Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The dying (Strawberry_kiss & fogu_s_tofu)

Z looked over to her. "Hollow? I'm on it." He stood and strolled over. he tapped the wall in front of her, going from one side to the other. He hmmed then grabbed a board on each side. He pulled on it hard and the wall gave way, leaving the man with a large chunk of barn in his hands. "Anything?" He asked.

As he pulled back a large chunk of the barn's wall, Mia stepped in to take a closer look at what was behind it, blinking in surprise and stood in awe, "Actually...Yeah" She wasn't expecting this at all. She stared at the remainder skeleton of what seemed to be nor human nor man, but rather a mixture of both. It must have been there for ages, "Do you....know what that is...?" She asked curiously, trying to take a closer look at it.

"do you know what that is?" The question perked his interests so quickly he didn't even set down the piece of wall, but instead turned to look at it. "Yea, it's dead." It looked like a half breed, and it was old. Identifying them, was sometimes hard. "Let's get a few pictures, maybe a friend of mine can help."
He set the wall against the rest of the wall and dusted off his hands. "Splended job, Amelia."

She glared at him when he answered her question, "No shit...I thought it might still be alive" She replied sarcastically, before looking back at it. She nodded as she reached into her purse, pulling out her camera, starting to take a few pictures from several angles of the skeleton. When he complimented her, she grinned brightly back at him "It's luck, that's all...But thanks!"

"I would have never tapped on the walls." He opened the book and flipped to an empty page, produced the pen and sketched out the figure with quick and precise detail. he flipped it closed and turned to her. "This throws a wrench into our gears. There is no telling how long our new friend has been here." He caught a glimps of something behind her and stepped around the detective. When he had bent down he found a bracelet partially covered by the dirt and hay. After a quick inspection he looked to Mia. "Tell me, what do you make of this? It could be nothing after all."

She nodded, smiling proudly of herself as she kept inspecting around the plce. When he called for her, she hurried to his side, looking down at that bracelet, "No..A personal possession is always a clue.." She nodded, leaning in closer to take a better look at that bracelet, "Hmm..By any chance...Do you know who it was that was massacred here..?"

Her position on personal possessions brought out an old memory. "That would have been helpful when I was in stockton." the question on the massacre stalled him a moment. "Back then, or just recently?" He said after a moment of thought.

She blinked at the mention of stockton, but thought better not to ask now and find out later. At his question, she paused to think, "Well...How long do you think its been here..?"

"I think only a corroner could tell us that. Know anyone who believes in these guys?" He tilted his head towards the skeleton. "The families killed then." He took the booklet out and flipped through the pages. "Brooke, Booker, Smith, Haffield, D'wit and Chumbly." He looked it over again. "Other victems. Lisa Bright, Stephen Bower, Paul McLeer and Ash. Ash was a drifter, some blame him. Keep in mind, these are just the ones mentioned. I did some digging of my own. Hardy brothers, the Pembrooke family, and some fellows by the names of Heart and Campbell."

She looked back at the skeleton, staring at it as she listened to the listing of families. She looked back at Z, "Well...Maybe we could try looking for the owner of this bracelet...and perhaps find a clue to take us back to the one who did all this in the first place.."

Z was listening but looked closer at the object. "This doesn't have blood on it. The clasp is broke, and I think I see a shoe print." He put a finger on the post in front of him. "The owner. A whitness perhaps?" He stood and handed it to her. "The locals don't trust me. Better you handle it. I'll see if there is a connection between the people then and the people now." he looked around. "Yea, I want to go." He walked to the wall and boarded it up again. "Can't let some kid find this." Z was starting to look a little bothered with the scene, but he made no mention of it as he headed out of the building.

"That is possible.." She whispered softly, looking down at the bracelet as he handed it to her, biting on her lower lip like she usually would when she's deep in thought. She looked up at him and nodded softly. She slipped the bracelet into a small plastic bag before slipping it in her purse as he boarded up the wall to hide the skeleton. As he headd out the building, she followed him out, taking in a few deep breaths of fresh air, "....Hey Z...?"

In the fresh air he was feeling better, but the thoughts brought up by the scene inside needed to be quelched. He was vaugly wondering how to do this when she called to him. "Yes?" He asked softly as he turned to face her.

She opened her mouth, ready to ask him about Stockton, but something about the look in her eyes told her otherwise. She changed the subject, "Where are we headed to next?" She asked instead as she unlocked the car

She seemed to change her mind of asking him what she really wanted. He ignored it and answered the one she did ask. "Wherever you like. I think we have what we need from here." Honestly, he wanted a drink. Something strong but felt it better to skip on the alcohol... maybe skip, it depended on how he felt after the drive.

"Oh...well then...I..wanna go to a bar...I need a drink after that..." She replied, lightly scratching her cheek. It was hardly noon but she was desperate for something to drown out that horrid image, at least dull it a bit. She opened the car, getting into a driver's seat, "You in?"

He liked the way she thought. "Why not." He said as if he hadn't thought of it himself. His door opened and he was in there quicker than lightning. "Drinks are on me." He said once he was buckled up.

She chuckled softly, starting the car as she started to drive to the small town's only bar, "Don't get me too drunk now...I AM driving" She pouted

He leaned his head back on the head rest. "The only thing that I am worried about is getting too drunk to walk." He looked over at her. "I've never drank with a woman before." He didn't mean it in a bad way, it's just not something he'd done before. "The girls on my second team. They took every chance they had to spend with eachother. You wouldn't have expected them to be working with the me and the others at all." He turned his head back to the road and watched the asphalt pass under them.

"Second team?" She raised an eyebrow, glanced sideways at him, "Others...?" She added, getting more and more curious about him just as she pulled up at the bar, parking her car before she grabbed her purse, "Well I'm honored to be your first female drinking partner" She chuckled softly

"Yea, the first team I was on was with my boss. I told you of him, he died when we took on a rather powerful guy. Forbes had to drag the thing to hell, only one place he can be. The old guys retired after that. Lutz lost an arm and Sully just decided it was time to quit" He closed the door and started to follow her into the establishment. "I put a team together after that. "Engeli, a fallen angel trying to get back to heaven. Found him working in a church in Norway. Beetie, he found us. A stubborn marine with a knack for explosives. We took him on in texas after he killed a few Chupacabra that raided his camp. brought them in like they were trophies." He stepped ahead of her and opened the door bowing slightly. He was keeping off the subject of the girls for now. He'd wait untill they had a good seat and she had spilled a few things about her. "Did you ever have a partner?"

She smile as he opened the door and bowed slightly, nodding her head a bit as she stepped in with a soft thanks, "Sounds like an interesting group of people.." She smiled, letting out a soft chuckle, "I had a partner once...Jason. He was more of a mentor, really. Poor guy was stuck with me a total newbie for 3 years.." She smiied warmly as she thought about it, walking up to the bar and taking a seat on one of the stools, ordering a drink form the bartender.

"They are." He replied as she passed, then she told him about Jason.
It was Z's turn to chuckle. "Why was that so bad?" He had to ask, he couldn't imagine her being a burden. he took a seat next to her and waited for the bartender to serve her first. "Rum if you have it, sir. In the bottle with a glass of ice." His order made he turned his attention back to her.

As the bartender handed him his rum and her martini, Mia sighed softly a she took a sip of her drink before she replied, "Well...I wasn't the best partner ever...But he was really nice about every single screw up...He was a very sweet guy.." She sighed softly, taking the olive in her drink, nibbling on it absentmindedly

He took a long drink from the bottle. Setting it down firmly he nodded. "I can relate." He took another drink. "I once imolated a dog by mistake. Boy did I feel bad." He watched her nibble the olive just as absenly as she did it. "So were they constant little things, or something you'd rather shine on."

Back
Top Bottom