Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Medieval Fun Time Land (the musical)

Squishypink

Supernova
What up bitches! I noticed a distinct lack of medieval RP happening and no shortage of interest in said topic. This is being carried over from a previous thread that actually wasn't going anywhere. So let's get an interest check, who's in for sum happy fun times in ye olde era?

Quests!
Chivalry!
Sex!
Shadowy NPCs in a tavern!
Shadowy NPC sex!
Monsters!
Angry monsters!
Shit son, calm down!
Angry monster sex!
Genre awareness!

Post in this thread if you're interested in getting your chainmail on. I want to go with a vaguely fantastic setting with a low magic level (nobody going magical super saiyan or anything like that). Everyone's free to do whatever the hell they want and hit the fourth wall with a sledgehammer if the mood suits you.

With Squishy at the helm, I've no doubt that that'll happen. :)

I'm in!

I made a graphic.

f827ab19-a91a-45e3-8040-caa2a1626f6c_zpsc74fc174.jpg

You...made...a graphic...? I love you.

Okay, this is definitely enough interest, though I'll admit I'm disappointed that Duchess Angrypants hasn't shown up yet. I'll get a character thread up and then make a thread in the main section.

Squishypink said:
You...made...a graphic...? I love you.

Okay, this is definitely enough interest, though I'll admit I'm disappointed that Duchess Angrypants hasn't shown up yet. I'll get a character thread up and then make a thread in the main section.

As your attorney I recommend that you do not get involved in your own roleplay.

Gelid, isn't Morale done on a 2d6 roll so it'd max at 12? Fairly certain that's how it's done in the AD&D which you look to be using since you have descending AC and THACO.

Also firearms did exist in the medieval period, they were just very primitive. Bell forgers were some of the first to be commissioned to cast cannon barrels.

I have a slight interest in this, but I'd like to know more of the setting.

The setting is whatever you want to make of it. I'm not big on limiting the players, and if you look in the main thread I've allowed for an Open-GM policy where every individual player can exert limited control over the game world. Play with it, massage it, and make it the way you want it as long as you stay more or less within the very basic game rules (all of which are in place to limit god-mode players, whom I hate with a fiery passion like a thousand exploding suns).

Alright. Any details on the immediate area that you set things in if not the wider world?

I just have to ask, it's in my nature to question settings when considering characters. Just something about making them in a vacuum that sets my mind on edge.

So much rust has gathered in my words, I want to slake them loose.

Nihilistic_Impact said:
Alright. Any details on the immediate area that you set things in if not the wider world?

I just have to ask, it's in my nature to question settings when considering characters. Just something about making them in a vacuum that sets my mind on edge.

So much rust has gathered in my words, I want to slake them loose.

Well, the tavern where Bluefoot and I have just wandered into is on the outskirts of the city of Averndell, which is in every way a delightfully generic quest hub and capitol city of some as-yet unnamed nation that seems to have a thriving adventure-based economy. Maniacal dark powers are uncommonly common, and there's something in the water that makes everyone just a little too frisky for their own good. Perhaps the most peculiar thing about the locale is that every school has a mandatory course on genre awareness to help the average folk understand their roles as NPCs and to help them fill out their individual fantasy trope with a little extra gusto. The world is ruled by not one but a seemingly endless number of scatterbrained deities who rule from beyond the fourth wall and slather their haphazard edicts across the firmament in holy brackets.

Posted my book of a profile. Is it in bad form to post the profile before you confirm your interest? I am not used to group rps, so forgive my savagery.

Eh. Open RPs are kind of free form. I don't think anyone really cares much about how you go about joining in, just jump in wherever you want. Everyone's character sheets are fun reads :3

Nihilistic_Impact said:
Gelid, isn't Morale done on a 2d6 roll so it'd max at 12? Fairly certain that's how it's done in the AD&D which you look to be using since you have descending AC and THACO.

Also firearms did exist in the medieval period, they were just very primitive. Bell forgers were some of the first to be commissioned to cast cannon barrels.

I have a slight interest in this, but I'd like to know more of the setting.

My character is based on the 2nd edition Monstrous Manual entries (the joke here being that Vivi is so boss she has a monster stat block instead of a character sheet), and they use a 20 scale. I don't know all the other intricacies of 2e AD&D work since I've never played it, only read the setting books and monster compendiums.

Hmm, I have that book, well the first one at least. This is moving at quite a pace.

A lot of elves too... Quin would be at home.

Back
Top Bottom