Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The furry roommate? (Charliesweb7 & Mercenary)

"I'd say you're pretty special. I think so, anyway." Brian (Wow, it feels really weird using this name after what just happened o.o) said to her, a smile on his face after he gave her the compliment. "Half an hour, huh? I don't know, what do you want to do, just talk?" He replied to what Kimberly said, shrugging.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Well, I am glad you think I am special." She told him, a smile on her face. When he asked her, she nodded her head. "Sure, that sounds good. If you are hungry we could grab some lunch? Or I mean we can get coffee or a smoothie?" She asked. That was what people did right? Did they do tea here?

"Are you sure we can get something and be back here and get to your appointment in time in thirty minutes?" Brian asked her. He didn't know, but honestly, he was terrible at time management, and guessing how long things would take. "Anyway, if we can, then sure. I'd go out for something to drink." Brian answered her in case.

"Well...don't you have a place on campus?" She asked him. That would make sense right? "But if not we can just wait until after my advisement." She added to him, then smiling. "Well where is the place that I should be for advisement?" She asked.

"No, actually. But there is a place off of campus that's kind of a hang out for college students. They set up there because of the campus, it's like a five minute walk tops. The Cafe Cafe is what it's called." Brian told her. "Or do you think we should just go to your adviser. Which, by the way, should be be right......there." He said, pointing on Kimberly's map.

"The Cafe Cafe? Doesn't that seem rather redundant?" She asked him. It did in her mind. Oh well, to each his own right? She nodded her head gently though. "Maybe after we can do that." She told him. "But yes. Since there isn't many people around, perhaps I can seem my advisor early." She told him. She folded up the map, then holding it in her hand as she followed him.

"I agree with you, I wouldn't have named a business that if I started one. But hey, it wasn't my decision." Brian said with a shrug. "Alright. we'll check it out later then. Now let's get you to the adviser." He said to Kimberly, smiling at her before starting to walk off. They were there in a couple of minutes. "Alright, he we are." Brian told her, stopping.

"Me either but if it gets business, then who really cares right?" She asked him. "Do they have like coffee and tea? Or what all do they sell?" She asked him. The walk was a rather short once as they found their selves at the advisement building. "Thanks for showing me around. Do you want to just come inside and sit down?" She asked him, brushing some of her bright red locks behind her ear.

"Yeah, I guess. I've been there a couple of times. They sell all the drinks and stuff. Coffee, tea, smoothies, pop, even wine. But I'm not a drinker myself." Brian said as they reached the advisement building. When she offered that he should come in too, Brian gave a shrug. "Sure, why not? Beats standing out here." He said, ready to go in with her.

"Well you can't drink until you are 21 here right?" She asked. That was strange. But people drove earlier. It was strange. All of it. She went inside with him, enjoying the cool air conditioning. "Alright." She said, looking around. "I am gonna head in. So see you soon?" She asked, smiling. She lightly touched his arm before then heading over to where she needed to. After having to walk around a bit...

"I'm pretty sure that's the law." Brian said in reply. He looked down as Kimberly lightly and almost sensually touched his arm and told him she was going in. Brian nodded in response, standing there for a bit before walking in as well behind her.

She didn't mean anything by it. It was just a friendly touch. That was all. She hoped he didn't think she was hitting on him. That wouldn't be good... Her advisement only took about 45 minutes before she came back out. She looked around, trying to find Brian again. Perhaps he had fallen asleep once again?

Brian didn't know what she meant with the touch, but honestly he thought she was just being friendly. And he couldn't tell whether that was good or not. He actually would have preferred her hitting on him a little. Brian was sitting in a chair up against the wall to her left, though he hadn't fallen asleep. He had surprisingly been waiting patiently the whole time. Brian saw Kimberly as she came out, standing up and walking over. "Hey, you're finally back. So, what all did you talk about in there?" He asked, trying to start up another conversation with her.

Kimberly finally found him, then smiling. "Oh you, how to take over the world." She teased, smirking at him. "It was just about some stuff through the college and all. "So did you want to go to that cafe and grab something? I would love a smoothie...or some tea." She explained to him. "So there is one thing about me. I drink a lot of tea. Yes I know, it is kind of typical." She replied. Tea and crumpets and such. Well she did love the tea. That wasn't a stretch. She would go through a lot of it. She needed a kettle....she forgot that...

"Oh, of course. That reminds me that I have to get back to the English prof for my world domination paper." Brian joked back, smiling. "Sure, let's go to the cafe. But I don't know if they have crumpets or bad dental plans." Brian said, chuckling a bit. "Sorry, I had to. Anyway, shall we get going then?" He said to Kimberly, still smiling at her.

"Hey!" She said, pushing him slightly. "My teeth are great thank you very much. See?" She asked, smiling to show her pearly whites. "That was just mean. "But aren't American stereotypes...like obese people on motorized scooters who eat fast food?" She asked him. "Okay so don't hate me....but have you ever seen an overweight anthro?" She asked. It would make sense for like a bear or a pig...but what about others? Did they get overweight? She assumed so but maybe she was wrong...

"Yeah, well I'm obviously in shape." He countered the same way, countering the stereotype with himself as an example like she had with her teeth. And like he had shown her the teeth, Brian flexed for her, grinning as he held his arm up for a bit before bringing it back down. "And yes, there are definitely obese anthros. We get fat just like everything else. Eat to much and don't exercise and that's what happens." Brian said to her.

Kimberly looked to him as he flexed, clearly showing off. "Um...what am I supposed to see?" She asked, smirking. No, he was certainly in shape. That was obvious. She then nodded her head as he explained about obese anthros. "Alright." She added. So really...they were just...furry. "So do you have traits like a wolf? Or a dog? Like do you like your belly rubbed or squeak toys?" She asked him. "Oh..sorry if that is offensive as well..." She added, chewing on her lower lip.

"Oh, there rather hard to miss." Brian said back to her, smug about his reply. But he honestly felt bad from what she said after that. "Yeah, that actually is kind of offensive." He said to Kimberly, a little more quietly, the slightest hint of hurt in his voice. "I wouldn't mind a belly rub I guess, but it's not like I'm going to pant and roll over from it. And you'd have to win some serious bet or do a huge favor if you'd want me to 'fetch' anything. The only thing that might happen is sometimes people will wag their tale a little when they're happy. But not even from cheek to cheek, just a little sway back and fourth." Brian told her.

Kimberly frowned. "I am sorry." She added. How was she supposed to know? They looked like animals! She didn't know if they had their instincts. It was not like she said that he must be more stupid than a human. Her shoulders slumped a bit. "I didn't mean to offend you. I just was curious." She added. She really needed to shut up and avoid asking questions. She swallowed, walking in silence the rest of the way. "Um perhaps we should just go home." She explained. She had a feeling this cafe would be filled with anthros. And she already pissed him off. She didn't want to piss off others before she even met them.

"I-It's alright. No harm done. But just think of us with as eighty percent person, twenty percent animal. Maybe not even that much. maybe ninety percent to ten percent. The biggest similarity we have with creatures is our looks." Brian told her, trying to reassure Kimberly that she hadn't been that offensive. "If you want to go home we can. I'm not that thirsty anyways." Brian said to her. The truth was he could use something to drink, but he didn't want to maybe Kimberly feel bad. Brian was definitely willing to go home with her if that's what she decided.

"I am really sorry." She apologized once again. She hadn't meant to. But it was something new. People asked things about religions and such... and sometimes people got offended. "Well I mean...if you want to. I just...I guess I am scared to go there and offend other people or something. I am obviously doing a not so well job with you." She added to him. She also didn't want to be gawked at for being human. Well maybe that wouldn't happen. She had no idea.

"Hey, it's okay. Let's just go home. Besides, I know there's a group of people that are usually there who aren't the nicest bunch when it comes to humans. We have stuff in the fridge back at the house. Come on." Brian said, turning around. He felt bad himself for making Kimberly feel bad. She didn't mean it, and even though he tried to be nice about it with his reply, Brian thought he probably could've been nicer. But who know's? Maybe they had just dodged a bad experience with some unsavory anthros. Brian thought about that as he bagan walking back torwards the house.

She nodded her head. Thank god. She didn't want to be around anthros that hated her. "Alright." She said as they headed back. "Sorry again." She told him, glancing up to him. She just wanted to say it again. She was sorry. She just hoped that he believe her. "So are you excited for school or not?" She asked him. She was unsure what else to ask. She was just so scared of saying the wrong things now.

"Hey, the only thing that's bothering me right now is you apologizing so much. Apology accepted. I know you didn't mean it, okay?" Brian said to her, smiling reassuringly. "I mean, I'm a little excited for it, but the assignments won't be anything I miss. Who really looks forward to school, anyway?" He answered her question with a shrug as they walked back, not too far from the house.

Back
Top Bottom