Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An amazing Adventure (silverknight and the creator)

The castle was very busy in preparing for the guests. Welcoming decorations were hung as well as special charms to war off evil. The kitchen was busy with several Turduckens and Roast Pig. There were foods of all types from strange looking purple beans and spaghetti squash to meat pies to various potato dishes to sweets of all kinds.

The Queen was not seen anywhere for she was hidden away deep in her chambers preparing for the meeting after the dinner. She knew that people would be more amiable if they are well fed. She needed to know many things and one of the things she needed was to know how loyal these people will be to her. She was considered a grey wizard for she knew of many black art magic subjects. She studied them because she felt that magic was a tool and can be used for good or evil. Also one must know one's enemy well to be able to defeat him. Or her if needs to be....... She could only see so far and it was not afr enough for her comfort. She needed to be able to see that person who is the head of the Falldragon Mountains. And if the leader is with the witches of Qirbeth or the dwarves of Barrowhill.

The castle was just ahead, as Edward had the ship head towards the castle, it was the location that they happened to be traveling to, it was the destination that he was requested to go to and advised to go to. He knew nothing about the queen, others on the ship knew far more then himself. He ordered his men having them prepare to dock with one of the small river docks. He and his men had managed to get to this landing spot without any real problems in a long time. He looked as the ship came to a stop, they would be here for a bit, before they perhaps returned to his own home, he wasn't sure. He knew that he would most likely be returning home before to long to handle things that had to be taken care of back home. He had to get his home ready if the rumors of these troubled days to come were real. He leaned against the railing as the ship was secure and tied up and everyone could head towards the castle.

All of the staff was ready and waiting for the guests. Queen Ganeida was sitting on her throne waiting on the guests. She was dressed in Royal Violet gown. It was trimmed in silver lace and she had her silver pendant watch.
Queen Ganeida was pondering several questions in her head. She was wishing that she had a smarter man by her side than those simpletons that she had. Sure they were good for the magic side of things but how good were they in a real battle? She had not battled before but she knew that a battle was coming up. All of the peaks into the future showed her that there was no other way out of it. Now she must make a few decisions that will affect the whole continent. This evil influence needed to be stopped. The one question was still there…….
Mystique dressed in her best gown and had brushed her hair until it glowed. She then braided it and left it fall down her back. She had her small tiara which she chose to wear as well as the pendant of her house. The pendant had the Circle of Life imprinted on it. It was solid silver. She went on top to see if they were near the docking area.

Bessie was dressing carefully but was having a bit of trouble with her dragon tugging on the dress. She swatted it a couple times as she complained that it was not being good. Finally, Bessie put Little Lady in her room so she could finish her dressing. She piled her hair on top of her head and then put a snood on it before heading to the mirror to check her appearance.

Sean pulled his ship into the dock easily last night so all that he needed to do was to dress as a captain should. He only wished that he could grow a decent beard but only the tip of his chin had beard hairs. He had to make do with the thin pointed beard. He had his brilliant blue suit on with a new hat. The one with a large dark blue plume. He placed a sword belt on and chose a decorative sword. It was sharp but it had braids and rather large plumes dangling on it which would make it difficult to fight for they would get in the way. He dashed on a spicy cologne on. It had the scents of frankincense and myrrh blended together. He left his ship which he had yet named for he wanted the name to be a secret until he figured out which he wanted. Also he wanted to see if it was definably sea worthy enough to be named.

Zadiccus was relaxed and soon ready for he always wore the same thing to court. His grey gown with the dark blue trim. It had runes of various types on it. He wished that this meeting was over for he knew his fate. And he was ready to face his fate.

All of them left about the same time for the castle.

This ship arrived and was docked, as Edward went with his bodyguard Marvin to meet the queen. The two had been mostly quiet in the days that came before, as they were both thinking a lot, Marvin getting over the fact his daughter was now a woman, and Edward just from training his own men. Skill they had came a long way to get there. Junior joined them as well as they approached the castle, the three knew they were the highest ranking officials other then Mystique, none of them were dressed up, which was most likely a mistake, but they had been busy and figured they would dress up for the formal introductions later on. Edward walked int he middle of the group, with the younger Junior on one side of himself, and the one eyed older Marvin on the other side of him as they walked to the castle, which was a simple walk till they waited to meet his queen, who was she and what type of woman did she happen to be. Xavier and Aeris were still on the sleep, both still sleeping that morning as they were tired, Aeris form taking care of her little firebird the day before, and Xavier for setting up a transport for Tomel to use to rejoin them and be at the meeting that was to happen as well.

Queen Ganeida waited until the appointed time then nodded. With Bessie standing to one side of her, the Queen nodded. The doors opened wide and the first guests arrived.
Princess Mystique was on Sean's arm and six of his minions trailed behind him. Zadicus walked behind them.
Princess Mystique gave the Queen a deep curtsy then stood off to one side while Sean bowed deeply and stepped off to one side.
Zadicus smiled and looked at Queen Ganeida. She matured beautifully over the years. He swooped off his hat and bowed deeply. He stood up and placed his hat back on his head with a wink that only Queen Ganeida could see before stepping aside.

Edward walked inside and took his chair finding the seat as he was glad to be here, after the long trip, Marvin stood behind him watching over Edward's shoulder his job was to protect the prince, and that was his job for that day as well. He stood there calmly as he looked on, the three eyed woman was a beautiful queen one that was most likely very wise as well as a match for her mind. He stood there thinking about the situation keeping an eye on various people around himself in silence as he stood there. "Well now, Queen, it is nice to finally meet you, I am Prince Edward, which I am sure you know already and it is a pleasure to meet you, the man behind me is my personal body guard, Marvin. The younger man to my right is a prince as well. Xavier is bringing over Tomel another magic master over and Aeris is to watch over the two of them as they come over shortly," he explained letting everyone know the situation as it were in the moment.

The Queen smiled as she knew all of this from Bessie. She spoke simply yet in an elegant voice.
"Bessie has told me a lot of each of you. Some bad, some good and all informative. Marvin looks quite familiar for some reason but of that we can speak of at a later time.
My servants have set a light meal in my conference room. There we shall speak of things more freely." she spoke then rose up, walked down her steps and towards a door off to one side. Her three advisors followed her then Bessie walked behind them in a quiet dignified manner. Princess Mystique followed with Sean behind her and Zadicus following.

Down the hall towards the inner area of the castle to a conference room. On the walls were many maps. Some were very outdated and none of them were new. The Queen went to the far end of the table and sat down. Her three advisors stood behind her. Princess Mystique sat across from Bessie who sat down next to the Queen and Sean next her.

Xavier and Tomel joined them as Aeris with with her, Xavier in his normal white robes which were simple but his nature in reality, where as Tomel was wearing the colorful orange and red robes of his kingdom, as he walked and sat next to Edward and then Xavier as well, Aeris who was wearing a uniform for once, that of a ninja, somewhat tight, but with many places to hide weapons and with her short swords hanging from the outfit as well as she stood behind the two mages, she looked over towards Sean and could tell that this meeting was important by the look on his face. Marvin stood behind Junior and Edward as he stood to protect them from any unknown threat, the group of six was there. Even Salime was there, watching over his ruler Tomel, in a fancy red outfit as he stood to watch over Tomel as his personal assistant and body guard as well, all the pieces were very much into place at that moment as the looked at the queen. "So, you have a nice home, but I think that you want to talk about something rather serious correct," Edward said taking up the voice for his side of things. "I am not some mage, and my kingdom isn't filled with mages actually we have none, but I figure we are assembled here for a reason."

Queen Ganeida smiled as she spoke slowly.
"Yes, there is a reason why I have sent for each of you. I am not into war or intercountry relationships due to various reasons. But I have invited you because I know of each of you, thanks to Bessie. I think that I know what your response is but I want to make sure that each of you know what is happening as far as I can see.

As you can see on the map which is being passed out to each of you, the countries of this area. What is beyond the mountain borders, I do not know. The countries are out lined in different colors. Each color has a meaning.
Each country has a number by its name.
The grey areas - 8) Asunia Of Warerith, Capital Crystalice, kitsune kingdom and 14) The Hidden Merpeople which is the only one not on the map- are not concerned with this discussion.

The red areas - 1) Uncle Simimar of Blackshadow, Capital Blackkeep, Human-The Creator
2) Kaeath of Greyway, Capital Wintersage, a human costal city
3) Amithrandel of Westerelf, Capital Dweinna, elven
10) Dwilimeth of Barrowhill, Capital Merrowmeadow , dwarfs
11) Qirabeth of Witchwyn, Capital Shadownesse, witch
All are under a alliance with someone who I have yet to find out but he or she seems to be ruling over 13) Falldragon Mountians Region.

I know for a fact that they are evil and up to no good what so ever.

I wish to make my own Alliance with you and those who I have yet to contact. Would you stand up against that Alliance which has yet to be named or will you stand with me against the evilness of those countries.

What say you?"

Tomel looked over at Junior who then looked at Edward as he nodded his head. Edward looked at the two pausing for a moment as he thought about the issues that she was bringing up. It was true, that an group of enemies allied together were going to be a big problem for them, that they would need to have a counter weight for the troubles ahead, and also they would need to work to expand their alliance when possible and prevent their foes from expanding as well. Edward paused for a moment. "Ganeida, you make a rather forward and solid point for me to think about and consider. My lands are already allied with both Junior's father's lands as well as Tomel's lands, and one other small kingdom to our north, I would be allied with the beautiful princess due to our future marriage if she were to regain her kingdom. With your alliance we would have enough strength to have at least a hope to counter these forces. I have no doubt of their nature, they have many other forces such as nationless pirates and bandits who they are allied with too."

"Yes, I agree with King Edward, he is the leader of our alliance, as his father was before him," Tomel commented with a nod, "plus I owe him for helping save my own lands."

"My father would agree as well, he wouldn't want to miss a good fight at it were," Junior commented.

"As King Edward spoke, we have plans of marriage and joining of lands after we have defeated our common enemy. But what about 8) Asunia Of Warerith, Capital Crystalice, kitsune kingdom? What would they do if they were attacked? Do they even have any defenses?

People of 5) Nundel of Delllea, Starrysea, Elven are warrior Elves and would love a good war provided they win. That in itself makes them unpredictable. I do not know who even is the head of Starrysea. Does anyone else know?" Mystique asked.

"I do not. My mirror did not show that king. I was hoping that you would know. Any information on who is running Falldragon Mountians Region? All that I could see was a cloaked figure." the Queen spoke in a grave tone.

"There is a reason, but I do know the Queen of that land, dark elves, they like to keep alone for the rest of the world, I did work for her when I was a wee lad," Marvin commented behind her, "she was a proud woman, very confident and hated the outside world, which is why you most likely couldn't reach her at all," he mused as he looked at the queen. "I was an exception, but that story behind that happens to be rather long and well um.. not that important at the moment," he added in as he looked at the Queen before shrugging his shoulder, "she was the one who gave me this ancient sword as thanks for some actions I had done at one point, but we left on not so good of terms."

"The Demons of the mountains, nope other then the rumors of them being a race of demons or fallen angels and other such wild things, I have no clue about them, just those rumors," Tomel commented calmly as he sat there. "Now, they are a danger by themselves, from rumor, but they always kept hidden behind a great wall and a magical wall as well, something that we thought kept them out but maybe also kept them in."

"I do not go by rumors alone so I thought that maybe someone would have a clue as to who or at least what kind of people we are dealing with.
A Queen of Elves not a king. That is why the waters never did show anything of a king. It needs to have specific things to look for and it was the last one on my list........." Queen Ganeida paused for a moment.
"Marvin, do you have any idea which way she would lean to? How strong she is? Or other information that we might need to know?

Tomel, what do you know of the two magic walls? Who put the walls up? Who controls the magic of the magic wall? It would need to be refreshed or repaired over time." she asked thoughtfully as the scribe's quill wrote down furiously the minutes of the meeting.

"The sheild seems to be up all the time, it is thick, and hides what is on the other side, there is some type of illusion that hides what is on the other side, which is why there are so many rumors about what the possibilities of what the thing on the other side might happen to be," Tomel replied honestly as he sat in his nice comfy chair, he remembered trying to find out once himself, but there was no way, the magic was very impressive and whoever ruled that land was very much skilled as well. He looked over at Marvin and blinked and sighed, that queen huh, yeah, he knew the stories of her himself too.

"Well, she is not going to join them, she isn't a idiot, and she is a good person ultimately, a very good woman. Yet, at the same time, her family and her people matter protecting that is all she cares about, she will wish to remain out of any fight to keep any fight from going to her lands. That said she would want to support us if she had to pick a side," he replied as he looked over at the queen. "Now, her people are trained intensely and are strong and smart and great at fighting too, especially ambushes. She is a master of the spear, the bow, she has anti-magic armor which disrupts magic attacks on her, so the most powerful woman I have ever known. I learned many things from her in my time there, but I would make the worst ambassador to that land ever."

Queen nodded as she listened. She would not make any choices until she had thought out any and all options.

“An ambassador is an excellent option, Marvin. But who would be a good ambassador? I need someone strong in magic and quick witted. One who will not lose his temper- I will not send Princess Mystique for my own reasons and suspicions.
If I had my way, you would be the ambassador, Marvin. As for the rest of you, Princess Mystique, Lady Bessie and …… I am not sure what title you hold Sean but you three will not do. I need either an ambassador or a spy, preferably both. I’ll tell you why.
In my bowl of waters I can see a dark shadow behind her which bears no good at all. Of course this could mean various things so I need concrete facts.
Tomel, you would be my next choice. Could you go in there and gather information either as a goodwill ambassador/spy? What can you offer me?” The Queen spoke softly for she knew that begging would have no bearing nor would commanding him to go in there. She needed the facts of a few suspicions that she had.

"You need to get out into the world more, Queen, you rely to much upon your bowl. The shadow over that kingdom is not behind the queen but inside the queen. Inside her heart, and she needs support and comfort not some damn spy sneaking around. Your just to dark for my taste, but then again that is your type of magic," Xavier said as he stood up and looked at the men who happened to be sitting there, and then looked at the two. "Now, Tomel would make a horrible choice, he is a elf and as a elf, his people and those of the dark elves had a long history of conflict before any of us were around. No, the person much be someone she knows, which means that there are only two people here who can go," he commented as he looked over at Marvin. "Now, either you go and handle her, or I will go and handle the situation," Xavier said looking at his long time friend. "We both know the Queen well, I was her teacher in the arts of magic, Marvin was her teacher in the arts of martial skills, that should alone tell you how strong she is," he said looking over at the Queen.

"Yes, I will go, I know it is what I must do, Xavier, you can use that portal of yours to send me over right," the one eyed samurai asked as he looked at him. He caught the tome and nodded his head before taking his leave from the table and the room.

"Good Luck, enjoy yourself, and remember the heart can recover and sometimes it needs to recover to move forward," Xavier said wisely as he watched his friend leave. "Now that is taken care of, it will work out, the darkness within is a old issue caused by a time long ago when those two broke each other's hearts. Marvin doesn't know this, but there is a bit of him in that kingdom. You were not off on their being a king in the future, he is just a child now, a half dark elf, half human child. Most likely why he was so hard on you, Sir Sean, I bet you reminded him a lot of himself in his days of youth, and just like your, your lover lied her head off to you too. It takes elves far longer to show or even have signs of being with child. Well that is not true, I am sure Aeris, you didn't know that fact and thus didn't think you were with child, you haven't been around elves long enough to properly tell if you are or are not and would of expected to measure it against how long it takes humans to find out such things."

Xavier looked over at Junior, "Junior return home, tell your family of the situation, so they can gather and prepare their forces and their allies, and then send one of your siblings to inform Edward's people about the situation. After that is done you can return to if you wish." Xavier commented tossing another tome to the prince.

"Salime, if Tomel doesn't disagree, return home and scout out the old ruins, That was where the last great war ended after all, best to look for clues on what we are dealing with there. Also gather up any the tribes united them for Tomel they will understand the call to arms, and combined your people will make a great addition. Edward, I have a mission for you too. Head to the port city you found me in, and inform them of the situation, they are not controlled by any kingdom but we need that spot for the supply of our forces both north and south. Talk them into a deal you can do this. Aeris, I would say take it easy, but go with Salime, only you can handle this situation, your mother would be queen of the lands if she was alive, so you sadly must take her place and you are the only one who the people can unify under. Go with Salime and rest, let him handle the hard work, he is a impressive mage after all."

Queen Ganeida raised a hand to still her Wise Men. She knew that what Xavier said was true but he did not know the reason behind her hiding. If she needed to, she tell Xavier why but not unless she was pressed into it.
She quietly listened to what Xavier had to say. He was certainly a man of knowledge and has those tomes. Surprise of surprises! This has been very enlightening indeed.

Sean’s face went dark and growled out in an angry voice.
“You told me a few things that night Xavier. One you have delivered a lot of elven babies. Two Aeris isn't with child because there was no influx of magic. Three you asked me two questions which I answered honestly- A- am I attracted to her, and only want the Aeris because she has a beautiful body to which I answered you with this answer: I do admire her body but I also enjoy her company. I think that I am in love with her as a person but I am not sure.” Sean paused a minute as his fists clenched
“B- you asked me this. In my ideal dream, what would I have Aeris do, how would I have her react to my wants and needs, and worries. Would I want to have her be that housewife and mother who stays home with you and raises your child, living her life out as a traditional woman and whether or not I thought that Aeris fits this type of role in the least, that her dream of the future would align with my dream for our future. That she would want to give up her life of adventure and travel for a settled down life?
Do you remember my reply? I had to admit something that I did not even think of at the time. “ Sean had walked up to Xavier slowly without even noticing that he had moved in his anger.
If I marry her, I am afraid that we will have many fights. I have a completely different dream than what she does. I would love her to be the mother of my children and my wife but since her dreams are different than mine, I would not want to make her stay home and just take care of the children.
I want to have a wife that has the same dream as I do. One who will listen to my worries, my fears, and will come to me with her worries. I would share all that I have, the good and the bad and expect that she would do the same. And not make each other feel belittled. A marriage has its ups and downs, and many compromises must be made.

I also said that I think that it would be the best thing to make a clean break. I will find a place that is out of the way and not talk to anyone. I will leave when we get to the next port. Where I live does not matter.
To which you replied ‘Yes, I agree, you don't belong on this trip nor have you ever belonged on this trip. You are here because you felt you had no choice and didn't come cause you wanted to be here on this adventure, one should never have sex when you don't know if you like a person as a person. Aeris is still a girl, only 18, she isn't grown up yet, and honestly neither are you, you have a lot of growing up to do, and I am sure it won't be here. You and Aeris don't share the same dream or anything close to it. You didn't force yourself on her, but you did take advantage of her nativity and the fact she thought you were completely in love with your whole person. There isn't that much difference from that and what happened to your sister. Heck you were going to marry her tomorrow, but can't say that you are in love with her sure, but only for sure in lust, that is pretty bad, one of those things that create bad karma. There is a lighthouse, take the lifeboat and leave, you are not needed here anymore nor wanted. Go find your simple life. Here is plenty of pieces of silver take it and go start this life you are dreaming of.

Do you remember any of this, Xavier? I lost most of my life on that night.” Sean finished as he scowled at Xavier.

Princess Mystique had stood up with her face showing obvious disbelief then anger.
“Is all of this true, Xavier? All of what Sean has said…. IS IT TRUE?!” she demanded with force.
"AND IS AERIS PREGNANT OR NOT? Xavier tell the absolute truth."

Bessie was in shock and suddenly in a burst of tears, she ran out of the room.

Xavier nodded his head as he listened, he could feel the sheer anger coming from the man who was standing in front of himself. He looked at him dead in the eye, the priest, and white mage calmly looking at the man who was having a big fit in his own opinion in that moment. He thought about saying something to him as he looked right at him, letting him unleashing his anger and his frustrations in that moment. He figured that it was his right to say what was on his mind and let his words be known to everyone. "Yes, those were my words, each and every single one of them were my words, you answered your own questions. I was only reflecting your own words back at you. To marry a woman cause she is with your child and you do not have feelings for her and are unsure even if you like her is idiotic and stupid. Such a child grows up in a home without love and such a child had little hope for its future. Honestly, she is a special case, cause of your special nature, which I didn't know about at the moment. I thought she wasn't with child, it wasn't until much later I figured out my first assessment was wrong."

"Sean, sit the hell down," Aeris said looking at him standing up herself, "Even with child, I wouldn't of wanted to stay home, I wasn't going to be your perfect little home maker that you wanted from a woman. I am not what you want. I would rather raise my child alone then have to deal with such a situation. A husband who is only with me cause he feels that he must because he must. No, when I have a child, I will still go on my adventures, and I will not become the simple idle woman that you want me to be. I was only a foolish girl at that moment, I can see that now, and if simple words can drive you off, your not the quality of man that I need in my life. If I had known, I would of told him to lie, I wouldn't want you to stay only cause I was with child. I still don't want a simple life," she commented as she looked at him. "When I needed you most, you didn't show up," she said turning away from Sean letting Junior protect her as she left.

“B..b…but I am going to make a compromise!......Sean spoke as quickly as he could to the Aeris’ back. He began to collapse inside but he had to hold his pride up. He walked over to Aeris.
“Please listen to me. I am not the same as I once was. I have learned many things about me and why I am how I am. Please listen to me and let tell you what I have learned. Besides that a child really needs both parents but only if both parents can live together in a civilized and loving way. I have much to explain to you.” Sean pleaded in a warm masculine voice.

This was too much for Mystique and she knew that if she yelled back at Xavier and Aeris, it would escalate the problems. Which is what she wanted to do at the moment.

“Edward, is there something that you can do to smooth things over. I am a bit too emotionally involved in several ways. And Aeris is your subject. If not, then I am leaving for a time.” Mystique spoke softly as she looked at Aeris’s back and Sean following her. Junior could be seen as an adversary.

The Queen of course could have stopped them but she wanted to see what these people could do when faced with stress and with conflicts between each other. It was very enlightening to her. Of course, she had her options since they are in her country. In fact, she beckoned for one of her Advisors to come forward.
“Close the castle doors and man them. No harming them.” She spoke in a low voice that was not meant just for her Advisor.
Queen Ganeida then beckoned for her staff of authority before she stood up. It was a magical staff that controls her magical barriers. She rapped five times with her left hand in slow motion, a full second between each rap. She knew that all magical barriers from all sides of her castle including under and over the castle would soon be sealed together. She counted slowly and accurately. Then placed the staff in her right hand and tapped her staff gently five times before she sat down with her staff in her right hand.

"Let them handle their own situation, they will need to make up things if they are to get anywhere," Edward said quietly as he looked at Mystique as he looked at her whispering into her ear. "I am not going to make Aeris do anything, she has the right to have her own feelings. "Xavier, could you please set up the portals, the youngsters have much to handle by themselves away from the rest of us, it isn't our job to worry about a lover's fight," he commented as he looked at the group for a moment his voice stern as he made his point to the group of people. He was doing what Mystique wanted, but in his own sort of way, without being direct about it.

"Sean, let us go talk, I am sure there is a place where not everyone will over hear us," she said softly taking his hand and walking out of the room, giving a man a look that got him out of the way. Walking down the hallway finding a empty room away from everyone else that happened to be in the room. This was something that they needed to handle by themselves without the dealings of others who happened to be in the room.

"So, why the barriers," Tomel asked calmly as he looked over at the queen, "is it to keep people inside the castle, or to keep someone out of the castle," he commented curious as he looked over at Salime who nodded his head as he looked at the woman before her, the fancy man had picked up the barrier, being a genius of magic and all things skilled. The stylish elf was a natural and had been Tomel's right hand man for a long time because of his natural skills with magic. "Well, is there something you are keeping secret from us perhaps," Tomel also asked.

“I do not want to jeopardize the meeting. We need them as much as they need to get together again. I just wished that the subject of pregnancy did not come up. “Mystique whispered back.
“Bessie is upset and I am upset. I am not sure of anything outside of who is behind this havoc. I wouldn’t put it pass him to put some kind of irritation in both of them. All I want is for this meeting be done and over with. They could have waited to squabble on their own time.”

“This looks like a good enough spot and I’ll put up a shield to make sure that none will listen in to our talk.” Sean spoke as he followed Aeris inside.
He looked about the room and put out a few feelers for any stray magic around. When he was satisfied, he stood close to Aeris and weaved a triple layer shield. Once it the shield was tightened, he turned to Aeris.
“Who will go first? I’ll leave that decision to you.” Sean spoke with a bit of hidden anger yet he was ready to listen to what Aeris had to say. But he would fight for what he wanted and he was very determined to win her back.

The Queen smiled softly as she applauded the lifting. There was no need to speak of the uplifting of her barriers.
“It is to keep people from getting hurt and from leaving before the meeting is over. I have no intent of keeping any of you here any longer than necessary. I have been solitary witch for as long as I can remember. Even as a young child, I did not make friends easily. I have no need of many friends, just allies. Good, strong allies that are loyal to the same cause as I have.

I have many secrets and I am sure that you could find them if you wish to but I prefer that you leave my own secrets be, if you don’t mind.” The Queen spoke with a cool tone. She looked at the remaining people.
Eight people were here in the room. Five are present and three had left. The Queen looked at those who remained.
Tomel, Salime and Edward have known each other a great many years. She also knew that Tomel was excellent at making tomes, Salime was way above excellent kind of a wizard. She did not know what he excelled in but lifting a triple weave shield is not exactly easy unless the one who was lifting the shield of another wizard’s weave , understood and had seen such a weave. Perhaps she has been in seclusion way too long. She needed to update her magical abilities.

Zadicus was a renown old fuddy duddy wizard. He isn’t much to look at and she was sure that he was on his last legs for he had that faraway look in his eyes that Elder Wizards had before they left the world. He wasn’t even paying attention to what was going on even.
Mystique was a mystery person. She was not strong emotionally but she had learned her lessons well enough. The Queen saw Tomel’s hand in her release of magic and training. She was in love with Edward but yet she could pull away from him if the situation was not as she expected. At the moment, she was a bit stressed out over her lessons, as well as Sean’s and Aeris’ dispute. Mystique had a core that was still hidden from everyone… perhaps even from herself.

Aeris looked at him and took a deep breath, "I am sorry, I didn't know I was with child either at that moment, it was something that I found out was happening later, and I was the one who told Xavier, he didn't think I was even then honestly," she commented as she looked at him. "I should of told you earlier in town, I just lacked the courage to do that in that moment, and for that I am really sorry about it," she said softly as she walked over to the table and sat down quietly looking over at him. "It appears that this type of thing in this situation takes a long time to happen, like it will take almost a year and a half and another half year before I even show signs of being with child even, apparently from what I read, it is cause well your such a unique magic user.

"I have been working on spells to counter act the magical wall, but that even wasn't enough to handle that situation. That should tell you how strong this magic wall that protects the unknown land happens to be Queenie," Salime commented as he looked over at her, "what is your idea of a plan, I am not anyone important, but I am sure if you were to gather everyone here, that you have a plan for the future and that we are at least in part of that plan as well. I can see you have no advisers with you and no King for you land, I figure the secrets run deep, and are not our business, so I won't ask you anything about yourself. I just want to be able to protect people I am here to protect and make sure to do my job as best as is possible," he explained. "You are getting a measure of us correct, trying to break down us, but if we don't know who we are making a deal with trust can't be build from what I know. I am most likely wrong, but an effective alliance is one where everyone is on the same level if that makes sense."

“Aeris, I understand that part. I had hoped to talk with you then but I guess everyone was eager to see everyone else. It is not something that I would not have talked about with a lot of people around.
I have heard that females can get pregnant on the first time but I never actually believe it. Nor did I ever think that I could be a father. Zadiccus cuffed me a good one when I told him that. I figure that it would take time to have good sperm as well. I was wrong about that too.” Sean pulled up a chair and sat own on it backwards. He looked at her for a minute before he spoke again.
“Let’s forget about the baby for a moment and speak of us. Where do we go, how will we patch up our disagreement. But I will warn you that while I am better at conversation, I am not the best. I do still say things the wrong way on an occasion. I will try to do my best speak as clearly as I can. Just please don’t walk out on me until we have completely talked this mess out.” Sean spoke calmly as he could. He had heard from her own lips that she was pregnant and he wanted to talk about that more than anything. But he needed to fix the argument part first. Always first things, first.

“What you say is very true, Salime. I am trying to see if I want to be in an Alliance with people that I do not know.
Princess Mystique, please sit down and rest. You have been under some unseen stress. You need to let some things happen naturally sometimes.
Bessie already knows what I have to say so she will not be surprised at what I say but she will miss what everyone else has to say.
Sean and Aeris have their problems and will not be able to concentrate on this meeting. They need to get whatever it is taken care of so that they can be of use to the Alliance that I wish to build.
I think that I will speak of myself and of my kingdom first. Then perhaps you might understand my reasons for not trusting anyone.
My Kingdom is literally dying. No children have been born here for the last 75 years. We have brought outsiders in and they married my people yet there still is no infants born in this country. Several couples have left the country by my permission and they were able to conceive, bear and raise children. I cannot find the culprit of this deed. Even the King left and was able to impregnate some female. This is my problem.
I have many secrets to pass onto someone but I have no young people left. My three advisors and 250 people are all that are left. I lost 7 last night due to old age. Actually, everyone here is 75 or older. Myself, I am the eldest and soon will no longer will be able to rule. My advisors are in their 90s. My magic is not as good as it once was.
I can’t give much to the Alliance but my insights and my secrets. So I need some young person who will take care of my secrets after I am gone. And speaking of my leaving this world……. My kingdom and I are linked together as one. If I die, my kingdom and all will die with me. Plus vice versa.
Any comments on what I have said so far?” The Queen spoke softly.

"That is fine, I will not walk out on you promise," she commented as she sat down and looked over at him taking a deep breath. You have always been a good person, Sean, just haven't reached your full potential yet, is well um all," she said looking over at him kindly for a moment as she paused for a moment or two. "I liked your idea, the compromise a lot honestly. I think we should spend more time together, I think we are to work things out right, then we well, um need to spend more time around each other. I know your not the best at saying things, as I do have a temper which isn't the best in the world either, neither of us are perfect. It isn't a disagreement we are having, it was just a moment of my temper flaring up honestly. It is why I said I was sorry, cause I lost my temper in the room."

"So your dying, you need someone to pass on your information to and before you pass away, that does seem rather straight forward honestly. The trick is finding the right person for your teachings, and I have a feeling that you already know who that person is and who you wish to be your student, if I am not mistaken," Salime, said knowing at woman of her smarts wouldn't say anything that was like this if she didn't have a plan in her mind already and one that was ready to give out. "I have to think there is some connection to this, that this danger comes when two of the three great wizards of the land are need the end of their run on this planet, I am sure whoever is on the other side of that damn wall knows this fact ever so well too, and isn't afraid to use the fact to their advantage. "Is there any magic that could reverse your aging, I am sure there isn't any you know, but any that can be learned from someone else to give your people a second chance. Either way, in a war a kingdom that is empty will not really be an aid to us, no offense my lady. Also protecting a doom land would only pull our forces away from our homes versus setting up a defense in the connected borderlands given that the alliance that is in place already is between neighbors."

“I forgive you, Aeris. I am not at my full potential but I have accepted who I am- a wizard- and I have set my eyes on the future more now than before. I will be forever learning and discovering more information.
Also, I do admire your fantastic body but I have found out that I am jealous if another man looks at you in such a way that it seems to me that he wants you. I am also possessive of you. I want you to myself. This I must change and I am sorry that I am so possessive of you. That is my main faults concerning you. I do love you and always will. I am only half of a man without you……… Uhhhh that really didn’t sound quite right. You are all female…….” Sean began to stutter a bit as if her regressed back to his childhood days. He put his head in his hands in embarrassment.

The Queen sighed wearily.
“Most of my people want to die. That is one obstacle. There is a secret book that does contain that potion. But it is locked away in a vault that I can not open. I am not a male. I need a male to open it. There is one big disadvantage of opening the vault.” She leans forward and speaks quietly.
“The male who opens that vault door will become the Supreme Ruler of this Land. The last male who held the Supreme Ruler of Dellgate was tricked by his wife to give up his Reign for a day.
You see, whoever holds the title, can keep the title as long as he or she wants the title. Once that Queen was given the title, she made laws that no male can inherit the title until a King holds the title. The King laughed but he was thrown in jail for laughing at the supreme ruler. He was jailed. He figured that in a few days, his wife would ask for him to take the title back. Days blended into weeks then into months and years. On his death bed, he used the last of his energy to curse her and the female generations. He used an ancient language that none knew. Each generation of females grew smaller until now, no female in this kingdom can bear a child or even become pregnant.
I have studied and I feel that if a male wizard takes the title, my country will survive but I won’t be able to. I would like to find the one who would be willing to take the title. It must be given freely and taken freely. I am willing to freely give my title to a male wizard that is willing to accept it.” The queen looked at the group.

Back
Top Bottom