Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Passionate Guardians [Spynmaster & vampire07]

Laughing softly as he apologized but shook her head. "Its fin and I get my anger off through fencing...Umm fighting with thin swords. In case you didn't know." She said blushing but she reshouldered her bag. Though she walked with him outside but she looked up to the sky seeing storm clouds were slowly moving in. Taking a deep breath she could smell wet dirt, it wasn't faint. "We got a bad storm coming our way." She mentioned as if it was nothing to her.

"Ah, I know what fencing is." Vance smiled. "I like that kind of martial art. Have you ever heard of kenjutsu? How about kendo? Both are japanese sword training methods. If you really like to test yourself, I recommend it to you."

Then he heard her mention there was a storm coming, looking up to the sky. "Um...yeah, maybe we should get home. I like to look at storms...from the safety of shelter."

"Oh? I like to run in the rain." She said with a smile as she moved ahead of him with her touching his upper arm. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" She asked with her moving off heading to the west side of town. Her walk was going to take awhile but she enjoyed the time she managed to have to herself.

Unfortunately for her, enjoyment was not to be hand during this storm, for it was not rain that showered from the clouds, but sudden blasts of energy. A few of them exploded into several buildings near Lillian & Vance, the impack taking chunks out of buildings, sending cars flying in their wake, or even making burning craters in the road. Debris was soaring down towards Lillian, however, Vance reacted fast enough to lift her by the waist and carry her out of the way. "Lillian, are you alright?" he asked when they were out of immediate danger.

Out of instinct she ducked and had her arms over her head when the chunks of mortar and bricks rained down and the cars flying over. Though she felt something strong grabbing her then yanking her away. Opening her eyes as she looked up seeing Vance holding on to her. Trembling in his arm as she nodded. "Yeah, but how in the hell did you move that quickly? And...What's going on here?!" She asked as she held on to him watching as more and more destruction was going on.

"I always move like this." Vance said. "I've been running since I was little. I don't know what's going on, but something tells me we should keep moving unless we want to end up smashed to bits! Let's move!"

After putting her down, he took her hand and did his best to get her away from the carnage that was taking place. Emergency vehicles were all over the place trying to get a handle on the situation, but they weren't having much luck, either. Then, like a scene from a movie, several things emerged from the clouds. Large, dark-colored, and intimidating. They seemed to be the ones shooting the blasts at the city. Vance looked up as the flying things emerged. "What the hell are those?!" Vance exclaimed. "They look like spaceships. Are we being invaded or what?!" He couldn't believe what he was seeing, looking like a scenario from a sci-fi novel he had read.

With her running or trying to run at his pace she followed him down the alley ways to the point they had to stop and observe the creatures appearing. The color drained from her face seeing how massive they were with being demonic. Off to the side children were crying in the turned over car as their mother died, neck snapped in the toss, Lillian could hear them screaming and coughing. "MOMMY!!!! WAKE UP!!"

Like Vance something told her to move, not away from the scene. She felt a hand hitting her in the back propelling her forward when one creature turned its attention on the trapped trapped children. Their screams echoed in her ears as it drowned out any Vance's yelling. Everything seemed to happen all at once; she grabbed a steel pole as she pole vaulted over the clumbering creature putting herself between them. "Stay away from them!!!" Lillian screamed as she used the pole as a staff. Metal pings rang in the air as she drove him back but what got her was her eyes flashed fire as she stabbed the pole up in the creature's neck as flames appeared engulfing it.

Vance saw the whole thing take place. His eyes widened as he saw her single-handedly destroy that monster...or whatever it was. It was like watching her awaken something deep inside her. Either way, he would have to find out later. Vance kicked in the window and pulled the children out of there. "Lillian, we have to get these kids somewhere safe! We gotta find some cover!"

This was becoming too much, and it was far from over. The creatures from before could be seen filling the skies, often carrying innocent people and doing unspeakable things to them.

Lillian dropped the metal staff as it melted and some creatures turned facing them. "Vance, you're faster than me. I can care them while you run ahead to make sure the coast is clear." She said as she took the toddlers from him as screams filled her ears and she tried to tune them out but it was hard. "Please." She looked ot Vance as she duced as a chunk of sidewalk was thrown over their heads.

"But what about you?" Vance feared for her safety, even though she was able to kill one of those things. He really didn't want to leave her all by herself with younglings to defend. But, he saw that fire of determination in her eyes from before, and anyway, he didn't really have time to argue. So, he looked at her with that same determination. "Take care!"

As Vance began to dash forward, he suddenly saw a woman being smashed through the window, falling to the ground. As if driven naturally, Vance dashed up the wall at an alarming speed, leaped off of it, and reached to catch the woman, rolling in mid-air as he landed gracefully on the street. The woman was shivering from the shock of what just happened as Vance tried to comfort her upon setting her down near Lillian. "Take it easy...you're safe now..." Vance calmly said to her. "Do me a favor...watch the children for me."

As if compelled by some kind of gentle force, the woman nodded, moving over to comfort the children. Just then, another demon came from the window, diving right at Lillian and the others. Suddenly, the demon found itself sliced in half as Vance leaped at it, cutting it with what appeared to be a blade of energy emanating from his right arm. As the demon dissipated to nothing, three more came from the window to surround Vance. Another blade grew on his left arm as they advanced on him, only to be met with the same demise one-by-one. It was as if Vance had done this for a good while.

lillian nodded and was about to run off when a woman was thrown out. "VANCE!" Lillian yelled out as if alerting hiim but he had already caught her. Once he settled them together she saw the demon jumping down advancing on them. The woman cried out with the children but Lillian stepped out as her hands went out but the demon was sliced up. Standing there in shock seeing his form moving as three others appeared with Vance going after one.

"Get going!" Lilliann yelled at the scared woman as she stumbled to her feet to run off. More demons appeared from the manholes grabbing at her. Lillian leaped up slamming on the manhole lids. "I don't think so!" She snapped as she stood up turning to see one demonic being moving up with a group of demons. "Vance..." She said as she leaped off the manhold cover and sprinted to him but something slender tackled her from the side which sent her into a brick wall. Blood sprayed onto the being face as Lillian yelled in pain. It felt like every bone was broken in her body but with her body in shock she wasn't able to move as his claws dug into blouse ripping it to pieces. Lillian closed her eyes expecting the worse but the hound like being, who tackled her, snarled louder in her ear as his firey hot drool dripped onto her bare shoulder when it saw a birthmark on her shoulder growing darker.

"Down boy!" Lillian yelled out as her hand went out grabbing the creature by his throat so hard he whimpered like a earthling dog would. Growling herself as her nails sharpen into points making the creature bleed himself but he had this submissive look in his eyes. "Sick'em." She commanded as she pointed to the demons Vance was facing. The demonic hound whimper with a nod as she released him he charged one of the last two demons sending it into the brick wall with his teeth and claws tearing it as it yelled out commands but it wouldn't respond to him.

Lillian didn't know as she saw the hound as a dog...a dog whose pack was weak and needed an alpha leader. She had proven herself to be the alpha to that dog. Hurting all over as she looked to the left seeing the group had stopped seeing one of their hounds had turned on them. "Vance, get out of there!" She yelled then she whistled getting the demon hound's attention who moved up beside Lillian growling at the group that just stood there. Lillian moved to Vance's side ina stiff manner but the demonic hound placed himself in the direct line but soon was mounted by Lillian. The hound was massive as a clysdale horse but he never been ridden. "Come on Vance. Im not leaving you here..." She said to him with a smile forgetting she was sitting there in just her bra. They needed answers and the hound couldn't talk so wrong one to get control of through plain animal instincts.

Vance was busy slicing through anything that didn't look human, or Earthian. It was like he was in some sort of trance, his precision uncanny as demonic heads rolled and their hearts sliced in half, as he whirled like a twisted around the mass of unholy hordes. He managed to clear a considerable amount out of the way, making a pathway for Lillian and her charges.

As he calmed down a bit, he noticed Lillian take charge in a strange way, actually commanding the canine-like demons, and even go as far as mounting & riding them. "We officially need to stick together." Vance said, getting on. "We need to get away from these buildings! We're gonna get rained on with debris if we stay on the street!"

She nodded to him as she tapped the shoulder of the massive beast who was growling at its masters and took off running away from them. "Please, don't ask how I got control of her!" She shouted over her shoulder to him as she felt rain hitting her skin which was one more thign to add to the shitty day. "Cause I don't even know how I did it." She admitteed to him as the beaast turned onto its hind legs and sank its claws into the wall and began to climb. Those who were inside screamed at the sight of them but Lillian held on to the beast knowing Vance wasn't stupid to not hold on.

The demonic dog kept climbing onto it was on top then it tok off at full speed leaping from building to building until it came to an end. Though it just jumped even with her shouting no. They fell several stories but the beast seemed to land with no problem with it darting off to the hills where there wasn't any attacks happening. Once they were clear the beast slowed down to a walk then laid on its belly panting. Lillian waas still holding on to the mane of the beast in shock they fell from a tall building and yet survived.

Vance wasn't really phased by the climb or the jump, rather that the beast was strong enough to do it. He didn't say anything for the whole trip until they stopped, clinging to Lillian's naked top of her body during the drop to avoid being knocked off. As the beast finally stopped he got off, so did Vance. He took a moment to recap everything that happened.

"Alright, obviously we're having an extremely incredible moment here." Vance said. "We have demons appearing all over the place, and then you have powers that have serious sway over them. Either you're some kind of demon commander, or some kind of divine warrior. I'm willing to vote for the latter."

With her coming to reality she fell off the demonic mount wuth hr laying in the semi wet grass. Looking to him as he voted for her to be a divine warrior. "Either one...You flatter me." She said as she got up still in her bra but she looked down gasping. "Damn dog!" She cursed as her arms went over her chest. "Vance, mind if I use your shirt until we get to our place?" She asked with her looking up at him with a nervous smile.

The canine was laying there panting from the long distance it took them away from the battle. Though Lillian stood there falling into silence wondering if she was a warrior. "What about you? You sliced them up with no problem.. I am guessing you don't know how you done that." She said as she moved towards him.

"I have a better idea." Vance then tossed her a tight spandex shirt. "I snagged it when I was fighting, 'cause I thought you might need it. I'm honestly surprised you didn't notice sooner. As for my end, I always knew how to do that. Been using my powers since I was young. Just haven't showed people until now."

Suddenly, a gunshot sounded, and the large demon hound was shot clean in the head, his body disintegrating into ashes. As they turned, they saw a man in full armor holding a Desert Eagle with peculiar markings, pointed at them. "Don't you move and inch, or the same thing will happen to you." said the dark violet-hairred man with the scar on his face. "Funny...you don't even look capable of fighting, let alone our hordes."

Lillian slipped the shirt on but as she was going to ask how in the hell did he know the beast growled which got her attention. Turning around to see it getting shot in the head and it turning into ashes. Gritting her teeth as she turned to the man who was now threatening them but she didn't feel like she as special or anything like she charged in to help those two children.

"Funny, a caveman who speaks perfect english." She snapped back at him as it felt like their Civil Laws and the understanding to respect one's elders was thrown out the window. To her he killed the only thing that could help them against this...invasion. Her jaw seemed locked in place as she could summon the same power as before when she killed one with a pole, jumped on a manhole covers o send them back in the slime below then dominate a demonic dog.

Vance was a bit startled by the sound, hearing it a bit too often back in his old neighborhood. Then he saw the hound disappear into ashes, making him look at the armored man with the gun with a glare, but he didn't move, being wary of the danger level. He snerked when Lillian insulted him. The gunman wasn't so amused.

"A chick with a snarky mouth. How cute." he said, raising an eyebrow. "Now, you'll be coming with me. My master wants to know who's dumb enough to get in his way."

"Why does your master want to do this, anyway?!" Vance barked. "We didn't do anything to him!"

"He wants to take over this world. Plain and simple." he responds. "I know I'd come down on such a nice-looking planet."

Suddenly, in the blink of an eye, Lillian noticed Vance moving at a frightening pace, slashing off the arm of the gunman in an instant, making him roar in pain.

"Now, Lillian!" Vance shouted.

"I...I Can't!" She snapped at Vance as she couldn't do anything like before which was odd. Frusterated as she looked down at the arm of the man only to see it springing to life. "Oh fuck!" She yelled then kicked it hard up in the air in a reaction. Shuddering as it reminded her of cutting a head off a chicken, it runs around in circles. Looking back at the man as she did feel like she was in danger but she felt helpless though on the ground was the man's gun. Picking it up as it changed colors to gold and silver from its previous red and black. Cocking the hammer back as she glared at the man and down her arm braces appeared on both arms. "Vance...Hold him down..." She snarled as she moved closer to the men and aimmed the gun slightly off to one side firing it off slicing it through the man's shoulder to show her aim was spot on. "Now...Who are you....What the HELL are Vance and I....Also....Why does your master want us?" Thank god the gun was a revolver something her and her father took out to the gun ranges for a father daughter day.

Something deep down for years told her that her parents were preparing her for something with the combat training, schooling and well survival training.

The man growled, his eyes widening in shock as the very gun he held not only changed colors but operated for her. He knew something like this shouldn't have happened. He then gave a very dangerous glare to Lillian, as if he seeing her bloodied and broken in his mind.

"You give that back, chica, or you're in for some serious trouble..." he warned.

Suddenly, the man felt a powerful strike to his back, running electricity through his spine and making him collapse to the ground. He was still conscious, paralyzed from the blow from Vance. "Take the shot while he's immobile." he told Lillian.

She knew she should but when was the next chance of learning why were they wanted? Closing her eyes as she slowly pulled the trigger. It kicked her back into the trees as the golden bullet hit it's mark, in the man's head.

In pain as she sat at the base of the tree with broken branches had fallen around her. Dazed as the gun turned into ashes on the ground. "Wow..." She said as she go tot her feet swaying but she beckoned Vance to follow her with her running ahead. Her head was pounding and all she was thinking that she wanted to get home and collect her thoughts. Bursting through the tree line she lookedup seeing her home was destroyed. "FUCK!" She cried out seeing the smoke in areas but she looked to Vance with hurt and rage in her eyes. "You knew about your gifts...Why do you and I have powers?"

The shot of the bullet completely blasted the man's head. The gun read Lillian's conviction and transferred it into power, vaporizing the man's head. The blast made even Vance slide backward. The rest of the body was blown apart. Afterward, it dissolved into nothing. Then an energy ball containing the man's soul zoomed up and away from the scene. Vance gave a serious stare up at the sky as he knew that the gunman would return.

Vance followed Lillian home through the trees. As she found her home a smoldering wreck, he couldn't help but be sad for her as she looked at him with sadness and anger.

"Well, I don't know where your powers came from," he said. "But I had mine since I was young. My dad taught me to use them. He said he was a protector back in his day. Maybe we're protectors, too. What do you remember about your parents?"

"Nothing but them forcing me to use weapons of many kinds. What do you mean protectors?" She asked as she stepped closer to him as she didn't notice her hands were balled up and her tennis shoes had changed into steel boots with heels. Her heart was pounding as blood rushed to her ears as she obtained tunnel vision on Vance. He knew some things she didn't know. "Protectors of what..." She growled as a wolf growled to show they won't back down from a fight even if they didn't have the strength to fight.

She didn't know how she got her powers or what was going on but she turned on her heels and kicked off the ground which sent her sailing across the ground with her leaving a dent in the earth. Racing up to her home she saw her parents were killed and the books were destoryed among other things. Though she walked to a burnt door and kicked it open which lead her to the basement where there was weapons she treasured.

Vance's eyes widened as her whole outfit was surrounded in armor...with a good-aligned aura, meaning she would be protected from anything evil. Vance was nowhere near evil, so he wouldn't be hurt. She did, however, go sailing into the sky as she kicked off the ground. Vance hurried to follow her by making the air around him propel him into the air and fly after Lillian.

As they arrived, they came to a trashed house, the door burnt through as Lillian kicked it through. As she went to an area of the house in the basement, she found her parents' special books and things gone. Picked clean.

"I think we missed the party." Vance said. "Whoever was here looted the place clean of valuables. Freakin' thieves. What was down here?"

"I don't know. Weapons I know of for sure...My guns, swords, knives and my bows and arrows. My parents had books but they were in a safe." She turned on Vance knowing he had answers. Not going to allow him to snake his way out of this she grabbed him but his shoulders and slammed him against the stone wall. "Tell me what you know....NOW! No more lies...No more dodging the questions!!!" She was yelling at the top of her lungs clearly scared of what was going on. Inside she was trying not to run from the dangers this land has. "Vance, you're the only one here now who knows anything. If you don't tell me more than likely my death will be on your hands."

Back
Top Bottom