Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

History Always Finds A Way To Repeat [AU Persona 4 RP] (Yuna & Malin's 1x1)

Yosuke looked at Chie for a long moment finding the ability to calm down as he did. She was right, now that they were all a potential target things were far more serious. It was too early to say for sure, but if someone really was targeting members of the investigation team then there was no doubt that eventually that person would come after all of them. It was a thought far more threatening then he liked, but at the same time something was bugging him.

He hadn't watched the news in the last few days, so he wasn't about to rule it out, but as far as he knew Rise hadn't been on the television, but there was something more disturbing then that. Also if everyone was a target than didn't that include Chie? He had Teddie living at his house, and if it came down to it they could take shifts watching each other. Naoto was a detective, and carried a gun, she may have been over powered once but it was really unlikely that she would allow that to happen again.

Kanji was Kanji fucking Tatsumi, and Yukiko had the inn staff. "Chie... Do you want to stay with me and Teddie for a while. I'll give you my room." He would find somewhere else to sleep if he had too. He could easily just put himself into Teddie's room for a while, or take up the living room it wasn't much of an idea.

He swallowed and then quickly brought up the Phone dialing the number for Naoto and walking into Aiya. Chie's words helping him to get back his resolve. It seemed so weird that he would be the one to falter like he had, but now that his head was back in the game Yosuke got back his determination.

Shortly after the two of them walked into the place, a third figgur burst through the door, having ran the distance of Tatsumi textiles where he lived, to Aiya, he walked up to Chie and Yosuke and took a seat. "Everyone else still getting here? Figgures they would be slow." He said lightly Honestly he was surprised that the others got here before him, but then he had also still been asleep when Yosuke called.

"So what the hell is the emergency already?... And why do you two look like you've both seen a ghost or something? what did I miss!"

While Chie may not have had the highest IQ among the group, she could still easily see Yosuke was obviously contemplating on something. She pulled away from the embrace, watching him carefully with her own eyes. Finally, the offer to stay with Yosuke for a while was brought up.

"...H-huh?! Um .... "

It sounded more like a proposal to move in but ... no. This was for an actual reason. No matter how foolish some ideas Yosuke said may sound, he always had a reason for saying them. He was a man of purpose. So .. maybe shock was just keeping her from properly thinking on why this offer was being extended because right then and there, Chie couldn't begin to understand why he would suggest this.

"Explain why later if you don't mind."

And her own reply, let alone moving away from the hug, had seemed to be timed out pretty damn well because in walked - ran - Kanji. Chie had been ready to reply before both Yukiko and Naoto ran in, each panting a bit. The detective had managed to hear Kanji's inquiry, however, and gave him an answer.

"Join .. and ... keep your voice down a bit ... please."

Letting the hint that even Naoto knew about this linger, both herself and the new manager of the inn took a seat, each also taking the time to regain their oxygen. Naoto gave a knowing glance to both Yosuke and Chie, as if trying to silently ask who wanted to break the news.

Yosuke blinked hearing Chie ask him to explain it, but he shook his head, he would later, now they had to deal with Kanji and the others. Looking around there was still one, well three people missing. It kind of hurt that they knew Rise wasn't going to show up, and everyone had accepted that Yu was gone which really meant they were down by a leader, but pulling out his cellphone he dialed one last number. "Hey Teddie, take the rest of the day off work and come to Aiya's.... I don't care tell them it's important and that I'm the one who told you to do it... Yes I will get in trouble, but this is a special circumstances! Just get your bear ass down here... Yes that means wear clothing you pervert!"

Yosuke let out a long sigh as he held his nose for a moment leaning back as though he got a nose bleed from it all. Kanji looked at the others, and everyone seemed rather confused by everything.

"Hey... what's going on?" He asked the table his eyes drifting towards Naoto for a moment as he thought about why everyone seemed so serious.

Turning to the counter of Aiya's he held up his hand. "Can I get two mega beef bowls." He said then turning to the rest of the group. "I owe Chie right now, so I will pay for hers if she doesn't finish it... everyone else can buy their own food, i'm not made of money."

With his order placed Yosuke looked at the table, letting out a long sigh. "Did any of you check the T.V. last night just because it was raining?" He looked at the table already knowing the answer was no since no one had called him in the middle of the night. He himself hadn't checked the T.V. in a very long time, so the idea that anyone else had was rather off.

Kanji on the other hand was blinking counting heads for a moment. "Uhm.. is anyone gonna call Rise or is she already on her way?"

Naoto had been more than ready to fill Kanji in. However, she was reminded there was indeed still one person missing; Teddie. So, she refrained herself from revealing what exactly was wrong. "I'm pretty sure this is going to wait for when Teddie arrives." she said calmly, raising her own hand towards the workers. "One megabeef bowl for me also." She pulled her wallet out and began getting money out, hinting to Yosuke she'd heard about him refusing to pay for anyone else. It seemed fair enough. Honestly, the thought of taking care of everyone's meals did seem a bit ... of a chore to do.

Yukiko had begun to notice the very tense atmosphere, from the way Chie had gone unusually quiet to Yosuke seeming much more serious. She shifted in her seat, trying to get comfortable before finally looking to Chie. "Um ... is everything okay?"

"Please, just wait like Naoto asked. She .. she's right. Everyone should be here for this."

"So what about Nanako?"

"... Not yet. Later but .. not yet."

This confused the new inn keeper and yet finally suggested that whatever this was, it must be horrible to purposely keep Nanako out of this. Her eyes glanced to Naoto, as if hoping she'd go on and say something, even a mere hint. Alas, no luck as Yukiko let out a defeated sigh and continued to wait. Her eyes finally went back to Naoto, glancing specifically at her wallet. "Um ... would you ... ??"

"... Hm?" As Naoto noticed where Yukiko was looking at, her head tilted slightly. "With all due respect, Amagi-san, aren't you now the manager of the inn?"

"Well .. yeah but ...."

"So unless you've been needlessly splurging, you don't really have an excuse to not be able to cover yourself." It was selfish, Naoto knew. But she had been an orphan most of her life. Inheritances could only work for so long and most of that was gone. She had to take care of herself and if that meant taking the same route as Yosuke, with being selective and all, so be it.

"... Never mind ... " Yukiko murmured, clearly in an annoyed voice.

Yosuke let out a long sigh, normally he would be taken to the cleaners by this group, everyone always came to him when they needed money or didn't in the case of Yukiko, so lately the 'prince of Junes' had been putting his foot down. The truth was he didn't even really owe Chie anything, but after seeing that body and knowing how bummed they all were, a giant bowl of beef was at least going to help his closest friend recover.

Yosuke was a little shocked that Chie was so silent, everyone at the table had a nervous energy to them. It didn't seem like her to be so quiet then again it wasn't like him to actually be afraid. Thinking back to how he had been the first one to want to go back into the T.V. world the first time around and even had that dumb ass plan with the rope, it was very different this time around.

Kanji was fixated on something very different on the other hand. "So did anyone call Rise? do you know if she's on her way yet!" It seemed like such a simple question and yet he wasn't getting an answer yet. He hadn't been at school so he had no idea that she hadn't shown up to class, and now that he thought about it, there had been a long time since the last time he had talked to the idol.

Teddie ran in, clutching his knee's as his white shirt was covered in rain and sweat. He had apparently ran all the way from Junes to the old shopping district, and then some. "This had better... be... beary important!" He said in between heavy pants and gulps of air. Walking up to the table he grabbed Yosuke's water and chugged it slamming it down on to the table as he breathed heavily.

"Hey dude not cool!" He glared at Teddie for a moment as he took his seat. Everyone looked around the table and Yosuke let out a long sigh.

"Listen... At school today there was an incident, and they found Rise-chan... hanging upside down just outside the school. She's not coming today, because she's dead." Yosuke let out a long breath of air as the food arrived at the table for him and Chie. Taking up his chopsticks he shook his head as he let out a short and quick 'itadakimasu' and started to eat, wanting to try and focus his efforts on something other then the death of a friend.

Kanji blinked in disbelief. "No... but."

Teddie's eyes began to water, as he came to the same reasonable assumption as Yosuke. "but we... I never even got to score with Rise-chan."

".... No .... " It was obvious that if Yukiko had been holding anything, especially a bowl or any fragile object, it would definitely have been dropped and shattered on the floor. She glanced around from face to face, finally stopping on Chie. "This ... he's lying! Right?!"

Chie sadly shook her head, breaking her chopsticks as she began to eat. "He's quite serious. I know Yosuke can make jokes at times, yeah. But .. not about things like this. You should know that." Bowing her head, she began to eat. While she knew fully well Yosuke didn't owe her a damn thing, she appreciated the gesture. If anything, now she owed him two lunches.

Yukiko looked around again before looking desperately at Naoto.

"... They already spoke the truth. I don't know what more you want."

"... Proof!"

"... You sure about that? I mean, I do have some but .... I don't know if it's wise. Moreover, you may wanna have a strong stomach."

"I don't care! What is it?!"

Naoto sighed as she stood up, pulling her phone out and going to her pictures. Making sure only Yukiko could see, she let her eyes linger on the picture of a now dead Rise before sitting back down.

"...W-why do you even have those?!"

"Because Dojima-san has allowed - no, asked - me to help out with this case too. The only real catch is I can't go in and begin helping out until after classes. He wants me to still focus on my education." A small smile crept across her face. "The problem he's failing to remember, unfortunately, is with Rise having been the victim .. this will be a much easier said than done task. But I'm not going to go against him, not when he's still letting me help out."

A few moments later, Naoto's own meal arrived. She handed over the money to the waitress before beginning to eat.

"Why are you so calm about this, Naoto?!" Yukiko exclaimed.

Even when the group had gone in her world, they had never seen the detective glare or do anything to express genuine anger towards anyone before. Now, however, Yukiko would be the first. A mix of venom and ice entered her voice as she began to speak, "Listen up and listen good. I am as upset about this as anyone else. It doesn't seem like it, I realize. But the reason I'm calm is because panicking won't do a goddamn thing. I'm still working on my socializing so I'm sorry if I'm coming off as a cold, uncaring bitch. But that's the last thing I am. Now then ... if you're going to say another thing to me, make it more productive why don't you? Besides, I'm trying to eat. That was rude and uncalled for."

".... " That was as far as Yukiko got as her head bowed slowly.

Chie couldn't help but cringe a bit. The lashing was .. not at all expected. But in the end, Naoto did have some pretty good points. Because of that more than anything else, she wouldn't try to say Naoto had been wrong. However, she would comfort Yukiko in the best possible way. "I .. I know it doesn't feel possible, huh? But Naoto kind of has a point. Continuing to pout won't do us any good. If we really want to do something about this .. "

Her voice trailed off as she allowed for everyone else to fill in the blanks. Whether anyone liked it or not, it seemed history was going to repeat.

Yosuke finished a bite he was eating and gained back the determination he had lost over the years of inactivity. This wasn't a game for any of them, one of the investigation team was dead, and it seemed damn obvious that they needed a leader now. Yu was gone, and wouldn't be coming back till at least the next vacation time he would get. Which would probably be golden weak.

Clapping his hands together he let out a long sigh, it took too much of everything in order to finish this beef bowl, but after what felt like an hour of trying he had finally gained some understanding into this world, the courage he needed to face it, and the intelligence to see what needed to be done! Placing down his chopsticks he was done with this... portal to a dimension of meat, and slowly he stood up.

Taking a deep breath Yosuke had to pull one of out of Yu's hand book. "Listen everyone Chie is right. I know this is a shock, I know none of us want to deal with this in our lives, we thought we were done for sure, but this proves that at the least we aren't done yet. One of our own members was taken from us, and I don't know about any of you, but I am ready to get serious. So I say that we head down to Junes as a team and we go into the T.V. and we see for certain that the fog is gone from that world, and our world."

Yosuke was back and determined as ever. "We found the truth once, and with all of us together we can do it again!"

Kanji was next to get to his feet, his fist in the air. "Yeah, I say we stop feeling sorry about ourselves, and do what Rise would want us to do! Lets find this asshole and kick some ass!"

Teddie sniffled slightly as he nodded staying in his seat all the same. "I'll do my beary best to sniff out what is going on."

Yosuke was quick to pull out his cellphone and check the weather forcast on the net. "It's going to keep raining into tonight, so at the very least we should all check the T.V. tonight, that will make everything clear once and for all."

Even if it may have been the wrong time, Chie couldn't help but feel a small yet powerful sense of pride surge through her as Yosuke admitted she had been right. She didn't have as good of an IQ like Naoto but Chie was by no means dumb. When logic was obviously needed, she could definitely use it. Now had been one of those moments. The thought of an investigation being done yet again - without Yu though - would be just a tad weird. But .. Yosuke was right. They couldn't just wait for him. No. Actions needed to be taken now, not later.

Naoto gave a quick, affirmative nod. "I'm definitely in." Regardless of whether Dojima had accepted her assistance or not, it was clear that she definitely would have been beside anyone who was as eager and ready to deal with this like herself.

Yukiko still seemed to be in disbelief. "... I can't believe this is happening again ... " she murmured, shaking her head slowly. The words made Chie turn to her best female friend and look at her silently. "But .. " the inn owner continued, "since it has ... yeah. This can't be ignored. I ... didn't think I'd be doing this again but ... I'll do it."

Each female gave a nod of agreement as Yosuke mentioned to check the TV. But it was Yukiko who spoke up yet again.

"So ... who tells Nanako?"

A few seconds passed by before Naoto raised her hand, making Yukiko raise an eyebrow. "You sure, Naoto?"

"I have the obligation to walk her to and from school anyway. It'd be .. easiest in that aspect. Can any of you admit you want to say this?" There hadn't been many others but Naoto had been involved with some deaths and relaying the unfortunate news to the remaining relatives. Granted, none were murders. Most had been car accidents much like her parents, something more natural. This wouldn't just be hard due to the cause but also the very fact that Nanako had known Rise. It wasn't just some random person, no. It had been one of her friends.

m
Yosuke frowned as he heard that they would need to tell Nanako, couldn't they just let her be a kid, and hide this from her for a little while? She was still younger then they were when they started the first invistagation. Sure sheltering her wasn't going to help her in the long run but there was an instinct inside of him that wanted to at least try to shield her from the reality of things. Seeing Naoto's hand go up asking to go and break the news to Nanako was already painful, but there was another factor that needed to be looked at.

"Naoto, you should probably go to Nanako then. School will be over soon, and well." He bit the inside of his tongue for a moment but if they were all going to go into the T.V. then chances are they wouldn't be able to check the midnight channel. "Were going to need at least one person on this side who can get all the details of what happened while we are in the other world. Were gonna need you to check the T.V. at midnight, cause we will all probably be too sick and exhausted to do it ourselves."

If this was anything like the last time then the killer was not going to stop at just one person. They are going to put as many people into the other world as they can, which meant it was up to them to stop them. "Also.. don't leave Nanako alone tonight. The news is going to be all over this, and well I'm not putting down the possibility that this was a message against us."

Kanji blinked. "Wait so we all have targets on our backs?" Kanji thought things over for a moment and made a confident 'hmpf' sound "bring them on! this time we will be ready for anything!"

"That could be beary bad. I don't like the idea of being someones target at all!" Teddie said as he shivered. as he got up and got ready to go back to Junes, taking a deep breath he looked at the rest of the group.

In between the pauses and silence, both Naoto and Chie had been eating their respective meals. When Yosuke spoke to her, however, Naoto nodded. She had almost been done anyway. Thus, the sound of chopsticks being set in an empty bowl would soon be heard. Standing up, she gave Yosuke a small bow of her head. "Deal. Dojima will likely be late getting out of the office anyway. And he can relay details to me over the phone or through e-mail." And with that, she pivoted on her feet and began heading back to the school.

"W-wait ... a message? You think this was more than a crazy fan or something? I mean, she was an idol. Couldn't it have been simply that?" Yukiko inquired.

"I thought the same," chimed in Chie. "But ... I don't know. I'm no detective like Naoto but ... it kind of felt ... intentional. Like it may have just been more and as if she had very carefully been chosen."

"But ... no one else knows about us as friends, let alone as an investigation team!"

"That ... was Yosuke's concern also." Chie confessed, sighing softly. "And .. yeah. It's true. But it'd be more risky for us not to keep this as a possibility."

A noticeable amount of color seemed to drain from Yukiko's face. Whatever appetite she had seemed to have as shown when trying to ask Naoto to pay for her meal was likely gone by now. "I .. almost feel like going home instead of back to school. This .. is by far the worst first day." Her eyes closed as she sighed softly, thinking carefully on what she'd actually do. After a few moments, her head shook. "No. I should at least try to finish ... even if only for appearances. Later."

Pushing herself up to her feet, Yukiko stood and left, no doubt heading in the same direction Naoto was.

Soon, it was just Kanji,Teddie, herself, and Yosuke. "So ... we just watch the TV and see where to go from there?" she mused, still in the midst of finishing up the last bits of her meal.

The thing that was bugging Yosuke the most was that there hadn't been any T.V. appearances of Rise. It was possible that he had some how missed something, but it wasn't likely in fact he really disliked the possibility. He knew it was one of those things that he didn't need to mention after all Naoto would launch a full investigation into Rise's activities up until she died. but as he walked out of Aiya's into the Rainy day.

Letting out a long sigh he watched as Naoto and Yukiko walked away leaving him with Kanji, Teddie and Chie. Turning to them, he shook his head. "Were going to Junes, and going through the T.V. to the other side." It had been a long time since they had all gone to that world, the last time they did it had changed dramatically, and become something akin to a garden, he wasn't sure why but he was pretty much certain that it wasn't going to be that way anymore.

Waiting for Chie to finish her meal Kanji was the first to stand up. "Come on then lets get going!" A few minutes later he was basically leading the charge towards Junes, there was of course the problem with having Teddie come back with him, but Yosuke was there, and now that he was basically manager of the place it hardly mattered that he had called the bear off work.

Teddie was still shivering even as they arrived at Junes, he looked around clearly still saddened by all that was going on, going into the electronic's department they stopped in front of all the wide screen televisions. He paused for a moment looking at the screens it had been a long time since he had tried to go back to his world, but this was the T.V. they had used back then.

Kanji raised his hand ready to touch the screen, but stopped.. Usually they would have all followed Yu inside the T.V. now they were down a leader, and Yosuke looked around. Everyone seemed nervous, and for some reason even he didn't know what to expect. Swallowing he turned to Chie. "Ladies first?" He said gesturing towards the television.

Chie's thoughts were very similar to Yosuke's. To her knowledge, Rise hadn't been seen on TV. Hell as far as she could recall, Rise had refused to go back into the idol industry. So her chances of even being caught on a television should have been low if not 0% ... shouldn't it? Yet somehow, she had wound up dead. She went back to all she had told Yukiko about Rise being purposely chosen. There .. was definitely always that possibility, yes. But suddenly, she was hoping that more than anything, it had just been some very insane fan of hers.

But ... none of it makes sense! Urgh!

To be fair, this was partly why they were trying to get a head start now. Naoto would no doubt help them out, especially since Dojima himself had requested her aid. Maybe .. she could figure a good lead out, in terms of a person? Anything, honestly, would be a great start.

"... Ready as I'll ever be ... " she murmured to Yosuke, feeling her heart beat wildly as she walked with him, Kanji, and Teddie to Junes. In the back of her head, she had the nagging feeling that they had forgotten something. A frown crossed her face as she looked between all of the guys.

"We're forgetting something ... " she muttered softly, tapping her fingers gently against her hip. What exactly was beyond her. But it was important, hence why she was getting annoyed at forgetting exactly what they supposedly needed.

By the time they finally arrived at Junes, it hit her like a brick. Her head quickly shook no to Yosuke as a frantic look entered her eyes.

"Are you nuts?! We don't have our glasses! We can't!"

Well, they could but there would be a major risk of going in and not being able to see a damn thing.

"Shouldn't we at least get those first? I .. don't have mine on me at least."

Yosuke's and Kanji's mouths both dropped slightly when she brought up the use of the glasses, Oddly neither of them had thought about it, seeing as they were both too caught up in the moment to actually think back to how the other world worked and how the fog had messed with them back when they hadn't had glasses of their own.

Teddie's eyes seemed to light up at the mention that they didn't have the glasses this time around. "Teddie to the rescue!" He said as he reached into his pocket and pulled out not one, but three pairs of joke glasses complete with fake nose and mustache.

Yosuke blinked for a moment looking at Teddie with a look that was both astonishment and annoyance. "... Why do you still have those?" He said taking one pair and checking them over, they seemed like a pair that would work well enough at least until they got home to get their real glasses, but why did they have to look so... stupid?

Yosuke's face shifted to a pale white when he realized exactly why Teddie had been carrying these around on his person. "Don't tell me, that for the past two years... you have been carrying these around just encase you wanted to pull off a joke!"

Kanji blinked as he picked up his pair and put them on. He honestly didn't mind that he looked kinda stupid in them, in fact when he had first joined the team he had been okay with wearing the glasses. "what ever man so long as we can get the job done who cares."

Teddie walked up to Chie and held out the last pair of glasses for her. "Here you go Chie, ladies first after all."

Chie was more than ready to turn around and quickly head back home. She had kept her glasses, thank gods. She just never wore or carried them on her. But before she could even begin to move, Teddie spoke up. She glanced down, very easily remembering those ... those ugly things! She bit down on her lower lip to hide a groan of annoyance. He couldn't be serious ... right? But, as he handed them out to the guys, it was clear that Teddie was very much so. Did he forget these pairs failed? No, no. Chie doubted that, especially when he tricked Kanji into wearing them.

A defeated sigh passed her lips as she accepted the spectacles. "... Alright then. Well ... "

Slowly, Chie placed the fake glasses over her eyes. Luckily, she had been facing the correct television so she just needed to go forward.

Yet as her head connected with the screen, it refused to let her through, causing her to cry out as she bumped her head. "Agh! Ow, ow, ow! It ... it's not working." Was it just because these glasses were blocking her sight? It shouldn't matter, Chie knew.

However, just in case, she took them off and held them tightly in her right hand before trying again. Once more, the guys would see the same result, another attempt that led to a second failure. Chie gave an uncertain shrug as she turned and faced Yosuke and the others, rubbing her head gently.

"I dunno what's wrong but .. it really isn't working. I'm not losing anymore brain cells though so if you all wanna give it a shot, go for it."

Yosuke seemed confused when the T.V. refused to let Chie pass, quickly taking off the glasses that were rather stupid anyway he pressed his hand against the screen expecting a cold sensation as it passed through but instead it just pressed against solid plasma screen T.V. "What the." He blinked for a moment wanting to say something more when he was suddenly and violently pushed out of the way by Kanji.

"Okay what the hell is going on here!" He said as he pressed his arm against the television trying too simply shoulder his way into the other world with violence. As he tried Yosuke had to try and pull him back for a moment worried that he could end up breaking the T.V.

"Stop your gonna."

As he spoke there was a loud crack, and the plasma screen T.V. they had used for so long snapped, the screen shattering under the combined weight of Kanji Teddie, and Yosuke.

All three of them backed away from it and looked at one another, but it was Yosuke who reacted first. "Run!" Moving and grabbing Chie by the hand he dashed out of the electronics department. Running quickly so that hopefully no one would notice the now broken television. If there was one thing in this world he did not want to pay for it was a brand new, extremely expensive T.V.

As Chie watched Yosuke fail to enter the television, she felt a bit relieved. It meant this wasn't some weird dream, for one. Two, she hadn't been imagining things. It really hadn't worked for whatever rhyme or reason. It baffled her. The damn thing had always worked before. Hell, it practically encouraged them to go through. But ... now? Why was it failing now? She tried to ponder on the thought of it. Before she could even have a bit of a guess, the sound of shattering glass broke the silence.

"Kanji!"

Granted, it hadn't been working, yes. But now, on the off-chance it had just been malfunctioning, their only entrance was gone. At least to Chie's knowledge. She stared at the screen up until Yosuke took a hold of her hand and pulled her away. Her gaze finally moved towards her friend as a confused and simultaneously horrified look was now on her face.

"So ... now where do we go?"

Back at the high school, the final bell rang.

For Nanako, it was a blessing and a curse. She had enjoyed learning -- for the most part. But she definitely hadn't enjoyed her homeroom teacher. After finishing packing her things, she walked towards the door. Her hand rested on the knob as she looked back towards Naoki. "Did you wanna walk back with me?"

While waiting for the answer, she opened the door and turned in time to see Naoto. "Naoto-onee! Um ... " The serious look on the young detective's face was easy to pick up on. "Something wrong?"

"I ... I'm going to stay with you tonight."

"Why?"

"I'll relay that ... in a bit. Preferably when we're alone. At most .... he can only hear about it. But I don't want anyone else knowing." Her head gently nodded towards Naoki as the word 'him' passed her lips. "Naoki-kun ... you may want to tag along, honestly. It ... isn't really safe to walk alone anymore."

Even with that small hint, a very anxious look crossed over Nanako's face. Clearly, something had happened. Naoto - no one at that rate - ever told her such things unless it was a major deal. And for Naoto of all people to be relaying this information ... it really must have been something.

"Anywhere but here." Yosuke said still pulling Chie away from the rest of the group, and away from the Junes department store. When he they had finally gotten far enough away he grabbed his legs and panted heavily. His chest was heaving up and down as he breathed, feeling like he was on fire. "The last thing I want to do... Is have to pay for a television i can't afford."

He glanced at Chie, and then suddenly came down with every realization that she had already. They couldn't get into the telivision and the one 'safe' tv that they knew about was gone. They had also lost Rise, which meant they only had Teddie's nose. They were blind, and paralyzed. They didn't have Yu, and no one else in this place knew anything about the other world.

Maybe it wasn't the other world, and the location and finding of Rise's body was some how unrelated. It didn't feel like it, but at the same time there was a chance, and that was just scary. Frustrated he punched the wall. "I... don't even know." He said feeling the rain on his skin. He and Chie were alone now, having ditched the other two presumably still arguing over the now shattered T.V.

"We should head home. Check the midnight channel. I mean there's nothing we can do now..." He was honestly doubtful that it would even show up.

Naoki let out a long sigh of relief as the final bell tolled on the school day. Getting up he blinked as the woman from earlier in the day returned to talk to Nanako, but now it seemed something big had come up. He paused for a moement thinking that it sounded rather personal, and he couldn't have for the life of him thought about what could have happened.

"Uh sure." He said as he got up to follow the detective and nanako.

Chie managed a slow nod, figuring that she couldn't blame him, for one. Two, Kanji should have to pay for that, not Yosuke. But it'd be easy to place the blame on Yosuke. She leaned against the nearest wall, panting quickly herself. Usually, she didn't mind running. Simultaneously, it tended to be on her terms and thus doing so when she was mentally and physically ready for them. This one had ... been much more of a surprise. She hadn't really, because of this, prepared herself very well and was breathing about as fast as Yosuke was.

Even without asking, Chie seemed to see most of what Yosuke was worrying about; most of everything she had realized. Her eyes softened. She felt like she should say something, anything. But what? They had no real form of reassurance to check up on things anymore. They had ... next to nothing. This felt so very hopeless.

"I just ... I don't get it. It didn't work ... " she repeated weakly, gripping her lower lip as she slowly began following behind Yosuke. Chie knew she probably should ask, now that they were alone, for why he wanted her to remain with him. But aside from how stupid that sounded in her head, it honestly seemed like she should just trust him. He always did things with the best possible reasons.

"... Yeah. I guess ... yeah. We may as well."

The very fact that it was indeed personal made Naoto even question if she should tell Naoki or not. Naoto finally compromised, deciding she could give him a half-truth. It wouldn't be like he'd care as much as Nanako would. Moreover, he hadn't known Rise. So for her to say the former idol's name in front of him .. she wouldn't likely get much of a reaction.

If push came to shove, however, she'd let them both know anyway.

Regardless, Naoto kept silent until all of them were outside. "They found someone dead near the school." she finally confessed, beginning to help walk the two home.

Nanako blinked then gasped. Hadn't this been how everything had started all those years ago?

But ... Adachi's in jail. How?

Her body shook as she quickened her pace, not wanting to get left behind.

Yosuke let out a long sigh. Looking at Chie he was kind of worried about her, but it was getting late, and they just didn't have much to go on at this point. It was going to rain tonight, and so if the other world was involved then at least they could go about making sure that it wasn't involved. He was a little worried about why it didn't work He felt a little annoyed and even a tad angry with the fact that nothing ever seemed to go well for him.

"Damn it. I wish there was more we could do." He said shaking slightly in anger. It made no sense that the T.V. hadn't worked, but at the same time what did they really know about the other world? In the long run only Adachi really understood how to control the other world but he was in jail. Yosuke shook his head as he recovered.

He turned to Chie looking at her for a moment giving her a soft sigh. "Want me to walk you home?" He asked lightly. He didn't want to overstep his boundries but at the same time he also didn't want to be alone right now. Not to mention that He didn't really want to be alone. One thing was for sure though he didn't feel like Inaba was going to be boring again this year, but then he also felt terrible that part of him still had this desire to be entertained at any cost it was selfish yet even after confronting it there was still part of him that knew he was just a city kid dying of boredom in the boonies.

Naoki blinked hearing that something like this had happened. Then his eyes widened for a moment and he realized exactly why this concerned him. A body found outside the school district, he had been a little younger back then but now he knew exactly why he was tagging along with Naoto, and Nanako.

"You can't be serious?" His voice was going between fear, and anger and when it suddenly decided that anger was the best possible reaction he flipped his lid.

"This wasn't just any regular murder was it!" He got in front of Naoto, at this point he didn't even know why he was mad, he just knew that he was fuming. This was supposed to be his chance to start over, but of course it followed him. His sisters legacy was all people ever thought about when they heard the name Konishi, and of course someone just had to go and kill again right while he was at the same school. Once word got out he could already see the press trying to hound him. "Let me guess, a woman was strung upside down outside of the school from a transformer. Of course it's happening again, because the cops in this town don't have any fucking balls."

"I know. I .. I do too." Even now, Chie was still confused on what had just happened and why the television seemed to forbid them from entering. Even with the dumb set of glasses, it should have worked. The very first time she had discovered it, Chie didn't even have any spectacles on in the first place. Her gaze lowered to the ground as she tried to think for a few more moments on ideas as to why they hadn't been able to go in. But each failed attempt caused her to get a bit of a headache. It seemed that for the time being, the best they could do was wait and see if anything would show up tonight.

As Yosuke spoke again, she remembered his offer on spending the night with him. "Actually," she began, trying to word it so it wouldn't sound too awkward. After thinking it over for a few moments, she nodded before continuing to speak, "Your offer that you mentioned earlier? About staying with you? Is .. that still available? Because ... suddenly the idea of staying alone doesn't really sound good."

"I .. I'm afraid so. I'm sorry to give such bad news."

As Naoki got in front of her, Naoto stopped. Her eyes showed a mix of sympathy, understanding, and - due to the last few sentences - anger. She stepped forward, closing more distance between the two. Her tone suddenly became gentle yet just a tad strict.

"Look.. it's not that they don't - to quote you - don't have balls. The culprit from last time, however, has stayed behind bars. This .. is very likely to be someone else. So more than anything, we're all confused and trying to figure out how exactly this is repeating. Adachi, to my knowledge, was always alone."

And yet, that idea made her think. Was that even true? It seemed she had yet another reason to check up on the police databases tomorrow. Today, however, she had already promised to watch Nanako.

All the same, Naoto's head nodded to answer his question. "But .. yes. She was found as you said."

Nanako had halted the second Naoto had. For a while, she just listened, hardly able to believe it. She was so confused and even more scared. If Adachi was still in jail, how was this happening again? Looking between Naoki and Naoto, Nanako finally found her voice.

"... Who? Naoto-onee, who was it?"

The question made Naoto's heart stop and sink simultaneously. A long sigh passed her lips before finally, she said the name.

"Rise Kujikawa."

".... No. Rise-onee? Our Rise?"

As Naoto gave an affirmative nod, a fresh set of tears filled in Nanako's eyes. The sight tempted Naoto to follow suit. But .. someone among the three of them needed to be strong so, for now, she refused to let them show. Gently turning Nanako, the detective pulled her into a hug.

"I'm sorry ... we'll get answers. I will for sure no matter what. I promise." she whispered softly.

Yosuke grinned as Chie asked him if she was still allowed to come and spend the night at his place. In truth her being alone is exactly why he had made that offer in the first place. Especially if they were currently a target of someone elses plan. Yosuke gave a quick nod. "Yeah my door will always be open for you Chie, but you know your gonna have to put up with Teddie right?" He said rolling his eyes and knowing exactly how that perverted bear was going to react.

The apartment he had was kinda small even on his and Teddie's salary it was a bit on the side of low end, but there were two bedrooms so it would be easy enough to put Chie up in his room and he would crash in the living room and just use some extra bedding. The more he thought about it the more it seemed like an easy transition. "But if you can put up with a bit of mess, and Teddie's snoring then your welcome to stay with me no problem." He said as he patted Chie hard on the back. "Still do you need to pick up anything from your house?"

Naoki glared at Naoto. The very fact that Adachi was still allowed to live was a problem in his opinion, but rather then say anything out loud he saw how the news of a passing friend was hurting Nanako, and decided to ease off of it. In truth it seemed like this was a bad situation to be caught up with either way, and so he gave a small respectful bow towards Nanako.

Part of him wanted to say something, but he knew from experience that saying anything just rubbed salt in the wound. Everyone around him had always said sorry for his loss, or it must be tragic, it was all vague platitudes that never really seemed to consider what he was actually feeling. Turning he didn't say anything more towards Naoto, as really all he wanted to do was punch her really hard in the face.

'don't kill the messenger' he thought lightly, trying to find somewhere else to put his anger at the situation. Letting out a small sigh he walked off into the fading afternoon after waving his goodbyes.

Chie smiled back. As Teddie got mentioned, she gave an affirmative nod and waved her hand. "Tch, that'll probably be the easiest part, really." Sure, Teddie was .. annoying at times. But if she had to choose between dealing with him or an unknown killer still on the loose, she would gladly take the blonde-haired mascot any other day. Her head glanced up towards the sky as Yosuke inquired if she needed anything from her place.

"Maybe clothes. But first and foremost, shouldn't we grab our stuff from the school? We kinda left everything there. And at least before it closes ... " A slight groan passed her lips. "Hopefully we didn't get any assignments because otherwise, we didn't hear them. At all." Letting the reminder sink in to Yosuke, she then went silent to allow him to ponder on if he wanted to head back even or not. She wouldn't blame him for not wanting to. But it was a habit of hers to get her belongings. Granted, there wasn't anything that she was afraid of being stolen but .. still. Better to take precautions than not.

Despite the brief but still very harsh verbal conflict they had gotten into, Naoto would continue to play the civil card. Unless, of course, he did something rash. There was definitely a look in his eyes which almost suggested he was thinking on it. And if he really wanted to, let alone in front of Nanako, so be it. There were tos of other perks with being in the police task force. While Naoto didn't use them often, she was trained in hand-to-hand combat. And she almost always had her gun on her. She'd been given a legal license to carry it around ever since the last set of incidents two years ago.

Of course, she never used the firearm unless it was really needed. But all the same, the point was still there. The detective could definitely hold her own when push came to shove.

As Naoki waved farewell, she did the same back, looking back down to Nanako after the boy had left.

"So ... you now know why I'm going to stay with you, correct?"

Nanako managed a small nod before finally looking up towards Naoto. " .. I don't understand. Who? Why?"

The detective sighed as she shook her head. "I'm not sure. But I promise, we'll find those details out. I've already got several ideas going through my head on where to start gathering information. So don't worry about that. For now ... let's get home before it rains too badly."

Sniffling lightly, Nanako began trying to wipe the tears from her eyes as she continued heading home with Naoto. The rest of the walk would be silent. It was obvious the poor girl was still in shock, maybe a bit of denial even. But her mood had gone from content and happy as it'd been this morning to the very opposite, bordering a major depression even.

Yosuke practically smacked himself in the face when he realized he had forgotten his bike, and his bag on school grounds. Turning around and walking with Chie towards the school he felt a little dumber for jumping ahead and rushing to conclusions. "It's a half day today, and the first day of school. No teacher assigns work that early." Yosuke was rather confident though any look at his grades would tell you that it wouldn't have mattered even if he got the assignments or not.

The walk back to the school was brisk with the rain refusing to let up as it only seemed to go from light showers to worse, and then back to light showers, never really stopping battering the two of them with either cold winds or wet rain. Creating strong april showers that soaked the two of them as they walked. Yosuke himself was left shivering by the time they got to the school and going back up to their classroom.

Their teacher was nowhere to be seen at this point probably running off the moment that School had gotten out considering. Walking back to the classroom he grabbed his bag, and shook himself feeling wet and cold. As he turned to leave he looked around the room. Yosuke let out a long sigh, as he found his stuff. At least none of it had been stolen. Looking around he felt an eerie cold running through the building for a moment but shrugged it off as just the rain on his skin. "I so need to get home and get a change of clothing. He said lightly, turning towards Chie who was probably having the same issue.

Naoto's cellphone gave a ring, and the police stations number scralled across it's caller I.D. when she answered it the voice of Ryotaro on the other side called in. "Naoto, we've been doing a bit of retracing on Rise Fujikawa's doings, and it seems like she went missing about a week ago, apparently the last person she talked too was Naoki Konishi, we got a report they had a bit of a heated argument. It may be nothing, but I'd like to put him in for questioning. I'm getting the warrents printed up pretty much right now."

There was no doubt in Ryotaro's mind that it made sense to him. Naoki kills someone in a fit of passion and anger, and then stashes the body until he can make it seem like the same kind of death as his sister. True there was no real proof on that first bit, the body came back negative for determining the cause of death, but in that thick fog they had earlier it would have been easy for just about anyone to stash the body before even walking to school. It was a theory he wanted to investigate, and it would have answered a lot of questions.

"Some would argue that at least for the seniors, it shouldn't matter. However, given the incident .. you're probably right about nothing being given out."

Needless to say, Chie couldn't help but think about the day - mainly regarding Rise - all the way back to school. Even as she arrived and grabbed her backpack then started the trek towards Yosuke's place, most of her thoughts were still with her fallen comrade.

What a crappy time for Yu to be gone ..

Would it even make a difference? Honestly, maybe not. This murder still may have happened, with or without Yu. The mere thought made her spirits sink further. At the rate things were going, Naoto would be their most likely way to get more immediate leads. She would have mentally agreed on Dojima but ... he had always been adamant on the team never getting involved. It hadn't been until Nanako had been dragged into the mess two years ago that Dojima even began to appreciate their efforts.

Chie would never dare say it to his face, but his reactions had seriously annoyed her. It was a good reason she had declined the offer of walking Nanako. Initially, she had been given the opportunity. But ... Chie would have been much more likely to have an outburst with Ryotaro and then ... well .. things would only get worse for her.

Her head eagerly nodded in agreement, only to realize they were going to Yosuke's place. That being said, she didn't have any spare clothes on her. "... Um ... Yosuke? You got any spare robes of any kind that I can change into when we get there?" Her hands gently wrapped around her arms as she held herself, trying desperately to stay as warm as possible.

Naoto had literally just walked through the door with Nanako when her cell phone rang. Pulling it out of her pocket, she blew a few blue bangs away from her eyes as she answered and placed the phone to her ear. Her right hand gave a gesture which silently suggested Nanako should go and work on anything she needed to, or go watch television. Just as long as she didn't hear the talk.

Thankfully, Nanako didn't need to be told twice as she headed into the living room while Naoto stayed near the kitchen, listening and re-thinking on everything Ryotaro was saying.

About a minute would pass before Naoto sighed softly then finally spoke.

"With all due respect, Dojima-san, he walked with me and Nanako on the way to and from school. I ... I don't think this is the right lead. Please, stop the warrants. He wouldn't have been able to easily rendezvous with us and not have any blood or hints that he did this. If anything .. I've been contemplating tracing things back to ... to Adachi. More specifically, if he stayed alone or not. But ... Naoki-kun is definitely not the right lead."

Even with the brief outburst he gave her, it didn't seem like he would be able to have a temper so bad that it'd cause him to want to actually kill someone.

Her voice lowered a tad in volume, mainly as a precaution to keep it hidden from Nanako. At the same time, it held a slightly firm tone; not in a demanding way but more along the lines of trying to negotiate and insist that this was definitely the wrong path to take.

Yosuke grabbed his bike walking it along side him as he walked with Chie in the rain. His home wasn't that far from the school, and as the two of them walked down the road his mind drifted lightly back towards the morning and towards having Chie with him. Before all of this insanity had began. His thoughts drifted slightly as they walked down the all too familiar road towards his home.

Then Chie asked a question that he hadn't been prepared for.

For the first time today since seeing the body, Yosuke's face lit up at hearing Chie ask if he had something she could wear. This was like a golden oppertunity to see Chie in just about any clothing he owned, and it showed on his face that his mind was quickly jumping through all the perverted scenarios that he could imagine.

"I'm sure we can find something for you."

Yosuke's tone was devious and a little plotting as he went through his mind and tried to scower his room for something that wouldn't quiet fit Chie, or make her seem a little more feminine or just in general something he would never really see her wear in any other situation. Sadly however his home didn't have much. There was Teddie's pink bathrobe but that was hardly going to hide anything, the Alice costume Teddie used in that cross dressing compitition, but that covered too much.

Shaking his head at this point he was half tempted to just hide all the bathrobes and just hand Chie a towel to wrap around herself. All the while his planning grin was clearly showing on his face as they walked towards the door of his home walking up to his home he put the bike outside and started to walk up the poor condition stairs that lead to the second floor apartment that he and Teddie shared.

"Maybe Teddie would have something that pervert has probably been holding onto something." Yosuke was thinking aloud at this point.

Ryotaro didn't seem as convinced as Naoto about the identity of the killer. especially when she mentioned Adachi. "Adachi has been on good behavior ever since he got locked away. Not to mention he is in a high security prison serving out a life sentence, everyone in his cell block is a lifer so I can't really put it on any of them." He said passively.

"Naoki Konishi was the last person to see or talk to Rise alive. That at the least makes him a person of interest, if not a suspect. actually." He paused for a moment as he thought about something. "Now that you mention it back then Adachi was with me on call when the first two victims were found dead. We even examined the first crime scene together." How did Adachi end up stringing that body up in the telephone wires if he had been down at the station taking calls?

Shaking his head he decided to pass it off. That case had a lot of holes in it. The only theory that really peiced everything together was the crazy one about an alternate world inside a T.V. and no court would have ever been able to convict Adachi if they had kept to that crazy ass story. "Anyway i'm sending out some of my guys, and joining in the hunt, tell Nanako i'm gonna be out late tonight working."

Back
Top Bottom