Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pacific Rim: Two Front War (always open!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mighty Kaiju had regained its senses and rose over Delta Canuck ready to attack once more.
But suddenly an explosion rocked its face causing it to stagger away from Delta. "BULLSEYE!!!!!" Banagher turned to his brother "Nice shot as always Alex now, continue the barrage we have to draw it away from Delta Canuck. Their safety is top priority". "Roger that bro"

Artemis Prime continued firing from its artillery cannons causing the kaiju to retreat away from Delta and after two more successful hits it dove back into the ocean.

"Bugger" cried Banagher, "Keep scanning the sea, it's bleeding now so it should be easier to spot". "Roger that, Delta Canuck do you read me? This is Artemis Prime are you still operational? Can you moahhhh!!!!" Without a moments warning Razorhands emerged and struck Artemis destroying its right artillery cannon. "Ugh they arn't gonna be too happy about that" "that's their problem Banagher, activate the plasma cannon and shoot the bugger!!!!" As Banagher began charging the plasma cannon Razorhands retailsted and grabbed the arm forcing it towards Delta Canuck Banagher looked in horror "Shi SHIT!!!!" deploying his arm blade Alex began impaling it into Razorhands side causing it to roar in pain, doing this allowed Banagher to force the shot away from Delta and into the side of Razorhands head. The kaiju fell to the ocean, using its leg to keep the kaiju in place Artemis Prime aimed its surviving artillery cannon at the kaijus wounded head. Clawing at its leg in a last attempt to escape the twins didnt give it a chance, Artemis fired the cannon resulting in a massive explosion that engulfed the kaiju and causing Artemis to fal into the ocean.

"Argh... I'm gonna feel that in the morning, Delta do you copy? What is your status? Are you harmed?"

"Command this is Alex, the kaiju has been destroyed now focusing on the retriveal and safety of Delta Cannuck and we request immediate repairs to both Jeagers once we return".

Jake McEwen sighed as the whole command center erupted in a cheer. He fell back into his seat and gave a tired smile before getting to his feet. He looked over to Catherine, his brother's last love, knew he had to talk to her. He brushed past people rubbing their eyes from the stress of the excitement, hugging, etc. He finally moved next to her.

"Meet me in the mess hall as soon as you can. We should talk and I'm hungry. So, killing two birds with one stone." He clicked twice and winked at her and the commander from behind his sunglasses.

Jake moved past people and into the winding hallways of the Juggernaut Base. As he passed The Spartan Wulf's hangar, he smiles at it and continues moving. Once he gets into the mess hall, he grabs some leftover food left in the cafeteria, puts it onto a tray, and begins eating.

When Alex announced the battle finished Catherine took a deep shuddering breath. She hated this so much. Not being able to go help the first pilot she actually befriend since her lost fight. She maintained a mask of calm though internally she was roiling with pent up emotion. The last straw was Jake demanding he meet her in the mess.

As he disappeared from command rage welled up in her. 'Who does he think he is...' She growled to herself stalking through the halls to the mess. 'Bossing me around like he owns the place.' She was practically snarling when she reached the mess. Trainees were scrambling out of her path. She could hear them whispering about the poor bastard that pissed her off. When she entered the mess and spotted Jake sitting at his ease eating she stormed across the room bristling like an angry cat.

She stood in front of his table her hands on her hips and angry glint in her eyes. "Who do you think you are?!" She demanded. "You can't just demand me presence at your convenience!" She was falling into her usual angry lecturing tone. A few feet away a couple of trainees were taking bets on if she would go across the table at him.

(i know he didn't mean to make her angry its just part of her personality~kuro)

"I'm Jake McEwen. Pleased to meet ya," Jake smirked at her, then pushed out the chair across from him, somewhat bumping her with it. "Take a seat, sweetheart. I insist. We have some things to talk about."

As she waited for him to do whatever she wanted to do, Jake adjusted his sunglasses, and continued chowing down. Hell, he didn't really NEED to talk to her, so if she left, Jake would just look back at this moment, shrug, and wished he wasn't so much of an asshole. But he was. Come on.

Jake reached into his back pocket, eventually, and while rummaging through his wallet, he pulled out a picture of John and Catherine. The picture was somewhat faded, but he could make out his brother's features. He never took the time to look at the girl in the picture. "Is this you?"

(Oh don't worry about it.)

After the battle took place, Oliver decides to leave the command center and get something to eat before he went to sleep. He was very hungry at that time and hadn't eaten since he got here. He'd enter the mess hall and quickly put some food and a juice box on his tray and would all be himself a lonely table.
Oliver would take a bite of his spaghetti and think to himself "The food ain't so bad, it's better than I anticipated", and would continue to eat until there was nothing left on his tray.

Catherine's mouth snapped shut when she saw the picture. She dropped almost subconsciously into the chair as if her legs had weakened slightly. She took the picture gently and stared at it. It showed her and John sitting on the edge of a stone wall arms around one another and laughing at something outside the frame of the photo. "Yes..." She whispered sliding the picture back to him. "John never told me about you." She said softly looking up at Jake. She felt like an idiot for not seeing the resemblance sooner. She'd been too busy ignoring him to take a good look at him.

Jake sighed and poked at his salad with his fork. "Yeah well... we weren't exactly best friends. We had a falling out a little after he told me about his new girlfriend and I never spoke to him again. He saw the world one way, I looked at it another."

He finally pushed his tray out of the way. He looked at Catherine, but felt odd that he was talking to his brother's last love with sunglasses on. He didn't know why, but he did. So he grabbed his aviators, pulled them off, and put them into his jacket pocket. It took a little for his eyes to get adjusted, he had to squint in the bright light of the cafeteria.

"I never heard much about you either. Tell me about yourself."

With the sunglasses off Catherine had to force herself to stop staring at him. She forced her gaze onto her fingers instead. "Why would you stop talking to him after he started dating me?" She asked ignoring his question to talk about herself. It had taken John a long time to introduce her to some of his family, he had always shrugged it off saying there was a lot of drama in his family that he didn't want to drag her into...had she caused that? She couldn't prevent that thought from blowing through her mind. Before John she had been a lot less confident, he had taught her to stick up for herself and be her own boss.

"I uh... He was telling me all these things about this girl he met and had fallen in love with. And I was a little angry that throughout the years we stuck up for each other and yet... at least I felt that he was abandoning me. See, our parents died when we were young. Our other family never cared for us, so we looked out for ourselves most of the time. As we started arguing... God... it got to a point where I was in a rage. He even told me that he was never going to pilot the Spartan Wulf with me. He found his partner. I got so angry... I kinda realized you were just this young girl and I knew how he treated women. I treated women even worse, we learned from each other. I knew you were too young for him and you were just going to be dumped. But... even as I told him that, he told that I was being selfish, I told him the same. We got into a fight and the last thing he ever said to me was that he never wanted to see my damn face again." Jake sighed.

Jake looked down at the table. He hadn't talked about his brother since he heard about his death, even then he didn't talk. He didn't even cry. He just... kinda sat there. He didn't really believe it at first. One of the McEwens was never coming back.

Catherine wasn't sure at first what to make of this confession. She'd been with John for several years before they piloted the Dragon. Something in what he said filtered through, knew how he treated women...she thought trying hard to understand...but he treated me fine. She looked at Jake again and realized how hurt he really was by the rift between his brother and the fact that he hadn't had the chance to mend it.

"I'm sorry about your brother." She said gently. "I'm...I'm sorry I didn't die instead." She said suddenly her breath hitching as she fought off tears and emotions she didn't want to deal with. "He was such a great person...he shouldn't off been the one to die." She added trying to regain some control.

"No, no. Don't you ever think like that. Life is a precious thing and if he gave his life so you could live... he must have really loved you. And I was wrong." Jake's hand had found his way over hers, trying to somehow comfort her.

He wasn't good at dealing with emotions. Especially other people's emotions. See, he grew up around his brother. He was never a guy who was very emotional, he was very bottled up. Jake was the same way, which is why they got along so well... but it ended so badly.

"Okay, enough sad shit. Um... but yeah, you know a bit about me. Again, what about you?"

She was surprised to find Jake's hand over hers. The comfort was kind of nice though if anyone else had of tried it she probably would have punched them. She was shocked to find how much better she felt having someone to relate to about John's death. Somehow that made it easier to deal with.

She shrugged when he asked about her. "Not much to tell really. Grew up on the East Coast of Canada, joined the Jaeger program and went to England. I met your brother there when I was a trainee. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have made it as a pilot, he was the one who picked up on my tendency to notice important details." She didn't usually go into much detail about herself.

"You know, not gonna lie. I really misjudged you when I first saw you. I didn't really expect you to care that much about those young pilots." She stated referring to Lex and Matt.

Jake nodded at her explanation. John always did have that eye that could pick out talent. Hell, if he survived that Kaiju Battle, he could have become one of the directors of the Jaeger program. Would have been a good one too. But that's in the past. Jake's here now, maybe he can follow in his brother's example. He heard her talking about how he cared about Lexi and Canuck.

"Misjudged me? Catherine, I really am an asshole. You probably hit that spot on." Jake smirked. "I don't care too much about Lexi, haven't even met her yet, really. I just know Canuck. Or uh... Matt. And he reminds me of John in a way. Very focused and determined. He has a goal in mind. John's goal was to become something better than what everyone thought we were going to be. Canuck's goal seems to be about protecting his sister and becoming a better pilot."

Jake finished his ramblings on about Matt, leaning back in his chair. They were just sitting in a mostly empty cafeteria at this point. And she must be bored out of her mind, talking to an asshole.

"You know, you don't have to stay. If you want to go talk to those two, you can. I remember a girl, I assume Lexi, screaming your name when I first arrived. I assume you're friends."

Catherine was looking at him with a wry smile. "You keep calling yourself an asshole and I will have to argue simply on principle." She teased. She pondered what he said about Lexi. "Yes I would consider us friends definitely. I haven't made too many here since I'm kind of considered a bit of a hard ass." She joked. "I will go see her and Matt in a little while." She gave him a mock pout. "Unless YOUR bored with me." She stated.

Jake smiled at the girl. She was definitely cute, especially when she pouted. Even if it was fake. And he did want to make a couple jokes about her hard ass, but he didn't say anything, just kind of chuckled to himself instead.

"I'm not bored with you at all." He smiled. "But, I am bored with this food. And I did ask this before, but apparently Canuck doesn't like to have fun. What do people do for fun around here?"

Catherine flushed suddenly at his question. "Oh I dunno normal stuff I guess. The trainees like to party a lot, work out, party more." She didn't want to tell him she was a big nerd and didn't do what most people did for fun. "I like to go down to the beach to swim. There is an amazing cocktail bar down there." She grinned. "Lex and I were going to go with Matt sometime you should come too."

She grinned back at him. "What do you like to do for fun?"

"I uh... I read, I research random topics sometimes, I write. I train. Um... besides that, well, I do like uh... random movies, video games, anime... other shit."

Jake kind of avoided the question of whether or not he should come. He was always terrible in groups. See, everyone thought when he was growing up, he never hung out with people because he was a lone wolf. A tough guy. But it's also the fact that he's just naturally antisocial. He will never tell you this, sure, but he hides his underlying unconfident and somewhat antisocial personality with a thick layer of douchebaggery.

"But um... the beach thing sounds sort of fun. I guess I'll show up," He cleared his throat, grabbing his sunglasses and putting them back on.

She practically bounced out of her chair when he told her his interests. "You watch anime!" She cried leaning excitedly towards him. That was not something she had expected at all. "Ah sorry...didn't mean to let my inner geek show..." She gave an embarrassed laugh. She suddenly noticed how close she was leaning and dropped back into her seat. "Ahem...ya so the beach should be fun. We could grab some drinks or something." She rubbed her head and tried to laugh off her outburst.

"Oh it's all right, I'm a bit of a geek too. Don't tell anyone though, I have an image to uphold," He winked and tapped on the table.

Jake was liking this girl already. She was Nerdy, Good-Looking, and had this air about her that made him a bit more comfortable. Maybe that's why his brother liked her so much. But really, it's time to stop thinking about John. He's already torn himself apart thinking bout what could have been. Now it's time to tear himself about what might be. Oh goodie.

As he saw her reaction, he nodded. "You just tell me when you want to go, we'll grab something."

"Hey your secrets safe with me." She smiled again. "Why don't we wait for the others before heading down there, they probably need to unwind as well."

A group of trainees wandered into the mess. "Hey there she is." One pointed across the room. "Teach where ya been, our lesson was supposed to start an hour ago." He said.

Catherine leaped to her feet. "CADET! What did I tell you about addressing your superiors?!" She thundered across the mess. The young man jumped as if she had slapped him. "Get back to the training hall, I will be there when you lot decide to be something more than useless." The shuffled out looking irritated.

She gave Jake an apologetic look. "Guess I gotta go babysit for an hour...I wish..." She looked away and swallowed hard. "Your lucky you have a Jaeger. When you get your copilot don't ever take them or your machine for granted." She started to walk away and smiled over her shoulder. "See you in a bit." She waved behind her and trotted out of the mess.

(we should wait now for the others unless you have something in mind)

Delta Canuck's lifeless body soared through the air as a group of helicopters carried it to the Hawaii base. The siblings sat in one of the helicopters looking down at the damaged Jaegers. All Lex could think about was how the repairs would probably gake a month....'a full month!'. While Matthews mind focused on other things. He kept flashing back to the moment he lost consciousness and was angry with himself. "I dont desereve to be here...", he mumbled softly to himself before prying his eyes off his once healthy Jaeger.
Lexi looked at him with a sad look. She was worried about him and she dint want him dwelling on their defeat.

Jake walked away from the cafeteria, kind of giddy. He really liked that girl. She had that fiery personality which kind of tells him he won't be able to just take her into his bed and be done with her the next morning. Frankly, he didn't really want to. It would be disrespectful to his family's name.

Finally, Jake settled down in his room. He might take a nap if nothing too interesting goes on, he might just read, but he was just a lil' bit excited to have drinks with Catherine. Oh and Canuck and Lex too.

But, as he settled down, he kind of realized it might be nice for someone to welcome the siblings home. So he put on his bomber jacket, slipped on his sunglasses, and walked through the hallways to get to the helipad, waiting for their helicopter and their jaeger to arrive.

There helicopter finally arrived and Lex was glad to be somewhere she could rest. The battle took so much energy out of her and all she want to do was sleep. The machine slowly lowered onto the pad and gently landed. As soon as he got the chance Matthew jumped out and began to walk passing by Jake not even looking at him.
Lexi glared at Matthew but he couldnt see, she was angry he was being rude again.
"Im so sorry for brother" she spoke to the man before her. She really had no idea who he was but he was the only one there to greet them on there return.

Catherine grinned maniacally at her cadets as she put them through their paces. When she had arrived they had all been whispering conspiratorially about her love life. She gave them a cheerful greeting and they had greeted her back equally cheerful. She knew they though because she was in a good mood she would be easier on them. She wasn't. She left them in their usual state collapsed on the floor sweaty and breathing hard. She hadn't lifted a finger to participate this time either for a change she didn't need to run to her room for a shower. An announcement proclaimed the arrival of the Jaeger teams and she grinned heading for the helipad.

The twins stepped off the helicopter as Artemis Prime was being lowered onto the platform, the pilots of Delta Canuck then disembarked from their chopper and saw the brother take off towards the base while his sister began apologising to the people he barged past. The twins were about to go over and see how she was after the ordeal but a woman came out from the base who the greeted and started talking to her. The twins decided not to bother them and headed inside. Back in the hanger the twins watched as their Jaeger was secured back into its place, "while not as bad Delta, we still took a a beating" Alex looked at the damaged areas "Left arm, left leg and even the artillery cannons are bust. So much for our long range advantage, anyways im gonna turn in you coming?" Banagher just stared at Prime "No, im gonna stay here a bit longer" Alex nodded and lightly nudged him on the shoulder "Good work today bro" Banagher smiled "Same to you bro" and with that Alex began walking away towards the dorms, Banagher looked back at Artemis whose repairs had begun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom