Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fixers (Beautiful_Disgrace and I)

"I've never had pizza. Is it good?" Rayna asked. All the stuff Luce mentioned sounded like she would enjoy it though. Aernir just looked at her as if she was crazy.

"Uhh, yeah....well most of the time it is. Double mushroom Alfredo sauce pizza isn't really one of those times. Wizard, get us a real pizza. A New York style pizza with lots of meat on it."

"We can get four pizzas, you know," Wizard sighed. "It's not like we're that broke."

"Good, because Aernir seems to hate everything that isn't meat flavored," Luce sighed. "For an asian guy, you sure do eat pretty boring shit, you know that?"

Rayna laughed pretty hard at Luce's joke, and it didn't sound fake either. She seemed to really enjoy it. So the girl found racial stereotypes funny? Fucked up sense of humor.

"Whatever...just make sure I have something to eat other than mushroom Alfredo pizza, Wizard. I'm going to take a shower. I'm covered in Rayna's blood and a bunch of other peoples..." He disappeared into the bathroom, needing a break from the females around in this damn apartment.

"Wait, what?" Wizard said. That traitor. He was stuck with them for now?! Ugh.

"...You really don't hear a lot of jokes, do you?" Luce sighed, shaking her head. What a fucking weird girl...

"Oh I hear lots of jokes," Rayna began as tried to stop laughing. "Yours was funny but..well I heard something funnier and..Haha...you wouldn't understand, and Aernir told me not to talk about certain things so...sorry. It's a secret."

The female spirit that hung around Aernir was pretty funny. It was too bad she was trapped here because of him. She wished she could help.

"...Okay," Luce said, brow arched faintly. "...you talking about that creepy voodoo shit you do?"

"Ugh, let's not bring that up, please?" Wizard grumbled. "I just want pizza, without complications."

"I don't do it. It just is. But I won't talk about it. It seems to be ruining Wizard's appetite. Thank you for ordering and paying, by the way." Rayna gave him a very polite smile. She would keep true to Aernir's word and not talk about things like that unless she had to.

"Yeah yeah...you two are getting it anyway, they don't deliver down here." Wizard mumbled, ordering the pizza online.

"Tch," Luce groused. "Fucking men, so lazy...whatever." he muttered. Either Wizard was a better judge of people than Luce thought, or Luce was acting that much different around Rayna.

"Why can't you come, Wizard? I love being around Aernir and Luce, but I haven't been near you long enough to judge whether or not you are a good person for me to be friends with. Please, could you come?" Puppy dog eyes again. Rayna must have been used to flashing them around her parents. "I would love to get to know a little about you. Please?"

"...Er," Wizard rubbed his neck a moment. "I don't...do outside very well," he admitted. "We can talk when you get back, okay?" God dammit, those eyes were vicious. Lethal weapons in their own right.

"He doesn't do well with pretty faces either," Luce said dryly. "Don't get a boner, you creep."

Rayna frowned and looked away, biting her lip. Though when she heard Luce's explanation, she cheered up a bit. "Oh..I just thought maybe he didn't like me." She said to Luce as she rubbed her bandaged arm a little. She then turned back to Wizard and smiled again. "I guess when we get back then, we can talk about why you don't like going outside..I am curious."

"...I'm sure you are, but you won't find out," Wizard mumbled, "Rule one of Fixers: We don't talk about the past, alright?" He'd give the girl credit for being persistent, though.

"What if I shared something about my past? Something not even my parents know? Would that make you want to share? You're the only one I don't know about...I'm curious." Wizard didn't seem to have a ghost of the past following him like Aernir and Luce. But he did seem the most normal.

"...Tell you what," Wizard sighed a little. "Get the pizzas and I suppose we could...talk." he mumbled. "But I'm not going out, there's people out there." Luce had a feeling that Rayna's inquiries were going to sink into all of them, and she didn't quite know how she felt about that...hopefully, she took what Luce said to heart.

"Yeah yeah," Luce grumbled, checking her Walther P-49 before holstering it. Never go anywhere with a gun, but in Rayna's case...she supposed magic would serve well enough. "Come on, Rayna. Wizard gets grumpy when he doesn't get fed."

Rayna followed Luce like a puppy dog. She didn't even really seem to care that her clothes were blood spattered from earlier. She just felt like...well she was just glad that Luce was okay with her. Even if she didn't like her...Rayna could deal with that. Because Luce was her new role model, and she knew she could learn a lot from her.

Luce glanced at Rayna walking next to her, hands in her pockets as they headed down the stairs. "...Alright, out with it." Luce sighed. "You look like you have a million questions, Rayna. Might as well get it out of your system." She hoped that wasn't as much of a death sentence of her ears as she was hoping.

Rayna did have a million questions, but the first one seemed to be delayed on her tongue. There were certain points she couldn't go passed...but the problem was she wasn't sure what. So she thought she would ask something innocent enough. "Can you teach me to fire a gun?"

"Couldn't hurt," Rayna asked idly, hands in her pockets with a faint narrowing of her eyes. "...But that's not what you want to know, is it?" she muttered. "You're not very good at hiding, we need to fix that, too."

"I'm sorry, I did not mean to hide anything from you. I just feel like if I ask the wrong question, you will get angry with me. Still...what are Wizard and Aernir like when I am not around? They sound like they're afraid of you, but I don't know what else to think about them." She told her as they got into the car. "I still want to join you guys, but they don't seem to think it's okay. I want to show them otherwise..."

"Because they are afraid of me," Luce said easily, slipping into the drivers seat. "I just tried to hack your arm off, Rayna...why wouldn't they be afraid of someone who did that on a drop of a few words?" she shrugged. "I'm used to it, it's fine." You didn't make friends when you acted like that, but she knew that. It was just one of those things.

"But it wasn't your fault that you went off like that. It was mine. I know you won't hurt me if I don't say anything to hurt you. I know better now." Rayna gave her a smile and then put on her seatbelt. Or attempted to. It was stuck. "So they are both cowardly? Is that what they are like? Even though Aernir fights with close range weapons and no guns, he is still like Wizard, a man who won't go outside?"

"People are not so easily...figured out, Rayna," she said, leaning over to help her clip it into place. Like a goddamn kid, filled with so much excitement and eagerness for the world. Reminded Luce of herself...in another life, another time...another body.

"There are things people are afraid of, and it's smarter to avoid it then face it head on, sometimes." she said. "...But I suppose if you put it that way, I won't hurt you," she mumbled, pulling out onto the road. "Not everyone sees it so easy."

"Have they hurt you before, Luce? Is that why they are afraid of you? I just don't understand why someone would be friends with someone they think will hurt them is all." Rayna said as she looked out the window. She had never been on this side of town before.

"...No, they haven't hurt me," Luce murmured. "They wouldn't be alive if they had." It wasn't a pretty side of town, or really...it was just everywhere that wasn't the rich part. Which was probably most of Seaboard City. "Sometimes people are just frightening...just like you are."

Rayna looked at Luce for a moment before looking away. "Because I can see spirits?" She asked softly as she played with the bandage on her arm.

Back
Top Bottom