Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Not what it seems(blair/lady)

Jax looked up at the other man, closing his eyes as Drayke stroked his hair. It felt so nice to be held like this. It was things like this that probably influenced Jax's bisexuality. While Zane was very dominant and nearly violent behind closed doors with his lovers, Jax craved comfort and a gentle touch. It just showed how different the brothers dealt with their fucked up life. "I could call him," he suggested, pressing closer to Drayke. He didn't want to leave this man's side. Not now anyway. He was feeling vulnerable.

Kate held on to him for dear life, screaming with each painful, but pleasure filled thrust of his pelvis. The roughness turned her on and made her feel like more than a woman that ever. Just something about his dominance brought out a whole new feeling from within. While she may be stubborn and taunting at first, it was obvious that she craved for him to just take her and make him his... Because it was exactly that; she was his. While it was still uncomfortable to think about it, she new it was true. She wanted to be his, because she wanted all of him. The dominant man that was fucking her right now, and the mysterious man within that she desperately wanted to know more about. "Oh... Oh, fuck, Zane! Zane!" she screamed as she was hit by her orgasm, quivering around him. She moaned and screamed and arched her back in pleasure, never having cum like that before in her life.

Drayke smiled a little pressing a kiss to his forehead, shifting his hold so he could lok for his phone, leaning over him a little to get it from the table, holding it towards him as he sifted, laying down on his back, resting the man on top of him."Call.Zane'll probably be in a bad enough mood to perk up at going."he said snickering a little because he knew just how badly zane's mood would be since he was mostly stuck in bed.

Zane growled as he felt her enjoying herself, holding her tightly against him,dark laughter slipping from his lips as he felt her coming, his teeth snapping together until he tasted blood, not a deep bite, but enough that it was going to scar as he came holding her against him before slumping against her back, sighing softly as he held her gently, rolling onto his back as he panted, his head pounding with the extertion that it had taken to take her like that. He didn't regret it, but his body was reminding him that he had just gotten out of the hospital.closing his eyes he shifted tugging her against him, gently stroking her hair as he snuggled against her."You okay?"he muttered after a moment.

Jax sighed a little, looking at the phone with nervousness before taking a death breath and grabbing it. He dialed his brother's number, hoping that he was feeling up to getting out of bed for a few hours tonight. No part of Jax wanted to leave this apartment. No. He didn't want to leave this man... As the phone rang, he leaned down and pressed a kiss to Drayke's lips, nibbling at his lower lip a little. "Why don't you check on the food while I talk to him?" he asked, raising his eyebrows. "My mother would die if we burned her lasagna..."

Kate was panting like she had ran three miles, moving to snuggle into his side and looking at him with dreamy eyes. She nodded, trying to catch her breath. "... yes," she murmured, looking absolutely drunk off sex. A little blood dripped down her neck from his teeth, and when she looked down, she noticed her hips were already starting to bruise from his grip he had on her. However, she felt like she on top of the world. "Yea... I'm fine," she whispered breathlessly, looking up at him with a smirk. Then all he sudden, her eyebrows scrunched together, and she raised her hand to feel his cheek and forehead. "You feeling okay? You shouldn't have been doing that so soon..." She swallowed, looking up at him with concern. Fuck, this was it. She was a goner... She was falling for him.

Drayke groaned softly kissing him back, whining as he was nibbled on. smirking as he shifted away,"Hmm she would."he muttered shifting away from him, not about to lay with him while he was talking to zane, with his luck zane would realize drayke was right there.Shifting away he smiled as he went and got the food ready while jax talked.

Zane smiled, the smile dark and lazy, contentment showing in his eyes the violence spent for the moment as he panted, swallowing hard as he leaned his cheek into her hand. Running a mild fever, though if asked he'd say it was from working out. His body was recovering but it wasn't liking that he'd done the drugs, getting sick was just was a side effet of weaking his immune system by posioning himself. "I'm fine."He muttered yelping a little when he heard his phone going off, shifting to grab it off the bedside table he answered the phone, his voice a lazy contented purr as he said."What is it jax?If your calling to check up on me, I'm fine."He growled slightly annoyed because he thought his brother was calling to make sure he wasn't doing anything he shouldn't be.

Jax sighed a little, sitting up on the couch and running his free hand through his hair. "Well, good," he murmured to his brother. He rolled his eyes on the other line. Zane's phone manners sucked sometimes. "Actually, I was calling because I think I'm going to stay at the library late tonight. I have a huge paper due tomorrow, but Dad's got an auction tonight... You, uh, think you can fill in for me? He just needs and overseer for the grooming process. Make sure they look up to par before they hit the stage. I think some of our regular customers will be there, so Dad will be in a decent mood." He shrugged a bit, hoping his brother would give in. "Please, Zane."

Kate sighed and frowned a little. "You should take it easy for the rest of the night," she murmured, but knew he wouldn't. He was not an easy going guy at all... When he answered the phone, she slipped from the bed and went over to the bar, getting him a tall glass of water before returning to bed. She handed it to him along with on of his pills that was prescribed to him, then slipped back into bed beck to him. She loved the feeling of his naked body next to her's...

Zane sighed softly as e ran his fingers through his hair, smiling as he took the pills and water from kate,,"You know, you owe me for this.Dragging me out of my sickbed to go oversee naked women, I think kate's going to have a problem with that."He said more because he wanted to see if she'd be jealous then he really cared if jax dragged im out of bed.His brother knew him, he'd do anything for im,which meant dragging himself out of bed."Be careful.Things get dangerous at the library after dark."He teased though there was a thread of worry in his voice as sat up, starting to look for his clothes, the worry there even if he wasn't really aware of it.ti made him anxious to think about jax being out alone at night, though if he he knew where he really was, the man would probably be yelling by now. Not because he would truly be upset by them being together, it would be because they didn't tell him.

Jax rubbed a hand over his face, a chuckle rumbling from deep within his chest. "Well, Dante will be there. I'm sure he's thrilled about staying at the library with me, but I did get him that new ipad to play with..." He shrugged and leaned back into the couch with a smirk. "Thanks, Zane... I really do owe you, and I promise I'll pay you back some how..." With that, he laughed. "Well, I'm not sure why you'd care about what Kate thought... Unless you care about her more than you are willing to admit?"

Kate looked up at him as he gathered his clothes, tangled in the sheets of his bed with a pout on her lips. What the hell? Why did it bother her so much that he was going to the cell hall? Why did she care that he was going to be around other naked women? Her pout was cute, and genuine. She didn't want him to leave her alone, and most importantly, she didn't want him to suddenly remember that he shouldn't care about her. That she was just another one of his whores.

"Oh no, I care about getting my head beat in for being a pig. I do have to sleep sometime, with my luck she'd try to save the women of the world and kill me."He said snickering before running a hand over his face."Well good.Dante'll make sure you don't get in trouble.Now I'm going to go so I can get ready."He said glancing at the clock as he hung up, standing as he tugged on his jeans, smirking at the sight of kate tangled up in his sheets.Leaning down to kiss her slowly he smiled, that almost shy smile that said while he wasn't aware of how he felt, he cared for her."You look adorable sulking."He teased nuzzling her a little before slipping his shoes on.

"You look amused."Drayke said raising a eyebrow as he walked back into the living room, handing a plate to jax as he sat down next to him, his legs curled up under him as he started to eat the slightly overdone but perfectly acceptable lasanga. While he wasn't the best cook in the world, he was capable of warming things up.

Kate frowned, scooting to the edge of the bed so she could wrap her arms around him from behind as he put his shoes on. "Zane, I thought you might take it easy," she grumbled, leaning her cheek against his back. "And what the hell am I supposed to do in here while you're gone? You don't think someone would try to... come in here, would you?" she asked nervously. It was obvious that part of her wanted him to stay because she wanted to continue laying in bed with him, but part of her was scared to be left alone in this place.

Jax smirked and took the plate, immediately digging in. "Zane's covering for me," he murmured, looking pleased, "So I can stay..." He smiled at that. "But my amusement comes from the way my brother talks about that Abernathy girl. He talks about her like... I don't know. Not just one of the whores he usually gets from my father, but a girl with feelings. It's odd. He sounds like he cares."

"I am taking it easy. I get to stand and ust auction off the girls."He muttered blushing a little,sounding embarassed bout the fact for the first time. Because it upset something to think about how she was going to hate him for that, for being willing to not fight to stop the auction, and sighing sofly before frowning as he looked at her."Of course they wont.It's my room.You'll be fine."he said trusting the guards fear of him to keep them out of his rooms, not realizing that him locking himself up in the room with her had dulled some of the guards fear into lust for her because they wanted the girl that afected him so much.Standing he smiled at her."I wont be gone long.Just rest."He said running his fingers through her hair before he left, heading down to the cell hall.

drayke grinned,"Good."He said glad that the other didn't have to go before smirking sligtly as he ate."Zane caring about someone?"He sounded shocked because it'd been a long time since zane had cared beyond sex about how someone felt about him."he's always talked about her lke that.Even when he was stalking her."Drayke said sounding amused at the thought of his friend's olbivious feelings.

Kate sunk back down into the bed with a huff, looking absolutely irritated that he was leaving. Part of her hated that he was leaving her alone and that he was not obeying doctor's orders, but there was another part of her that felt... jealousy... She didn't want him around any other girls. Well, atleast not naked ones. Not naked women who she knew were probably falling all over him for the chance to be in his bed. One thing she learned from living there was that their women were mostly willing. It was kind of sick when she thought about it. Feeling bored as hell, Kate pulled the sheets over her naked body and turned to turn on a lamp so she could look at the books on the night stand. Most of them were law books, which didn't surprise her. He seemed very focused on his work, and that made him even sexier... Just as she pulled a book open to glance inside, she heard the door open back up. Fearing that it was Zane and he'd get angry at her looking at his books, she quickly shut it and pushed it aside. "Zane?" she called, wondering if he forgot something... But no, it was one of the guards she recognized... then there was two guards.... then three. Kate didn't get to leave Zane's room often, but she knew that these guards were the ones who worked the night shifts on this floor.

Kate looked up at them wide eyed, and they just laughed. Before she knew it, they had her held down, pushed on to her stomach. And no matter how much she screamed for the next couple hours, they never relented. They took her in every way possible, moving from one guy to the next in and endless cycle. It was terrifying and humiliating to be taken like an animal; like one of the other women in the mansion... By the time they were done with her, she was laying in the middle of the bed with tears down her cheeks, bruises on her hips, thighs, and arms, and blood smeared between her legs... She looked like a pathetic sight, sobbing into the pillow so hard that she nearly didn't here what one of the guards said as they were leaving. "You can tell Zane that his father gave us permission," one of them murmured with a chuckle, then left her alone. At that moment, she wanted to just die.

Jax ate his lasagna happily. "Really? How did he act?" he asked, ever knowing that his brother had actually had a soft spot for the girl since the beginning... He shook his head. "Well, it doesn't make anything easier. In fact, it makes everything that much more fucked up." When he finished his dinner, he put the dishes in the sink then went over to his bag, grabbing a book. "You don't mind if I study, do you? I wasn't completely lying about all the work that I have to do." With that, he frowned.

When Zane came down to the cell hall, Alexander was dressed in one his best suits and talking on his phone in a very professional voice. When he saw his son, he hung up the phone. "Where is you brother?" he snapped, looking disapproving, then shook his head. "Never mind. Don't tell me. I've got too much to do, and I don't need anything pissing me off." He nodded to the cells. "Cells 1-50 are being auctioned tonight. They are supposedly groomed and ready to go, but I want them all checked out. I don't want a hair on their body unless it's on their head, and the only clothing they should have on is their collars. Once they are checked out, I need them lined up behind the auction stage upstairs. If one of them starts acting up, throw her back in a cell and I'll deal with her later. Cells 51-60 aren't completely ready for auction, but they will do for replacements if one of my original sales starts acting like a bitch." He took a drink off of a tray that a maid brought by and downed it. "Our customers from France are coming, and you know they are big spenders. I don't have room to be down a girl. Especially a virgin. Which reminds me, don't get the girls mixed up. I want sluts out first, then the virgins. The last fucking thing I need is for some prick the demand that a doctor comes in to check a girl out before they buy her. Takes up too much time." He rolled his eyes a little at that. "And you know the rest of the drill. Don't let me down, alright? We need this to go smoothly tonight."

"He scared the living shit out of the bullies giving her trouble, made sure she didn't have to deal with anyone from the families, you know, the normal things that a cop's daughter really would have had to deal with, had she been left on her own."Drayke said smiling a little as he ate, before laughing shaking his head."Go ahead.I probably should really unpack."he said settling into the living room to unpack things as jax worked.

Zaned as he looked at his father,"I thought your clients would prefer your heir over the second son."He said raising a eyebrow before sighing slightly, anger stirring through his eyes at his father's words."Don't act like this is my first auction. I know what needs to be done."he said before heading down the hall to take care of things, for the first time guilt hamstringing him from being as violent as he wusually was when they climbed all over him, seeming to know that being with him would be less brutal then going to the auction.Shame tightened his stomach as he let the girls get auctioned off, watching from the back of the room as the girls went, turning his head to look at his father as the last went on, the hours having weighed heavily on his mind, his body already pushed to the limits. Swallowing a yawn he looked at Alexander, bowing his head slightly respectively as the men picked their women, the prices going to the obscene heights of men who had nothing better to buy."I am going to bed unless you have something else for me?I'm still not feeling well, and you want me to be able to argue in court in a few days. I need the rest."He muttered because he looked like he wanted to sleep,and more then that, he needed to see kate. He needed to relax, and the pounding headache from being so active was starting to pull his legs out from under him.

Assuming that he would able to go to sleep, not realizing the horror that was awaiting him upstairs.

Alexander sighed a little. "Yes, you may go," he murmured, then gave his eldest son a smile. "You did well. Not one girl didn't go unsold, and I practically had to kick the men out once it was over with." His smile was charming, yet twisted and dangerous. "Made well over 50 million tonight, and I even have that I'm renting out tonight to a couple special customers that decided to stay the night before their flight in the morning." With that, he laid a few thousand dollars in his son's hand like he usually did after helped out on such nights, then headed up stairs with one of his favorite girls, Bethany, to celebrate.

Jax laughed a bit. "Yea, you should," he teased, sitting on the couch with his book. "But don't go overboard, alright? You aren't staying here long." He smiled at the man, trying to make him feel better about getting kicked out of the only home he knew.

"Well, a good night it was."Zane said smiling bemused and glad that it had gone well as he folded the money up and headed upstairs. Walking into his bedroom he grinned."Kate, are yo-"He stopped. Staring down at her in the middle of undoing his tie, his head refusing to process what he was seeing even as he reached for his phone.

"I wont, don't worry."Jack said smiling happily, because he had to believe he was going home soon. He couldn't deal with not thinking about going home, nearly jumping out of his skin as his phone went off, tilting his head as he listend to king of pain play for a moment, worry darkening his eyes as he answered. Listening to the barely contained rage within that purr as zane spoke the worry grew more as he hung up before looking at jax."We have to go to your place."He said already standing, starting to pull on his boots, anxious to get home before the storm broke. He knew zane could handle himself, it was everyone around him that was going to suffer if his brittle control snapped.

Zane moved to the bed, lowering himself to the bed, gently touching kate's hair as he crouched down so she could see it was him."Kate?I'm going to get you cleaned up okay?It's going to hurt and I'm sorry, but you'll feel better after."He said gently, so very gently gathering her in his arms as he walked to the bathroom, holding her in his arms as he toed off his shoes,swallowing hard as he cursed that he was wearing the expensive suit before running the water and climbing in clothed into the tub, knowing better then to get naked in the tub with her, settling her in his lap as he gently wiped her arms and face clean, waiting for her to relax to start really cleaning her up.

Jax looked up from his book, his expression going from casually and friendly to serious and concerned. "What? Why?" he asked, shutting the book and standing up. He didn't have many doubts in Drayke, so he didn't wait for an answer before pulling on his boots and jacket. However, his expression was of disapproval. "Drayke, you can't go in the house and chance one of the guards or my father seeing you. You'd be a dead man."

Kate was in shock, but she was starting to come to in the tub. She was hearing these God awful sounds; sounds of gasping and choking and sobbing... It took her a moment to realize the sounds were coming from her. "Zane? Zane, oh God, it hurts..." she cried, holding on to him and pressing her face into the wet material that covered his chest. She felt so sore, so humiliated and used... She just knew that after this, he was not going to want her anymore. This was the end. However, she held on to him tight, and her eyes gently opened to see him in the tub with her, dressed in one of his nicest suits... The water around them was tinted pink with her blood. Why would he do this for her? She was starting to think her head was hazier than she thought, because she could not understand how this man was being so gentle with her and why.

Drayke didn't answer right away as he headed downstairs his bike keys in hand, knowing better then to take the car. The sleek indian motorcycle would get them there faster."I'll chance it. if Zane gets to the guards first, it's going to be a nightmare."He said shuddering a little as he climbed on the bike handing a helmet to the other."Kate's hurt, and if zane focuses on something besides taking care of her, he's going to kill one of them. He needs someone there to watch his back."He said heading for the house te moment jax's ass hit the seat, knowing that alexander wouldn't watch zane's back, he'd probably pit his eldest son against his guards just to see what would happen.

"I know, I know it hurts.Hold on."He muttered leaning across to the pill bottle he'd set on the toliet, handing her some of the vicoden along with a glass of water."Drink.And I don't care if you don't do drugs, you're going to do these ones."He said his voice hard, the purring edge of his voice just a hint of the anger underneth it, but it was obvious to that it wasn't her, it was those who'd been in his room, had hurt her. gently washing her off, it was obvious that the man wasn't aware really of being still dressed, that he'd ruined the silk and wool suit, looking as comfortable there as if he'd been naked.

"Fuck," Jax cursed, shaking his head and jumping on to the bike. This wasn't good, that was for sure. And it was mainly because he wasn't sure how his brother would react. His brother had never cared about another girl besides their sister, and he just didn't know how the man would handle it. All he knew was that was going to be bad, and there was going to be hell to pay. "Just go through the back gates," he ordered to his friend, "And don't take your helmet off until we are in his room."

Kate whined a little, but took the pill with a shaky hand. She leaned against him with her eyes closed as he washed her off, but the water soon started to grown cold. Kate started to shiver a little, desperately wanting to be clothed and warm and safe. She needed to know that he wasn't going to abandon her now that she was broken, because she had nothing else. She needed him. "Don't leave again," she pleased, "Please. Please, I don't want to be alone..." She sniffed, tears rolling down her cheeks as she tried to focus on the medicine kicking in and the man holding her.

Drayke nodded a little as he followed the directions, moving to the back of the house pausing as they entered the back way, pausing as he walked inside. Breathing a sigh of relief at the empty kitchen he headed up the back way towards zane's room, wincing as he went to open the door then thought better of it. He so didn't want to get shot. Knocking lightly on the door he waited for a anser.

"Shh hold on.I'll get you warm soon."he muttered stroking her hair before getting up,wrapping her up in a towel as he dried her off, before reaching for the sweats and t shirt he'd set out, dressing her before smiling slightly."I'm not going anyways,geek."He teased lightly, the lightness in his voice faked but trying to get her to giggle a little."Come on,geek, we'll get you warm."he said carrying her to the bedroom, thumbing off the safety of the gun as he heard the knock, tucking kate into bed even as he put himself between her and the door, the gun laying against his thigh. "Come in."He said before relaxing with a curse when he saw drayke and jax, setting the gun aside before returning his attention to kate."You're going to get yourself shot one of these days." "It wouldn't be the first time you shot me." "I was talking about dad." "I wasn't leaving you here alone, zane."Drayke growled annoyed by stayed by the door, not wanting to scare kate because just the protective way zane was moving meant she was really hurt which meant he was skating that violent edge of his temper.

Jax moved into the room, making Drayke come in so he could shut the door and lock it. A look of concern spread across the face of the younger Lindstrom brother. Kate looked awful, and Zane looked like he was ready to kill someone in a very painful way. "What the fuck happened?" he asked, his eyes widening. He wondered if Kate had told him, but by the looks of it, she was still a bit in shock. "You need to get her to a doctor, Zane."

Kate snuggled into Zane, trying to stay as close to him as possible. She yelped when she heard someone come in, but calmed down when she heard the familiar voices of Drayke and Jax. Zane's brother had a similar tone of voice that Zane did, which gave her an odd sense of comfort. "Do you think I should see a doctor?" she whispered, looking up at him with concern. Jax narrowed his eyes at his brother.

Zane swallowed hard as he curled his muscular body around kate as she sat in his lap, trying so hard to not to shiver, though you could tell the man was cold,even if he didn't say anything as he held her."Yes."He muttered against her hair pressing a kiss to her hair. Drayke sighed looking relieved that the man had agreed, because it would have killed him to kick his ass to just take her to the doctors."We should-" "No.Bring her here. Carina's on call at the ER tonight,get her over here."He said in that soft sing song voice that said he was going to kill someone like this.

"I don't know. This...this happened while I was downstairs."Zane said glancing up at jax, guilt filling his eyes, because this was just one more person he had failed so spectucularly that if he had been left alone he would have fallen apart by now. "I'll get Carina."Drayke said already moving to the bathroom to call, knowing there had to be a reason zane wanted a trauma doctor who specialized in rape cases. If his guess was right, there was going to be less guards in the house soon enough.

"...did you get any work done?"Zane muttered looking up at jax, trying to focus on something, needing something to think about but the guilt that was eating him alive. Burying his face against kate's hair he sighed softly.

Jax felt his stomach drop. Fuck. This was his fault. If he had just come home and worked the auction, Zane would have stayed in bed and this would have never happened. Shit. He had never felt so guilty in his life. Because the first time Zane looked even close to as upset as he did the night Sorsen died, it was because of Jax... "I, uh, yea," he murmured, nodding carefully, "A little." He couldn't tell Zane the real reason. Not now. He was too upset. "Why don't you go get some dry clothes on? I'll stay with Kate. You trust me, don't you Kate?" His voice came out soft and inviting, much more gentle that you would think a mobster could ever sound.

Kate hesitated for a moment, then looked into Jax's eyes. She slowly nodded, then looked over at Zane. "Go change," she insisted, obviously calming down a tad. Her voice was raspy from the screaming. "I'll be fine..."

Zane though looked hesitant about moving away from her before looking at jax, the anxiety about leaving even just for those moments showing in his eyes before he set her down on the bed,getting up."I'll be right back."he said kissing her softly before getting up and gathering some dry clothes. Drayke stepped out of the bathroom as he walked in, ignoring the ruined suit, knowing better then to tease zane at the moment before he looked at kate."Carina'll be here soon.She's just across town."He said twitching a little, because he so wanted to hold jax, needing the comfort in seeing his best friend so upset and knowing there was nothing he could do.

Stepping out of the bathroom zane looked calmer, giving jax a look for getting to close before climbing into bed with kate, gently drawing her against his body as he curled up against her, holding her as he looked at the guys. "....you're looking weird,dray." "I am not." "...you got laid.you're all relaxed and shit." "Did not." "You are such a liar." "Shut up zane. I swear to god, I'll shoot you again." "You missed me the first time." "I wont this time. I'm older." "You're going grey to." "Zane!" "Eyesight's going, can't see well enough to hit a target."Zane said the arguement distracting him,and hopefully kate, which was actually his intention in harassing his friend,because he didn't want to think about everything, and harassing drayke about things always made him feel better.

Kate giggled a little through her tears at the boys' arguing, sniffing a little and leaning into his chest. Jax was sitting in a chair across the room looking tense ever sense his brother mentioned Drayke getting laid. He was so not ready to tell his brother, not at all, and he couldn't even make his body language normal enough to look calm about it. The whole idea of him sleeping with Drayke was going to really piss of his brother... Thankfully, before things got weird, Carina walked in the door. She was a younger doctor, but a well-practiced one. She was actually the daughter of Dante, one of the Lindstrom's most trusted guards, so she had inherited a strong tie to the mob. She was well taken care of financially for keeping her mouth shut, and she was very loyal.

"Good evening, boys," she murmured, setting her large back on the chair. "Now you three are going to have to get out. I refuse to do such a procedure with you breathing down my neck, and I'm sure the girl would like some privacy." She looked down at the two in the bed with a look of confusion. It wasn't every day that you saw Zane looking so gentle and concerned. "I'll check her out thoroughly, and I've brought pain medication." She nodded for them to leave, then smiled at Kate. "Everything will be okay. I practically grew up with these men. I know what they are capable of." Kate smiled a little at that, taking comfort in knowing she could trust the other woman.

Drayke to was tense, though he tried not to think about it. the last thing Zane needed right now was to figure out how he'd gotten laid. Zane looked up from where his head was resting on kate's chest, looking ready to dig his heels in about leaving, yelping as Drayke reached around Carina,"Excuse me, Rina, I'll get him out of your way."He said before grapping his best friend's arm and dragging the sputtering man out of the bed.

"I'll be back."Zane grumbled smiling a little at kate as he was dragged out of bed, beforee walking out of the room with a sigh. Leaning against the wall with a sigh, he sank to the floor, resting his head on his knees.Drayke shared a concerned look with jax, because he had no idea how to deal with zane like this. By the time Zane had come around after Sorsen died, he'd had been drugged to his eye teeth so the anger and grief had been dulled.This....he had no idea what to say. "Well,your not shot.Or the one going to the hospital.That has to be a improvement."He said after a moment because he figured if he got zane annoyed with him, it'd keep him from going after the guards. "You weren't here. You shot me last tme I was in the hospital. Maybe you should shoot me this time." "Why?" "Well,I might not have pulled the trigger this time, but I still got her hurt."Zane said, momentarily forgetting Jax was there in his pain, or that Drayke wasn't aware he knew."Zane, you're not the one-" "Liar."Zane growled, his voice muffled against his knees as he closed his eyes,his shoulders shaking a little as he cried. Not just for kate being hurt, but the guilt of getting her hurt. Drayke stared at the slightly older man, at a loss for words how to reassert the lie that he'd been telling, a lie zane had obviously always known was a lie.

Jax looked down at his brother, pain striking his heart. He could not remember the last time he saw Zane cry. Well, yes, he could. When their sister died. So that made everything that much more real. Whether he liked to admit it, Jax's brother as falling for the girl in the other room. It was becoming more and more apparent that Kate was not just "one of the girls" around the mansion. She was different to Zane, and that scared Jax a little. Because the mob was not a place to bring the fragile things you love; they almost always got crushed in the process. And what was going to happen to Zane if something happened to Kate? He sighed and moved over to his brother, laying a hand on his shoulder. "She'll be okay," he promised, looking up at Drayke with guilt in his eyes.

Carina came in an hour or so later, looking at Zane with a concerned look in her eyes. "She's fine. Nothing too serious, but she'll be sore for a date. I can tell that it was very brutal, so I gave her some strong pain medication through an IV. She will be asleep until morning." She glanced at the other boys, then back to Zane. "However, I need to speak to you alone for a moment."

Back
Top Bottom