Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

History Always Finds A Way To Repeat [AU Persona 4 RP] (Yuna & Malin's 1x1)

LadyYunaFFX2

Pulsar

Beep! Beep! Beep!

The young figure of fifteen year old Nanako Dojima slowly tossed in her bed. "Five more?" she inquired weakly, pulling her pillow over her head to muffle the sounds of her alarm clock going off.

As if to answer her question, the annoying noise ceased, only to be replaced by her father, Dojima, gently shaking her by her shoulders.

"Wake up, Nanako. Did you forget what day it is?"

"... No. Five more, please?"

Ryotaro's head couldn't help but tilt slightly. Usually, his daughter was good with keeping a rather regular sleep - any kind really - of schedule. But with how she was speaking, she either hadn't gotten enough rest or she was just really anxious.

"Two," he compromised, standing up straight as he began to leave Nanako's room. "Naoto will be heading over to pick you up."

"... Huh?!" That definitely made Nanako sit up. "But ... dad! I'm fifteen now! Are you serious?!"

Hearing his daughter's retort didn't make him stop. However, as he turned past the corner of her room, Nanako would see there was no hints on his face or in his eyes that he was kidding.

"Wait ... why?!"

"Just ... a precaution."

"But I'm fifteen!" she repeated, as if trying to cancel the seemingly already decided negotiation.

"Nanako, please. This is nothing against you, really. This ... is just because I care about you. It's my job as a father to you."

A defeated sigh was heard from Nanako's room.

At least it's Naoto-onee I suppose .. she mused. Not to say she wasn't annoyed; oh no. She still was. But it wasn't Naoto's fault, at least she doubted it.

Over the years, Nanako had gotten close to everyone from the investigation team who still lived in Inaba. There were definitely times she missed Yu; but the company of everyone else more than made up for it.

The realization that she would finally get to be with the others more often, in fact, made her smile and temporarily forget her irritation with her father. In a matter of moments, she walked out, clad in her new uniform.

The sight made Ryotaro smile. "It suits you. You look great." His head nodded towards the table where a simple enough meal of scrambled eggs and toast were laid out for her.

No more than a few minutes had passed before a knock was heard on the Dojima's household door.

Meanwhile, Chie had woken up full of energy. She was now eighteen and finally, this year would be the one which would allow her and everyone to graduate. Well, everyone except Yu - who was no longer living in Inaba - and Nanako who was three years younger than the rest of the investigation team.

But that didn't bother her. It wasn't like they couldn't visit or help her out with assignments if she needed assistance. Though honestly, Chie doubted it. Nanako had grown up to be quite the smart, young woman, much like herself and - well - everyone else in their own forms and fashions.

Her mind then went to her closest male friend, Yosuke, and realized just how true it was in his case. Sometimes, it felt like out of everyone, he had grown up the most. She knew his death of Saki had been difficult, if for no other reason because of his feelings he used to have for her.

But two years later, he was doing much better with the grieving process. As far as Chie could tell, it was completely done with or mostly; but enough that it wasn't making him down in the dumps every day of his life.

"Heh, fifty yen says we'll be in the same homeroom again," she mused to herself, finishing getting dressed in her own outfit before darting out of her front door and running towards the local high school, eager and happy to be back in school again.

Summer could be fun at times; others it could be boring. The past several weeks had fallen under the latter and now more than ever, she was happy to be back once again, more so near all of her friends.

"Youske!" This was the third time Teddie had to practically kick Youske out of the bed, and it was rather annoying. The two had been sharing a smaller apartment ever since Youske moved out of their parents house. The home wasn't exactly what either of them would consider glamorous, and currently had litter, as well clothing on the ground. All in all it looked like a home that two single 18 year old males would share.

"Get your grizzly but out of bed already! Your gonna be late for school!"

Youske shifted on the tatami mattress. and let out a small grown before cracking one eye, only to recoil in horror and shock. "How many times do I have to tell you not to wear that thing in the house!"

Teddie was currently dressed in his work outfit as the full time mascot of Junes it was his responsibility to wear it to work. It also happened to be a lot more then a costume because it was a part of Teddie's original body, though how that actually worked completely went over Youske's head. "Because work for me starts in like twenty minutes. Your gonna make me em-bear-rassingly late!" He said before hurring off out towards the door.

"Another day another adventure." Youske muttered his mind passing over the past three years, slowly catching up to what the date was today. Looking at his clock he couldn't help but feel that he was going to be late for something. "Oh!"

Youske bolted out of bed after stripping quickly and hopping into the shower. Today was Nanako's first day at Inaba highschool, and the start of his and the rest of the investigation team (minus kanji who was a year behind them, and Yu's last year of highschool!) This was it, the year that would set everyones future into stone.

Getting out of the shower he felt refreshed as he dried himself and brushed his teeth at the same time looking at the mirror, wondering if he should call anyone. His mind wondering to Chie. Over the last 3 years they had grown rather close to one another. He decided against it, after all they were bound to have the same home room so it wasn't like they would miss each other for very long.

Slipping into a fresh school uniform he tossed his dirty stuff into another pile along the floor he slipped on his shoes stepping outside he looked at the sky and frowned. It was supposed to rain in the evening. While it was true that the Inaba area often had rain for long periods of time, and thick fog was no stranger to the area Youske could never feel safe in the rain after the investigation so many years ago.

Hopping on his bike he tried to shake the feeling. "New year new adventure." He said trying to put the past behind him as he started to bike towards the school, his breakfast was a package of poky that he kept stored in his pocket.

"Go on and get your backpack and belongings. I have this," Only after sneaking a glance behind him to see that Nanako had begun to pay heed to his words did Ryotaro open the door. Sure enough, behind it had been the eighteen year old Detective Princess, Naoto Shirogane. Although they saw each other every now and again in the force, it wasn't as often. Not because they disliked one another, simply because Naoto was focusing much more on her studies than work. Many of the others tried to argue that was enough incentive to fire Naoto.

Thankfully, Ryotaro always backed her up and supported her. Hell, he had to remind a lot of them constantly that if it hadn't been for Naoto, Adachi would still be doing all of the murders he'd committed from a few years ago.

"Thank you for this, Naoto-chan."

"Ah, it's no problem. Really. I .. I do need to work on my socializing a bit more." It wasn't nearly as bad as it had been when she had first met Yu and the others; not anymore, anyway. But it could definitely use quite a bit of improvement.

Behind Ryotaro, Naoto finally saw Nanako. The detective gave her a smile before bowing her head. "You look good, Nanako. You'll do well at Inaba High. Shall we?"

Managing a small nod, Nanako moved out from behind her father, giving him a hug before walking out of the door and ending up at Naoto's side. "So .. how are other people there? Besides you all?"

"Um ... truthfully? Yosuke may be a better person to ask. Or Teddie. But definitely not me. I'm still working on getting to know people. However, I .. well ... they don't seem bad. I'm just horrible at gathering courage to talk to individuals I don't know. That's a good part of the reason I agreed to this. I know you'd probably want to be going alone and .. I can't blame you. I would if I were you."

Nanako blinked, clearly amazed. "Am I that easy to read?"

"Only because I'm a detective, yeah. It's my job to figure these things out."

A teasing smile crossed Nanako's face. "But Naoto-onee, we're going to school, not work."

"Hai, hai, I know. Horrible habit of mine ... another I'm working on."

"You've got a long list, don't ya?"

"Ooooh yes. Very much so."

There was a brief pause before both girls chuckled with one another. Over the years, Naoto had also become more .. obvious that she was a woman, mainly in regards to her chest area. She stopped trying to hide them and now had C-cup breasts. Not the biggest, no. But she was more than happy with how they were, honestly. More than that, Naoto was feeling proud she could begin to accept her feminism better.

Chie had been the first to finally notice that despite it being morning, it seemed ... darker than she thought. A quick peek towards the sky hinted it loked as though it may actually rain later today.

"Aww, geez. What a horrible first day. Hopefully Nanako's classes will be more fun than the rain," Chie mused, slowing down in her steps as she heard something quickly approaching. Moving aside and pressing her back against a nearby fence, she soon saw Yosuke riding by.

"Oi! Careful!" she teased, giving him a playful smile before walking beside him. "Seriously though, you didn't oversleep you know? So what's the rush? How've you been?"

Sure the questions were a bit out of order. But Chie knew Yosuke wouldn't care, especially not after all they'd been through.

Youske was startled when Chie teased him, and for a moment he wobbled on his bike narrowly avoiding crashing with the wall. As he slowed down. He blinked when Chie told him he hadn't over slept. Rethinking his morning, he growled slightly. "I'm gonna kill Teddie." He had been mostly asleep when Teddie had tried his best to wake him. He should have realized that his shift would start earlier then Youske's school day.

Still he slowed down and gave Chie a happy smile as he rode his bike along side her. It was always good to see her. "Teddie told me that I was gonna be late to school if I didn't hurry up. Dude nearly made have a heart attack making me think I would be late for today."

As he moved along side Chie he couldn't help but smile a little, it hadn't been a long time since he had last seen her, but at the same time when ever he saw her it was always positive. She was basically his closest friend in this city, aside from maybe Yu, but he didn't really count anymore after how far away he had to move. It was a shame that his visits only came during holidays.

"I've been good, Got some rest over the break and I am ready for anything!" He said a little louder then he should have. "How about you Enjoy your vacation? Meet anyone special? Oh and how is everyone else doing?"

Youske was mostly teasing with his question about if she met anyone special over the break. He hadn't seen her much because he and Teddie had gone away for a small vacation over the break, but that had almost been a complete disaster. Now that he was back in Inaba however he was feeling more refreshed then ever.

A distance away from where Chie and Youske along the road that Nanako and Naoto were walking there was a third young student who was also starting his first day at Yasogami High School. Naoki Konishi was Satako's younger brother, and though it had been 3 years since those murders he was still mostly known by the events of those days.

It didn't bother him anymore. People talked behind his back still, but he was a young and now determined man of 15, and today was his first day as well. He walked maintaining an attitude that was as chipper as possible trying to think up a positive way of going to this school. He walked past Nanako's house at about the same time as she and Naoto were leaving to go, but didn't stop to walk with them. Staying just a little bit ahead of them as he walked along the same path as them. It would be rude to walk with them without being invited first, so he just stayed out of the way.

Were it not for the fact Yosuke was on his bike, Chie would have given him a friendly hug. As it dawned on him that Teddie had lied about him being late, she couldn't help but chuckle. "Well ... sounds like Teddie alright. I'm glad to hear aside from some minor pestering, the arrangement between you two is ... working as well as it can?" she offered, unsure if that was even the correct choice of words. But when she repeated them in her head and decided they hadn't been the worst ones for her to use, she decided - prior to Yosuke's verdict - it had been accurate enough.

Faint hints of crimson danced across her cheeks as Yosuke tried to tease about her having met anyone. "D-don't be silly! I'm not -- " she paused, realizing a new thought came to her. "Now that you mention it though, Yu didn't visit over the break for once. Hm. I wonder if something came up?" It only bothered her because he normally made an effort to come to Inaba, be it for Nanako or everyone else. And he was usually good about keeping to his schedule. So when he had missed a visit .. it honestly kind of bothered Chie.

But Yu never did - or didn't - do things without a damn good reason either. So hopefully he just got too occupied or something. But poor Nanako; she knew it had likely made her upset.

"Anyway, no. That sorta thing .. isn't for me, really. You should know that." Chie retorted, moving her arms out and feigning giving his shoulders a playful shove. She would have but, again, his bike kept her from doing so. "But since you asked ... what about you? Hmm?"

Naoto was the first among the two to recognize Naoki. Due to having been an orphan most of her own life, she also knew Naoki probably wouldn't want the 'pity me' type of speech. Gods knew she hated getting that enough as it was from the police force every time she had to hint she was an orphan.

Still .. it probably bothered him as much as it did the detective to always be alone. And for the time being, he was. No parents, no sister who should have been accompanying him, no one.

Gently resting a hand on Nanako's shoulder, Naoto gave her a slight nod. "Go converse."

"H..huh? But what about you? What do I say?"

"Whatever comes naturally. I doubt he'll bite or anything and if push comes to shove, I'll be close behind." As Naoto finished up, she gave a gentle but firm push to Nanako, helping her stumble forward.

"Agh!" It took a bit of correcting her footing to make sure she hadn't tripped but soon she found herself beside the new boy. "Hello, morning. Um, I'm Nanako Dojima. Nice to meet you. Is ... it your first day also?"

Youske blinked hearing that Yu didn't visit. That was weird he always made a trip out to at least see Nanako he considered her a little sister of sorts. He let out a long sigh as he wondered about it. "Come to think of it, I haven't heard from Yu since last years golden week." He thought back to the last time Yu had visited, and then shook it off. "I'm sure it's fine dude is in the big city, you can't expect him to come out here to the boonies every time there is a vacation. He probably just took a trip with his parents." He said lightly, in the pit of his stomach he was worried about it, but decided to put on a strong front for Chie.

When she asked him if he met anyone special he passed it off quickly. "No nothing happened! what would have ever give you that kind of idea!" He would have waved his arms defensively but to do that would have meant letting go of his steering wheel. He glanced around lightly checking to make sure that they were still alone.

"Besides I hardly have the time for anything like that between school, and practically running Junes as the new assistant manager. I can't really focus on anything like that." This time he admitted it with a heavy sigh. He wanted romance in his life, and an odd look crossed his eyes as he passed over Chie for a glance, before shaking his head and focusing on the road ahead again. Things between the old shopping district and Junes may have gotten better, but Youske still felt a lot of pressure from those groups every now and then. As much as he tried to not let it bother him it always kind of did, and it was nothing he wanted to bother Chie with. Getting closer to her would just cause her problems.

"How about the rest of the group? Nanako's starting high school with us today right? And how has Yukiko, and Kanji been? I feel like I have been out of touch with everyone even after just two weeks." He said passively as he thought about the rest of the group.

Naoki blinked as he watched Nanako stumble up towards him. He had to wonder what was going on for a moment that was until she spoke with him. He gave her a kind smile and happily waved. "Actually yes it is." He said with a kind smile.

"My name is Naoki Konishi it's nice to meet you Nanako." He recognized the name Dojima having met Ryotaro a few times back during the incedents three years ago, but said nothing on the subject matter, he didn't even know if that was the same Dojima family name, and it would also be insensitive considering who he was related too.

He extended a slight bow in greeting towards her. "I imagine we will likely be in the same class. So I look forward to working with you."

While the strong front was appreciated, Chie was trying to do the same back. She was about as worried as Yosuke. But now seemed like one of the worst times to fret over such a thing. It was their first day of the senior year. After this, they were done with high school. That alone should have allowed for them to celebrate and not think too heavily on why Yu may not have been able to visit. All the same, that feeling of something being very wrong never truly faded away. Enough for her to focus on the happier questions; but that was about it. Her smile widened as she began to help Yosuke catch up.

"Mhm, Nanako does start. If we get there early, we can probably see about meeting up with her when she arrives. Yukiko's accepted her role with the family business a lot better and, thus, has been very busy with it. Kanji ... well ... " she chuckled softly before giving a light shrug. "He's keeping to his punk-like attitude while working with his own family business. You forgot Rise, although ... "

It hadn't been until Chie had tried to tease Yosuke that she realized even she hadn't heard from the idol. Was she even still one? Chie honestly had no idea. It had been like she'd vanished since they all graduated last year.

"... Weird. Haven't heard from her too though ... if she somehow got back into the idol industry, that would explain it. But I remember she was so adamant on not wanting to go back .. "

Her own head shook as she tried to wave it off. Much like Yosuke, a mix of natural desires in the form of hormones and wanting to better embrace some of her feminine side helped her accept the thought of romance. But as far as she was concerned, it'd be nothing but an image in her mind. She was .. well .. very tomboyish still when all was said and done. And while she didn't have any jealousy issues anymore, Chie knew most of the guys in the school didn't understand her because of her hobbies. Yosuke was one of the few, yes but ... no. He was probably too busy with his own life; no sense making it more complicated.

I suppose this isn't too bad .. Nanako mused, smiling as the introduction actually got returned. If she had telepathic abilities, Nanako would have heard and understand Naoto was trying to help her get a head start.

As much as Naoto respected Nanako's father, it was simple to see how sheltered the poor girl was becoming. And .. well .. she did need to grow up sometime. So, Naoto was trying to help her with that. She had given her childhood up the second her parents passed away. Nanako shouldn't, in her eyes, have to stay a child forever. It was okay to be naive to certain degrees. But not with how Nanako was now. Beside, Naoto was keeping her promise to Ryotaro and watching her. She just wasn't immediately beside her; but at least close enough so that if she needed to, Naoto could run beside the younger girl and help out.

It took a bit of thinking but Nanako did remember the significance of the name. Her head returned the bow as she tried to think of something else. Thankfully, the mentioning of class gave her a more positive idea.

"I do too. Are there any specific classes you're looking forward to more than others by chance?"

"ack!" Youske almost panic'd when he realized he had forggoten about Rise, He hadn't heard from her in a very long time. It was no secret that back when she had been an idol he had been a major fan of hers, but after everything that had happened with the investigation he had learned just how much fandom had hurt her, and got a bit of a reality check as well. That said he and Rise had gotten off on the wrong foot and because of that never seen exactly eye to eye. It wasn't that they disliked one another, everyone in the investigation group was close nit, but he hadn't been surprised to not hear from her.

That said hearing that Chie hadn't heard from the Idol either was distressing. "I haven't heard about her entering the idol scene... not that I check up on that kind of thing anymore, i'm totally passed that phase." He said once again becoming defensive. Though if Chie came over to his, and Teddie's apartment she would be able to spot more then a few Idol posters on the walls.

His thoughts quickly turned too Nanako's first day at school. "We should probably hurry up a bit then so we can meet her at the gate." He said as he picked up the pace on his bike though making sure it wasn't anything higher then what Chie could jog along side too. "You know you should really get a bike. You can get anywhere in the city with one of these things."

"More like which classes I am dreading at the moment." Naoki replied as he walked along side Nanako. Enjoying the conversation as he walked along side her.

"I'm not the best student really, and it doesn't help that I didn't take stuff very seriously back in middle school, but this year will be different." This year there were no tragedies to follow him around, this year was the first day of a new life at a new school He was ready to start applying himself and making himself better then he was in the past. It had taken a long time for him to gain some optimism, but now that he had it he wasn't about to let it go. "This year I am going to do my best." He said with a smile towards Nanako. "What about you?"

Chie couldn't help but grin more as Yosuke realized he had forgotten Rise. It was because of his not-so-discreet secret that she felt in a more teasing mood than usual. As far as Chie could figure, he still liked her despite his words. But when all was said and done .. she didn't exactly blame him. Who wouldn't want someone like Rise, be the idol or not part of her? She was gorgeous and fell into the more ... usual category of girls like Yukiko.

"Hm. Well, that industry is supposed to be one of the more fickle ones. So .. maybe she got an offer to come back real fast or something?" Her hand waved at both the talk of Rise and the suggestion for a bike. "Money doesn't grow on trees, Yosuke. Besides, walking is an equally good way of exercise. Seriously though ... and keep this to yourself or I swear I'll smack the back of your head if not worse but ... "

Her volume lowered as she admitted softly, "I don't know how to ride a bike."

"But um ... yeah. I'll race ya!" With that, she broke into a run, letting her secret sink into his mind.

"Oh? I see." She paused, trying to figure out whether to include that her father refused to let her slack off or not. After a bit, however, she wound up deciding against it and concentrated on the next question. "I .. I guess I am kind of nervous about math. It's supposed to get really hard in high school and my dad's almost always at work. I'm not sure if I'd be able to ask anyone for assistance."

Yu was ... gone, probably with his parents, Yukiko was busy with the inn, Teddie was the mascot for Junes and thus working, Yosuke was a manager at Junes so ... Naoto or Kanji perhaps?

Maybe Naoto. She remembered Kanji hinting he wasn't typically fond of classes. It was something she definitely kept in mind though.

Yosuke and Chie would arrive a few minutes later. About five more would pass before Naoto, Nanako, and Naoki all began to came into view.

Youske blinked at the confession. It seemed so out of place that a tom boy like Chie never actually learned to ride a bike, and yet as soon as he thought about it made perfect sense. However there was still a stunned silence for a moment. He became fixated on the confession that he didn't even hear the second part about a race, and when Chie took of he regained his composure.

"Hey wait a minute I didn't-" Youske stood up on his bike to try and peddle faster, at the same time as his bike hit a curb the result was his body being launched forward up and into the ground. His bike falling on top of him as he hit the curb. Getting back up slowly he dusted himself up and got back on his bike which thankfully wasn't damaged this time.

"Want to race." He muttered the last part as he pulled in behind Chie. She won the race, and he was covered in small scrapes from hitting the concrete. Not that he really cared, over the last few years he had survived way worse with an impact to the floor. He looked at Chie and gave her a small shrug. She may have won, but since she didn't bet anything on it, she couldn't name a prize. So he had that to look forward too. In fact. "You totally owe me lunch now for that." He said teasing her again.

As Nanako pulled into view Youske practically screamed at her as he waved his hands over his head happy to see her. However the person he was walking with on the other hand made him do a small double take. There was never any chance of mistaking Saki's little brother, and the two of them glanced at each other, Naoki giving a silent glare, and Youske simply averting his eyes. "Right."

Naoki quickly shook his head side to side trying to put it out of mind. So he had to put up with Youske for a few minutes it wouldn't kill him. Instead he refocused on the conversation with Nanako. "I'm not great at math, but I am always willing to try and help where I can." Though in truth it was more along the lines of he would probably need her help more often then not.

"Do you know them?" He said pointing ahead to Youske and Chie. One of which represented a very bad memory for him.

Chie playfully smirked as Yosuke arrived, although not on his bike. "... You know, sometimes I wonder if that thing is sentient with how often it tosses you off. Maybe you should try for another?" It was a partial joke; she had kind of meant it. But at the same time, she understood perfectly how costly it would be to actually do so. But that was why it was more of a joke than anything. Chie gave Yosuke's back a firm pat with one of her hands at the mentioning of lunch and nodded. "Deal! Buuuut, not today. I didn't come prepared for that much."

She joined Yosuke in happily greeting Nanako. However, as her friend stopped - and she saw the reason for it - Chie sighed as she looked to Yosuke.

"Come on, not now .. please?" she pleaded. "For Nanako?"

It definitely didn't stay to only Chie noticing the glare. Nanako did and, even from her angle, Naoto did. While neither of the other two understood the reason nearly as well, both did comprehend it didn't mean anything good.

Naoto slowly began to move forward, giving a bow of her head to Naoki and Nanako as she walked past them both and closer towards Yosuke and Chie. Usually, Yosuke could keep his temper pretty well in check. But she had seen his temper give in before and knew that with the right triggers, he could get in an actual, physical fight. And she'd stop it through any means if he tried. It wasn't what Nanako needed to see; not on her first day and definitely not from someone she looked up to so much.

Poor Nanako, meanwhile, felt like an awkward spotlight was on her. It almost seemed wrong to even answer but ... it would be worse, she knew, if she tried to ignore Naoki.

"Mhm, I do." Not realizing he knew at least Yosuke, she began pointing out whom was who, nodding as each name was brought up. "That's Naoto-onee, that's Chie-onee, and that's Yosuke-onii. Not by blood, obviously, but we got close enough to almost be a different family of sort. There are a few others I know but ... hm. I guess they're late? Or on their way? But um .. you can join me in meeting them!"

Offering Naoki a small smile, she began to walk forward, giving them all a smile.

"Hey, everyone!" she greeted, finally adding after a slight pause. "Where's Kanji-onii, Yukiko-onee and Rise-onee?" Teddie, she remembered, was occupied pretty much full-time at Junes; otherwise she would have added him in.

"Fiiiine tomorrow then." Yosuke Said in reffrence to lunch, but when Chie pleaded with him not too do anything brash with Naoki he gave her a small look that simply said 'tell that to him!' He wasn't the one glaring, if anything he had nothing but sad feelings towards Naoki, they both represented some painful emotions towards one another, and while Yosuke had done his best to move on from Saki, this was her brother... it was difficult to deal with him.

Still Yosuke put on a false smile as he waved hello towards Nanako, and gave a slight bow as he was introduced. "How have you been?" He said trying to be as open and veague as possible hoping that Nanako would be the one to answer the question. He turned to Naoto and waved towards her. "It's been a long time Naoto, I'm glad to see your back!"

He thought about Nanako's question for a moment. "Well considering Kanji he might be..." Immediately the image of Kanji beating the crap out of some random people for one reason or another popped into his head. "He only attends school when he needs too, so you probably won't see much of him on campus. He's probably just hanging out with your dad." He said with a good smile as he scratched his head. "And actually no one's heard from Rise in a while, unless you have Naoto."

Naoki did his best to give a kind face with the others. He was originally going to bow out and say that he would meet Nanako at class, but she roped him in too quickly and now he was stuck meeting the new people. Some of which actually seemed nice, but then there was Yosuke, and the worst part was that Nanako considered him an older brother. It was an odd feeling of hate and jelousy that ran through his body, but he tried his best to not let it show.

"It's a pleasure to meet all of you." He said lightly keeping Yosuke out of his vision focusing instead on Nanako, and the other women in the group. "I am Naoki Konishi." He said introducing himself to Chie and also formally introducing himself for Naoto even though she probably over heard him the first time. "Today is my first day at this school."

Part of him was already thinking it was completely ruined because of the prescience of Yosuke.

"Well enough, I suppose. Dad's almost always out at the office .. as usual." Despite the smile on Nanako's face, the very small hints in her tone suggested that part still annoyed her to some degrees. She could now better understand his job was what kept them from being kicked out of the house and forced to live in the streets. But after all these years, why in the hell hadn't he tried to move on? Or adjust his schedule so it didn't take up as much time? Just .. something to make it so she could have a bit more time with her father. It always annoyed Nanako. But with all he did and sacrificed for her, it almost felt wrong to whine about what may seem like such a petty thing to her dad.

"But besides that, well. It's good to see you all." Her head tilted slightly as Yosuke mentioned Kanji possibly being with her dad. "... Odd. I understand why that may be true with Naoto-onee but .. Kanji? Does he work there also? He never told me that."

Naoto had been staying silent to allow for Yosuke and Nanako to catch up. However, as she heard that no one had heard from Rise, her detective senses kicked in. Her head shook from side to side. "No. I never heard from her ... "

"Or saw her once during the summer ... "

But it was obvious enough, even without getting all of the details, that her thoughts wouldn't be good to say aloud. It would have been as wrong for Nanako to see and hear just as much as if Yosuke had gotten into a fight. Thankfully, the boy was behaving decently and controlling himself.

Soft pants and gasps were heard behind the group as Yukiko ran up with a clearly annoyed look on her face. "People ... should not .... be able to make ... reservations .. so ... early .. in the morning ... urgh .... "

As her head lifted and saw the group in front of her, plus a few new people, she felt her cheeks redden in embarrassment. Not only had she nearly been late but everyone had heard that. "Hey guys." As her attention went to Naoki and Nanako, she gave them each a bow. "Nanako, you've grown! You used to be this tall." Her hand lowered beside her own waist as the words 'this tall' left Yukiko's lips.

There was something about Nanako that made her feel ... like a mother, almost. Though to many extents, most of the investigation team seemed to have parental feelings towards Nanako. It was why they'd all worked so hard to protect and rescue her all those years ago. It'd been damn close too ... no! No sense thinking on that. Finally, her head turned to Naoki as she smiled before looking back to Nanako.

"I'd say you've gotten a good start so far. I think the bell's about --- "

Before Yukiko could finish, the first bell did indeed ring, causing all of the women to turn. Yukiko and Chie began to head inside. Naoto, on the other hand, remained behind as she looked to Naoki and Nanako. "Have either of you been inside before? If not, I can show you both around. Just tell me your homeroom number and I can guide you there real fast if you'd like."

Nanako's head shook no. "I haven't been in, at least." She then glanced over to Naoki, curious if he had or not. Depending on his answer would determine if she even needed to take up the offer or not.

"No- no I just meant that he is probably-" Youske managed to cut himself off from saying 'getting arrested' and felt a small awkward silence fall over him for a moment.

As soon as the bell rang Yosuke moved to excuse himself from the group, leaving quickly with Chie and Yukiko to head to their new home room. He didn't really want to take bets on who there teacher was going to be, but was also glad to be out of the awkward confrontation.

"S-sorry about that." Yosuke scratched the back of his head slightly confused by the entire situation. He knew about Saki's real feelings, and that was certainly a part of his past that he was eager to move on from, but it still hurt, and dealing with Naoki made it all the worse in the pit of his stomach. He didn't want to admit it, but being around him, just felt awkward and clumsy, and not in the usual happy way. It didn't help that Naoki basically hated Yosuke.

"I guess somethings never really change. No matter how much time you give them." He looked over at Chie a little more meloncoly then usual, but then perked up immediately. "Hey Yukiko long time no see right?!"

Naoki smiled as Yosuke and the others finally left. His skin stopped feeling like it was going to boil to the bone and he was able to return to the things at hand. "Right um, actually no I haven't been in the school yet." He said lightly, "And I don't actually know which one is our room so it would be really helpful of you."

Naoki smiled for a moment as he started to walk, but then paused for a moment feeling something wet hit his skin, looking up as the rain started to fall. "Crap, lets get inside!" He said as he hurried up. He didn't bring an umbrella today which on reflection was a dumb mistake.

".... You did well. Really, Yosuke. But ... I mean ... didn't you kind of know this day would come? There aren't exactly many other schools for him to go to, you know? Well ... " Her head shook as she took a deep breath. "Just ... keep taking it one step at a time, I guess?" Chie offered, smiling softly to Yosuke before going silent. The presence of Yukiko and time; those were the two things that he obviously needed. She could patiently wait. Until then, it seemed right for Chie to do what she could to help him out. And if that meant being silent ... so be it.

"Mhm, it has been. The inn's been getting more attention than ... as far as I can remember. It's a real blessing and curse at the same time," she replied, letting out a long sigh which suggested sleep hadn't been the best for her. "I .. don't really regret taking over, finally. But I didn't think it'd be this tiring, either. Stupid of me, I suppose. That probably should have been a given." A weary smile managed to cross her face as the three walked before Chie gave Yukiko's sleeve a gentle tug.

"You're about to walk by our classroom! We're here. Geez, you two really must be out of it. You especially, Yukiko."

"... Yeah, I guess ... " she murmured, walking inside first with Chie close behind.

"... Damn ... " Naoto murmured, feeling the first drops of rain begin to fall. Making a 'come on' gesture, she ran ahead, sneaking glances every now and again to ensure the freshmen got inside fine.

Sure enough, Nanako arrived through the main doors about a minute after Naoto had with Naoki close by. Moving her backpack in front of her, she opened it up and grabbed a folded up piece of paper which was her roster. "Um ... " After scanning around the piece of paper, her eyes found the homeroom number. "Room 104."

"104? Alright. That's not that far actually from my own."

A few turns later, Naoto led both Naoki and Nanako in front of large, white door with the same numbers labeled on front. "There you two go. Things should go smoother from here on out. Good luck and I hope your first year is good. Excuse me," Giving a quick bow of her head, Naoto turned and half-jogged, half-ran into the same homeroom with Yosuke and the others, quietly taking her seat.

"Well ... I suppose here goes everything and nothing huh?" Taking a long breath, Nanako gripped the handle then turned it, walking inside their own homeroom.

Yosuke was caught up in listening too Chie's words, oddly enough they were very helpful for him. Of course he had known that the day would come that Saki's brother would show up at their school, but at the same time he had always assumed he was able to simply avoid it. It was one of those things that he was always hoping he could just put off for another day. Walking along and listening to Yukiko and her life made him smile, and while he was so focused on the two of them, he nearly walked past their classroom.

"Oh right sorry." He said as he turned and walked with Chie. Looking at the layout of the classroom he was a little surprised. "Room 2-2 again?" He said finding it more then a little creepy that they had the old classroom from three years ago. The desks were even laid out in the same fassion. As Chie moved to take her seat, he swallowed and sat down beside her taking up what he guessed was Yu's old seat.

Seeing Naoto walk into the room he smiled and waved, but his focus lingered for a moment on Chie, before turning towards the window. the rain was really starting to come down, and then there was that thick fog... He swallowed lightly it was nothing it was just a wierd cosmic happenstance of deja-vu. Nothing more and nothing less. He swallowed trying to focus on the fact that their new teacher entered the room.

Coughing slightly he set down his book as he cleared his throat. "You shall not pass." He bowed his head before he turned towards the board. "That is all. You are all going to fail this course and that one, and everything you attempt so it's often better to just not even try. Just give up on your dreams like I have and take a dead end job teaching a bunch of failiers to be."

Yosuke let out a sigh turning towards Chie. "Where does this school even find these people?"

Naoki stayed with Nanako waiting in an odd state of limbo for her to open the door. "Were already running late." He said as she walked inside the room, and he quickly followed. Oddly enough the teacher wasn't actually in the room yet, but he could immedately feel every single eye on him and Nanako as they entered the room. He swallowed feeling an odd tension and quickly ran for the nearest set of free seats he could find.

"Here take this one!" He said pointing to the seat next to him that was free. He felt awkward and kind of clumsy about his approach for that, but this was just the way it was going to be. Looking around the room he didn't know anyone else... Which was honestly.... the best possible situation! This really was going to be the year of change for him. Everything was going to brand new and great.

It was no doubt a bit disheartening for Chie to see Yosuke take Yu's seat. But they had known from the get-go it wouldn't be likely he would return each and every year. In fact, he'd said it himself; his visit was meant to be a one-time thing. Still, he had been an amazing new friend for her and the others to have made and was no doubt the best leader they could have ran into. The memories, and perhaps slightly bold decision to go on and sit beside Yosuke anyway, made her smile. As he turned his head, she noticed him looking out the window.

Needless to say, Chie couldn't help but feel a bit uneasy herself. First the rain and now the fog? It was definitely an eerie feeling of deja vu, no doubt.

Bu-but .. that's all it is! she tried to convince herself, shaking her head both in response to dismiss the thoughts trying to dominate her head and in answer to his next question regarding the teachers. "Fuck if I know," she murmured under her voice; though honestly, with how annoyed it had sounded, it was more akin to a growl. "The faculty just .. ugh! I wish they'd stop not putting enough effort into their job. It's obvious they aren't."

She hadn't even thought about the rare curse word which slipped past her lips. But truthfully, today was supposed to have started off as a new and very promising day. And now that everything seemed to be going wrong, it was getting her really irritable.

"Yes, yes you two are. However, since I'm late, I'll let it slide," the voice from behind Nanako and Naoki had been abrupt and in a very strict tone. "Sit down," Thankfully, they did so swiftly, making a small "Hmph" be heard next.

"They were lucky. The next one of you I find breaking some sort of rule will have much, much worse than a mere scolding. Trust me." Now that Nanako and Naoki were sitting down, they - plus all the freshman - could see the form of their new sensei. Of course, about half the other guys whistled without thinking.

Then again, the same held true for the woman. She grabbed an object that both Naoki and Nanako may have recognized when they walked by the blackboard as a long ruler. Picking it up, she brought it down and slammed it against the chalkboard.

"Shove it! Now then, my name is Emi Tsuchi. You will use Miss Tsuchi or sensei to address me. This is not up for negotiation."

Nanako cringed, having covered her ears from the loud noise. It was quite tempting to speak back Naoki but ... she didn't wish to get caught and punished for it. Definitely not after that display. A soft sigh passed her lips as she began grabbing her stuff as Miss Tsuchi began starting repeating all of her various lectures, rules, whatnot.

The lecture seemed to drone on and on as their teacher constantly refereed to them as everything from falling stars to having a cripling lack of self esteem. Yosuke could basically figure out that he was basically projecting, and the fact that they got the uber pessimist just drawling on didn't really help Yosuke's confidence in the faculty of this school. In fact it did rather the opposite of any of that. "Never thought I would see the day that I miss King Moron."

Yosuke tried his best not to let the thought linger to long on the past but every time he turned his head towards the window he had to take a deep breath, feeling something clench inside his stomach. He kept hoping against hope that nothing was gonna happen, and as he leaned back into his chair he could already tell that the same kind of feeling was eating away at Chie.

There was something almost poisonous in the air around them, and it worried him. He glanced towards Chie trying to take comfort in the fact that he was sitting next to her, and trying to pay attention to their new teachers droning about the world and how they would never actually find a place to fit in. Biting his lip and trying to make time he fidgeted slightly in his seat.

Naoki blinked, their teacher was a total milf... It was slightly recoiling to see someone as hot as her be a teacher, and for a moment or two he was like many of the other guys around quickly entranced and pulled into the spell of the new teacher, however he quickly shut himself down from it the moment that she hit the chalk bored. He swallowed, thankful that he hadn't been one of the male students to whistle or do anything more then just stare at her for a minute or two. Shaking his head he quickly pulled out a pencil and notebook focusing on the work rather then their teachers body.

Naoki sighed as he looked at Nanako, understanding her cringing and gave her a warming smile. Then he quickly returned to focusing on his work.

As time passed everything seemed normal for both classes that was until however a noise buzzed over the P.A. "Teachers are advised to keep all students in the building, and then report to the office for an emergency meeting."

Yosuke went from annoyed to having the color drain from his face. Looking as their teacher made a hurried exit. "No..." He bit his lip there was a small amount of pan running through him even as he got up from his chair. Off in the distance he could already hear the sirens, and he knew every bad feeling he had ever had was just confirmed in his gut. "It can't be."

He turned towards Chie worry showing on his face. "Were going right? I mean... I have to see. It can't be.." The pit of his stomach made him feel sick, but there was no holding back at the moment... he had to go no other way around it.

"Me neither. At least we began to learn something, even if it was more of a life lesson than an actual one. Urgh ... " Chie sighed as she rested her head in a hand, looking down toward her desk. As much as she tried to pay actual attention to this new professor, she found it more and more difficult as he went on and on. Worse off, it wasn't about anything productive! She was ready, for the first time ever, to stand up and walk out of the classroom. And given that even King Moron hadn't made her want to do such a thing, it truly was a feat in itself.

"This teacher is --- " but as Chie caught Yosuke's glance at the window, she looked over with him. "... That's still bothering you? I mean, I can't blame you but it's been years now. I'm pretty sure that's done and over with." she replied, shooting him a small smile, hoping to calm his nerves.

Everyone continued their work until the PA activated. Emi glanced up, scoffed in annoyance and shot a warning glare to everyone. "I have no idea what this is about but if I come back and even think one of you stepped out for any reason, there will be consequences. No one move until I get back!"

And with that, she ran out, almost slamming the door as she left.

After several seconds passed by, Nanako let out a soft but very long sigh. "Of all the teachers ... hmmm. But ... that's kind of a weird announcement. What do you think it means?"

Chie, on the other hand, felt her heart stop, her face beginning to match Yosuke's. "... Impossible .... " she murmured, shaking her head in disbelief. "This can't .. no .. no way. How?!" Her teeth gripped her lower lip as she gave Yosuke an affirmative nod. "This class was getting nowhere anyway so .. all more the reason, yes."

She got quickly up to her feet, never having felt more content or eager to leave a classroom ever before. The same held true to her never having been so impatient as she reached out, helped Yosuke to this feet, and began to run out of the room.

Naoto, meanwhile, had been about five steps ahead of the duo. The second she heard the announcement, she'd already slipped out. Her detective instincts had kicked in and deep down, she knew something was amiss. And it was clearly not a minor 'something', thus this suggested that she needed to check it out for herself. As she arrived, Naoto remained mingled in with the crowd, using her height to her advantage and disadvantage simultaneously. It took a lot of maneuvering but she was slowly seeing what this emergency had been.

Naoki looked confused for a moment an emergency meeting? It sounded kind of familiar, but at the same time nothing like that happened in Inaba anymore this was once again a quiet town. Things were different and this was probably nothing to worry about. "Someone was probably just illegally parked or something, I don't know let the cops or what ever handle it." He said taking up a laze-fare stance on the subject.

Yosuke trembled slightly as he moved, feeling Chie's hand on him as they ran out of the schoolroom and down the hallway. He swallowed hard as he walked, wanting everything to just be some sick nightmare, he would wake up any minute to Teddie's obnoxious snoring, but the fact was that wasn't going to happen. Nothing was changing and as much as he wanted to admit it this wasn't a dream. He bit his lip anger and rage swelling up inside him, but as they reached the crime scene and slipped into the crowed everything burned away turning into cold fear.

Yosuke shuddered not wanting to admit what he was seeing, but there was no doubt to his mind. City workers were still trying to take the body down from the telephone wires, and the police and ambulance were all here. This was just like that day, the only difference being that the woman strung up was all too close to home. The red hair, pale skin, and flushed face, he swallowed hard. The victim was rise kujikawa.

Yosuke dropped his school bag, stumbling for a moment as he felt the weight under his legs nearly give out, he gripped onto Chie's hand like it was the end of the world. This couldn't be happening. They dealt with the other world, things were supposed to be better now. There hasn't been a murder like this in three years, and why, why did it have to be Rise-chan?

"I...Crap how did this happen?" There were no words that he could say, Turning to Chie his entire body was shaking, dread, anger, and sadness all covered him, and he honestly would have just fallen over right there if he could have. Looking through the crowed of people Yosuke was able to spot Naoto dispite her smaller size, and his eyes then turned to the detective on hand Ryotaro.

"Damn it I thought we told the school to keep students like you inside." Ryotaro's voice cut through the shade as he walked up rather aggressively towards the group, but spotting out a few faces in the crowed he quickly shirked away. "Come on get out of here... before I have to report you." He said loudly. He didn't want to let them off the hook, but this was punishment enough for all of them.

Yosuke bit his lower lip for a moment his grip still tight on Chie's hand. "We need to go to Junes." His first thought being that if this was the same then they would have to go through the tv right away so they could at least know what happened.

Somehow, Nanako couldn't feel like this had also been familiar. While she had been around with everyone on the investigation team for several years now, Nanako had never known about the TV or the shadows. Rather, she hadn't known until near the very end when she'd been saved by everyone. Still, hadn't someone mentioned it all starting with something like this? Or something really similar? That alone suddenly made her anxious and worried. At the same time, Naoki had the best advice.

"... Yeah, true. It ... probably should just be handled by the police." she decided, sighing softly as she leaned back in her chair. They had barely gotten into the class and hadn't been able to take notes. That being said, she couldn't necessarily start on any form of work. So until the the teacher returned, it seemed like the only thing to do was relax and continue to wait.

As all the familiar sights came into view, Chie's heart sank with each new step she took. Her head shook from side to side. This couldn't be happening, not again. But finally, after making her way through the crowd with Yosuke, she saw Rise's body. Her own body - especially around the hands - began to tremble as she lightly gripped his. "This ... no. This can't ... "

And yet, no matter how many times she blinked or tried to look away, she continued to see Rise's body. ".. I ... I don't know how, let alone who. Yosuke?" Her voice lowered as she swallowed nervously, "... Do you think ... she was randomly chosen? Or ... was this a more direct message against ... us? Against .. the investigation team?" It wasn't exactly a very pleasant thought but all options had to be considered.

As Chie's eyes caught a glimpse of Naoto, however, she wondered if the detective would be able to get any leads. As far as everything was concerned, she was now officially on duty ... wasn't she? Even if she wasn't, the girl was smart. She'd figure ways to get information out, whether Dojima or anyone else liked it or not.

Speaking of Ryotaro, his voice damn well nearly made Chie jump as she merely walked away with Yosuke. "... I agree but ... not now. Maybe ... wait for the others, mainly Teddie, Yukiko, and - if possible - Kanji? But... I don't know about just us."

Sure enough, Naoto had taken advantage of having arrived as the first 'civilian' - one of them anyway - and used her cell phone to take pictures of the body. It wouldn't have as good of a zoom while on her phone. But she had no intention of keeping them only there. No. She'd upload them on her laptop at home and get a much better look. Still, if this was indeed a copycat, she had to know somehow.

Deftly slipping her phone away, Naoto continued to stay nearby the crime scene. Each second she had an opportunity to better study this would get her - slowly but surely - closer and closer to the truth. Not that she'd keep this only to herself, of course. But she had to find out for herself in the beginning so she could relay this to the others as accurately as possible.

Yosuke placed a hand on Chie's shoulder as they walked away from the situation. There was still rain and drizzle all around them, which honestly helped. The cold air helped him keep his calm after what they had just seen. Yosuke looked back at Rise for a long moment wondering about what Chie had just said. Could it have been a message against them?

There was a chance that she was right. The thought that Rise had somehow been picked by someone else to stand as some kind of example was scary, but not something he was going to rule out. He trembled for a moment if someone was targeting members of the task force.

"Who would even know about us?" Yosuke's voice trembled for a moment as he spoke. Sure they had helped to put to rest a god like creature, but who really even knew about the investigation group? Nanako had been to young to really be involved she knew them as Yu's and her friends, Ryotaro had thanked them for their assistance, but had never really been sold on the idea of another world connected to a T.V.

The obvious answer that came to mind was Adachi, but he was in jail with a life sentence he wasn't getting out any time soon. Still someone had killed Rise-chan, they were going find out who the hell had done it. They owed it to one of their friends. Walking down the road, the rain was making Yosuke's body damp and cold. "Right lets call the others, and have them meet us." He thought for a moment on a good location.

"Lets have them meet us at Aiya's if nothing else we can get a lunch, before we head over." He grit his teeth, half of him wanted to storm into Junes and shove himself into the T,V, Teddie was already working there so it wasn't that big a problem to grab him and as long as they had him with them then they could get out using the exit. There didn't seem to be a reason to not go to Junes right now, but at the same time Chie was right.

They needed everyone with them if they were going to conduct this investigation properly. Pulling out his cellphone, he dialed a number. Listening to it ring for a moment before the other end picked up. "Hey, Kanji?.. can you meet me and Chie at Aiya's... Also where were you today was the first day of school... What do you mean you overslept? Nanako started today!... You seriously just forgot! Okay come on down and... No this isn't my treat, if you order it you have to finish it or pay!" He hung up for a moment feeling actually a little better then he thought he would though a little angry with Kanji.

"Can you call Yukiko? I don't actually have her number."

"Adachi but .... isn't he still .... dealt with? I mean, I can't see him being let out soon if ever. Not even with a damn good lawyer. All the same, I can't think of anyone else that isn't part of the investigation team." Well, that wasn't true. Dojima kind of knew but even then, it wasn't enough information. He knew that the two of them, Yu, and the others had gotten involved but not the exact details. Moreover, he wouldn't resort to such tactics. It wasn't like him; at least that had been the impression Chie got from all the times she'd been around Nanako's father.

A small smile couldn't help but cross Chie's face as she listened to the conversation between Yosuke and Kanji. He'd handled it pretty well. Years ago, Yosuke used to be .. a lot more uneasy around Kanji. While it was true that he'd just called Kanji as opposed to doing a face-to-face talk, it was still a start. He really had, in so many ways, grown up and become much more mature. She remained silent during the duration of his talk, save for a few chuckles upon hearing that - of all the things - Kanji had overslept.

At least he was safe but .. she couldn't blame Yosuke for scolding Kanji. Of all the the days to forget, this shouldn't have been the one to do so with.

A small sigh passed her lips as Chie hit the speed dial for Yukiko's number. "Yukiko? Hey ... the teacher didn't return back did they? No? Good. Why? Well ... just meet up with me, Yosuke, and the others at Aiya's. Everything will be explained when we're all there. All save Nanako. Why not? Because .. she definitely doesn't need to know this; not yet."

That thought hit her pretty damn hard; they were going to have to break this to Nanako eventually. Or .. should they let the school or news break it to her? Regardless, she was no longer the young preteen girl they'd known before. She was an actual teenager, a high school student; and a smart one at that. She'd put two and two together with time.

The sounds of Yukiko repeating Chie's name over the end of her cell phone snapped her out of her thoughts. "Ah! Sorry! Um ... yeah, Aiya's. Lunch. Great, thanks." A low groan left as she hung her phone up, pocketing it away.

Naoto, on the other hand, had finally been forced to head back to class but not before Dojima said she could - and would be needed - to help with this. Well, at least that was a start. And probably the smarter one, honestly. From the way she had seen Rise, there was no obvious cause of death. But there would be one place that she could get more details at; the morgue.

She'd never dare admit it out loud but the thought honestly made Naoto a tad nervous. She'd never been in such a location before. But ... it would be their best bet to understand what had happened. Until then, she had the same thoughts as Chie; Adachi would be their best lead. Simultaneously, he was locked away.

But ... there's no other current lead ...

It made Naoto wonder whether to visit Adachi first and see if he had tipped anyone off or go right for the morgue. She continued to think it over on the way back towards her classroom.

Yosuke was still shivering as he walked towards Aiya's even as they made it into the shopping district he wanted nothing more then to just break down. Even though it wasn't very mature of him he wanted to scream and break something. It was like several conflicting impulses all drove him on at once. He had seen Naoto in the crowed and just assumed that she was following them, but now that they had put some distance between everyone else and the crowed looking around he didn't see the blue haired detective anywhere.

Dialing her number he paused before actually pressing send when he heard Chie's conversation with Yukiko, and came to the same realization as she did. They would have to at least tell Nanako about Rise. He let out a huge sigh as he fell on Chie for a moment his arm once again leaning on her for support as he felt a surge of pain run through him.

They had nearly lost Nanako once, and he still remembered how everyone had been that day, but this was still so very cold and different. They actually lost Rise. "I can't do it." Yosuke trembled for a moment. As he stopped walking and had to just put himself up against a wall, his eyes looking up at the grey sky as he took cover under a canvas.

Thinking back To Nanako his mind went to facing down Minato, how he and the others had reacted. The will to just push him into the T.V. and be done with it. Or even just beat him to death with their own hands. Back then Chie had been the one against it, the one who had dragged him back from committing murder, and now they lost Rise. The same kind of anger was there with him, but this time there was no one to lash out at, no one he could try and hurt. This time he felt much more alone. "Right now, I want nothing more than to find and kill some bastard I don't even know. First... Saki-senpai and now just when everything seemed safe Rise-chan ends up like that. I don't think I can go through another one of these investigations and keep my sanity intact."

He looked at Chie now, not even sure what he was feeling. Last time he had nearly hurt Chie in a fit of rage when he they had faced Minato, not to mention all the crap that had gone down with Adachi, including having to face a god. He had thought that after that everything would just be easier, but if anything a sense of foreboding fear had settled into his heart, and looking back on his actions they became really hard to justify.

"Yosuke ... you have to. We've already gathered everyone else. And .. honestly? Even if you tried to keep her out of this, you know Naoto is going to figure things out regardless of what may or may not happen. That's her job, she's a detective. We ... we have no idea who's behind this yet. We can't just let her risk running into that same person." Chie paused, letting the very possible threat register into Yosuke's head before pulling him into a somewhat shaky embrace.

"I know it's hard. Really, I do even .. even if I'm not sounding much like it. But this can't slide. This can't just .. be ignored. And that's exactly what you're going to do if you don't tell Naoto to meet up here."

Well, it'd be one of the things. Several other darker options tried to haunt Chie's head. She bit on her lower lip and mentally shoved them away, refusing to dwell on any of them. She was smart. If push came to shove, Chie believed Naoto could handle herself. However ... would the killer really be out and about after committing a murder so soon? She wouldn't think so just because of all the risks that came with getting caught.

"Just ... take a few moments, calm down, and call her. Please. I have nothing against your own ideas. But it'd be stupid to go after a random person and - more likely than not - get the wrong individual. Plus .. if they've found Rise and know of us, there's no guarantee any of us are safe!"

The same fear, anger, and even uncertainty could definitely be seen in Chie's eyes. Yet among the negative feelings, there was a sense of resolve and determination.

Naoto had barely walked back into the school when she bumped into a running Yukiko. "... Something up?"

"Didn't you get called? We need to be at Aiya's."

"... I see. Alright. I'll join you."

It would have been easy to tell Yukiko then and there. But if she was heading over to Aiya's, the rest - save Nanako, hopefully - would also be there. It meant there would be a hell of a long talk and discussion. And for that, she did want to be there. Pivoting on her feet, Naoto broke into a run alongside Yukiko, heading toward Aiya's.

Back
Top Bottom