Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

Ya the haven't announced the 4th Phase of the Beta on the FFXIV Beta forums yet but I read the same thing somewhere. I think though the PC is getting additional Beta testing that the PS3 isn't. I may have misread that but who knows. We already have almost enough people for two 4 man parties and we've all picked our classes and races, I am pretty sure we will start our own guild or free company or whatever they are called I can't currently remember.

I am the only one starting in Limsa Lominsa which is probably a good thing since I level faster then all my friends XD I kind of hope they don't release the additional characters on first launch. I think it would be nice to have something like that to look forward to in any future expansions.

Did you have a chance to try a dungeon while you were in the beta? I found as a DPS character the wait times were pretty painful.

kuro_bara said:
Ya the haven't announced the 4th Phase of the Beta on the FFXIV Beta forums yet but I read the same thing somewhere. I think though the PC is getting additional Beta testing that the PS3 isn't. I may have misread that but who knows. We already have almost enough people for two 4 man parties and we've all picked our classes and races, I am pretty sure we will start our own guild or free company or whatever they are called I can't currently remember.

I am the only one starting in Limsa Lominsa which is probably a good thing since I level faster then all my friends XD I kind of hope they don't release the additional characters on first launch. I think it would be nice to have something like that to look forward to in any future expansions.

Did you have a chance to try a dungeon while you were in the beta? I found as a DPS character the wait times were pretty painful.

Well I'm hoping that the 8th of august is when the open beta hits, but either way because of the early acess I get thanks to my pre-oder I can play before launch day :p
They're linkshells in FFXIV, and free companies.
I'm starting my own linkshell with a few friends as well, but I can't decide if I want to play a female lalafell thaumaterge, or a female Mi'qote melee class, I was a female Mi'qote on XI so I think that's what I'll choose, not sure on my class yet though.

I may start in Limsa aswell, depending on what class I go with, but yeah I do level faster than my friends, but that's because I can't put the game down :D On the beta I was mainly trying everything out such as the crafting and quest system and things like that.

No I didn't I got to level 23 lancer but I didn't bother with a dungeon, I wanted to leave them untill the full game, I got alot of people asking me to join, and there were alot of people shouting in areas for help but I was busy.
As for the new classes, I'd like samurai and dark knight to be there from release because I love both classes, but leaving them untill a later patch or expansion would be fine by me as well.

Hmm I did not get as a high a level but I pushed forward in the story and the dungeons are actually required as part of the story arcs. I am torn on that front, I think I both like the idea and am a little worried because in past MMO's dungeons were a stressful thing due to the attitudes of other players.

In the beta I was relieved to find most of the players were helpful and friendly or at least polite.

I will definitely be playing the Mi'qote, I adore them. I think the funniest moment I had in the beta was when I played with my husband. He was a Roegadyn. We were standing facing each other and both of his hit the pose emote. The Roegadyn started flexing and the Mi'qote did the stereotypical cat girl pose it was pretty funny.

Maybe we will end up playing together sometime!

kuro_bara said:
Hmm I did not get as a high a level but I pushed forward in the story and the dungeons are actually required as part of the story arcs. I am torn on that front, I think I both like the idea and am a little worried because in past MMO's dungeons were a stressful thing due to the attitudes of other players.

In the beta I was relieved to find most of the players were helpful and friendly or at least polite.

I will definitely be playing the Mi'qote, I adore them. I think the funniest moment I had in the beta was when I played with my husband. He was a Roegadyn. We were standing facing each other and both of his hit the pose emote. The Roegadyn started flexing and the Mi'qote did the stereotypical cat girl pose it was pretty funny.

Maybe we will end up playing together sometime!

Yeah that is where I got up to in the story, I had to do a run of the dungeon in the Limsa area, La Nocsea if I remember right? I stopped at that point and just started crafting and helping my friend out on the beta.
Well all the time I played on there I found everyone to be very nice and very helpful, I was surpised really, but it was a nice change from some online games where most people are just...well....horrible.

The emotes are awesome! I must have spent 20minutes messing around with them, I love emotes! I just wish the dance emote was on a loop rather than a 5 second run.

Maybe we will, depending on what server we both pick, I said even before I got the beta if there is a Bahamut server that is where I'm going, I was on Bahamut server on XI and I love Bahamut :D
If not...then I will most likely play on either Odin, or Ragnarok.

I am not dead set on any one server and my friends will just join whichever I do so hopefully we can meet up :)

I haven't preordered but I probably should soon, I am currently not working though so its sort of hard to choose what to spend money on and what not to.

Ah I see, I've been thinking about everything for a very long time so I pretty much knew what I wanted before the beta, I'm just stuck on character race and name now, since they've added the first name last name system it gives more freedom, so I'm just thinking of a good name that works well.

I see, I pre-ordered very early, I wanted all of the special items you get, that's why I went for the collector's edition too.

With a game like ARR I think it's always best to start with as many friends as possible, it makes the game much more fun, and you always have someone to ask if you need help :)

Haha I already decided on a name, my husband and I are both using Battlemoon as our last name and I am using my D and D characters first name. The server is the only thing really left to decide.

I agree about the friends thing, in WoW I really only had my husband so all I focused on was questing. I am really excited that all my close friends want to play this one.

kuro_bara said:
Haha I already decided on a name, my husband and I are both using Battlemoon as our last name and I am using my D and D characters first name. The server is the only thing really left to decide.

I agree about the friends thing, in WoW I really only had my husband so all I focused on was questing. I am really excited that all my close friends want to play this one.

I can come up with really awesome female names for fantasy characters, it's just male I have a problem with...and because I want to play a female character I don't want a female name, because...me and my friend made a female character each on the beta and pretty much as soon as we logged in a guy started to bother us thinking we were girls -.-; but you get that kind of person in every online game "OH MY GOD A GIRL! I MUST SPEAK TO HER!" it's kind of odd....

Yeah I've heard WoW has a really terrible community, not very friendly, I tried the free trial up to level 20, I didn't enjoy it, sure they have alot of races and it's quite a big game but I just don't see the appeal, I didn't really like any race or the world.

Hmm if you would like help with names let me know, I love coming up with names. I had a girl name on my character and no one bother me on my server.

You know for all the hate on WoW I enjoyed it and I still occasionally go back to play it. I liked the the races and the stories. I do have good memories playing it. Its just time for something different :)

kuro_bara said:
Hmm if you would like help with names let me know, I love coming up with names. I had a girl name on my character and no one bother me on my server.

You know for all the hate on WoW I enjoyed it and I still occasionally go back to play it. I liked the the races and the stories. I do have good memories playing it. Its just time for something different :)

Well I've got the first name, I'm just stuck thinking up a last name >.<

Ah I see, well I'm always going to pick FF over WoW really, I've been a FF fan for as long as I can remember :p

@Kuro_Bara. I just wasn't feeling sitting there for two or three days downloading it with my crappy internet service lol. I seriously get just under 1MBPS through Time Warner. I am about to switch to the local phone services DSL line. I just wish I could get Verizon's FiOs out here.

Ya my friend had bad service where he was so he came to our house to DL it, it still took several hours and once we got it we ended up having to cheat the system so to speak. There was a mistake with the beta keys for PS3 and a whole bunch of the ones sent out were keyed for US users but given to people outside the US. When we tried to register it wouldn't let us so we had to make a new PS3 account with an American address. (We are in Canada FYI). It was a big pain in the butt and he only really got to play one weekend.

I am not sure of the companies there we don't have any of those ones. I use Eastlink here. Really we only have like two or three options for internet service. The prices aren't a whole lot different and the speeds are about the same for each price tier, fibre op being the most expensive at the moment. The biggest difference for us was the data cap. Our service to my knowledge doesn't have one but if I switch I will end up with one. Boo on that.

kuro_bara said:
Ya my friend had bad service where he was so he came to our house to DL it, it still took several hours and once we got it we ended up having to cheat the system so to speak. There was a mistake with the beta keys for PS3 and a whole bunch of the ones sent out were keyed for US users but given to people outside the US. When we tried to register it wouldn't let us so we had to make a new PS3 account with an American address. (We are in Canada FYI). It was a big pain in the butt and he only really got to play one weekend.

I am not sure of the companies there we don't have any of those ones. I use Eastlink here. Really we only have like two or three options for internet service. The prices aren't a whole lot different and the speeds are about the same for each price tier, fibre op being the most expensive at the moment. The biggest difference for us was the data cap. Our service to my knowledge doesn't have one but if I switch I will end up with one. Boo on that.

No data cap as far as I know of. As for our options mine are limited. Time Warner cable has a monopoly here in New York State so we cannot get Verizon FiOs here yet until that lawsuit is done. As for other options I cannot get any of the satellite companies as my apartment complex does not allow satellites. And the other option is our phone company Frontier. its rather idiotic.

Who here's signed up for the open Beta?

I actually caved and pre-ordered the Digital Collector's Edition after enjoying the last day of phase 3.

I haven't preordered yet, but I plan on doing that very soon. I don't think a date has officially been set yet though. I keep checking the beta forums for updates. :(

kuro_bara said:
I haven't preordered yet, but I plan on doing that very soon. I don't think a date has officially been set yet though. I keep checking the beta forums for updates. :(

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/

On sale August 27th.

kuro_bara said:
Oh I know the official release I meant the open beta date. ^^ Sorry I didn't clarify.

Ah, well, they said that there'd be 3 days or less of a down time between the last Beta phase and the release.

The previous ones were only weekends, I believe this one is a stress test so it'll last a couple weeks. Maybe more.

Awesome! I am doing the Arcanist, if you have a marauder we will be in the same starting town of course assuming we start on the same server haha.

More news on the FFXIV ARR beta pahse 4.

So again this is not offical or anything, but I've recently heard both beta phase 4 and the pre-order early access are only planned to run a week each, the next live letter with Yoshi P is due on the 8th of august and apparently the beta is due to start on the 9th, running for one week, with a three day break so SE can get ready for the early access launch.
The early access will run for one week and will end on launch day.
Again this is just what I've heard, nothing offical yet, but let's hope it does launch on the 9th! I really am finding it hard to wait any longer!!

Not at all, I just wonder why someone who is not a Final Fantasy fan would bother posting on this topic since the topic is about Final Fantasy XIV.....
It would make more sense to simply not post anything, but that's just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom