Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pacific Rim: Two Front War (always open!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pacific Rim: Two Front War

She peered up at him suspiciously. She was well aware how maze-like the base could be but if he said he didn't need help she wasn't going to bully him. She did enough of that with her trainees, she certainly didn't need to start in on new Rangers as well. "Well then, I guess I will be on my way." She gave him a little salute and started to walk around him but stopped as she walked by. "If you take two rights and a left, you should come out in the central lobby, there is map of the base there on the wall." She grinned and trotted off down the hall.

Matthew didnt show it but he was thankful she have im the advice. "Wait..." He called after her as he ran toward her.

She paused and turned to look at him. "What's up? I know I'm pretty terrible at directions." She joked. "I'd draw you a map but I'm even worse at drawing."

"No the directions were fine, i just wanted to actually introduce my self", because earlier he had mumbled his name inaudibly. He slowly raised his hand to shake hers. "Matthew" He gave what looked like a smile which was hard for him because he hadnt smiled in a long time. It was like exercising a muscle that hadnt been used for ages.

"Oliver". He would nod to Lexi. "So why are you here Lexi ?". He was very curious to know why they were all here considering that he didn't know he was there and figured he would be here for same reason as the other Rangers.

"Well my brother and I got orders that we were to be moved to the Oahu Shatterdome as soon as possible. The Pan Pacific Defense Corps have been a mess ever since the second portal opened in the atlantic. Our orders are to just keep any Kaiju from reaching shore while they build the Anti-Kaiju Wall along the coast." Lex was an over achiever when it came to work and she studied her mission objective thoroughly, though she was suspicious of the sub-organization known as the Juggernauts. She had a feeling that the PPDC had bigger plans for their power house team of Jaegers. "Its going to be difficult though, i mean with all the Jaegers in the Pacific spread thin across the world"

"Yeah, your right. But I feel as if there keeping secrets. And i'm not sure why if they in fact are keeping things from us". He would sigh, and take another glance at Delta Canuck and decides to leave. "See ya around, Lex". He'd exit the hangar and head for his room.

Lex waved him off before sitting down next to the towering mechanical giant. She could only wonder what the PPDC had in store for the Juggernauts. The sun was beginning to set outside and she felt tired. "Goodnight Delta." All the action off moving from Alaska to Hawaii was finally catching up to Lexi and she slowly closed her eyes.

She returned the smile. "Nice to meet you officially Matthew. I'm Catherine." She shook his hand hoping she wasn't still sticky from her training session. "I don't mean to be rude or anything but I was headed towards my room to grab a shore, maybe we could talk more after?" She asked. "My training session today was a bit more intense than usual." She laughed and rubbed her head embarrassed.

"Of course", Matthew nodded his head and let her go. He then made his way to the lobby. Locating the map wasn't all that difficult, but it was a very confusing map. He managed to find an exit that lead to the beach. It was nothing like the icy water and snow of Alaska, infact it was exactly the opposite. This only made him more home sick.

After returning to her rooms and cleaning up Catherine changed into her usual casual attire and left to meander the base. She had wanted to see the new Jaegers but at the same time dreaded going to area where they were stored. Many of the staff there knew her story or at least parts of it and she always heard them whispering about her. If it wasn't them it was new recruits muttering about what a hard ass she was. She sighed and continued aimlessly.

As she crossed paths with the corridor to the dome she couldn't help herself. She headed down the hall and out onto the main floor of the dome. There were currently three Jaegers stationed here with space for two more. Men and women were scrambling about working on various maintenance and repair jobs. She smiled when she saw the Delta and remember Lexi's description. She felt the same pang of jealousy that the younger Ranger's would still get to go out and defend the world while she was stuck here.

With a sigh she pulled an e-reader from her pocket and found a comfy crate to sit on out of the way where she started to read. Most of the workers were too busy to notice her and she studiously ignored all of them.

Oliver wakes up feeling as if he woke up to late, he'd scramble out of bed to check the clock and realizes it was nothing."Why does my mind always play tricks on me like this". Without feeling tired at all, Oliver decides to go to Lighting Green's hangar to check up on him.

Lex awoke from her nap next to her giant Jaeger. She cold hardly sleep with all the noise of large power tools repairing and modifying other Jaegers. She thought about going to her room to sleep but ow that she was up, she was up for good. Plus her stomach made a loud growling noise because she hadn't eaten since she left Alaska. Her light brown eyes scanned the large hangar for an exit but she found something better. She notices Catherine sitting on top of a crate reading peacefully. In her head she debates whether to disrupt her or not but she eventually decides to wave. "Heyyyy Catherine!! Do you wanna go get some grub with me?"

Jake McEwen had recently received a transfer to The Pacific Juggernaut Base in Oahu. His mech, his big ol' beauty, The Spartan Wulf. Sure, while the Spartan Wulf might look big and sound like a name you'd give to something male, but Jake always thought of it as a girl. Just a feisty one.

Jake was just out of the helicopter at this point, being taken around the facility by a director of the facility. He was wearing his usual clothing, a t-shirt, cargo pants, boots, and his jacket slung over his shoulder. Oh, and don't forget his trademark sunglasses. Eventually, he was shown to his own Jaeger, the Spartan Wulf. He's seen it before, but never from this up close. He smirked as he turned to the director, nodding him off, showing him that her job is done.

As he decided to go to his room and get settled, he heard someone on the other side of the hangar yelling hey to someone named Catherine. He poked his head out to look over to the voice. It was a girl, someone he didn't know and really didn't need to know. So his head slowly retracts and he decides to start going through his bags to see if he got everything he needed. He didn't know anyone here and didn't really want to know anyone here. Once he found a partner for the Wulf, he'd speak to him or her but only when he needed to.

Unless she was hot.

What? Oh come on. Don't act like you didn't see it coming.

Oliver dressed up in his casual attire heads toward the main lobby completely confused about what time it was. While on his way to the lobby he'd notice a new Jaeger, Spartan Wulf.
"Wonder when he got here".

Catherine looked up from her book and waved at Lex. She had completely lost track of time and hadn't realized dinner had come and gone. As she jumped off the crate and trotted over to Lex she spotted the director leading another man around. He was obviously a pilot and an arrogant looking one at that. She ignored him seconds after laying eyes on him and stopped beside Lex. "I would love to get some food, I forget to eat lunch." She looked up at the Jaeger that must belong to the new Ranger that had arrived, something about it appealed to her but she couldn't say what. It sort of reminded her of the Dragon. With a sigh she turned her back on that too and lead Lex out of the hangar to the mess.

The room was large and filled with tables laid out in long rows. Even though dinner was done the room was relatively full of people that had just gotten off a shift or were about to start one and needed food. In the base the mess was essentially open 24/7 though full meals were only done at usual meal times. She queued in line with her new friend and waited for the worker to load up her tray. After getting her food she picked an empty table and waited for Lex.

Lex's stomach growled once more and she began to ple as much food as she could onto her plate. She managed to take a few bites while on the way to the table making her taste buds smile and tingle. She was so happy because at her old base everything was bland, tastless, and cold. The brunette plopped down on her seat with and excited look. She didnt really realize how much she had grabbed until she looked down at the full tray. "Wow...maybe i went a little overboard", she said with a giggle. She noticed stares from a table diagnal to theirs. They were some trainees who couldnt get enough of how much Lex had on her tray. One was even rude enough to hide the word "pig!" behind some coughs.

Matthew had fallen asleep on the beach during the sunset. When he got up he noticed how much sand was on him. In his hair, his clothes, and even a little got in his mouth. He made spitting noises as he attempted to remove the salty pebbles from his mouth. "I hate this place!", he yelled at the dark sky above. He had no idea what time it was but he knew it was late.

He made is way off the beach and down to the Delta Canuck hangar. He assumed his sister would be in her bed sleeping like a baby and he was a little bit jealous because honestly he didnt know where his room was. The base was just to damn confusing and he was just to use to home. He wasnt even in possession of any summer clothes. All his clothes were meant for the cold alaskan weather.

Catherine was mid bite when she heard the whispers of the trainees nearby. She set her fork down and stood up slowly. The whispers ceased immediately when the group realized who she was. She turned a vicious glare on them and walked over. "Who said it?" She demanded in a frighteningly calm voice.

The guys at the table all looked around abashed. She continued to stare at them until finally they all pointed at one guy. They all knew what would happen if they didn't oust the speaker. Catherine would put them all through hell in the next session. The guy who had spoken so rudely glared at his group of traitorous friends before confronting Catherine. "What's the big deal, she's sitting over there stuffing her face when the rest of us get rationed meals."

Rage welled up in her and in one swift movement she punched him as hard as she could in the stomach. He doubled over and fell to his knees. "Who here can tell me why the Ranger's are allowed more food then most?" She asked. At this point everyone in the mess was staring at them.

A guy at the table hesitantly spoke up. "Because they need more energy to pilot the Jaeger's and because they need to maintain good health to defend the rest of the world."

She smiled at him and then turned a cold look on the man at her feet. "If I ever hear you or find out about you bad mouthing ANY Ranger ever. I will have you removed from this base and you will NEVER have an opportunity to be a pilot. If you cannot respect the people who are trying to keep the world safe you don't deserve to be one." She turned her back on him and walked back to Lexi and continued to eat as if nothing had happened.

Lexi was in pure disbelief to what had just unfolded before her. Catherine stood up for her unlike many pilots at her last base would do. To them it was all a copetition on who was better but to Lex it was just about working together to defeat the Kaiju. That was one reason the Juggernaut program chose her and her brother. They could work well in a team of Jaegers. "You didnt have to stick up for me Catherine, but thank you for doing that."

The whole mess hall had a tense vibe in the air. Everybody was talking about what had just occured and Lex didnt want to dwell on the negatives. "The poor trainees fear you so much", she said with a chuckle hopefully lightening the mood.

Catherine shrugged. "If they can't handle me how will they handle facing off with a Kaiju." She ignored the muttering behind them and focused on her food. "So on a different note, your brother, he seems uncomfortable here." She said looking up at Lex.

Lex knew the subject of her brother would come up with a lot of people. He was so cold toward others and he really had no social skills. "Matthew...well yeah he really misses the Anchorage Shatterdome. That place suited him well because no one was really nice there and he didn't have to talk to anyone."

Lex and Matthew were complete opposites but yet they balanced each other out in some weird way. She thought of his old nickname back in Alaska. "The other rangers would call him Ghost because sometimes you could hardly tell he was there." She picked at her food with her fork and sighed.

Catherine knew what it was like to be signaled out, she could definitely emphasize with that. "Well I wouldn't count on too many nice people here either." She said with a laugh. "Most of the normal crew here don't bother with the Rangers and well you know how most Rangers are to other teams. Its been like that in the past here but maybe this time will be different." She didn't mean to sound so hopeful about that but she truly did want more cooperation between the teams. She was trying very hard to teach her trainees that being a pilot wasn't a competition or that it wasn't all about the glamour rock star lifestyle. Some of them only saw the perks of being a pilot, those ones almost never made it all the way through training.

She stared into space thoughtfully for a moment. "Your brother seems like a good kid, its just too bad he seems so unhappy here." She didn't mean to say it but it sort of slipped out. "At least he still has you for a partner." It sounded kind of bitter and she gave a small start when she realized she had said it allowed. "I'm sorry...that sounded way worse then I intended."

"No its okay...your right. We are lucky to still be together." Once again her mind imagined what it would be like to lose Matthew. "I dont think he's talked to a single person here yet...he cant even introduce himself. He's so rude sometimes" She tried in the past to help him be more out there but he always was to stubborn saying he didnt need friends because he had her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom