Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Niche in Time

I must admit that I'm really at this site for the writing...I confess (somewhat sheepishly) that I barely, if ever, check other parts of the forum. But I thought I'd check in here to see what was going on, and apart from the embarrassment (in a good way!) of seeing I've been given another positive rap by an awesome partner, I also got an idea of what's been happening here.

Andy, I make a great sounding board (among other things >.> ). You ever want to vent, just throw a PM at me (unless you're venting about me, in which case...tone the bile down a little ;) ). I'll listen...as much as I can do when I'm reading text. :)

Take care of you. As I've always said...we're just writing a story. Real Life always comes first.

I'm going to be away for a while. If my partners lose interest, I understand. I don't know how long I'll be gone for. It may be a day or two. It may be a week or two. If you have me on Skype or YIM, I'll be there to chat if you want.

Hope everything is okay. ..and I hope all goes well.

I'll still be here when you get back. Our story's not hanging at a critical point. :)

I made a few posts tonight. If any of my partners are no longer interested, I understand. I don't want to give up rping. This is something I love. Someone told me when I was discussing the subject of rping with them that the void that rping filled in my life has been filled by other things. It's true some things in my life have changed. Some situations are pure bliss, and some a bit more complicated. The point is, rping is something I'm just not ready to walk away from. I feel like my writing has changed, and my creative energy and muse seem to have taken a vacation, a very LONG vacation. Still I don't want to just say goodbye to BMR and my friends here. So I'm working on it. Still, since it has been a while since I posted, if any of my partners want to drop a rp, I understand ,really I do, and there won't be any hard feelings on my part.

I do hope everyone is well. There are some people I would like to say thank you to. You are the ones that I have talked to about what is going on in my life right now. You've listened, offered your advice, your encouragement, and most of all, your understanding. You have not judged me for the choices I'm making, and for that I thank you. You truly are the embodiment of what it means to be a friend. Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

I know that I’ve been away for a while. My posting has been pretty much nothing. I’m trying to make time for rping though. Why? Because I enjoy it. I want to be involved in this again. My rp count may not be as high as it was before, but I do want to write again. So far, with my threads, I still owe two replies. As for everyone else, I’ve replied. In pm, I have a couple of rps that, if my partners are still interested, I’ll send out a reply soon. In email, I have three rps that, again if my partners are still interested, I’ll send a reply soon as well. Sure I could tell you what has been going on in my life, but I have my reasons for keeping it fairly quiet. Some of my partners know what’s been going on. I’m making choices that may not be the best, but they’re my mistakes to make. I thank my caring partners for their time and understanding. Most of all, I thank the ones that know for not judging me. That would be so easy to do, and yet they don’t.

I started to think the other day that I’m not smart enough to rp with some of my former partners. I’m not in college, and I certainly don’t have any plans to on the horizon. No. In fact, I interviewed this week for a full time position with the company I work with. It would mean changing departments, but my work ethic has gotten me noticed. Seems I’m gaining a reputation. There is another girl in my department who has been with the company three years, and she doesn’t have full time yet. I was approached and asked about it by the manager over the departments. Do I want it? No and yes. More no than yes. I have my reasons. I like what I do now. I like the department I’m in, and I’m good at it. So what if I’m not a college grad or student? Still I see who they’re working with, and I know I’m not as smart as they are. Guess it shows in my writing and the way I think. I think I’ve “type casted” myself with the types of rps I do. I watched a movie a few days ago, An American Crime. I would love to do something with that sort of feel to it. There I go again. Another abuse rp. Maybe I really have “type casted” myself.

Welcome back Andy and good luck in your endeavors. The smartest people aren't always the best people for the job, just the fact that your bosses believe you can do the job they want you to do is a testament to that. Believe in yourself more. :)

Your real-life issues are your own, and you don't have to share them with us if you don't want to. Never feel you have to share them.

And the smartest people in the job aren't always the best people for them. Engineers are often pretty bright people, but they can lack real-world experience which can make some of their choices seem pretty dumb. If your bosses are asking you to step up, it's because they think you're doing something right.

I didn't get the job, but honestly I'm not that upset about it. Sure I wanted full time, but I'm good in the department I'm in. Just because this door wasn't opened, doesn't mean the right door won't open for me later on. As long as I keep working hard, make a name for myself, and prove how good I am, the right things will happen.

Just when I wanted to get back into rping, I get....a cold. Dun. Dun. DUN! *sniff sniff* It's kicking my behind too. I haven't slept good the past few nights. Here's hoping I can sleep tonight. Been sneezing. So to my partners, what's left of you, bare with me until I can get this cold under control.

As for partners, I've spoken with some as to whether or not they're still interested in our rps, and some I've even left replies for. I'm trying. Woudn't mind taking on some new rps, but I don't want to do that if my partners are still interested.

Thanks Sirix and Sync.You guys are the best. *sniff sniff* Anybody know any home remedies for a running nose?

Well...bummer that you didn't get the job. But least your bosses sat up and took notice of you. :)

AndNich123 said:
Anybody know any home remedies for a running nose?

Fingers. :D

Okay. So I’m still trying to get back into rping. Actually today I saw a rp in the group rp section that interested me. So I threw my name in the hat for that one. My partners have been the best. Of course I have lost some rps due to my inactivity. That’s to be expected. I don’t harbor any bad feelings towards any of my partners that lost interest. It happens.

I was involved in a relationship that started back in February this year. It was great, but I knew it wouldn’t last. There were factors that I knew would bring things to an end eventually. When it did happen, I wasn’t ready for it. I thought I would have more time. I was wrong. Though it hurt, and I won’t pretend it didn’t, I went on. What else can you do? Three weeks later, I get a picture message from him. Turns out he wanted to try again apparently. We talked for a couple of weeks, and he came to see me. He lives two hours away from me. No, distance was not the cause of the demise of our relationship. We spent the day together, and he took me to work. Last week, on this very day, was the last time I got a message from him. He hasn’t messaged, called, or attempted to contact me in any way for anything. So of course I imagine the reason our relationship ended before it the same reason for the abrupt conclusion this time. I’m okay with it. The relationship was good. I felt more loved than I had in a long, long, long, long time. He helped me open up my heart that I had closed up tight due to the pain of my past. I won’t ever forget him, but I know the relationship was never going to last. So if he tries to contact me again, I know the thing to do is turn him away and move on. After he left me the first time, I decided I didn’t want to be alone. So I became active in a few other sites that I won’t mention. There was a gentlemen there who had some photos of some nice furniture. Upon reading the description, I found out he had built it. I messaged him complementing him. He too lives two hours away. Not the same town as the other man, and no, it’s not the same man. He said it was too bad I didn’t closer. We kept talking, and we have been doing so ever since.

So as I try to get back on track, again I would like to thank my partners. Sync, I know you said posting would be slow, and I am more than okay with that. Sirix and Ladydark, thank you for your patience. DeRe, I know where I stand with you, and you too have been more than understanding. Deruckus, you have gone beyond being understanding. I don’t want to leave anyone out, but you all are amazing. CrimsonMaster, I understand you losing interest. It was completely my fault. You were an excellent partner to work with.

I put myself in a bad situation, and now I’m coming through it. Just please continue to work with me while I get back on the rp track. By the way, do you like the avatar? That’s one of my characters. Her name is Callie. I play her with different personalities. Currently she’s in a rp I’m doing with Alvis Alendran. Keeping it in the Family: The Next Generation. Also, on another happy note, Something Ordinary, a rp I was working on with Reydan, has come to a conclusion. I thank you so very much for the experience Reydan. Ladies, he is a talented man to work with. He has also indulged me with my plot idea for An Unknown Fate, which will also be coming to a conclusion soon. We are currently brainstorming for our next rp. Let’s hope it’s as memorable as other rps have been. And last, but certainly not least, Google. I know you’re waiting on an opener from me, but I am terrible at writing openers. Lol.

Have a good day BMR.

Oh! One more thing. Trophy Wife. Over 100,000 views! Thank you Ladydark for inviting me to pick up the role of Melanie. I have enjoyed it so. Here's to the next 100,000 views we get.

You're a tough girl, Andy. Give yourself credit for that.

And I'm just sitting down looking at our story so I can get my reply up...

Nice new avatar, btw. :)

Today at work was….interesting. Well….earlier in the day the MET team was working with the overhead racks. MET comes in and sets up displays and such. Well the guy hit the sprinkler with the rack he was working with and boom! We had water spraying for half an hour. Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink. Trust me. You do NOT want to drink this water. I wasn’t there, but I’ve heard this water is not clean. The poor guy tried to hold the pipe in an effort to keep the water from going everywhere, I guess. He was drenched. So when I went in at 5, it wasn’t fully cleaned up. They had a couple of fans out trying to make sure everything was dried. It was just a bad night. The paint department was still opened. So of course I’m still taking care of customers. By the way, it’s a good thing they can’t hear my thoughts. No offense, but I curse customers in my mind everyday lately. So that was the wonderful and exciting world of work today. Tomorrow is a long day, but I still want to get in some replies. I don’t do as many replies a day as I use to. Just simply isn’t the time and/or muse. Things aren’t like they use to be. To my partners, I continue to thank you for your understanding with that. That includes my new partners. Yes, my new partners. I have joined a group rp, and I am loving it. Asylum rps have a special place in my heart. Thank you to all my partners. You all make coming to BMR and rping so much fun and worth it.

You're always worth the wait Andy. :)

And as for the sprinkler incident...I've been in a factory when someone did something similar. Granted, he used a forklift to rip a sprinkler out, but...same principle! The water in them is pretty gross since in an isolated holding tank. So...it's been sitting htere, stagnant, for the Gods alone know how long. ><

Alvis, Reydan, and Sync are my next partners to give a reply to. Have a good day BMR.

Oh, and thanks for your kind words Alvis. You're so sweet, and you know your posts are worth waiting for too.

Well we’re staring down the start of the weekend. It’s Friday, and I don’t have to work tonight. I do have plans though. It’s the local high school graduation, and I’m going. So from about 5pm, or so, I won’t be available to chat or rp. Tomorrow is a short day at work, and after the week I’ve had, I’m looking forward to a short day. Sunday is business as usual, but I may have a visitor at work. Seems there is this one customer who only likes it when I mix his paint. He’s friends with someone who worked until recently with the company. I miss her. She’s a very nice person and a hard worker. So that’s the weekend in a nutshell. I hope everyone has a nice one.

I joined a group rp, Eternal Peaks. I know the usual fate of group rps. This one seems to be going strong. There is a shortage of doctors though. So if anyone is interested in playing a doctor with the power to do as he/she pleases over supernaturals, then by all means check it out. For the record, I’m okay with a sadistic doctor. The more so the better in fact. I have asked one of my current partners if he would be interested in joining. While hoping he does, if he doesn’t, I more than understand. Believe me I know how it is when you take on too much.

My current list of active rps has been scaled down. I’m trying to get back into the swing of things. So I will try to get out at least one reply to one rp a day, if not more. It’s funny how life changes on you so fast. This time last year I had so much time on my hands to rp. It was so important to me. Don’t get me wrong, it still is, but so much has changed, so much has happened, that now it’s just not as important. While that’s a good thing, it also brings me sadness. I miss rping like I did. I miss having that to do. What has replaced it though is priceless, and I love my life. As full and hectic as it is, I love it. I wouldn’t change it for anything. So I thank my partners for their continued patience and brilliance with our rps. With the group rp comes the chance to rp with BennyQ again, and I love it. He and I have worked together before in the past on a couple of rps. In a sense with this group rp, we are going back to where it all started. Our first rp was in PM titled Padded Cell. It was about a sadistic doctor dealing with a split personality patient. We had fun, and I am so happy for the chance to work with him again. This group rp also brings new talent to the table. I can say this for the group rpers. They continue to astound me with their work.

Well, I must be going as I’m sort of already getting ready for tonight. I still owe a couple of replies. I know I owe Alvis and Don one. I’m waiting on an answer from a PM from Silverknight before I work on one for him. Sirix I have not forgotten you as well. With that, I must be going now. Have a good day BMR.

I recently joined a group rp. The rp itself is great, and the people are talented writers. The problem is I don't feel lime I'm meshing well with the group. There are times I feel that way. Maybe this is just rambling at 5am. I still feel so insecure about my writing and who I am here at BMR. It's funny. I feel like I'm back in high school wanting to be one of the popular crowd but knowing I'll never have a shot at it.

I owe a couple of replies that should be easy to get out. The next two days are short days at work, and then I'm off for two days. So hopefully I can get some writing done. Now it's time to get back to sleep. Good night Bluemoon.

AndNich123 said:
I still feel so insecure about my writing

Silly person. Your writing is awesome. Don't sell yourself short like that.

(This, coming from the person who's also insecure about his own writing. >.> )

Thank you Sync. That means a lot. You certainly have nothing to worry about with your writing. You, like my other partners, are someone that I worry about my posts being good enough to stand next alongside yours’. Throughout our rp I have often thought that wasn’t the case. Your posts were far better than my own, but I kept going because I enjoy working with you, and I enjoy our rp. I feel that when a person becomes too confident in their writing, and they no longer worry about whether they are good, that’s when their writing can suffer. They become cocky, and that’s something I never want to be. So a little insecurity is okay I guess.

I’ve been reading Darkangel’s thread about Austism support. I suffer from anxiety, and I use the word, and stress the word, suffer. Most of the time I am fine. You wouldn’t have any idea if you met me unless something flips that switch in my mind. I have certain triggers that will set me off, and for the most part they can be avoided. While they can be avoided it, it also hinders my life. There are things most people do every single day, without problems, that I simply can’t do. For example, I can not ride an elevator going down. No way. I will hyperventilate and nearly pass out. I can ride one going up though. I’m nervous, but I can do it. Even that didn’t happen though until after I was out of high school. I know there is no way I will ever be able to fly in an airplane. Oh no. Roller coasters. I have done a couple. It’s just not something I can do. Heights. When I’m high up, and I walk out on a balcony, I can feel it down in my toes. Driving a car. I can’t do it. Well I can. I have before, but I’ve never had my license. Certain situations make me nervous. I also have panic attacks and anxiety attacks. The two are quite different to me. Anxiety attacks are something I can be dealing with ,and you would never know it. When I have one, I notice that my line of sight is messed up. If I’m looking at letters, it’s hard to make them out. As time passes the messed up part of my vision moves towards my peripheral vision. Eventually it’s gone altogether. Sometimes I have a headache after it’s gone. Panic attacks are the ones I can’t hide if they’re too bad. Once they start, I can sometimes control them, manage them, and pull it back. Just leave me alone, and sometimes I can calm down. Other times, no. Other times it’s like I go over a cliff, and there’s no stopping it. Once I was at work, and it was time for me to go. So I clocked out, and someone said something to me. I responded, and that was it. I fell over that cliff. I started to cry, and I sat down at a table and put my head down. I couldn’t stop crying. They actually called the guy I was seeing at the time and told him, “You gotta come up here and get Andy.” He said alright and started to put on his shoes. Before he even left the house they called him again and told him to come get me. They had no idea what was going on. When he got there, I couldn’t even sit up in the chair. I was still in tears. He’s one of the few people who can calm me down and help me through the attacks. When they start, my hands go numb, breathing increases, tears start, I get weak, and I can feel myself losing control. I can’t breathe. Sometimes I’ll hold my breath trying to get my breathing right. In my state of mind when I’m like that, I don’t think that holding my breath is only going to make it worse. When it starts slow, I can pull it back. Just go somewhere take deep breaths. Other times, like that day, it just goes too far too fast, and all I can do is ride it out. Like I said, I have my triggers, but other times just nothing at all will make me have one. Like that day at work. I had been worried about something all day, and all it took was someone saying something to me. I’ve had a panic attack after reading a reply from one of my old partners here on this site! Lol. The same guy who helped me that day at my old job was at my house when it happened. Lol. He told me to drop the rp. Drop the rp! I didn’t. Not a chance. For some reason, I actually loved it. I loved feeling that way because of a reply. He made me feel something so intense, so incredible, that I wanted more. That’s why I tell people if your reply can make me feel something, then it’s a good one. I want my partners to make me feel something. So if an rp is laced with sex, guess what they’re making me feel. Lol. If a rp is laced with violence, then they’re making me feel the same things that partner did. By the way, the partner who sent me into a panic attack was Adam Edwardson. Wow. We Meet Again was a strong rp. DeRe had my heart racing with our rp. I’ve had other people pick up the plot in hopes that someone that could make me feel that way again. DeRe is doing an excellent job. A plot like that one requires a strong writer. He doesn’t disappoint. Alvis and Reydan make my heart race but for a different reason. They also cause other reactions that I won’t go into here. I digress. When I post that I’m feeling blue, it’s because my insecurities are getting the better of me. I’m feeling not necessary to the site, to my partners, to rps, or to something else going on in rl. I guess we all suffer from things like that though. My grandmother never had license. My mom is taking two medications for her nerves. I don’t want to be like that. I don’t want to have to take pills to be okay. So I manage. My panic and anxiety attacks don’t happen everyday. They don’t even happen often. So I don’t want to see a doctor. I don’t want medication for them. As for the triggers that I know will set me off, I avoid them. They hinder my life, some more than others, but I manage. In rl, I try to put up this façade of being confident. I talk a big game, but it all hides the cracked truth. Now you know what’s really there.

You're a big girl, Andy we believe and love you very much! Don't stop being amazing and you'll know we'll miss you terribly if you left BMR :)

You are an amazing person. We all have our demons we need to fight and control, but some have tougher demons then others. You aren't letting hours control you and you are all the stronger for it. I'm glad tonknow you as much as I do.

Leaving bmr is something I did before, and I got to say I missed it. The people, the rps, they are a part of who I am. I don't plan on leaving it again. In fact, I'm working to make time for my rps. A person has to have some time for what they enjoy. This site, my partners, and rps are something I want to continue to enjoy.

BennyQ and Sirix. You two are two of the sweetest men I know. Really you are. I value our friendship more than our rps. I can't tell to u how excited I get just to get a message from you two.

Of course the same can be said for all my partners and friends here. All of you are so important to me. Thank you for all you do.

Okay. So it’s the weekend. So of course I’m going to work tonight. Lol. It’s okay. Tonight is a short shift for me.

As far as rps go, I know owe replies to Deruckus, DonVoltous, Sirix, LadyDark, and Tyr. Not too bad. My rps are going well. The group rp is going quite well in fact. If anyone can play a sadistic doctor, we need more. Lol. After my time away, I’m glad to be getting back into the swing of things again. I’ve missed rping. That being said, I want to also add that I’m not taking on any new rps as of right now. My plate is full. I am enjoying working with my old partners, and the new ones are a brilliant addition. I couldn’t ask for more. Well. I could. There are the ones that got away.

I’m off to work for the day. Have a good day BMR.

Back
Top Bottom