Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pacific Rim: Two Front War (always open!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pacific Rim: Two Front War

"He introduced himself to me. I didn't think he was rude." Catherine said leaning back in her seat. "We me in the hallway earlier and I gave him directions to the main lobby where the map is. I think he was lost but too proud to say so." She yawned suddenly the days activities always caught up with her around this time. "Being a trainer takes a lot out of ya haha, I thought being rudely awoken by the alarm and message for deployment at all hours of the night and day was bad its nothing compared to this crap." She laughed lightly.

"Wait! He talked to you!", she spoke louder than expected and a few trainees looked over but quickly turned back to there conversations not wanting to get in trouble by Catherine. "And he wasn't rude?" This time she talked in a more calm manor. She wanted to get up and hug Catherine because she thought of it as some break through. Hearing her say that he was to proud made her giggle. She mumbled something about typical Matt and smiled.

Jake had finished settling his room and his things by now. So he decided to take a walk, check out the Jaegers, see if there could be any competition for the ol' Wulf. But instead, he found himself admiring them. Artemis Prime was beautiful, The Fighting Green looked like it could take more than a few punches, and then finally, he walked into the hangar of The Delta Canuck. He had noticed someone in the hangar with him, turned to him, and saw it was another man.

"This your Jaeger?" Jake asked, not waiting for an answer before turning to the jaeger itself. "It looks damn fine."

Matthew looked at the man complimenting Delta silently. No words left his mouth, all he did was just stare. It didnt last long and he went back to looking Delta up and down. He completely ignored the mans words. He assumed he was another pilot because he carried himself in that way. There was a sort of cockiness that every ranger just gave off, it was quite a burden because sometimes it wasnt cockiness but just confidence. And this man gave off a strong vibe of confidence.

Catherine was very surprised at Lexi's shock about the encounter with her brother. "He can't be that difficult to get along with." She said half jokingly. She stood up and stretched and took her tray over to the side of the mess where they were collected. "So Lex." She said coming to stand beside who she now realized was going to be a great friend. "What do you like to do for fun?" She gave the other girl a grin.

Jake finished looking The Delta up and turned to the man. He had said nothing and seemed to not pay attention to him. Anyone who doesn't talk much is a good guy in his book. Maybe also a good conversation partner. You'd be amazed how many people liked to talk and have people listen, rather than have them talk back. So he leaned up against a nearby column.

"So, Canuck, how have you been doin' since you got here? Who's your co-pilot? Or do you even have one?" He pulled out a tooth pick from his jacket and stuck it in his mouth, chewing on it.

Lex had finished all the food on her plate and she sighed in relief. She felt as if she had to eat it all even though she was full after the first few bites. The last thing she wanted to do was waste it and make any more trainees mad. She jumped up and followed Catherine.

"Well i love to shop and party....but there's something I really wanna do that sounds so fun." She always dreamed of swimming in the warm ocean. She tried to swim in Canada once.....bad idea. "I wanna go to the beach in the morning and swim"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matthew tried his hardest to ignore the man but it was hard when it was just the two of them. He opened his mouth ready to talk but stopped himself and crossed his arms. One thing he loved to do was brag and talk about Delta Canuck.

"...my names Matthew...I pilot Delta with my sister..." He broke and could withhold his words which was unusual for him.

Jake nodded. For a moment, he thought of his brother, but he shook his head. "You guys must have a strong drift, being related and all."

He continued to chew on the toothpick and pushed his sunglasses for them to go higher up on the nose. Jake didn't get along with a lot of people, but Jaeger Pilots understood the concept of love and loss, so they were easier to connect with, if only for a short time.

Catherine laughed. "Well we can definitely do that if you want. I love swimming. I have to admit though I'm not much of a shopper or a partier. I like to read a lot." She said with an embarrassed smile. She wasn't about to tell Lexi about all the geeky stuff she also liked, most people thought it was weird. "If you want we can go to the beach tomorrow morning. Its getting a bit late and I have a class to teach bright an early. After that we can go. Do you have a bathing suit with you?" She asked. She had gone out and bought one when she got here it wasn't really something you thought to keep in your gear while being a pilot. "Do you think your brother might want to come too?" She asked suddenly. "He might feel better not coped up inside all day."

Matthew looked to the man and nodded. The siblings had a very strong bond because they had always been together. " What about you...Are you the new arrival that all the repair men have been talking about. Im assuming your an Atlantic pilot since i haven't heard of you" They were the most words he said in a long time to anybody besides his sister. This man reminded him of his older brother.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I don't have a bathing suit" she frowned, but then Lexi smiled, "Of course Matthew definitely needs some time to chill but he's not a big fan of the sun...or socializing...or sand.....but he WILL come" she realized how much he hated.

Jake shrugged. "I am a new arrival. Name's Jake McEwen. Haven't been around long enough to know if they're talking about me. But uh... yeah, I'm an Atlantic Pilot. I pilot the new mech, The Spartan Wulf. I don't have a co-pilot yet and I'll be meeting with the higher ups about that tomorrow," Jake explained as he walked a bit closer and took a seat far enough from him as to not make him uncomfortable, but close enough that they could socialize. He understood this guy's personality, he was a loner. He kept his family close and told everyone else to fuck off. He admired that. It reminded Jake of himself.

"So what does a guy do for fun around here, Canuck?" He sort of smirked at the comment, wondering what this guy actually did for fun.

"Well I'm a new arrival too so i couldn't tell you..." Matthew was just about ask another question when....
~~~~~~~~~~
A loud metallic female voice rang out through the whole Shatterdome. "Category 3 Kaiju detected. Pacific Breach. Nickname: RazorHands. All active Juggernauts engage.
image-5.jpg
[/URL][/img]
~~~~~~~~~~
Lexi jumped at the loud announcement which rocked the whole base. The halls went from being quit and deserted to full and chaotic. Lexi was mad because this was the worst time. It was almost 4 AM and she was tired but she knew her duties. She grabbed Catherines hand and began to run toward the Delta Hangar.

"Shit. Canuck, find your co-pilot... I'll help supervise your Jaeger as it takes off and when it begins fighting. Right now, I can't fight with you two, I don't have a co-pilot. What are you doing still standing here!? Go! Get in your jumpsuit!" Jake nearly shoved him and turned around to look at The Delta Canuck for a moment.

It was an odd feeling, but he hoped it wasn't the last time he saw this jaeger. Jake was going to run to the command station, until he felt like he smashed into someone.

Matthews eyes widened as all the workers quickly cleared Delta Canuck off. The repair men had painted a new Juggernaut logo on both arms of the Jaeger. Everything was happening so fast that he couldnt move. His mind wanted his legs to go but his body was saying no. On a large jumbotron screen video of RazorHands moving through the ocean could be seen. Helicopters were already circling it and trying to make assumptions on its target city. Matthew could only watch as the giant beast easily made its way through the water.

Jake fell down as workers smashed into him. Yet, his sunglasses stay glued onto his face. Damn, he's never been around during one of these times before. He gets to his feet, seeing Matthew not moving. Rage swelled up inside him as he made his way over to him once again.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? Get in that Jaeger, Canuck, or I will personally kick your ass. You have a world to protect and save, soldier! Now get going!" He rushed past him and made his way through the winding hallways to the command station.

Oliver heard the announcement of the category 3 Razorhands, and would let out some air feeling very irritated.

"Damn, this sucks. They won't even let sleep will they". Then he would head to LOCCENT mission control as soon as possible without stopping.

Once jake said that his legs gained back movement. He didnt show it but he was afraid of Jake in that moment. Running through the crowd he found his sister along with Catherine. "Lex we have to go!" He grabbed her arm and pulled her away from Catherine.

~~~~~
When Lex looked back to Catherine after being dragged she disappeared into a group of people. Once they reached the elevator the started there accent. She wanted to be mad at Matthew for just ripping her away from her friend but she thought he had a good enough reason. "Did you see it?" She managed to get out.
~~~~~~~~

"...yeah..." Matthew said nervously. "We can do this Lex, just like the first time." The siblings hugged and the elevator door opened. They were met by a crew that put there suits on. They entered there Con-Pod and started the drift.

As Lex was dragged away Catherine watched the base jump into full gear with a distinct feeling of being left out. She was really no use to anyone during the time. It was a selfish feeling but she couldn't completely suppress it. She was usually called to the command centre to be on hand to provide insight if it was required. Her perceptiveness could be helpful even in the command, it was one of the reason she had been recruited as a pilot. She headed for the proper elevator and made her way to the centre to watch the Jaeger take off.

Jake rushed into command central just as The Delta Canuck was taking off. He looked around. "Is there any other Jaegers available!? The Canuck is the only one? Shit."

The people in mission control turned to him for a moment, some of them trying to answer his question, but he already knew and ignored it. He made his way up the room to the control station. He pulled the mic to his mouth.

"How's it going, Canuck? Good to be back in your Jaeger? And uh... that other girl. Sister. Don't know her name. Don't care enough to," He finished his ramblings. "At the moment, no other jaegers seem to be ready to take off. If we can find the pilots, we'll try and get them going, but for now, you're going in solo."

The metallic female voice rang out again. "Delta Canuck now launching...3...2...1....launch."
~~~~~~~~

The two siblings moved perfectly insync. Multiple helicopters had wires attached to the Jaeger. They lifted and they slowly moved north. If the Delta walked it would never catch up to the amphibious jaeger so they had to fly. They discovered that the Kaiju was heading for San Diego. They needed to reach it before it made land fall. San Diego was one of the only remaining cities along the coast of California. Ever since Los Angeles fell California had been in a bad situation. 5 Jaegers were lost in LA and they lost the Shatterdome.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Matthew and Lex spoke simultaneously,"Solo!" They both had assumed they were going in with a team but they were wrong. None of the other pilots were ready.
"We go this." Lex spoke confidently.

Catherine was standing at the edge of the command when the new pilot she had seen before rushed in and started speaking to Matthew and Lex. She wasn't sure if she should be insulted or impressed at the way he barged in and took over. The commander certainly was not impressed he was glaring at the pilot with tightly pressed lips. Another thought struck her immediately after the first. What was he doing in command in the first place and not suiting up with his partner.

"Oi hot shot." She called over to him. "What are you doing in command?"

Oliver enters the command center and would notice only one Jaeger ready to deploy.
"What the hell, where are the others ?". He'd walk closer to the control station. looking
around LOCCENT.

*guys i have to get off for about an hour or two so just say that im on my way to the kaiju and you guys do what you need*

Jake turned around to see a girl call over to him. He frowned and walked up to her. Hot shot? Oi? The hell she thinks she is? "Why the hell do you think, sweetheart? I don't have a co-pilot. This is the only place I can be."

As the other pilot walked in, he turned to him and walked to the command station. "I assume you have no co-pilot either? Hm?"

Jake walks up to the commander, certainly unimpressed by how the commander ran things here. First mission and only one Jaeger present? By God...

"Hey, you in charge? Why the hell am I and he without co-pilots? Huh? They're facing a category 3 alone and it's their second mission! If they don't come back or one of them dies, it's on your head!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom