Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Second Chances(blair/lady)

Annabel continued to eat her pancakes, looking up at him with a smile. "Well, honestly, I want something big, but friendly. I was thinking of a St. Bernard." She tiled her head to the side, wanting to see his reaction. It was a big dog, sure, but she had always loved the breed as a child.

Winston grinned and looked at the sonogram, taking it in his hands. "Wow," he whispered, shaking his head. And while he'd never admit it, his eyes started to become a bit glassy with potential tears. "So tiny..." He shook his head and cleared his throat, leaning over to stroke Nyx's hair out of her face.

"Will you help me into the bath?" he asked, nodding to the bathroom, "I feel gross after laying in this bed for so long..."

Rhys’ eyes widened at that swallowing hard.”That I sdefinitely big. And drooling.”He muttered thinking about it before sighing.”WE might not find one at the pound. We might end up going to a breeder.”He said sounding thoughtful wondering where he’d have to go to find her a dog.

Connor smiled watching Winston, seeing the tears but letting it go. Glad that the man was this happy about being a father, having been worried about that. Glancing down he smiled as even asleep, n yx responded to his touch, leaning her face into his hand,”Well, the kid’s mom isn’t overly big you know.”He teased him a bit before nodding helping him up.”Lets go, I can always get behind a idea that gets you naked.”He teased as he helped Winston to the bathroom and started a bath for them both.

Annabel grinned a bit, walking over to the sink and washing her now empty plate. "We will see about it," she said, leaning up to kiss his cheek. "Come on. Let's go." With that, she put her plate in the dishwasher and grabbed her purse off the counter. It was nice to have something to keep her mind off of things. A puppy would cheer her up, and soon enough, moving into their new house would be something else to be happy about. As of now, she just needed to try to stay in a good mood. She didn't want Rhys to worry about her.

Winston eased himself down into the hot water and let out a sigh of relief. "This is nice," he whispered, then opened his eyes to look up at his lover. "So, what do you think about this baby business?" He arched his eyebrow. To be honest, he worried about Connor feeling left out. As much as Winston wanted to have a kid, he certainly didn't want to hurt Connor in the process.

Rhys smiled looking amused as he grabbed his keys and following her outside. “So going to get something that drools on everything. Winston’s going to freak.”Rhys said snickering a little at the idea amused because he was just imaging Winston like the dad in the movie in Beethoven. It was going to be interesting.

Connor smiled as he settled into the tub with the other, smirking a little at his friend. Knowing why he was asking, but he couldn’t help but screwing with him. “I think that we better pray for a boy, because any girl child is going to be overprotected in the extreme.”He mused before sighing running a hand through his hair, shrugging. “You know there’s a chance its mine to. And even if its not, it’s still going to be us three raising it.”He mused before his look turned unsure, his recent filing for divorce leaving him less sure about the rest of his life. “I mean..if that’s what you want…”

Annabel slid into the passenger seat of the car and watched the scenery go by as they neared the shelter. When they got inside, she frowned at all the sweet puppies barking and wagging their tails at them, hoping that they would get picked to leave. It wasn't until Annabel spotted a small black puppy (which she assumed was a lab) in a cage all by herself. The sign on the front of her cage suggested that she was part of a litter, but was the last left. "Oh, Rhys, what about her?"

duper.jpg_w450.jpg

Winston chuckled. "Well, I'm pretty sure I'd protect a boy just as much," he murmured, the tilted his head to the side. He had never considered that she could be pregnant with Connor's child, but he refused to let the other man think it would bother him... Even if it did a little bit. "Of course," he said, nodding, "You'd be another parent. After all, you are in this relationship too, as far as Nyx and I are concerned. He smiled and leaned forward to his him.

Rhys winced a little as he absently rubbed a hand against his ears, going a little deaf at all the barking. Looking around in bemusement and hiding the gut wrenching terror of getting a dog he shrugged. “She’s cute enough.”he muttered trying not to think about the last dog he had. Winston swore she had died of old age, but he knew Balthazar had killed his puppy because she’d bitten Balthazar once for yelling at rhys. But he knew better then to argue with Winston over something as stupid as his former dog. “Probably a good idea to get a puppy. Though I have no desire to let her sleep in my bed. I’m sooo not having her pee in it or something.”he said making a face.

“uh-huh…but a girl would get to date. You know, have sex.”He said snickering a little, “With our luck we’ll end up with a boy with your brother’s former morals on sex and just as good looking as us.”He snickered a little as he studied his lover before relaxing, smiling happily, not realizing his lover was hiding something. Nyx would, but connor wanted more then anything, to have a family of his own, and even if it wasn’t his child, it would be treated as such. Kissing Winston back he smiled before leaning away, frowning slightly.”Now wash up, sitting in here to long probably isn’t good for your wounds.”he said concerned.

Annabel rolled her eyes, waiting on one of the workers to open the cage. As soon as they did, the puppy waddled over to them, her little tail wagging happily. Anna scooped her up the puppy and grinned. "I promise," she murmured, "No puppy in the bed. We'll get her her own bed." She scratched the puppy behind the ears, looking so excited to have something to look forward to... "Thanks, Rhys," she murmured, kissing his cheek.

Winston chuckled and began to wash up. "Hopefully he would have a tad more control than Rhys..." Maybe Nyx would not mind having one more child after this one in order to give both men a biological child... After their bath, Winston eased himself down into the bed on his side, his head resting on Nyx's chest as he waited for Connor to join them.

Rhys smiled a little as he watched the puppy before looking at Annabel. “And a normal bed. Not one of those beds that look like a normal human bed. I’m not having her mistake my bed for hers.”He said teasing her just a bit, amused that she was so excited. “and normal dog food, no gourmet cooking for the runt.”he said though he did reach out and rub the dogs ears.

“Hm, a tomcat had more control then rhys did.”He snickered amused as he cleaned up, heading to bed. Snuggling into winston’s back as he went back to sleep, having been so worried about missing their appointment, he’d not slept well. “…what are you worrying about?”Nyx muttered as she woke sleepily, shifting a little, nuzzling her nose into winston’s hair, content to just lay in bed, because it’d been so long since she’d just relaxed and not rushed back and forth in taking care of his work stuff.

Back
Top Bottom