Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jugger82

Singularity
Character Thread
OoC Thread

Current RP Story
Prologue --- Post 1
Outside of Atlanta on a separate side of the city where Shane's group originally was located, a group of survivors gather and try to decide on what exactly they should do. Stay for a chance that the military will roll through, or go to a different location in search of a safe haven?

Rules
No God Modding
No Power Playing
No Flaming
No Spamming
Any posts that are purely OoC should go into the OoC thread.
You cannot kill characters without their approval.
You MUST PM me your character profile before I approve it to be posted in the Character Thread.
You must establish a post order for your group when there are multiple people RPing in the same group at the same time.

"Just another day. Another kill. Another box of expired food." Nathan murmured to himself annoyed with how things progressed. He and this other survivor, Emma, had been traveling for a few days now. He believes Atlanta, if it hasn't already been scavved enough to be a desolate and supply-void town, is a great place to bunker down. He had not heard of the military gathering there; Nathan never listened to the Radio and TV communication cut out long before he even tried to see what was going on. He just knew one thing: The end of the world was here. And it was the zombie apocalypse. Not as happy as everyone makes it out to be. "Fucking dumbasses..." He said out loud. He was...sort of cornered at the moment. Hidden in a dumpster as some walkers roamed the area around. He was silent as he spoke to himself and listened for the moaning and groaning of the walkers as they slowly began to disperse from the area.

"Dumbass people making this a joke...Dumbass me making this a joke. This World War Z shit...Not as fun as everyone thought. All fun and games until someone is bitten and you're forced to take them down or die yourself." He poked his head out and saw one walker. He didn't want to risk it. He sat back down and looked to the box of cookies he managed to find in a scavving trip. "Fucking TV...Fucking Radio...God dammit...Everything is out. How the hell was I supposed to know Atlanta would be...overrun by these fucking walkers..." He sighed and poked his head out, looking up to the building that Emma was stationed in. It was their personal place to live for the time being until things cleared out. A hotel. He made sure there were no walkers; he cleared the place out himself and boarded every window and door on the ground floor that he found. When the time was right, he jumped out and ran for the walker, slamming his pocket knife into the back of its head and pulled it out.

He didn't even wait to relish in the glory of taking down one of them and feeling good about ending their misery. He ran to the hotel and opened the door to get inside. He boarded it up once more and looked to Emma, tossing her the box of cookies. "Thats all I got. They're probably expired."

Emma had been busy reorganizing her medic stuff out of pure bordem. She turned to see Nathen run in and re bored of the front door and toss her a box of cookies. She nodded to his commit and said "well its better then starving maybe its high time we leave this place soon and travel some more maybe find a new city or something or more survivors ." she took out a cookie and sure enoch it tasted stale but she ate it anyway. She looked around and found some old tasting water to wash it down with. she tossed back the box of cookies to Nathen and turned her head away for a minute. she then stood up and walked to a window and peered thou the cracks at the day walkers. She had a moment of bad memories like she did before everything went to pot and not wanting Nathan to see her sad she went up to her room and closed the door behind her like she always did to be alone. She wanted so much but right now she did not know if she could have so she acted tough and even snaped when she got in this mood so she would walk off to be alone.

Eventually so, Nathan would soon come up to see Emma. He knew how hard it was for her to be put into a world like this. A world of man-eating corpses that seem to do nothing more than eat and eat and eat, and whatever they don't eat only comes back as one of them if the head is still in full. And even then, that corpse would simply try its best to just eat and eat. Knocking on Emma's door, Nathan would walk in slowly. First a head peered in and then he would walk in. "Emma...Are you alright? You are having another one of your...moods...again aren't you? Do you need to talk or anything?"

Doc hated his life. Oh so much.

He knew this to be true as he sat in the truck he had "liberated" from a dealership in Texas. It was strongly built, had a powerful engine, four by four drive, was air conditioned, had thick metal plates welded on half-assedly by him, and was completely out of gas. Well, not completely. He was running on fumes when he shut the truck off. Now he was parked in an alley in Atlanta, Georgia, of all places. Doc rested his forehead on the steering wheel and let out a sigh.

He was sure the government was lying when they said it was safe in Atlanta. And even if he wasn't, he knew he shouldn't have come here anyway. The announcement of safety in Atlanta attracted thousands of people there like moths to a flame. And that was like ringing the dinner bell for these things. Not to mention the possibilities of the infected being in the city to begin with, along with the infected tagging along in the mobs that headed towards the city.

The government fucked up on a lot of things, but the Atlanta Announcement, as he liked to call it, was the biggest. The CDC shouldn't have been experimenting with the infection in a highly populated capital city anyway. While there were containment procedures to prevent an outbreak of a disease in the CDC, the hadn't ever dealt with a disease that brought the dead back to life. They should've taken more precautions, like a more secret research facility or higher containment procedures.

But there was no wallowing about the past now. He couldn't fix this, he didn't even know how to fathom beginning to fix this other than waiting it out. The infected were, technically, dead, and deteriorating. Humanity's best bet was to stay low and avoid the infected for as long as they could until they decomposed into mush that would be cleaned up.

He looked up from the steering wheel and spotted something. A mostly closed grated-door to a maintenance garage door in the back of a hotel. Mostly being the key word. That would mean it would be unlocked. He grinned as he turned the ignition and pulled the truck up to the garage. Hopping out, he looked under the door, his pistol out and his flashlight on, shining it into the garage. No feet meant no infected. He flicked the safety off on his pistol, though, just in case. He pulled the garage door up, still seeing no infected persons. Good. Rushing back to his truck, he pulled it in, thanking whoever was watching that the garage was big enough. He turned the truck off and hopped out, quickly closing the garage door.

He looked around, seeing a door that opened to the inside. Walking up to it, he attempted to open it. It budged a bit, but it was being blocked. Either someone was in there already, or someone had blocked it in the beginning and had since left. He knocked on the door, loudly enough to attract the attention of anyone inside.

"Hello? Is anyone in there?" Doc asked. He had to speak loudly for his voice to reach through the door. "If there is, I just want a place to lay low for a while, at least until I can find some gas for my truck and some extra supplies. I mean no harm, I promise!" Maybe something else would work. "I got some spare food I can share. They're MREs, but they're probably better than whatever you're eating." He waited a few more seconds before sighing.

"Look, if I don't get a response from anything living in the next sixty seconds, I'm busting the door down and killing anything that moves, alive or dead. Your move."

Emma looked up at Nathan and was about to speak when she heard someone yelling downstairs. She got up and said "look this will have to wait we got some compuny". She grabbed her only pistol and with out anther word ran downstairs. She knew from the sound of the voice it sounded like a male and a surviver but she would not let that fool her. She peeked out of her window cracks again and sure enoch the dude look very much alive she did not think the walkers would be driving a truck maybe eating something but not driving a truck. She pointed her gun at the door and said "yea who goes there and why should we let you in you could try to take over the place and leave us for he walkers or be one yourself and I was here first with a friend". She was snapping at the dude and she knew it but by gosh Nathan was the only other surviver she came across and she did not think there was any more left just her and Nathan.

"Yeah, who goes there and why should we let you in you could try to take over the place and leave us for the walkers or be one yourself and I was here first with a friend." Doc sighed disappointingly and palmed his face. He knew she said "we" and "with a friend", meaning at least one other person. He knew she sounded suspicious of him, which was natural. He heard that she had a gun and wisely assumed she was pointing it at the door, causing him to move to the side behind the cover of the brick wall. He heard that they called the infected "walkers", which could be derived from their stumbling gait.

But it sounded like her fears were making her stupid.

"One, I listed no harm and edible food for a reason to let me in, and only asked for a place to stay while I searched for gas and some extra supplies. Two, I'm pretty sure that it's self evident that I'm a survivor, alive and not infected." Doc sighed a bit.

"And Three," Doc started, laying on thick sarcasm. "I could not be a 'walker' because I do not display the following behaviors nor do I have the following symptoms," Doc counted off the reasons on his fingers. "The behaviors being moaning, rasping, pounding at the door repeatedly in a futile attempt to reach for succulent human flesh, shambling, and having that dead look in my eyes that the infected share with most abused strippers. The symptoms, none of which do I display, are decomposing flesh, cataracts in my eyes, incoherence, a fever, yellow finger nails, blackened and non-clotting blood, and the final symptom being the biggest stickler of all, the one that everyone seems to forget, is BEING A FUCKING CORPSE!" Doc yelled out the last part, the sarcasm very evident in his voice throughout his entire tirade.

"Now, if I could talk to your hopefully saner friend, than we can all come to an agreement. If you are considered the sane one, then I, and the rest of the human race, are completely, and utterly, FUCKED!" Doc sighed.

"I'm sorry I yelled. I'm a bit frustrated, what, with the other people I've encountered since Phoenix being very, very stupid. Might I please speak to your compatriot so that we may negotiate my staying and your non-starvation?"

"what you have food Iam so sorry about my attaitude Iam in my mood again where i do not care what others think i snap at them due to the fact well i wont go much further then that okay come in but be quick about it "Emma said thou the door and opened it for him . She stepped aside to give him room to come in . She then shut the door once he was inside and said "find a spot for all of your food but do not touch the cabinets with the red cross on them those are my medical supplies and no one touches them but me." She put her gun away and turned and left him standing there and headed up to her room and shut the door with a loud thud. She tossed her gun on the side of her bed and laid down on it fighting back the screams now she was with two men but no one from her family showed up . She knew they was gone but how is she suppose to find friends and more when she can't even talk about her lonely ness in front of Nathan much less this new guy in the house. She let the tears fall for a bit then cleaned up and let out a sigh. She then came back down stairs and said "so what is your name sorry about what i did just got moody."

"What, you have food? I am so sorry about my attitude, I'm in my mood again where I don't care what others think, I snap at them due to the fact... Well, I won't go much further than that. Okay, come in, but be quick about it." Doc was, understandably, wary at the sudden change in behavior as the girl opened the door.

"Forgive me if I don't holster my weapon," He said, walking in. She shut the door behind him, and he quickly looked back at her, his trigger finger now readily on the trigger, though his barrel was still pointing down. He didn't like where this was going. He really didn't want to kill two survivors, but he's done it before, and he'd do it again if he had to.

"Find a spot for all of your food, but do not touch the cabinets with the red cross on them, those are my medical supplies and no one touches them but me." Medical supplies? He could make great use of those... If he ever got the chance to get near them, anyway. Wait... She began with food. All his food. Right. Like he was going to give them all his food. Of course, she might not have meant that literally, but still. He'd bring in a box. No more, no less. Given careful rationing, it would last a couple months for them.

He pointed his thumb behind him towards the garage. "Food's in my truck, I'll go and get it." He walked back into the garage as the girl walked up to what was sure to be one of the many rooms above them in the hotel. He took out his keys and lifted the lid over the bed of the truck before he opened the tailgate. In the back was boxes of MREs, still bound by stapled plastic wire, and purified water jugs, plus four Jerry gas cans, all empty. If he could find a ride out in the streets that was still full of gas, he could use that to transport the Jerry Cans to one of the locations in the city that would have more fuel for him to use, like a police station with a garage or a nearby military outpost or checkpoint, or even the CDC building itself. It was built to be self-sustaining in times of such a crisis where a disease spread so far and so fast that they couldn't cure it.

But that was for another time, as he was stuck here with the over-reactive, possibly unstable girl and her friend, who was all but silent. He saw the blood on the guy's hand, and knew that it wasn't a bite. Still, he had some hospital cleaning agents the guy could wash his hand with to get rid of the blood, and any chance of spreading an infection via eating the damn food or drinking the water or getting cut.

He pulled out one of the boxes, the sides of them smacked in black ink, "MREs: MEALS, READY TO EAT", and a water jug, letting them rest on the ground as he shut the tailgate and the bed-lid before carrying them inside. He set them in a corner, pulling out his knife and cutting off the plastic containing the box.

"So what is your name? Sorry about what I did, just got moody." Doc sighed as he looked back seeing the girl as she came down the stairs, an eyebrow raised.

"I know, you talked about apologies and moods and whatever. Saying sorry again and explaining it with 'one of your moods' is rather unnecessary due to the fact that I really don't care." He went back to opening the box, slicing the tape at the edges of the box.

"People call me Doc, so I suggest you call me that too." When he was done opening the box, he walked over to the front and looked out the window. There were a few of the infected out there, one dead, but nothing to really worry about, even in close quarters. He looked back at the two and sighed, shaking his head.

"Who freaks out at a few measly infected anyhow," He muttered to himself. These two were rather easily spooked, for a pair of survivors in an apocalypse. Of course, they hadn't seen Phoenix at the beginning of the outbreak. More people died from each other than the infected, both for beliefs that those murdered were infected and because they were a bunch of assholes who liked killing a bit much. His family died because they were accused of being infected.

He didn't like going back to where he went when he found out.

"So why are two kids hiding out in an abandoned hotel with minimal supplies, an over-reactive phobia to walkers, two pistols," He looked at the cookie box. "And a box of two month old cookies?"

Emma looked at Doc and said "Iam not afraid of the walkers okay just that Iam lonely okay i miss my family my old job working as a medic but all of that is gone now even the friends i worked with ".

she walked over to her window and said "we have not had much luck in supplies but i did mange to bring back all of my medical supplies so if anyone needs their wounds cleaned up Iam the person who can do it".
She found a seat and took the box of cookies and ate one saying "if all you had was stale food you eat it sense that was all Nathan could find out here for us to eat that and some water i think been out in the heat too long".

She looked at Doc and said "so those MRE's how do you get the food out of there i mean look at how small them packages are and Iam hungry".

wildkat said:
Emma looked at Doc and said, "I'm not afraid of the walkers. I would say the word 'lonely' right about now, alright? I miss my family, my old job working as a medic, but all of that is gone now, even the friends I worked with."

She walked over to her window and said, "We haven't had much luck in supplies, but I did manage to bring all of my medical supplies, so if anyone needs their wounds cleaned up, I'm the person who can do it." She found a seat and took the box of cookies and ate one.

"If all you had was stale food, you would eat it, since that was all Nathan could find out here for us to eat. That and some water I think has been out in the heat for too long."

She watched him take out the MREs and since she was never in the military, she had no idea what those brown packages where. She asked, "So those MREs... How do you get the food out of there? I mean, look at how small those packages are, and I'm hungry."

"I'm not afraid of the walkers. I would say the word 'lonely' right about now, alright? I miss my family, my old job working as a medic, but all of that is gone now, even the friends I worked with." Doc looked at the girl. She didn't look much like a medic, or whatever she called herself. Medic wasn't much of a real job from before, so she could have been... something. EMT maybe? But she was too young.

"I highly doubt that you aren't afraid, especially since you believed I was a walker, even though all evidence pointed to the contrary. Your fear clouded your judgement, and that's how I know you both are afraid, since he didn't do anything about it."

"We haven't had much luck in supplies, but I did manage to bring all of my medical supplies, so if anyone needs their wounds cleaned up, I'm the person who can do it." Doc chuckled.

"Yeah, and I can patch people up, give them proper medicine and identify what ails them." He looked at the girl. "I don't call myself Doc for shits and giggles."

"If all you had was stale food, you would eat it, since that was all Nathan could find out here for us to eat. That and some water I think has been out in the heat for too long."

Doc shrugged, pulling out one of the square, brown packages that contained the MREs. "Heat doesn't really affect water all that much, other than it's temperature. And the cookies aren't stale, they're downright expired. You could get food poisoning from eating them." He said, looking at Kat, who already ate a cookie.

"And you already ate a few. Great."

"So those MREs... How do you get the food out of there? I mean, look at how small those packages are, and I'm hungry." Doc tossed a couple of MREs to the pair. "Meals, Ready to Eat. Military rations with a shelf life of five years, and the taste to go with it." He looked around. It wasn't much. The hotel, he saw from the alley, was only a few stories tall, but was still in a heavily urbanized part of the edge of the city. "The MREs are completely filling, and have many of your basic needs in one pack, from a meal to coffee substitutes, water purification tablets, even toilet paper." He observed that the boy - Nathan - had a hunting rifle and a hunting knife, and the girl had a small pistol and sai. Why the hell she had a sai, he could not fathom. In any case, the sai would be ineffective against the infected, as would the pistol. Same could be said with the hunting rifle and the knife of the boy.

He had bets that they would be dead within the month, either from starvation, other humans taking advantage of them, or through infection.

"Now, I know the boy's name from you, but I don't know yours," Doc said, walking towards the front door. "And what are you two to each other anyway? Brother and sister, boyfriend and girlfriend, master and slave, what?" He looked at the way the door was boarded up. It wasn't exactly prime construction, there were a lot of materials wasted that could be used again, but it was what the boy thought it could keep them safe. He looked at the pair. "I don't judge, really. I just wanna know so I know that you guys won't kill me in my sleep." He snorted at that. Like that would ever happen.

He never slept.

Emma looked at the doc and said "what you wanted me to just risk it and open the door but yea you did not show any signs but then again i had people who did not show signs feed other people to the walkers so they could live how did i know you would not have done the same thing".

Emma smiled and said "well it would be good to have a Doctor around after all I know a few stuff but Iam no way a Doctor of sorts so there are some things i do not even know".

Emma just shrugged and said "food poisoning would be a better way to go then to be eaten by the walkers or infected by them".

Emma took one of the brown packages and read beef stew . She then tore into it like she had been starving for months and going by the directions she soon had herself a meal of beef stew and juice. she sat down and began to eat it.

She looked up at him after a taking anther bite and said "The name is Emma and Iam not his girlfriend just a friend we are friends not related in anyway but sense there is lots of room here you can stay here Iam sure ". She went back to eating before adding "Thanks for the good food never tasted something so good where did you get all of these got to be more we could round up stock up and pray things get better".

wildkat said:
Emma looked at Doc. "What, you wanted me to just risk it and open the door? Yeah, you didn't show any signs, but then again, I had people who didn't show signs feed other people to the walkers so they could live. How did I know you would not have done the same thing?"

Emma smiled when Doc mentioned that he was a Doctor. "Well, it would be good to have a Doctor around. After all, I know some stuff, but I'm in no way a Doctor of any sort, so there are some things I don't even know."

Emma just shrugged at Doc's comment. "Food poisoning would be a better way to go then to be eaten by the Walkers or infected by them."

Emma took one of the brown packages, the label on the top reading beef stew. She tore into it like she had been starving for months and, going by the directions, she soon had herself a meal of beef stew and juice. She sat down and ate.

She looked up at him after a taking anther bite and said, "The name is Emma and I'm not his girlfriend, just a friend, we are friends, not related in anyway. But since there is a lot of room here, you can stay, I'm sure." She went back to eating before adding, "Thanks for the good food, never tasted something so good, where did you get all of these, there has to be more we could round up, then stock up and pray things get better."

"What, you wanted me to just risk it and open the door? Yeah, you didn't show any signs, but then again, I had people who didn't show signs feed other people to the walkers so they could live. How did I know you would not have done the same thing?" Doc shrugged as he looked outside the window. There wasn't as much of an infected presence anymore, maybe on or two in front of the building, and a couple more along the street.

"Because I wasn't in any immediate danger, there weren't any walkers around for me to throw you at, and had you shown any further aggression, I would've killed you both anyway." Doc shrugged at his comment, looking back. "Nothing personal or anything, just business as usual. You understand, right?" He looked back outside, taking out his note pad and jotting down some notes about the surrounding area outside the hotel.

"Well, it would be good to have a Doctor around. After all, I know some stuff, but I'm in no way a Doctor of any sort, so there are some things I don't even know."

Doc raised an eyebrow, though it was unseen by the two. "You talk like I'm planning to stay..." He muttered, putting away his notepad. From what he remembered from reading his map, and where he was, he knew that there were three gas stations within five miles of the hotel, along with a fire house, a police station and an old gun store. He'd check the fire house and the police station first, since they had their own fuel supplies for their vehicles, not to mention the cop shop had an armory that, hopefully, wasn't pillaged. The gun store he had little hope for, but he'd check that out afterwards anyway.

He heard the girl talking some more, but didn't pay much attention, still planning out what he was going to do. "The name is Emma, and I'm not his girlfriend, just a friend, we are friends, not related in anyway. But since there is a lot of room here, you can stay, I'm sure." Now that caught his attention. He turned to the two, the girl - Emma - still eating with a frenzied passion.

"Thanks for the good food, never tasted something so good, where did you get all of these, there has to be more we could round up, then stock up and pray things get better."

Doc blinked at the first comment. "It's... it's never as tasty as you portray it to be. In fact, most people share aversion towards MREs due to their apparently bland nature."

Then Doc ran the rest of what she said through his head, and regrouped with his original train of thought. "It sounds like you expect me to stay longer than I intend and hole up here until some kind of imaginary cavalry arrives to save the day." Did these kids think that the government still existed?

They were in for such a rude awakening.

"well good to know your not someone who trust people easily " emma remarked to his commit about killing them both if he had to. She watched his every move trying to figure this guy out after all she never knew someone so clam where everything is gone to pot.

She let out a sigh and said "well if your not going to stay where are you going to stay i mean last i checked your the only other one not infected i have seen sense me and Nathan ran into each other a few days after things got really bad and Iam shooting people i know and love ". she gave him a carious look .

Emma laughed for what sounded strange to her for its been a long time sense she laughed even Nathan would rearly hear her laugh or see her smile but he did mange to cheer her up when she was in a sour mood. "when all you eat is stale food and food gone bad this would taste like the rainbow to you ".

"Well who said no one will come looking for us i mean the government is still out there somewhere i mean they have to be after all the militery is trained for stuff like this right". Emma was hoping so cause if now what is she going to do in a time like this .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom