Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Finding the Three Lost Angels: Faith, Hope, and Love (Yuna & Malin's 1x1)

LadyYunaFFX2

Pulsar

A pair of semi-shaking hands were holding onto one of the many rails attached to the ferry. Were one to take a closer glance, they would find the figure of a clearly new student, one with purple hair and sky blue eyes. The foreign hair color had, from what the young maiden could assume, been the main thing which caused people to give her odd looks.

But truth be told, it was better that they ignorantly stare upon the violet locks than ever find out she wasn't human in the first place.

Yes, not human. She was far from it and no one except the teenager knew her actual identity. She was, in fact, a reincarnation of the seraphim card Wingweaver. How she had come to exist was beyond her memory though she assumed it was something akin to how humans procreated. What was more unnerving and simultaneously unnatural was how she had left the Spirit World.

When Judai Yuki entered, he never exactly took any measures to keep anyone else from entering or leaving. And with the latter being noticed by many of the fairies and angels, Esyel had been sent out to ensure that no one else had noticed the exposed exit. Or, if they had, she would pinpoint which spirits and report back as soon as she could. It'd be easy enough to get back into the Obelisk hot springs.

While Esyel had been told her deck had potential for her to be in Obelisk, she had been placed in Slifer Red for a motive she couldn't understand. Ah well. From what she had heard, it may honestly be the best choice for herself. It would be the easiest way to keep from having too much attention and sets of eyes upon her ... right?

It'd all depend on whether anyone still believed the stereotype of all the respective colors and what they meant for each dorm.

A weary sigh passed Esyel's lips as she leaned against the rail. Her right hand snuck out from under her jaw as it fell against her side. A small smile crossed her face as she felt her deck against her hip, secured tightly in a pouch. Since she was the reincarnation of an angel herself, it was only natural that Esyel had a fairy deck herself. It was good to feel and know that regardless of whether she was in or out of the Spirit World, her comrades were always nearby to help protect her.

True, it was a slightly odd thought for lower-ranked angels to protect a Seraphim. But it wasn't an impossible concept.

Her head quickly shook from side to side, making purple locks move in the process. As the blue orbs glanced ahead, she could see the island steadily coming closer into view. Within minutes, the ferry would make landfall and she would be at the Duel Academy that had quite a bit of history and stories behind it.

The thought of being an official student soon made her heart race wildly in her chest. She hadn't been in the world of the humans for very long. Hopefully she could try to act as if she were one of them and thus belonged here.

Akiyama was a returning student to duel academy. Part of a wealthy family it was hard to know which of the two ways Taiga had gotten into Obelisk Blue, but he had gotten in. Most people Hardly seemed to notice the boy, he was far more quite and contained then the rest of the Obelisk blue dorm, and a little less arrogant. However instead of putting him outside of most others, these traits caused him to blend into the background even for a returning student.

Walking out onto the boats bow, he saw a young woman with purple hair. She looked familiar for a moment, but he passed it off, a lot of people had odd traits, and she probably dyed it. He wasn't gonna judge for something like hair color, or even the fact that she was wearing the red dorm uniform. He had learned long enough ago that he wasn't gonna judge because of that. The most talented student to come out of this school was after all a Slipher Red.

"We will be at the Island soon." He commented with a rather soft voice. Taking a deep breath he loved the ocean, the scent of water, and the feeling of the breeze on his face, but the depths of the water hid many mysteries, and many monsters lurked in the darkness. Growing up he had fallen in love with the ocean and stories about fish larger then most tankers.

"First year here? My name is Akiyama." He said briefly as he stood next to her feeling the waves rock the boat as they moved ever forward. This was the kind of thing he really enjoyed having the fresh sea water in his hair. His soft brown eyes searched the girl, he couldn't imagine why but he swore he had seen her before somewhere. Still He eventually shook it off, rather looking out into the horizon, the island was just a speck among the vastness of the ocean, but they would be getting ever closer.

He didn't know if the girl was going to respond but he may as well get to know some of the new people around the school. He had already gone a year without learning much about the other students. There were some he had recognized the top students in the school, the strongest competors, all the people he had dueled with, and either beaten or lost too, but aside from two or three, there hadn't been much talent to last years batch. Rather this year he had the feeling that something big was going to happen.

He didn't let it show on his face, but there was little doubt in Akiyama's mind that he was excited. He couldn't wait to get back to the academy.

Esyel's mind had been lost in thought, shifting from flashback to flashback. Most of them were all good but they also tended to include her being in the Spirit World. Thus, it was fair to assume that she was indeed slightly homesick. Her head shook from side to side as she tried to snap herself out of the thoughts. She was needed in the here and now, not back there. Besides, maybe living here wouldn't be too bad. Maybe she could at least adapt well enough to carry out her mission for the angels?

You have to. They're relying on you ...

The reminder of why she was even here to begin with made Esyel bite on her lower lip. She had been so lost in thought that when Akiyama finally spoke to her, the poor girl jumped a bit. Her head turned quickly as she met the new set of hazel eyes beside her.

"Ah ... sorry. I've never been around water before. I didn't realize it was so easy to get lost in thought while you stared out at the ocean."

Her cheeks turned slight but noticeable shades of red. She must have sounded like a damn fool. But it wasn't a half-assed lie. If anything, it had been a truthful fib, if there was such a thing as those.

Her head gave an affirmative nod as she glanced back at the sea, not wanting to seem as if she were awkwardly staring at the boy. "I am, yes. Is it that obvious? Well ... I probably stick out among the crowd huh?" At least the first human she was meeting was trying to be civil. That was definitely a pleasant blessing she was receiving. She'd heard of rumors and duelists who were the exact opposite, going to extremely cruel and corrupt measures which all but ensured they would get what the wanted. There had been tons of people who had been just like that and supposedly attended the Academy; or that was what the various rumors had said.

But Esyel knew those rumors weren't just bad stories that people would hope were false. Some were actually true. The spirit of the Winged Kuriboh from her deck had relayed many of the events which occurred to Judai Yuki to the other angels also. Needless to say, some of the people and happenings were .... incredibly disturbing or even disgusting in some form or fashion.

Her head quickly shook again as she forced her focus to go back to Akiyama. "I'm sorry. It's a really bad habit of mine. I'm not trying to come off as rude though. I'm Esyel Yatsumi." Her head turned once again as she offered the boy a small smile. "Nice to meet you. So ... you're not a first year then?" He had seemed to know how to navigate around the ferry. Also, though, the fact he had been able to pinpoint she was a new student suggested he was likely an older student despite his young appearance.

"What's it like in the Academy anyway? Or would it be easier if I just waited to find out for myself?" She added.

Akiyama let out a laugh as he leaned up against the railing, for a moment. He knew the feeling of being lost in thought when it came to the ocean. He loved that feeling though it was always a little dangerous. "Careful to not get to lost in thought, the ocean is deep and full of terrors." He said with a small grin. "Fall into the waters, and you may end up drowning." He said with a small snicker it was always a little fun to tease the new kids, but he was quick to resume his quiet demenor.

It was easy to spot the new kids, they always looked inexperienced, and he remembered having the same experience last year as he had came to the island. Looking off into the distance as though his life had completely changed just by getting into the acadamy. It was a high honor school, even the Slipher Reds had earned their way in.

"I just remember looking like that from last year." He said kindly now that he was done with his teasing. The real sea monsters were in his deck, sadly actual Kaiju were few in numbers, the best this world has to offer was whales, and sharks. Which were magnificent in their own right, but compared to his friends they left the real world something to be desired.

"If you fall in with good people the Acadamy is a blessing. You will learn more from the people around this island then you ever would from the classes. Take the chance to make friends, and you will do wonderfully, and it took me a while to learn, but your greatest weapon here isn't so much the duel disk or your deck, but rather the PDA." He said digging through his pockets and pulling out the small cellphone\desktop assistant. "Contact information, email, time scheduler and mp3. Kaiba corps greatest invention, and every student gets one. Guard it with your life." He shrugged going back to the view on the boat and put his pda back into his pocket. "Aside from that you will just have to see everything for yourself. Slipher Red dorms are well... rustic compared to the other houses, but i'm sure you will enjoy them all the same."

Admittedly, the thought of drowning did make Esyel a bit uneasy. Then again, her real form had wings, six of them at that rate. That was one thing which kept her from having a panic attack. The other? When she saw the small grin cross Akiyama's face. But what truly sealed the deal, as it were, was him even admitting he was joking when all was said and done. Her own smile crossed her face as she waved a hand, dismissing the matter.

"It's .. fine. I need to learn much more than just dueling tactics. Communication is a major one. I've been ... mostly alone for a good part of my life. So I'm not really good with talking to others."

Another half-truth and half-life but still accurate enough to apply to her. She hadn't been raised by any actual parents. Rather, Esyel had grown up around many of the angel and fairy spirits within her actual domain. But it was also correct to say that aside from speaking with her own kin, she wasn't very good with talking with others.

As he went on to give his input on how the Academy could be, Esyel managed a small nod. "Thank you. I'll keep all of that in mind. The PDA had looked ... almost like it didn't belong when I first saw it. But I suppose it makes more sense now that you point it's purpose out." Her own was secured within her luggage, hidden away in a place only she would even try to look for it. Her head glanced up to the sky upon hearing the word 'rustic'. Her mind tried to define it but nothing was coming to her.

"Well ... if push comes to shove, I've heard transfers are possible. But even that's a questionable idea for me. I don't like much attention being put on me and I've heard - no offense - that's one thing the Obelisk dorms are infamous for. People tend to naturally have or force the spotlights upon themselves. Do feel free to correct me, however, if I'm wrong with that." Her eyes went from looking up to back in front of her, and in good time. The island was becoming more and more clear to see. It'd be a matter of moments now before she'd become an official student. It was an exciting and simultaneously intimidating thought.

Akiyama smiled lightly as she seemed to understand he was joking though he blinked when she said that she had been alone most of her life. He understood how that felt after all he himself blended into the crowd nicely and was often left alone for most of the day. It was slightly sad to hear then that this girl was in the same way where she was left alone. Though it seemed odd she at least was a girl with fine looks.

"I undrrstand how that can be, and actually transfers are rather rare. It's often seemed as shameful for a member of a higher dorm to go down in ranking, and there are many barriers to prevent people with lower status getting into one of the elite dorms. Normally when you get your coat that's the coat you will wear for the rest of your life here at the academy." He said shrugging slightly. It was true that transfers did happen, but usually only the top 3% in any given dorm were actually gifted with the ability to transfer up.

Akiyama blushed slightly when he heard about how the blues preferred to take the spotlight. Maybe that was true in some cases but he personally hated it. He always ended up choking in exams because the entire student body watched him, he was in Obilesk Blue more for his practical field evaluations then his over all test scores. It was a problem he needed to work on. "I wouldn't say we are all like that... but there are some. Just like I wouldn't say that all Slipher Reds are slackers who use this place as an excuse." He said lightly.

Akiyama watched the boat approaching the island with a face of eager anticiapation for a moment before he turned to her. "Your face is very familiar you know that? I feel like we have met somewhere before, but at the same time I can't put a finger on it." He said looking at her for a moment. He didn't know what it was, but he felt like maybe he had lost to her once in the past? It was possible somewhere down the line someone could have used her face in a duel... He was however dead certain there was some kind of connection for a moment before giving up. "I give up sorry."

"Well ... like I said. We'll see how everything goes, hm?" She had pondered on adding something about fate being an odd thing but decided against it. He probably didn't believe in it for one and two, she was still trying to keep herself discreet. Saying such odd things would only get the attention she literally just spoke of not desiring be placed right on her. It wouldn't only be her words that would need to be carefully selected either. There were her actions and .... oh lords. The more Esyel realized just how difficult this chore truly would be, the faster a set of butterflies began to flutter around in her stomach. Maybe not literally but it almost felt like it for a few seconds.

Her face paled ever so slightly upon hearing him bring up her face.

Oh gods, no! Not now, too soon!

Thankfully, he gave up on trying to guess, making her inwardly sigh in relief. A small smile managed to cross her face as she turned in time to see the island drawing even nearer. "I ... get that a lot." Esyel merely replied, resting her chin upon her hands.

All the while, Akane had been scouting and watching various talks. When she had come across Akiyama, however, the sight had intrigued her. But perhaps more than that was the aura around the girl he was speaking with. She had been leaning against a wall, still out of sight from the two but able to hear their talk. She'd taken occasional peeks. And between the girl's looks and what she was feeling ... Akiyama was correct. Somehow, she was familiar.

But it'd be no fun to spoil that surprise on the first day. Besides, she could inform one of the few people who were higher up than her in Obelisk Blue. He'd definitely like the news and hell, who knew? It may help out their true plans for this year go along even more smoothly.

For now, however, she'd play the gentle, sisterly card she'd been using since last year.

Pushing herself off from against the barrier, she walked into view of the two, adorning her face with a fake smile. "Hey there, Akiyama-kun. Working a bit fast there, aren't you?" She teased, reaching into her backpack and rummaging through it. "He's kinda right though, miss. You do have a familiar face of sorts. But if you get that from everyone ... " Akane shrugged, deciding to bring up something that her powers had told her was a definite truth about the new figure.

"You've got an innocent look about you. So .. you're something like a fairy user, hm?"

Eysel blinked but nodded, her attention having shifted to Akane since she made herself known. "Um .. yes. How ... ??"

Akane merely smiled, closing her backpack after producing a piece of paper in her hands. "Like I said. You have that type of look to you." Ah the beauty of being able to lie and keep her power hidden away. "Here. They don't always give these to the new students and I didn't need mine last year."

As the paper was exchanged, both Akiyama and Esyel would see it to be a map of the school. After a brief moment of studying the parchment quietly, Esyel's head moved slowly from side to side. "No. No, I didn't get one of these. Thank you."

"Heh, I figured as much. Rather foolish of them. With all the stories behind the Academy's past, you'd hope they wouldn't want anymore students going missing. Anyways ... might wanna back away. We should arrive in about a minute and unless you two were intending on going for a swim together .... " Akane let the sentence trail off as she grabbed a rail beside her, preparing to hold on.

".... Hm?" Esyel's gaze went from the new Obelisk student to back in front of her once again. Sure enough, she saw and understood the warning and followed suit. After moving back a few steps, she took hold of a rail.

Another few moments passed before an impact was felt. Finally, the ferry hand landed and was beginning to make the necessary preparations for all of the pupils to get off and head to their respective dorms for the day.

Akiyama blinked hearing a new voice enter the fray. He turned to see Akane, and smiled towards her. He knew her well enough to know that she was a helpful, and normally well intentioned member of his class and year. Though their interactions had been limited. He nodded when he was told they were about to land, and braced himself instead of moving from the edge. Truth was he had plenty of experience on boats and the ocean. As the ship shuddered and they came to land he took a relaxed breath and looked out over Duel academy island.

So Esyel was a fairy type user, that was cute in it's own right. He had never really considered Fairy Type decks, but then again his decks were all of the ocean and sea. Aqua, Serpent, and fish he was the Kaiju summoner. He did however laugh. "I should have guessed fairy. Something about her seems to fit right in with it as a theme." He said out loud, but mostly too himself. Shaking his head. "Well now that we are here, I guess that means we will be stepping into the arena some time. I look forward to eventually seeing what you have to offer in a duel. Till then however would you like me to show you where the Red Dorms are?"

Turning towards Akane as he started to walk off the boat and onto the docks. "It's nice too see you Akane-chan. I will be back at the dorm soon, but I want to take my time getting back to Obelisk blue. Save some dinner for me if you can." He said lightly walking alongside Esyel rather than Akane. He didn't know if the other member of his class had any plans, but she had always seemed rather busy last year. That and Akane had always seemed more than capable of handling herself. He didn't worry about her, and really now that he had thought about it he hardly remembered her loosing any duels last year.

Also stepping off the same boat was a second member of Slifer red. the young man looked over the three companions and was seemingly distracted for a moment before he fell down the stairs and onto the hard wood dock below.

Tohru got steadily too his feat, feeling his head swimming in pain. He was a first year student much like Esyel, and he was also Akane's younger brother. He rubbed the back of his head as he walked forward. popping up in between Akane and the new girl. "Onee-chan you really shouldn't leave people so suddenly." He said with a slight pout.

He had gotten in thanks in part to his own work, but was far less talented then his sister. He admired her, and was more then happy to live in her shadow though. Turning towards the new girl he gave a quick smile. "Hey looks like we are going to be dorm buddies!" He said quickly shaking her hand. "I'm Tohru Hyoumitsu."

Just as Akiyama may have guessed, Akane was indeed the first to step off. She briefly stopped, however, upon hearing her sibling speak up. A sly smirk crossed her face as she gave him a shrug. "You're too slow. Besides, when have I ever been good at staying still for long periods of time? You should have expected this from me." True, she was technically in charge of Tohru and that alone could have caused a lot of trouble. But now that both herself and her brother had found another Slifer, the worry of him running into any ... rogue students was gone. That had been another reason she gave Esyel the map. If anyone was going to rough her up and get answers, it'd be Akane. But anyone else? Nu-uh, not without some sort of collaboration.

"You know that's never an issue, Akiyama. But sure, I can do that. Ototo ... stay with Esyel. I'll see you all in class if not sooner." And indeed she headed back to the Obelisk dorms after giving him a bow of her head. Right now, she needed to think. While she should head back to her ... boss of sorts, Akane wanted to do some silent contemplation. It wasn't just the aura that had made her wonder about Esyel. But was the fact the girl used a fairy deck out of any others she could have chosen significant somehow?

Plans will probably spring up into action once we get more on her...

Nodding to herself more than anyone else, Akane then vanished out of sight.

Esyel's cheeks flushed slightly. But it was more than enough for anyone to notice. That same attention she'd spoken of had found her anyways. Ah well. At least her identity was safe. That was a blessing in itself. Before she could reply to Akiyama, another voice caught her ears. She turned to see another Slifer. "Ah. It would seem as much. So ... Akane's your sister?"

Even though the elder Obelisk student hadn't introduced herself, the fact Tohru had addressed her as 'onee-chan' was all but a dead giveaway. She didn't have any blood siblings herself but she did know the concept of family. She had one to some degrees back in the Spirit World. Her head shook as she forced herself to forget of home for the time being.

"Nice to meet you. Esyel Yatsumi and ... " Turning back to Akiyama finally, she gave him an affirmative nod. "Please. I'll try to use the maps in the future. But it might be for the best to avoid misreading it somehow." With that, she finally stepped off, walking in between the two men. Her eyes began to take in the full scenery, admiring and remembering where everything was.

So this is it .. where Judai Yuki attended? Gods, so big ...

Even with the intimidating appearance, it held a mix of an unknown source of both beauty and fear. Her head tilted slightly, curious on where exactly the latter was coming from. Was it only the rumors on things and events he'd endured during his years there? Or was there more no one else had even known about?

Well ... that was one damn good reason she had been sent here; to find such things out.

Her feet began to move as she followed in toe with the guys, knowing each step would get her closer to beginning her official mission among many other milestones.

Akiyama walked happily along side the two slifer reds. He hadn't known that Akain had a younger brother but considering how she always acted like a sisterly figure and just how clumsy her Slifer red brother acted she most definitely had practice. It made sense that she had someone like Tohru in her life, and he just shrugged off the reveal as he walked with the two of them to find their dorm. Thankfully their dorm was the closest to the docks, and also the furthest from the academy. Sadly though The Obilesk blue dorm was on the other side of the island altogether. Which meant he was really going out of his way too visit their dorm.

Watching as Akane vanished for a moment Akiyama had a small shiver run up and down his spine. "They need too add more material to these jackets." He said lightly as he felt a breeze run through him for a moment. Turning towards the two of them on the other hand he continued to lead them up the crags and towards the slifer red dorm.

"Students aren't really supposed to be allowed into the other dorms, so I can only take you as far as the entrance to the Red Dorm." He said lightly. He wasn't used to talking as much as he had. He felt kind of odd as it was being so friendly. He was usually more closed off, but something about Esyel made him feel like talking. ~Probably because she was really cute~

Tohru smiled and nodded lightly when Esyel asked him if he was Akane's younger brother. "She is my older sister." He had always been overshadowed by his sisters talent, but at the same time he had hardily cared about that. She had earned the right to be talented, and really there was no comparison between him and Akane. "It should be pretty obvious just from our colors which one of us got the talent in the family."

Akiyama sighed walking between the two of them. The obelisk blue had his eyes oddly transfixed on Esyel. There was still something noticable about her that he couldn't really pin down on the two of them. "You two should be careful when it comes to walking around the island alone. Last year there were a few students who disappeared on the island, actually.. apparently it happens every year." He said coyly.

"They say that the island is haunted, and that there are places where if you take a wrong step spirits could whisk you away... If you believe that kind of thing."

Many times during the walk, Esyel felt herself zoning out. This time, though, her thoughts never went back to home. In fact, they didn't really focus on any single thing. All she did know was her heart was racing from all the attention. It was a new and foreign thing for her to experiencing. While it made her incredibly anxious, it was making her happy to some extents. She wouldn't have wanted to be completely alone during her stay at the Academy. So this interaction between herself, Akiyama, and Tohru was a form of reassurance that she definitely wouldn't be. Luckily, the sound of either male speaking up was more than enough for Esyel to shift back to reality and focus on the men beside her.

"That so? Well, thanks all the same, Akiyama-san." It seemed a bit odd to Esyel that the other students weren't typically allowed to be allowed in the other dorms. Then again, she had been raised with fairies. So it was typical for her to be around many others. Then again, however, this was a school. It had it's rules and obligations, somewhat akin to the Spirit World. But this area seemed to be far more strict on what they enforced as opposed to what her hometown did.

Her head quickly shook no upon hearing Tohru speak. "I don't think the colors matter, personally. I was told I had potential - and was supposed to even - be in Obelisk. But they didn't place me there. I ... I don't get it either." She added, chuckling nervously.

But more than anything it else, it was the last few sentences from Akiyama that grabbed her attention and made damn well sure she continued to focus on the here and now.

"Last year there were a few students who disappeared on the island, actually.. apparently it happens every year."

They say that the island is haunted, and that there are places where if you take a wrong step spirits could whisk you away... If you believe that kind of thing."

So ... there are other spirits here maybe? Or was that just an analogy?

Regardless, that sense of duty she'd been feeling and given before leaving the Spirit World strengthened upon hearing those words. She stayed quiet before giving Akiyama another nod. "I'll keep that in mind. Thank you again." With that, she continued on toward the red dorm, restraining herself from biting on her lower lip. The news of students vanishing had been one of the few things she hadn't heard of; well not that it had been recent. She knew it had occurred while Judai was a student. But not that it had happened even as of last year. There was clearly more going on than she'd been informed of.

It was a good and bad thing. The angels hadn't been as overly paranoid as she'd thought at first. But now, she was stuck in the middle of a human affairs that she probably shouldn't be involved with in the first place. And from what she was hearing of it, this was incredibly dangerous. Was she even the right person to choose? The confidence she'd had on the ferry was gradually being replaced by doubts and second thoughts as a knot formed within her stomach.

Akiyama smiled and stopped as they entered the path of the Slifer Red Drom. He couldn't actually go any further than this without getting in some kind of trouble. Not that it would have mattered much, being the first day of school he probably would have been fine, and that rule was more about coming into the dorm uninvited. Still he had his own way to walk back for now. The Obelisk blue dorm was on the other side of Duel Academy Island.

He placed a quick hand on Esyel's shoulder when she seemed more then confused and almost as if her confidence was starting to waver. "Don't worry, You will do more then fine at the academy and if you ever need any help or advice please come and talk to me. I am at your service." He said with a small nod, letting her know that there was nothing to really fear around them. The school was dangerous yes, but he had this odd feeling that she was more then capable of doing things on her own for now.

Turning Akiyama walked away leaving Tohru there with the other member of his year.

Tohru looked at the Slifer Red Dorm, it looked little more then a roach hotel, and about as clean. He had heard that the place was a little neglected and out of the way but this made it seem a little more than ridiculous. He blinked after a moment, and let out a sigh. "This is really where we will be living for the next several months." It was honestly hard to imagine anything that looked worse than their little dorm, and what made it worse was that both Akane, and Akiyama would be sleeping in the virtual lap of luxury.

Turning to Esyel he blinked for a moment before the only words that could escape him managed to break through his mouth place. "What a shit hole!" He said with all truth meaning it. Walking up to the dorm he sighed entering into the comunal based cafeteria. It was small, but at least it was a place with food.

Far away and on the other side of the island a young member of Obilesk blue sat in a comfotable chair. His room was practically the top of the dorm, the glass window overlooked the docks, and he saw all of the different boats that were slowly arriving. The window was clean, and reflective and for a moment the reflection that was cast in the mirror had much longer purple hair, and dark blue eyes, he admired the look of his old body, but lies suited him better here. In the spirit world he more powerful than while he was here in the mortal world, but here there was an oppertunity for so much more, and when he had seen his opportunity arise he had taken it.

The reflection quickly replaced it's self fading away for the proper one as he sat back into a chair waiting for a knock to come at his door. When it came he merely turned his chair. "Come in."

An inward sigh of relief echoed in Esyel's head. While she wasn't used to gestures like a hand upon her shoulder, it still felt .. reassuring to her somehow. It definitely began to help with her concerns and anxieties on all that was likely to happen. But the same nagging sensations of something being very amiss were still bothering Esyel. For now, however, she tried desperately to not think of it. Her own smile crossed her face as she glanced back to Akiyama. "Thank you ... " She replied to him. When he was out of sight, her attention went back to the dorms which were steadily coming more and more into view. Her mind tried to race as thoughts on other things to talk tried to go through her mind. But before she could do that, Tohru spoke first.

While she wasn't used to hearing swearing due to having been around angels, his choice of words didn't disgust her like she had thought. Instead, she gave him a soft chuckle. "It's not perfect." she admitted, nodding in agreement. "But ... it is livable. Um .... " She began going through her own bags, seeking out her roster. "Do you have any idea how the dorms work by chance? Or did your sister hint how they do?" It suddenly dawned on her that in terms of where to go now from here in order to find her room that she would reside in, poor Esyel was clueless.

For a while, Akane had relaxed in her own dorm. There weren't many of her material possessions which she had needed to put away once again. But those that needed to be in their proper spots were there now. She had been thinking long and hard, mainly on this year but even more than that, Esyel. However, there had been a specific reason she had given the other girl her map. Anything Akane touched always left behind small bits of psychic residue. And unless someone else was also like her and able to sense things, it always went undetected. But now that Esyel had that map, she could scry on her from afar, all while keeping to her guise. It was the perfect plan, at least in her mindset.

Now, however, Akane was done resting. She'd start out slow but regardless, work did need to be done. And that would begin with informing the only person in the entire Academy she gave any true respect to; Yuu-sama. He was basically the only duelist higher than herself in rank, and for good reason. That alone had more than earned him the appropriate suffix. In Akane's mind and eyes, everyone else was '-san', '-chan', or '-kun', depending on age and gender of course.

Heading out of her room, she made the small trek over to the top of the Obelisk boys' dorm. Only the few idiots who were new or even forgot of Akane gave her odd looks on her presence of being here. A quick glare set them straight, or if they were lucky enough, a more knowledgeable person beside them did as much.

"Fucking idiots .... " She murmured lowly, soon arriving in front of Yuu's door. Moments after the consent was given, she stepped inside.

"Yuu-sama, we --- " She paused, feeling that same aura and energy. Well, it meant one surefire thing; two technically. Akane hadn't lost her touch with detecting such things - thank gods. But more importantly, the two seemed to have a connection of sorts. Her arms went over her chest as she sat across from her classmate, looking at him right through his spectacles and into his eyes.

"We have a new classmate who appears to share a similar aura to yours. That being said, we can likely use her in some form or fashion to help out with the plans. At least I'm pretty sure. However ... mind amusing me with why you have your own, and more importantly, what it means about you?"

All the while, Akane contemplated on how she had missed feeling such a sensation last year. The best assumption was he'd always been able to have his guard up. Prior to now, that was. He hadn't needed any reason to keep whatever she was detecting hidden. And now, Akane had caught onto it. Hopefully he'd be smart enough to avoid trying to bullshit her. When push came to shove, Akane could be quite a physical fighter.

Tohru shrugged. "I know that the obelisk blue dorm is lavish and rich, I've seen pictures. But this place." Tohru had not expected the new living arrangements not by a long shot. Part of him had figured that because he was in the lowest of the dorms that there would have been some kind of down grade, but not like this. He gave a small sigh as the two of them walked into the lunch room, only too see a small buffet of rice, egg, cooked fish, and a few vegatables to go along with it.

Tohru shook his head. There were a few other Slifer red members around but most were talking amongst themselves. The residing teacher on the other hand was no where to be seen. It was odd, but he didn't really question it. "I would imagine that the dorms are gender separated. Girl dorms are probably on one floor and male dorms are on another." He said lightly remembering the letter he had gotten but not the actual floors or the way it worked. Just that genders were kept separate. He knew that Obelisk had a male and female dorm, but they were both practical mansions apparently, and Ra yellow was a manor house with one wing male, and another wing female.

Yuu watched over Akane he wasn't surprised to hear that someone like him was spotted out here in the world. They must have eventually found the passage that he had used to get here. They would have sent someone to investigate if there was anyone out. Which meant this girl was a servant of some other order. That complicated things and would screw with his time table. There was still much hidden in this Academy and he needed more time to unlock everything. Last year he had done his research, and this new pressence meant either someone had learned what he had or someone was sent to bring any other spirit back.

"Akane-chan." He said with a voice that almost sounded sweet. He couldn't lie to her, and then still have her monitor the girl, mor could he abuse akane so openly and still have her trust him. Rather he dismissed her claim at the moment and would get back to that sooner. "Why are you suddenly all business." He said avoiding her question. "Tell me was your summer away from the island pleasant? I'm hearing that your little brother got into Slifer red you must be at least a little proud of him for passing the exam."

He smiled as he leaned backwards into his chair and turned back towards the ocean. "This girl." He said finally getting to business as Akane wanted too. "What deck is she using, and what is her name?" He said with a small smile. He was hoping to subvert her questions with his own, and at the same time not give the answers to the questions Akane wanted to ask.

Esyel's gaze lifted up from her roster to noticing she was now in the cafeteria, more or less. After noting that both the area around them and the menu seemed rather small, her attention went to Tohru. He had seemed so cheerful up until a few moments ago. And the angelic part of her felt like she needed to remedy that somehow. "I think I remember seeing something about a beach on the map. And it's nearby here. If you want to go there for a bit and just ... talk, perhaps?" She offered, deciding the process of packing and putting her possessions could come later. Right now, she felt obligated to work on Tohru's spirits and raising them. She didn't bring it up yet, but according to the map ... there didn't seem to be any distinguishing boys or girls side. The dorms did indeed seem coed. It'd be... awkward to think of.

But that was another reason she was offering the trip to the beach. It'd keep the things which were making her even the slightest bit uneasy off her mind; long enough anyways.

Akane's eyes narrowed slightly as Yuu circumnavigated her question. Her expression showed the last thing the young woman liked was his choice of words that had passed his lips. For now, however, she would play along for one simple reason; with or without him speaking up, Esyel would reveal it all to her eventually. Once she pinpointed what her aura was, it would mean it was the same thing applying to Yuu. Surely he knew that much and hopefully because of that, would reveal the reply before she figured it out herself. But either way, it was a win-win for herself.

"Well enough, I suppose." Akane replied, shrugging lightly. "Home is just that, albeit a bit more empty than most others. Tohru is all I have and vice versa."

Another secret she hadn't revealed to her brother yet. She had lied to him years ago that their parents died in a car crash. That was far from the truth, though. The real cause ... was herself. When her powers awoke, it took a toll on everything and everyone around it. And given her pent up frustrations about them always giving herself and Tohru the 'we need to be at work practically all day' crap ... that did nothing to help her attitude that fateful day.

Oddly enough, though, it had worked out pretty damn well. In fact, Akane was positive that their life had turned for the best since the murder of their parents. They never got to really move forward. And finally, they were starting to do just that, starting with their lives at the Duel Academy. It had been something she had thought of for a while, but now that he was in a place which would push and test him like never before, Akane supposed she would see if Tohru had the same powers as herself. If so, that was another ally of sorts they could use along with Esyel.

Or if needed, two more sources she could force to join. Whatever came first and was the easiest. Time would reveal all these things and as curious as the young woman was, she could wait. Akane had already done so for one year with getting this plan set up and executed; a month or so wouldn't be god awful.

"Well of course I'm proud of him. In regards to why all business ... " she turned, leaning against the window as she looked right into Yuu's eyes. "That's simple. I was under the impression we weren't going to hide anything from one another. I haven't from you, including that I have abilities a normal person shouldn't. And now I sense you have been keeping something concealed from me?" Her head shook no. "It's unacceptable. But, that isn't going to stay hidden away for long. Still, I can't say I'm pleased to have felt this and know that you didn't tell me everything of yourself as I did."

Turning her back to Yuu, she moved a few dark strands away while keeping her red eye still concealed by her bangs. "The girl's name is Esyel Yatsumi and, from what I could detect, she uses fairies."

"A beach?" Tohru's eyes lit up for a moment, it wasn't all that cold yet, in fact this island was practically tropical he doubted that winter even existed in this area. So while the rest of the world froze over and got colder as the seasons when on Duel Academy Island was in the perfect place to remain warm, and while he wasn't shocked to hear that an island completely surrounded by water had a few beaches he had to wonder what the quality of them was.

There did however seem to be worry in her esyel's eyes, and Tohru smiled and nodded. He lived with a girl most of the time any way so co ed dorming was nothing new to him, he was just surprised that there wasn't anything too keep the male and females away from one another. "I'd love to go for a walk with you." He said rather truthfully. Though at the same time he really wanted too eat. Sighing he turned and opened the door for her, "We will come back when the teacher gets in." He said with a small nod.

"Akane~Chan I have not hidden anything from you I assure you." Yuu said as he looked towards her. He knew the girl had powers and he knew that things would be stressful if he couldn't keep her under control, however the last thing he really wanted to do was reveal himself. Getting up from his chair he let out a long sigh. The two of them had done fine work last year, and put into play much of his goals. She was annoyed at him sure, but he didn't really care. The only problem came from the fact that she was too valuable an asset to really annoy.

Hearing that the person they sent after him was a fairy user was... interesting it was the last type of monster he had thought they would have sent, but at the same time it made sense. A lot of the fairy types out there were servants to higher orders, and that made them loyal. He could already guess what they would send after him and this Esyel was certainly no ally of his in this case.

"There are things even you might not believe are possible Akane chan." Pulling out his deck he placed a card on the table between the two of them. The Dark Magician card he ran in his deck of wizards, taking off his glasses his hair color shifted along with his eye color. "I can hide a little better then most, but even my powers are limited, I do not aim to deceive you Akane Chan, but out here my existence is dependent on appearances. If I let everyone gaze into the void as I have done it would be irresponsible of me."

"Now as for this new girl." He said putting back on his glasses his appearance once again becoming human as he put away the card. Giving a small smile. He walked over to a brief case and opened it searching through sets, until he pulled out three sky sanctuaries. "Give these to her, tell her that they are a gift of good luck for the coming year, and ask her to use them. Make sure she puts them in her deck." He said with a rather happy tone she was right that Esyel could be used quite easily. "Oh... and wear gloves when you handle these, they are fresh off, psychic energy can be such a pain when dealing with unique power sources. I wouldn't want you to get hurt."

While Esyel wanted to eat also, she could fast for a few moments. While her primary duty was to scout and ensure no other spiteful Duel Spirits had escaped, she was still an angel. Thus, it was also her job to help others out when possible. Her smile widened to hear that the idea had done it's job and caused Tohru to take up the offer. "Thanks. That does mean a lot, honestly." It was so tempting to shift into her form for a few seconds to fly to their rooms and place the bags in their respective rooms. But .. no. She couldn't do that, not unless it was a desperate situation. At worst, having to carry the luggage was tiring and annoying. But not quite one of the appropriate circumstances that called for her to use her wings in any form or fashion.

Esyel stretched her body out for a bit before beginning to guide Tohru to the beach. Once again, she began to contemplate on topics to talk about. Thankfully, one came quickly to her. "So ... what do you have for a deck? Or do you not want to answer that?" she inquired, moving a few strands of purple hair away with her free hand.

"Hmph. With all due respect, given I'm not exactly normal myself, it'd take a lot for me to not believe in something." Regardless, his words were Akane's cue. No sooner than she turned around did she finally see the truth. She definitely blinked and tilted her head. It was indeed a sight to behold. But she couldn't say this was something she would have deemed impossible. Judai and his comrades had gone into the Spirit World tons of times. She had always been curious why it hadn't been the other way around before, why Spirits hadn't visited the human world? Aside from it supposedly being sealed up pretty damn well.

Clearly, though, something must have happened if Yuu was able to be here. And then, it hit her like a brick.

So ... Esyel's one also?

It made a slight smirk of amusement cross her face. This year would definitely be interesting if nothing else.

"Fair enough." She finally replied to Yuu, nodding in agreement. "But I can't say I find it impossible to believe, as I said earlier." Her eyes went down to the suitcase as he pulled out the cards. Thankfully, part of the uniforms was a set of gloves. Her hands moved to her side, slipped them on, and took a gentle hold of the cards. "So these are meant to do what exactly? More for my knowledge than anything."

Akane would go through with this errand in the morning. Not out of pity; fuck no. It was a small way to get back at Yuu for having waited on telling her about his real identity. Yeah, she was definitely still annoyed, no doubts. But more importantly, there did tend to be at least one or two exhibition duels on the first official day of school. It would seem like the best time to give these to Esyel. Even if she wasn't selected to show herself off at first, Akane would have the chore done and ready for when the right time came.

"Anything else you got for me? Or is that it for now?"

As the two of them walked onto the beach a familiar face was already sitting out in the sand. Akiyama had disappeared on his own, and was sitting around in the sand enjoying the bright sunlight and ocean breeze. He gave the two slifer reds a small smile and a wave showing him that he was not a threat. It was odd that for all his warnings that people needed to stay together and avoid danger he was almost always alone when it came around to his free time. He prefered isolatioin, but at the same time couldn't stand always being alone in that way he was a bit of an oxymoron.

Akiyama waved the two over. "Hey you two over here."

Tohru paused for a moment as she asked him about his deck. "My deck is the power of the wind." He said lightly embarrassed. The ability to fly would have been a miracle in it's self, but Tohru was such a clutz in his day to day life that he had always dreamed of having a little grace. His wind deck was what ever little bit of grace he had put into cards. "I don't know how well it will play out in a duel, but it was good enough to get me this far." He said truthfully he knew he couldn't hold a candle to his sister but he would always do his best.

Yuu gave a small yet satisfied smile. "I didn't say that you wouldn't believe who I was, I am very possible, and very real, but there are thing Akane chan out there." He said with just a coy smile walking away for the moment. "Those cards are covered in black magic, and once they are put into her deck that will spread out to any other cards they touch, if she is following me, then these cards should mess with her powers, and hopefully drain them a little with each passing duel." He said with a coy smile.

"Just one more question." Yuu gave out a long sigh, turning towards Akane. "If he interferes with our plans will you have any qualms dealing with your brother?" They were close to unlocking something truly fantastic. Now that he was on this side of the gate, and was slowly collecting enough spiritual power, last year they had collected a few souls that they could convert from the missing students, but they were far from the amount of power that was actually needed, and once they were done.... the world was going to change.

In the past All of Duel acadamy island had been pulled into the spiritual world, however they put a warden in place to make sure that would never happen again. Yuu had no intention of going back, but there were many servants who wanted to break free. Here the barrier between worlds was still weaker, and when he finally had enough and the seal between the worlds was weak enough he would be able to rip the worlds apart. Duel Spirits, the shadows, the mortal world and hell it's self would be poured into one gaint mixing pot, and then with all that energy and his powers fully returned to him he would be able to go the final step, and bring forth the old god's he served from their prisons. How fitting that this school so named for them would be the place where they could leave the world of prisons and shadows and be reborn into flesh and blood.

The sight of the Obelisk student had definitely been something Esyel hadn't expected. Not that it was a bad thing, mind you. But she'd thought he would have gone to the blue dorms. That had at least seemed to be his course of action. Ah well. So far, Akiyama and Tohru were two people she definitely felt fine with being around. She couldn't admit it to the latter yet ... but Akane had made Esyel incredibly uneasy. She seemed to figure so much about her, let alone the deck the concealed Duel Spirit used, in literally seconds after meeting. That was ... almost as inhuman as herself. And it made her unable to help but wonder more about Akane.

Still, she'd try to be civil with her. But it was definitely something that Esyel kept in the back of her head.

"Ah, hey Akiyama." She greeted, giving a small smile to Tohru before replying back to him in her own soft voice. "We have something in common then. I didn't know if you overheard it on the ferry, but I use fairies. The common theme, that being said, is things people tend to have little belief in. Shame, really. Faith is sometimes one of the few things that keeps people intact. Or at least I've been brought up to notice and believe that."

After letting her words linger in Tohru's mind, she took a seat beside Akiyama, gazing out toward the ocean. "Thanks again for helping us get to the dorm fine." She added, directing her words back to Akiyama.

Akane merely shrugged and nodded. She could have gone on about how it still would have taken just a bit more to maker her finally raise an eyebrow and question something. But she held back, feeling no real point in repeating something that had been - hopefully - made clearly obvious to Yuu. Her ankles tensed but before she could take a step away, the new question was brought up to her. Her teeth subconsciously gripped her lower lip as she let her own sigh out.

"That should have been kept a bridge to wait crossing until it arrived, really. But if you must know now, no I won't have any qualms. However, I will see about getting him to side with us first. If that fails, then I'll agree to your tactics. But again, if and only if that scenario arrives. Deal?"

Truth be told, a good part of Akane didn't give much of a damn on his reply. Either way, this was one of the few things Akane would be incredibly selfish about. And if he didn't wish to accept her terms ... well. Tough shit. However, she wanted to see if he'd say yes and make the possibility of having to go against her own sibling easier.

Akiyama let out a soft sigh as he looked up to the sky for a moment the sky was still a cloudless blue, and for the moment everything seemed rather peaceful. Leaning back into the sand he felt warmth on his jacket as well as the slow ocean breeze. He had originally intended to walk back towards the blue dorm, but gotten himself side tracked as he had stumbled across the beach and taken the moment too relax his body after the long ride on the boat it felt good to just sprawl out, and he had told Akane that he was to be taking his time in going back to the blue dorm.

"It wasn't a problem at all. I'm just glad I help you two out. Duel Academy can be a harsh place to survive some times." He said lightly leaning back into the warm sand.

He let out a small sigh as she sat next to him. "Let me guess your feeling a little overwhelmed with the new place, and all the new people around you?" He said lightly looking at Esyel. It had been the same for him, and the reason why he never really got past social barriers was that he had allowed the new locations to intimidate him. Seeing the same kind of look on her was a little tragic, but something that she would have to overcome regardless.

Tohru let out a small sigh sitting with the other two. He felt comfortable around them, but he couldn't help but shake the odd feeling he got when ever he really looked at Esyel. It was hard to explain just that some part deep down in his gut told him that she was different aside from just being a woman. He didn't get this feeling from meeting anyone else he had ever met, and it was rather weird now.

Yuu let out a small laugh, he didn't believe in waiting to cross the bridge. If he did than he would not have gotten as far as he had. He believed in planning for contingencies and trying to fight for what was needed to happen. Instead of being side blinded he preferred to be prepared. Part of him realized that it wouldn't have mattered if her brother joined them or not. Her brother currently did not have anything to offer them. He would need to arrange something on the side of soon.

"That is fine You can try to bring your brother around to our side." He said quickly, going back to sit down. "For now however you should go. Feel free to try and recruit your brother to our causes, I will simply watch at a distance." He said lightly. "For now make sure that Esyel uses the cards I gave you."

Tomorrow was the opening duels, and he smiled lightly thinking it over. He could have it arranged to make this Esyel girl duel Tohru seemingly at random, and if Esyel is using the cards he had given to Akane that would allow him to destroy two birds with one stone. He could get rid of Akane's younger brother and slowly corrupt the fairy at the same time, and all without raising a finger. It was a good plan.

Technically, there were a few more factors that Akiyama hadn't included which were also pestering Esyel. His half-joke on being taken away by spirits... was that real? And if so, by which ones? But honestly, all the thinking of what-if scenarios and what may just end up being petty stories were beginning to hurt her head. The lack of food was doing nothing to help out. Worse than that, she still couldn't reveal the truth to him or Tohru. It pained her but she hadn't forgotten the true reason she was here at the Academy. A small smile managed to cross her face as she nodded.

"Pretty much, yeah. I'm ... not used to being around so many people also. In fact .... " She paused, trying to think of a story to back the next words up with. When something entered her head, she completed the rest of her sentence. "Prior to now, I've never been in any kind of school. I was tutored by my guardians." Another half-truth and half-lie. She had been taught a few things while staying with the angels. But for the most part, Esyel just remained beside them simply because it was where she was needed. But now things had changed. She was needed out here, to investigate and check out the human realm for the sake of the angels. It really was odd how a matter of time and fate could drastically alter things.

A small yawn left Esyel's lips. She raised a hand to cover her mouth before chuckling softly. "Hm, I think I need to put my stuff away, get dinner and a shower in soon. It's been a long day and I can imagine it's going to get more tiring but fulfilling soon enough."

Akane nodded, restraining her head from tilting. Unless she had missed something, there hadn't been anything that had made her want to laugh. So she had pondered what made Yuu desire to do such a thing. But she mentally waved the issue off, figuring it wasn't important enough for now. "Alright then. And rest assured, she'll get them before the matches tomorrow." With that, she gave Yuu a small bow before turning and walking out from the room. As her eyes glanced around, she noted Akiyama still hadn't returned. It piqued her curiosity a bit. True, he had said he'd take his time. But Akane hadn't thought he meant it in a literal way.

Keeping the cards held in one hand, she pulled her PDA out and sent a message to Akiyama, if for no other reason to keep up her own appearances and promise she'd given him earlier.

Oi! Akiyama-kun! Your dinner's gonna get cold if you stay out too much longer. I can only reheat it so many times you know. You coming back?
-Akane

Slipping her PDA away, she went to keep her vow to him, heading to the Obelisk cafeteria. There was still a part of Akane which was definitely irked at Yuu for having hidden he wasn't just a human but the spirit of a Duel Monster. And a Dark Magician no less. But she only let it slide for one reason; better to inform her later than never. It may not have been done when she preferred. But he'd told her still. In the end, that really was all that mattered.

There had been a few disappearances during the last school year. The school had never addressed it openly however and asking around quickly became a problem. The Island's history had always been rich with duel baised ghost story's and so Akiyama had like many of the students over the last year heard stories about duel monster spirits who were stealing students away to the other side. He was never one for ghost stories however, but at the same time had never believed the actual explanation that some of the students had just gone home sick.

Akiyama had lived his life as an observer, and rarely participated with anyone or anything. However nearing the end of last year he had lost someone who he had considered a friend, to the 'random' disapearances and that had changed his outlook. He was no longer an observer in all of this, and he was going to get to bottom of it. Even if the punishment for asking around was supposed to be expulsion, or he ended up risking his life for answers. Neither of these things mattered anymore. He was broken from his thinking when the girl beside him yawned.

Akiyama blinked hearing that she had been home schooled and that this was really her first experience around other people. "That is one hell of an experiance." He said lightly. Though he had too wonder what kind of toutering she got that wound up having her end up at a school that studied duel monsters. Sure they were all here for the same reason, but Duel Acadamy was certainly a unique school to choose for her first one. "Well I for one am happy to hear that you chose to come to Duel Academy. Even if it is for your fist school experiance ever." He said with a light yawn of his own, it didn't feel late but the sun was already getting ready to set. "I understand wanting to be alone because you aren't used to being around people but if you want my advice. Stick with others life is better that way."

His PDA buzzed in his pocket and Akiyama pulled it out lightly checking it over. "Akane~chan calls, dinner is getting cold I gotta head back to blue dorm." He said lightly. Standing up he looked over Esyel. "Good luck tomorrow, I will be watching from the stands for sure." He said lightly. It was unlikely that they would be dueling considering that he was an Obelisk Blue, and she was two dorms down from him, however there was no doubt he wouldn't be watching her duel.

On my way Akane~Chan
~Akiyama~

Tohru also got up waving Akiyama off before walking back to the red dorm. "I know what it's like to be alone a lot. Often times it's just me and my sister back when we were kids, and last year when she started going to school here, I was left alone for the better part of a year." He said with a small shrug. "God I can not wait to eat and sleep." He said lightly.

Esyel noted that for a long while, Akiyama seemed to be lost in thought much like herself. She had been ready to muster up the courage and inquire on what was up before he finally got to his feet. It almost irked her a bit that he had to head off. However, a quick glance with her peripheral vision reminded Esyel that she wouldn't be completely alone. Tohru was still beside her and, given how things between them had been going thus far, would likely end up being one of her closer friends here. It was definitely a nice reassurance, one that made her smile. Her head nodded as she stood up herself, stretching slightly.

"Ahh, of course. Sorry if I kept you out here. See you later. Um ... good ... luck?"

Her head tilted slightly. She figured he was talking about the exhibition duels. But what made him so sure she'd be in them tomorrow? Had he heard something that she hadn't? Her head shook as Esyel decided not to worry about it until that time arrived. For now, her stomach growled, reminding her of what she had originally intended to do.

Blue eyes looked back towards her new comrade of sorts as she paid heed to his words. "Oh? So Akane's basically raised you then? She's quite the sister it sounds like." Once they arrived back in the cafeteria, she sat down, placing her bags beside her. Her head tilted slightly, noticing the lack of a teacher. Still, no sense in bringing it up. As far as she knew, it was probably too late in the day for one to be here. She'd go with that ... for now. Grabbing a plate for herself, she sat down and began to eat.

Only when Akiyama arrived did Akane finally move out of the cafeteria, albeit not before handing him his plate. "I'm beat. See you in the morning." Not allowing for him to stop her or notice the odd cards in her left hand, Akane briskly walked out and made the trek back to the girls' dorm. It wasn't too long, thank gods. But it was still a bit of a trek. Once she finally caught sight of her room, she opened her door eagerly, shut it behind her, and fell upon her bed. The cards for Esyel were put on a mantle beside her bed.

Seconds after her eyes closed, Akane fell asleep. The ferry ride to and from the Academy always seemed to make her exhausted. But even if that wasn't the case, she knew it would definitely be needed this year. There were so many big plans that needed to be properly set up and then executed. More than that, all of them would need her assistance. Yuu had insisted on that much since last year. Although the small white lie did irk her, it wasn't enough for Akane to not trust him. Just be slightly annoyed at him.

Akiyama sat down at his table with his food, watching Akane leave for the female dorm. He let out a small sigh of satisfaction as he ate though the food was only warm he didn't really care all that much. His mind was focused more on the exhibition matches then anywhere else, that and the new member of Slifer that he had spent most of his time with. She had been interesting to meet, and he had an odd feeling that she was at least trust worthy for the moment.

When he got up to go to go to bed, he stretched and let out a long yawn. Sure enough everything had been rather exhausting from the day before. Being back on the island was comforting but he was pretty much drained from the trip, and the day started early tomorrow. Sleeping came easy to Akiyama, and he didn't move again till the next morning, at which point he walked over to his connected bathroom. One great thing about the obelisk dorm was that each room had a connected full bath. He took a hot shower waking himself up and got himself a fresh uniform. Walking down to breakfast he felt like he would be ready for any match the world could throw at him.

Tohru walked back to the dorms with Esyel, having a rather cold dinner, and then walked out to find his dorm room, he picked one up that while it had a roommate was still nice enough on it's own. It wasn't that he hadn't thought about sharing a room with Esyel, but rather by the time that they had actually gotten around too choosing a dorm they didn't have the luxury of being close to one another, there were only two places left that could house them and since one had a girl, and the other had a male the two had just gone there separate ways for the night.

The showers for the Slifer red were divided. As with the washrooms it was split into outhouses, one side had males, and the other had females, and Tohru hit the shower before sleeping. Waking up he got himself ready for the new day. Heading down to the caffeteria he was waiting to see how Esyel had slept through the night. He was excited to get things under way, and while he got his breakfast he pulled out his PDA.

You ready for the day Onee~Chan?
Tohru

After the brief meal and a quick shower, Esyel found herself quickly asleep. The sound of her PDA lightly beeping, acting as if an alarm clock had woken her up although not before the nagging feeling of having had a dream slipped her mind. And yet, that was another odd thing in itself; she couldn't remember it. It had seemed to leave her as quickly as it had arrived. She remained sitting up in her bed before giving up, shaking her head gently from side to side. "It'll probably come back to you later." She reassured herself, yawning softly as she stood up and stripped out of her uniform. It was then that she realized what she'd forgotten to do last night!

"Crap!" She murmured, seeing her still packed luggage on the floor. Well .. at least the clothes hadn't been removed or discarded upon the floor. But she was definitely annoyed at herself for having forgotten to do a simple but still vital task. A few fingers trailed through her purple locks as she promised to do that after the classes were over. Right now, as it was, she needed to get ready. It was a bit of a sacrifice but she'd skip breakfast and make sure to eat lunch ... dinner for damn well certain. After slipping a new outfit on, she began to head out of the red dorm and to the Academy.

However, she got an unexpected visitor in the form of Akane. But what had made her - once again - uneasy about the woman was that she had seemed to be waiting, let alone so close to the Slifer dorms.

Sure enough, Akane had been waiting. In fact, she had been awake since the past hour or so now. This was by far the easiest way to ensure Esyel would get the cards; offer them to her before anyone else saw her handing them over. A smile that so badly wanted to turn into a smirk crossed her face as Esyel came into view. "Morning. You probably already have these ... but I figured I'd offer just in case." And with that, her hand extended, revealing the Sanctuary in the Sky cards.

Esyel glanced down at them and for the longest while, Akane steadily began to worry that she had said or done something wrong. Finally, Esyel pulled her deck out and tilted her head. ".... Huh. I thought I had some. Thanks. This will make my deck legal again."

An inward sigh of relief echoed in Akane's head as the cards were taken and, with her own mixed eyes, she watched Esyel put them into her own deck. "Welcome. Heh, yeah. It may help to be able to use that deck legally, hm? I do hope I can see how that works. I've never seen anyone use one before. But I do know if one plays them correctly, some of the most powerful angels can be summoned in mere moments. As fast as this." Upon the word 'this' leaving her lips, Akane snapped her fingers before turning around. "You were gonna head to the Stadium I'm guessing? I can lead you."

"Ah ... thank you."

As the two headed over, Akane finally pulled her PDA out and replied to the message her brother had sent. She'd purposely waited a bit to make it seem as if he'd just caught her finishing breakfast; although that wasn't to say that wasn't partly true. She had eaten before meeting up with Esyel. It just hadn't been as recently as she'd made it seem.

Ototo,
Yeah I am. But I got a feeling that today, the spotlight won't be on me. Keep your eyes and ears open. You never know how these days wind up going, after all.
-Akane

Back
Top Bottom