Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To Train A Dragon Rider (Distain2003 & darkangel76)

Liana nodded, her mind trying to understand why Thanos kept on telling her that she had to stay hidden away inside. ‘Just what is he up to?’ she thought to herself.

Each time Thanos told Liana to stay indoors, she felt as though the intensity with which he spoke became more dire, making her that much more fightened than she already was. Though, she’d never let on just how frightened she was becoming. It was clear that this trip he was to take was important and she had a feeling it had something to do with their running away together. So, for him… for them… she’d stay silent, keeping her fears to herself. Fear of what dangers he may be placing himself in, fear of what he thought could hurt or influence her while away.

All Liana could do was focus on Thanos’ return. Ignoring his statement indicating the possibility that he very well may not. The idea that he may not return made her feel sick inside, like she wanted to die. The thought of being abandoned, being stuck where she was in the mountains, was the last thing that bothered her if such a fate were to come to pass. No. It would be having to live out the rest of her days without him. She knew very well that she couldn’t. That she wouldn’t.

Trying to hold on to something happy, something to think on while Thanos was away the next day, Liana wrapped her arms about his body.

“I promise, just…” Liana’s voice trailed a little. “Just please be careful. Please return to me.”

Liana looked up into Thanos’ eyes and gave him a smile. Her pale eyes were slowly filling with tears. Tears she wanted to hold back so that she could show him just how strong she could be. The moment she felt one fall from the corner of one of her eyes, she leaned in close to him, her mouth moving to nibble softly on his neck. She needed to focus on the here and now. On the moments they had together before he left.

“Thanos,” Liana whispered, her voice trembling. “Make love to me. Give me something to remember while you’re gone tomorrow.”

He gently touched her lips and nodded he would do his best to be safe though he knew that was a contradiction to what he was doing. Letting out a soft sigh he smiled and kissed her tenderly moments after she asked him to make love to her. Gently he shook his head and laid his hand on her breast looking into her eyes his touch meant perfectly innocently. "No my love, I will make love to you the moment our feet touch our new home. Once we are free we will make love again, that way you can remember me as the fiancée that loves and cares about you. Not the lover who ravishes you when ever he needs to release his tension. " He smiled lifting his leg and draping it over over hers and hooking hers pulling it to him.

He gently rubbed her upper arm as he kissed her lips tenderly over and over just wanting to remember those gentle soft kisses for ever. Smiling he slipped his hand and rested it over her heart, he was going to have to do some serious planning to get this plan working flawlessly. Finally he smiled and moved to stand vanishing out the door for nearly 5 minuets before returning with a small glass vile filled with a deep viscus liquid. He then returned to her side kneeling before her still wearing his shorts and little else.

"A gift before i leave you ask how i can understand Strag even though he does not speak. This is how..." He held out the viscus liquid to her looking into her eyes. "When we finished our training we all drank the blood of a drake and... when we recovered we could hear their communication. It will not feel good at all much like fire replacing your blood. But once you recover in the morning... Strag can tell you himself he thinks your lovely. " He said softly wondering if she would want to drink it, he would never force her the pain was all but unbearable and he would never force that on her.

It touched Liana deeply that Thanos wanted to wait to make love to her again. Though she knew he cared for her, loved her, his words and actions spoke so very much to her. It was a reassurance of sorts that he saw her as more than just some object he could have his way with whenever the moment struck. It gave substance to what they had, to what they would have once they ran away together to his homeland.

Liana then smiled as Thanos handed her the vial of dragon’s blood. She looked at it with curious eyes, studying the contents as she swirled it around a little. If she drank it, she could communicate with dragons. She could talk to Strag. Thanos said the process would be painful and that frightened her immensely. But to be able to understand the dragons… it was worth it all. Plus, she knew it would please both Thanos and Strag.

Holding the vial close, Liana gave Thanos a nod. “I will drink just before we go to sleep for the night.” She paused a moment. “I’m ready for the pain.” She looked into Thanos’ eyes. “It’ll be worth it. To talk to them as you do, to understand.” Smiling, she cuddled up against him. “Besides, it’s a custom where you’re from, is it not? That alone would give me cause to drink.”

Liana nuzzled against Thanos for several moments before pulling back and looking into his dark eyes. She’d miss him while he was gone. She feared for him, not knowing exactly what he was doing other than that it was more than likely dangerous. Wondering why she had to stay indoors. She just hoped they’d see each other again. She already knew if they couldn’t be reunited, she’d use her sword on herself. She’d have to end her existence, she knew it without a doubt. There was no way she could go on living without him. And she could never go back to her old life either. It was as simple as that. Even if it meant leaving Azur without an heir to the throne. For what good would a ruler who wasn’t of sound mind be to a country in the midst of war anyway.

Thanos smiled and gently pet her hair as she spoke just wanting to hold her close but he knew it would be a long night of her writhing. "Well then why don't i get you safe and warm in bed so you can have your drink and get the discomfort out of the way. I would prefer you be in your healthy state of mind while I am gone I don't want you laying in bed all day. " He chuckled helping her slowly to her feet and leaning in kissing the nape of her neck gently his hand holding hers his thumb over the top of the vial to keep it from spilling.

"Besides I don't want you getting sick because i forced you to lay around naked all day. " He laughed he missed the warmth of his home the coolest winter night reaching 50 degree's. He hated the chill are of her nation and it was one reason he enjoyed fighting with dragons the fires kept him warm. He took her in his arms gently careful to keep the vial level and he carried her up the stairs the noisy stairs creaking loudly in protest to the added weight.

Once they where up stairs in their room he set her down and kissed her tenderly he would not have another chance once she drank the blood. Smiling he moved to his wall and gave each ring a gentle tug removing it from the wall and placing it in a small trunk near the memorial. Once it was filled with the rings he shook it a bit to add one final ring to fit the whole of his collection in the small trunk. Locking the small latch with the key that he left inside he would not want to waist time packing in the evening event hough he would have it. Turning to her he smiled he was ready to leave this moment if need be.

Liana watched Thanos pack his few belongings after he’d set her down on their bed. She looked over at her own basket. It still held all of her clothes and belongings, fully ready for when they’d be leaving the next night. Assuming all went well. But she couldn’t think about it not going well, she wouldn’t allow herself. And if indeed it didn’t, she’d be dead shortly thereafter. Consequences for Azur be damned.

Mind wandering, Liana let her gaze linger over Thanos’ form, memorizing his every contour, his every scar. She wanted something she could see when she closed her eyes while he was gone. The time apart from him would be agonizing. Especially since she feared the nature of his departure.

Suddenly, Liana stood up and walked over to Thanos. She wrapped her arms about him, nuzzling close, breathing in his dragon rider’s scent. It was uniquely him and another thing she’d hold onto while he was gone. She looked up into his dark eyes and smiled, standing on her tip toes so she could give him a small kiss on his lips. When she pulled away, her one hand immediately went up to her breasts, seeking out the ‘T’ shaped scar.

“Even though we’ll be parted soon, you’ll be with me,” Liana stated. She heaved a small sigh and glanced over at the vial of dragon’s blood. Licking her lips, she locked eyes with Thanos’. “I’m ready to drink, Thanos.”

Liana hugged Thanos ever so tightly, placing several kisses all over his face and finally on his lips. The kiss was fierce and passionate, something she could recall when she needed the strength once she drank the blood that would burn her from the inside out. She let her tongue be bold, slipping past his lips, exploring his mouth, before she pulled away. Setting her jaw, she then walked over to retrieve the vial.

Looking at the contents within the vial, Liana swallowed. She sat down on their bed and turned to look at Thanos one last time. Closing her eyes, she brought the vial to her lips, drinking down every last drop of dragon’s blood. Within seconds, her pale eyes flew open, tears streaming down her cheeks. She turned to look at him and suddenly screamed out before collapsing down onto the bed.

He smiled and returned her hug only to be slightly surprised by the passionate kiss and feeling her tongue in his mouth. He froze for a moment before he returned the heated kiss with all the passion he could muster knowing it could be his last kiss. He was not sure he wanted her to drink the blood it would me a rough night sleep for them both and he would not be as sharp as he wanted. By the time he gathered the nerves to have her no do it it was to late the blood had passed her lips and took nearly immediate effect.

Her body chemistry was changing making her like him part dragon part woman. Many wondered why his mere presence in the room made people shiver in fear most assumed it his reputation. It was not he had drank the blood more then most to the point another drop would begin changing his appearance. The blood had changed his body making him stronger and faster then most men could ever hope to be. It had even given him a weak version of the aura of terror that dragons gained upon reaching maturity.

He knew well the pain she was about to endure and he moved quickly to her side gathering a pail from near the fire he used to boil water. He feared the pain may cause her to be ill and he knew she would prefer a bucket to the thought of painting his room with it. Moving to lay next to her he held her close to keep her from writhing to much his leg draped over her to hold her down. "If you need to be ill the bucket is right next to you." He said softly kissing the back of her neck and holding her close as he laid down and forced his body into sleep hoping he could rest some before she grew to ill to allow him to.

Liana felt like her insides were being burned with the hottest of flames. Scorching it. Blistering it. Marring it beyond repair. She wanted to scream out again, but the pain she felt was too much. It prevented her from having the ability, from having the strength. Instead, she laid there in a heap on the bed, pain overwhelming her senses, her stomach wracked with a queasiness she didn’t think she’d be able to control for very long.

Thanos’ soothing words, his tender touches, those were the things Liana tried her best to focus on. Anything to dull the pain, ease the nausea. Suddenly, she leaned for the bucket. The nausea had become more than she could bear and try as she might, she just couldn’t hold it back any longer. Lunging for the bucket, she retched violently, her insides feeling as if they were being turned inside out. She was mortified as a strange sort of sickness overtook her body, making it shake uncontrollably with an unnatural fever.

Liana hoped that Thanos didn’t find her too weak as the dragon’s blood worked over her body, forever altering it. She didn’t think she could take it if he thought so. She desperately wanted to be able to speak with Strag, to see dragon’s as he did, to be able to communicate and understand. Humiliated and overcome with pain, she felt tears streaming down her pale cheeks. Tears that fell with silent sobs until she retched yet again and again and again.

The entire process was agony. Liana had no idea how much time was passing. Minutes, hours, days? Time seemed to have no meaning as her body succumbed to whatever it was that was transforming her on the inside. Just when she thought she couldn’t take any more, she felt her body break into a cold sweat, the nausea slowly subsiding, the pain dissipating.

Blinking, Liana opened her eyes and shifted her body. She looked into Thanos’ dark eyes and smiled weakly. She was beyond exhausted, but felt certain that the worst of it had passed. Swallowing, she leaned into him wanting desperately to hug him, but too weak to do so. Her limbs were shaking and her mouth felt dry. After a moment of silence, she looked into his eyes once more and bit down on her lip.

“Did I make it? Is it over?” Liana asked. “Please… no more pain…” her voice trailed and her cheeks reddened from embarrassment. She felt silly and wanted to kick herself for admitting how badly she felt. She didn’t want Thanos to not think her worthy of communicating with the dragons. So, trying to change the subject a little, she asked. “Will I understand Strag now?”

Thanos was gratefully able to sleep threw the majority of her violent reactions his arms clutching her tightly so she did not fall from the bed. A few times he stirred only to adjust his grip to make it more comfortable for her not wanting to risk hurting her. It was nearly time for Thanos to wake when she began to speak to him his eyes snapping open instantly and falling to hers smiling softly she looked so terribly ill he just wanted her to rest. "At the most it should be a dull pain at this point. You will feel very odd tomorrow the blood will have altered your muscles slightly so it will take a bit of time for them to get used to working again. "

He smiled leaning in and kissing her forehead leaning forward he reached behind her taking a small vial out of the night stand. The light green liquid seemed to glow in the dark he took it and removed the cork with his teeth before placing it against her lips. "Drink this my love it will soothe you. " He smiled and gently poured the liquid into her mouth before putting the glass away and holding her close. Gently lifting her arm to drape it over his side he kissed her softly and smiled staring into the beautiful young woman's eyes.

"My love that will help you sleep i use it when i have difficulty. " He smiled laying back knowing she was going to be going to sleep quite quickly. The medicine was powerful and he was certain she would sleep late into the evening. "Is there anything you wish to gather from returning home i will try to slip into your room and find it. " He smiled pressing his forehead into hers holding her close and looking into them a bright smile on his face.

Thanos avoided Liana’s questions, his only concern seemed to be making sure she was well and as comfortable as could be given her current state. He held her tightly, trying to soothe her still somewhat aching body as it began to recover from what she’d done by drinking the dragon’s blood. She still felt tired, her muscles fatigued from the nearly incessant clenching due to having been so ill. But at least now most of the nausea had passed and she was beyond grateful for that. She was also grateful that she didn’t have to endure it alone. Knowing that he’d been there the whole time had been a comfort and to wake in his arms, his eyes fixed to hers made it that much more worth it.

Liana tried her best to relax and let her body do what was needed to allow it to heal. Thanos just kissed her, hugged, did what he could to soothe her. Suddenly, he brought a vial of luminous green liquid to her lips, telling her to drink, that it would help her. She had no doubts about it, trusting him implicitly one thousand times over. The moment the vial touched her lips, she drank down its contents. The liquid had been sweet and went down easily, making her smile.

Liana snuggled against Thanos. She knew he’d be leaving soon, that she’d be alone for a good portion of the day. In a way, it made her glad that he’d given her the medicine. It would allow her mind to rest, her body to sleep and not dwell on the fact that they’d be apart for several hours, him risking his life doing god knew what. Despite that bit of comfort she feared waking again and him not being there to greet her. But it wasn’t the lack of greeting she feared so much as the notion that she might never see him again. He refused to tell her what exactly he was doing, though she knew it had to do with their running away together. She could only hope he’d return to her safely. Any other outcome and her future would end by her own hand.

Thanos spoke softly to Liana as she felt sleep try to overtake her body. He mentioned trying to go to her home back in the capital of Azur, that he’d try to find her room within the castle and retrieve anything she wanted from there. There wasn’t much from her old life she desired to keep now that she knew what she wanted, what she needed. But there were a few sentimental items she’d prefer to have, if she could.

Slightly groggy, Liana answered, “There’s a necklace…” she began, her eyes getting heavy. “It’s in a small silver case… on my dresser… by the mirror.” She paused a moment. “It was my mother’s before she died… my father… he gave it to her…” Trying to keep her eyes open, she continued to speak. “I’d very much like the necklace… and it’s case… if possible. And,” she also said, “I’d like my… brush as well.”

As those last words passed over Liana’s lips, she felt herself falling into a deep slumber. Her final thoughts were of Thanos, hoping that he’d stay safe, fearing for his safety, fearing why she had to stay put no matter what and how that might affect him. But her mind wasn’t given the chance as it drifted off into a sleep unlike any other.

Thanos rose immediately and made his way to his armor, today would be the last time any member of Azur saw the black rider today he would put an end to the angel of death. He slipped his her things into a saddle bag so that she could throw them on the back of Strag in a rush. He then laid out the armor and sword that she would need to ready for the long journey. He was doing his best to keep his mind on the task at hand but with the beautiful woman laying on the bed finally he sent the signal to Strag. Going outside he began his stretches and waited for the dragon to land it would be a long day and he needed to be ready for anything as he could be killed if he was nor ready.

Once the dragon landed he placed his combat saddle on the back of the beast and set to the air not a word said between them. Both knew that what he was about to do was foolish but both knew there was no stopping him. Hours later just as dawn rose he dropped onto the balcony of her room his hand remained on his sword as his dragon moved to circle the castle waiting for him to call him. Thanos could hear the castle guards moving quickly to her room and he made sure to gather what she wanted and slip them both into a small bag on his hip to hide them. He then walked out of the room only to be greeted rather violently by a handful of guards. Weapons ready they attacked with out so much as a warning for him to stop his movements.

A few moments later and all of the guards laid on the ground unconscious he had made no motions to kill them simply render them unable to attack him any longer. Thanos then walked threw the castle right to the kings chamber and as he walked in past the guards at the front door the kings elite guard charged leveling their spears. A quick motion on Thanos's part and the spears missed their marks and drove into the stomachs of the guards who had followed him in. It was then Thanos drove forward and drove his wrists into their throats rendering them helpless for a the time being. In seconds he had incapacitated nearly a dozen of the kings elite guard with out ever drawing a blade it was a display fitting of the nom de guerre that he had been given.

Soon he stood before the king who had drawn the ceremonial blade on his hip and held it towards the armor clad warrior who was now standing only feet before him. He held it with all the skill of a spoiled noble who was nearly wetting himself in fear of the death that was to come. It was enough to make Thanos sick to see a king so afraid of anything it was pathetic in his mind. "Your highness stay your blade. I am not here to kill you and if i was we both know how trivial that blade would be in preventing me. I did not seek to harm your guards they attacked me with out word or warning i merely defended myself against their impending attacks." Thanos did something he had never done before he dropped to a knee before the king looking up at the man grateful for the mask to hide his impending lie.

"Your daughter was injured in training gravely and she had only hours left on this earth. I would have brought her here to you if i could but she was pinned under a rock. She was begging for you the entire time i was there so i came here to gather you and give the young woman her last request. I have the fastest dragon in the world and can get you there quickly sir i don't have time to wait for your guards to follow. I promise you will be in the best hands in your military as long as you ride with me. " After several long minuets of deliberation the king shaken by the fact that his daughter was dieing and he was not their for her he nodded.

"Take me to my daughter!" He commanded and stood leading the kneeling knight to the front door past the writhing guards. Thanos smirked under his mask as he walked past the incapacitated guards it was all part of his plan to injure then so they could not follow quickly. Soon Strag was on the ground and Thanos helped the king into the saddle and then stood on the dragons back holding the reigns. After hours of flying Strag finally landed before the cave behind the home the king was furious as to why his daughter was taken so far to train. Thanos assured him that this was the best place for her to be trained and he did his best to keep his focus on him. He did not want the king to notice the large white drake circling above them.

"Sir she is in that cave lets go!" The man ran into the cave and froze only a few feet before from the entrance as he stared at a sight he did not think he would see. The king of the nation of Pher and its greatest warrior, this was Thanos's plan bring both kings together and force them to communicate. The white knight walked towards Thanos who was standing just outside of the mouth of the cave both kings shouting to their soldier to slay the others. Thanos and Kegan stood side by side and stared at their kings as Thanos barked out over their calls for war. "Silence warmongers! Today this war ends the kings of both nations stand in this cave and if you do not learn to work together you will never see your kingdoms again. End this war that has taken both your daughter... and your son... as well as the sons and daughters of thousands of innocents. With out working together you will die there is enough food and water for one week in this cave that should be more then enough for you to free yourself. "

With that Thanos turned and walked away as Kegan ran his spear across the top of the cave removing the stakes Thanos had put their the day before. He then turned and ran as the rocks came crashing down sealing the cave shut again it would take days for the kings to dig out. But both knights knew they where followed they would not be in the caves for nearly that long he only hoped that it would be all it took to end this war. "Thank you Kegan It is good knowing that a pair of our soldiers can live and that i won't need to worry about you trying to kill me anymore. " He smiled and the soldiers hugged as the rock came down around them. Kegan then called down the drakes and mounted his before taking flight to the south heading home. Thanos smiled and watched him leave before making his way into the home before him hoping to see the young woman and hoping she would not be to furious that he had sealed her father in a cave.

Liana slept hard, yet very soundly and comfortably. As she felt her body slowly waking up, she found that she couldn’t move, not even open her eyes. Knowing it was the affects of the medicine Thanos had given her, she didn’t panic. She knew it would wear off, in time, as he’d never do anything to harm her. Ever.

As sound began to reach Liana’s ears, she realized that everything was muffled. It was as if her entire body had been immersed in the waters of the chilly lake outside and she was trying to listen to things while underneath the water’s surface. Slowly, it became clearer and clearer. And before long, she could easily hear the birds chirping outside the cabin.

Liana tried to shift her body, but still found herself unable to do so. Slightly frustrated, she focused on opening her eyes. It was difficult at first, but after several tries, they slowly blinked open. The light streaming in through the window stabbed at her pale eyes, making her squint and wince a bit at the discomfort.

Pain still wracked Liana’s body, though it had dulled considerably since she’d rested for a good portion of the day. It made her smile. Leave it to Thanos to be so efficient… aiding her in recovering from drinking the dragon’s blood while easing her fears of having to wait for his return.

Liana tried to move once again, elated that she was able to wiggle her toes. Eventually, she was able to move her legs and arms and finally was able to sit up in the bed. Her head felt slightly heavy with sleep, but she knew some food and drink would help that. Of course, that meant walking down the creaky stairs and she was unsure if her body could handle such a trek after the ordeal it just went through.

Determined to be recovered by the time Thanos returned, Liana concentrated on standing up. She managed much more easily than she expected, making her let out a tiny giggle in delight. Taking a breath, she focused on walking toward the door and out into the hallway. It was slow going, but she managed.

Liana pushed open the door and walked to the staircase. She grabbed onto the banister and began to descend the creaky steps. Each creak the stairs made caused her to smile. She remembered the first time whe walked upon them. Oh how different things had been back then.

Liana finally reached the bottom of the staircase. She was still in her nightdress, her feet bare upon the cold floor of the cabin. Smiling, she headed into the kitchen and she began to search for food. She settled on some bread, cheese and an apple. And then filled a cup with some water to drink. She brought the food to the table and sat down to eat. Her body was weary, famished and more than ready to feel Thanos’ arms about her once more. She missed him and worried for him.

Curling up on the couch, Liana began to eat. The food tasted so delicious and not just because she was hungry. Somehow the flavors were… more. It must’ve been the affects of the dragon’s blood, she thought chuckling softly.

After Liana finished eating, she slowly went back up the stairs. She made the bed and got herself dressed. Then, she readied her things for Thanos’ return. The rest of the day went by slowly. She wanted to go outside, to feel the air on her skin, the sun on her face. The thought of taking a walk by the lake seemed so very appealing, but she’d promised not venture outside the cabin. And she would keep that promise.

Finally, Liana felt herself get sleepy once again. Tired, she laid down ontop of their bed, her body above the covers. It didn’t take long before she drifted off to sleep. But she was awoken with a start as loud shouts from outside filled her ears. Sitting upright, she got out of the bed and headed toward the window.

Outside, Liana could see Thanos. With him were three men. Was one her father? She was certain one of them was! He was shouting her name, beggin to see her.

“Father,” Liana whispered as she placed a hand upon the cool glass of the window.

Liana also saw Thanos’ friend, the one from Pheir, and with him she was certain she saw their king. What was this? What were they doing? The two dragon riders shoved both kings into the cave that she’d helped clear the way to with Thanos just the other day. Her eyes went wide at the sight of it all. Gasping, she ran out of the bedroom and hurried down the stairs.

Liana raced across the downstairs and flung open the door. The moment the door opened, she froze in place. She’d promised not to interfere no matter the cost. Biting down on her lip, she shut the door and nervously walked over to the couch. She sat down, her body shaking, trembling. She needed to understand what Thanos was doing. And why he was doing it. Was this part of his plan?

Fidgeting, Liana just waited for Thanos to come fetch her. The moment he did, he’d have some explaining to do. But not until she kissed him for she was beyond grateful that he’d managed to return to her.

Thanos moved quickly as his friend took to the skies and made a way home it would be all they could do to hope to live threw the next evening. If they stayed here for very long the knights would be on them in no time and there would be more death then he had hoped. All he could hope was that the two kings would end this war while locked in the cave and save the lives of countless soldiers.

As he entered the house he tossed a small scroll onto the counter with his seal a not telling the kings not to look for them as it would be the end of anyone who was sent searching for them. He was disturbed to see the door open but when he saw her seated on the couch he smiled and walked over to her kissing her tenderly for what felt like days. After the long kiss he pulled back and looked into her eyes smiling and placing his hand on her side.

"Liana gather your things quickly we will not have long before we need fight our way from this clearing. " His voice was calm but stern as he made his way towards the saddle bags near the door shouldering them he waited for her to fill the one he had left empty for her. His eyes never leaving her while she was in view he was so grateful to have returned to her and spared her the death she promised him.

Liana’s heart began to race the moment Thanos opened the door. She felt her breath catch as a smile crept across her lips, her body coming alive with happiness and elation. Despite the relief and gladness she felt, she did want answers. And she wanted them right away. If her eyes hadn’t been playing tricks on her, he’d somehow managed to bring her father along with him. And not only that, but he’d trapped him inside the cave with the king of Phier! It was treasonous! If he got caught, he’d be promptly executed. No trial, no nothing!

Just as Liana was about to ask about her father, Thanos made his way over to her in just a few long strides. Almost instantly, her questions concerning her father were forgotten. She was too lost in his dark eyes to think straight. The look on his face was so very serious as he pulled her close and gently placed his lips against her own.

Thanos kissed Liana with such tenderness, such love, that it seemed like he was desperate to make sure that she was indeed real. Not some figment of his imagination. Wanting to reassure him, she reached up her hands and gently caressed the sides of his face, her fingers seeking his hair as their bodies pressed close.

Suddenly, Thanos pulled away and smiled. “Liana gather your things quickly,” he began. “We will not have long before we need to fight our way from this clearing.”

Liana nodded and immediately began placing her things in the saddlebags Thanos had gestured toward. It didn’t take long before they were filled. She’d already prepared most of her things before hand, so it had more or less been a matter of just transferring the items. Plus, it helped that she no longer had all the possessions she’d had back when she was the princess of Azur, heiress to the throne.

As Liana finished packing, her mind quickly snapped into focus. She remembered her father and the king of Phier. Her pale eyes went wide and she looked up at Thanos. The fear she was experiencing as a result of his actions was more than evidnt.

“Thanos, my love,” Liana began, her voice soft. “What are you doing with my father?” She swallowed, not wanting to upset Thanos, not wanting to doubt him in any way. But she couldn’t help it. She feared what could happen if either of them got caught. “We’re no longer safe in Azur, are we?”

Liana moved closer to Thanos, their bodies mere centimeters away from each other. She looked up into his dark eyes and tried to give him a smile. She already knew the answer to her question about safety and it saddened her to know that she’d never see her home again, her father, her people after this incident. It would be difficult to leave everything behind; she knew that. But it would worth it.

To be with Thanos, Liana would give up the world.

Thanos quickly filled the saddle leaving the two person trainer there he had no desire to ever use it again. He felt terrible for doing this to her but it was the only way he could be with her. He also felt it was the only chance they had to end the war trapping the men together. He could see the pain on her face and he held her close as he lead her out to the dragons side placing his hand on her hip.

"I will not be welcome here but you will always be able though i fear if you come back you may never be able to leave. On the bright side though my love I don't think you will want to leave your new home. " He said softly lifting her up onto the back of the dragon before mounting himself. The adrenaline was wearing thing quickly and he needed to get into the air before the fighting started. Setting tightly against her pressing her groin into the pommel so they could both fit on the large saddle.

It was not an hour after they had lept into the air that he was asleep his arms wrapped around her his chin on her shoulder. He could not stay awake any longer it was far to long since the fighting and his body was crashing. They flew for hours with no end in sight chasing the slowly setting sun. Withing hours they where over the ocean south of Phier heading south east into the midst of the ocean.

Liana understood Thanos’ words. After this display with her father and the king of Pheir, regardless of its results, neither king would look fondly on him ever again. He’d be considered a war criminal, a man who’d committed treason not just to one nation, but two. The idea of him being captured or killed was something she couldn’t bear. They both knew this. Given that, she knew why they had to leave Azur straight away without delay.

Liana also knew that Thanos was right about her returning. If she ever came back, despite any plea she could offer, she knew she’d either be forced to stay or be killed for aiding in a treasonous plot. Neither outcome was anything she desired. It would mean being parted from her love for the rest of her days. She could not have that and she was certain he could not either. But in the end, pondering over such things didn’t matter. She’d already made her choice, one that had been made the first time he’d kissed her. Her choice was to be with Thanos. He was her life now, the man of her choosing. She’d given herself to him willingly, not just in body, but in mind and soul as well.

As they rode upon Strag, fit snuggly together in the saddle he wore, Liana watched the ground become further and further away. Soon, Azur and her life there as its princess would become a distant memory, a fairytale of dreams. She had a new life ahead of her now and that was something to look forward to.

As they continued to soar through the air, Liana felt Thanos’ body go limp with exhaustion. His arms were tightly wrapped about her body, but his head rested against her shoulder. She gave him an affectionate nuzzle and smiled. Soon they’d be free. Carefully, she let one of her hands gently pet Strag.

"You’ll see we get where we’re going safely, won’t you, Strag," Liana said. She knew the dragon understood her. But would she understand him now? She’d been given the blood to drink, had gone through the transformation. Would he speak to her? All she could do was hope.

The dragon remained silent as they flew into the setting sun. Hours passed and it seemed as though they where not moving. No land could be seen in any direction and the sun remained exactly in the same place in the sky. It made it hard to tell if they where actually going anywhere or if they where simply stuck in one moment in time.

They had been flying for nearly a day though the time appeared to be stuck just before sunset when the land appeared on the horizon. It was another hour when the dragon's thick claws sank into the sand. Palms rose high into the sky at the edge of the beach and a huge mountain jutted up into the clouds a mile wide where it vanished into the white fluff of the clouds.

Just inside the row of trees a house very similar to the one at the foot of the mountain back in Azur sat a single row of trees separating the front yard from the beach. The dragon walked over to the trees before it snorted and shook a bit waking up Thanos. The black clad warrior groaned and sat up slowly looking around before he slipped from the back of the beast and patted him gently.

"Thank you old friend. I am sure your as glad to be home as i am i do regret making you fly that long but fear not you will not see war again for some time. " He smiled before looking up and taking her hand to help her from the back his eyes finding hers smiling brightly. "Well my love welcome home you are now a lady of Sul a Valkyrie among warriors. "

The ride atop Strag was long and when Liana saw what she was sure was their final destination she took an audible breath and smiled. Thanos had indeed taken care that the place they’d been, back in the mountains of Azur, had held a striking resemblance to where they now were approaching. She wondered how long it had taken him to build such a place and if he’d gone there often so a to alleviate any homesickness he might have endured at any given time. It also made her wonder if he’d taken any of his other warriors there to train as he had her. If so, then she now knew they’d been granted a gift and more than likely never even realized it. They’d been given a glimpse of who he was and what he held dear.

Letting her mind clear, Liana smiled at the sight before her. The house, the trees, the beach. She and Thanos were free. No longer bound by the obligations of war or nation. They were the masters of their own lives now, answering to no one. Never did she ever think she’d have the chance at living such a life. She’d grown up knowing that her father planned on her leading Azur one day as his only offspring, it had been her right as well as her duty. She wondered who would lead them now. Her father wasn’t getting any younger and her mother long dead. The chance of him remarrying was slim and the chance of him bearing another woman a child even more so.

Liana let her thoughts dwell on that loss for only a few brief moments. She felt badly for leaving behind such things, but she knew that if she hadn’t, true happiness would forever evade her. Azur would then fall to ruin as her mind and body fell under depression’s sway. And without a doubt the bloodline of its monarchy would end with her. She’d never take another now that she’d lain with Thanos. He was her love, her only love. She could never betray him like that. But that aside, if forced to be separated from him, she knew it would bring about more than just depression. It would bring suicide. Yes, she’d die young by her own hand leaving the entire nation in despair as its leadership crumbled into oblivion. Indeed it was better this way, better to let her father determine who would rule in his stead now that she was gone, now that she could be happy.

Looking at Thanos as he slipped his weary body off of Strag’s back, Liana’s thoughts came back to her present. As she watched him, she had no doubt about her choice, that she’d made the right decision. She gave him a smile as he thanked Strag and then helped her off his back.

Standing next to Thanos, she took a deep breath and looked around. “I’m home.” She smiled broadly as she moved closer to her love, wrapping her arms about his body. “We’re free,” she then whispered as she stood on her tiptoes and kissed him.

Thanos smiled and curled his hand around her side gently leading her towards the house. "This house has been her for centuries though i fear it has not been inhabited for nearly 20 years. I left to join the war and to my knowledge no one has set foot inside sense. " He smiled and kissed her neck gently as they walked past the tree line and onto the grass.

He smiled and moved towards the door digging into a small pouch on the under side of his saddle bag where he hid the key long ago. Pulling it out he placed it on in the lock and opened the door for her guiding her in. The house was covered in the dust of a twenty year coma having been frozen in time after his father died. Once inside Thanos wasted no time tossing the saddle bag over the back of a chair that groaned in protest of the added weight.

It was then, free of the heavy bag that he grabbed Liana an moved her across the room towards the wall. Pressing her back against it heavily he kissed her hard with a fire that was unmatched. Clearly the days fighting had built up some testosterone he now desired to burn of in the most pleasurable way possible. It was not hard to tell what his plans where as he had no more the pressed his lips into hers then his hands began roughly removing her pants. The leather on his gloves hands caused a bit of a tug on her delicate skin as he pulled and yanked to get her pants down past her knees. Moments later his hand went to his pants undoing them only enough to allow him to expose himself to her.

It was not the most romantic way they would ever make love but right now he did not care. To him it was not about romance right now he needed her to prove what he had just done was worth the risk. Roughly he turned her around and pulled her hips back slightly to allow him the angle into her as he continued to hold her chest against the wall slightly. With haste he guided himself into her groaning as he his groin vanished into her not even bothering to make sure she was properly prepared he figured she would get that way soon enough.

Liana smiled and nodded as Thanos explained to her a bit about the history of the place in which they’d now be living. She couldn’t believe that the place had been abandoned for at least 20 years. Yet, despite that, it had somehow burned itself into his memory, allowing him to rebuild a place in its likeness in the remote mountains of Azur. It made her feel warm to think that after all this time he was able to finally come back, free. And… with her to share in his life with him for the rest of their days.

As Thanos led the way to his home, he gestured for Liana to follow him. He opened the door to the house and without hesitation she entered it. She glanced about the place and was astounded at how similar the cabin had been. She wondered if it had provided him some small sense of comfort seeing as he’d been so very far from home, his family, his fellow countrymen and only had a replica built from a distant memory to hold onto. Letting out a small sigh, she admired his courage and resolve all the more at the thought of having to deal with such a thing day after day. She knew there’d have been no way she could have coped, not alone anyway. Not without someone to share her life with like she did now. With Thanos.

Liana watched Thanos toss the heavy bags aside onto a nearby chair. They landed with a solid thud and for a moment, she worried if the piece of furniture would break. But like everything that somehow touched her love’s life, it stood strong, held fast. Suddenly, just as she was about to speak, she felt herself being grabbed by the arms and shoved hard against a nearby wall. The sting from her body slapping against it radiated all along her spine, but the pain was soon forgotten as he placed his lips roughly against hers, kissing her with a fiery passion that made her head spin.

Thanos didn’t waste any time. As his lips claimed Liana’s, she felt his hands working on her pants, loosening them and finally pushing them down. He didn’t even try to do things carefully or gently. It was as if a primal animal that had been dormant deep within his soul was suddenly screaming to be let out now that it was free from the chains that had kept it at bay for so many years.

Not wanting to lessen the intensity of the moment, Liana just let Thanos take charge. She hardly minded the way his hands groped at her body, worked furiously so that more of her flesh was bared for him to see and touch. Her skin flushing a deep shade of pink, she found herself suddenly panting with want and need. They were finally together in a place where war wouldn’t touch them. They were free. Soaking in what she could of everything, she almost didn’t even realize that he’d begun to roughly turn her body around. Within moments, her back was against his chest.

Liana raised her arms to brace herself as Thanos pushed her body against the wall once more. She could feel his hands gripping her hips, tilting her pelvis as he saw fit. Waiting for his next move, she glanced over her shoulder and licked her lips. She could hear him fumbling with his own pants, freeing himself and finally rubbing it against her and then her entrance. In one swift thrust, he pushed his way inside her delicate body.

Liana let out a loud gasp. Thanos was hardly taking his time. The beast within him was roaring loudly, claiming her, its mate. She couldn’t help but whimper as he took her right there, pounding her from behind, leaving small bruises to form as he roughly handled her body. Despite it all, she could feel herself getting wet. She liked this side of him, though different from how he’d been with her before. There was something about it that excited her and made her feel desirable only in a way that touched on the baser side of human needs.

Thanos’ grunts as he took her, only made Liana more excited. She liked that she could stir up such emotions within him, could make him lose control like this. She knew she’d be sore later, her skin bruised. But it hardly mattered. They’d be exquisite reminders of this passionate moment, their very first as free people, as lovers seeking a life of their own together. Forever.

Back
Top Bottom