liquer slowly as she filled in the blamks. The rest of this bottle and he might be just right. Maybe get one to go.

"I'm in the same town as this thing, and I feel farther away than ever." Z's mind went back to work and the only fear he had. Losing this thing again. "I've got a good idea, let us just forget about work tonight." He eyed her up and down when she took a drink, adverting his gaze as she set her glass down.

"Sure....." She smiled at him warmly, as she took another sip of her drink. She was starting to get quite the buzz, and it was starting to show. She couldn't handle her liquor very well. She rubbed her forehead a bit, shaking her head softly, "Another thing about me....I'm not really good with liquor" She giggled, leaning back a bit, rubbing the back of her head. She was getting a bit tipsy just as she took another sip of her drink.

Z grinned. "How many more before we should leave?" He put down the glass and picked up the bottle. He wasn't drinking any more. He could feel it. He'd feel it tomorrow as well.

"Lemme finish this one..." She giggled, finishing up her drink, "But you seem far more sober than I am so...You're driving.." She chuckled, licking any left on her lips before she got up off the stool, getting a bit woozy, holding on to the bar, "God...I really suck at this don't I?"

"I've had much more practice." He took some bills from his inside his old coat and left them on the bar. Taking up his bottle and putting it in his pocket he offered her his arm. "Let me lend you a hand." sober, it was too exspensive to get completely drunk, so he always settled on tipsy.

She chuckled softly, taking his arm, "I'm not drunk, y'know..Just pretty tipsy" She smiled, wrapping her arm around his arm as they walked out of the bar

"I know, just better safe than sorry." He said as he once again opened the door for her. Even though Amelia was a friend, it felt good to walk out of the bar with a pretty young woman latched on his arm. A few guys outside looked their way and he gave them a grin. Opening the car door he helped her keep steady as she entered the car. Once she was in, he closed it up and moved to take his place behind the wheel. He buckled in and paused. "I do believe you still hold the keys."

"Oh right!" She smiled, handing over her keys to him as she buckled in, sighing as she looked back at him with a chuckle, "Hey...Ever been in love?" She asked quietly, a small smile upon her lips as she brushed her hair back

He took the keys, showing off his fangs, but the question that followed rubbed the smile off his face. He started the car and waited a moment before pulling out of the parking lot. "I was sixteen. She was fifteen. She broke my heart after two years. I'd rather not say much more." His voice was monotone, and his watcheful eyes never broke their hold on the road. "Maybe I'll say more some other time. For now I'd rather deal with now and think of the future." He looked over and gave her a small, sad smile, witch brightened the longer he looked at her. "I really like talking with you, and I really shouldn't let a silly old thing like her bring our moods down." He felt a blush starting to creep up and he turned his focus back to the road.

She listened quietly to what he said, turning to look back at him. She smiled sadly back at him, nodding in agreement, "I like talking to you too...I haven't had someone to talk to like this in so long...It's nice" Her smile brightened as she looked back at him, feeling quite comfortable around him. It was strange...She'd only met him yesterday, and she was very cautious and uncomfortable around him...But it only took her a day to feel relaxed and even safe around him. Her cheeks turned a soft shade of pink, turning her head to look out the window.

"It is nice." He replied. It was a few more streets before he found himself pulling into the parking lot of the motel. one reason he liked small towns, you always seemed to get somewhere in an instant. "Looks like we have arrived."

He stepped out of the car and moved around to help steady her, his own having him falter enough to resort hanging onto the car. "Looks like that short ride gave us time to get a little more unbalanced." There was humor in his voice as he offered her help. "Let's get in where if we fall nobody will see."

She chuckled as he helped steady her, but had to hang onto the car to do so, holding onto his arm as she nodded, "We better hurry then...I can feel a stumble approaching" She teased playfully and laughed, leading the way back to their room, dragging him with her

"I agree my dear, I too feel one coming along." He kept a good hold on her as they made their way into the room, fumbling only a moment with the lock. he made sure to kick the door closed and stumbled along with her to the bed. "Here you are." He made sure she was sitting completely before letting go and setteling down beside her.

She smiled, blushing a little as he got a good hold of her as they made their way to the room, stumbling together together to the bed. She grinned as he sat beside her, "Thanks for all the...balance help" She chuckled

Back
Top Bottom