Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jugger x Candira

When they arrived to the crow's nest, Darian looked down and felt a bit queasy. "Bleh...I'm not used to being so high...I had to close my eyes the whole ride up here...but I'll be fine as long as I can just sit down here. Polly and I will be just fine my friend...Though I have two more requests for you...The first is, can you please go get the knife that you used to cut onions with...? That was my favorite knife, handed down to me from my mentor before he died of old age. Its dear to me, and I don't want it stolen. Secondly...Could you also bring up a few loaves of bread for us to eat? And, this one isn't too important...but if you could..." He sighed and leaned back against the wall of the crow's nest. "Could you maybe bring me another bird...? I mean...in the travels to the new land, its supposed to have birds of all kind surroudning this entire island. On your travels...could you return with a bird to befriend my dear Polly?"

She smiled and nodded. "Of course. I can do all of that for you. I'm not sure about how soon I can get the bird, but just sit tight, okay?" That said, the witch was on her way back down, circling until she reached the deck. When she got there, she ran to the galley and kitchen and found the knife she'd been using to cut the other day and a sheath for it. Once that was secured, she found some bread for him, remembering how much he'd told her he liked it. The longer she stayed away, the more guilty she felt. So she ran back out and flew back up to him as quickly as she could. When she finally reached him, she passed the bread into the crow's nest first, and then gave him the knife.

Sapphire sighed and wished there were something more she could do for him. Something to lift his spirits. She put her arms around him and hugged him for a long moment. "If you ever need me, or if you think of something you need just call me with this." And with that, she pressed an enchanted stone into his hand--much like the ones she'd used to contact her princess and Nathan. "All you have to do is say my name, and I'll hear you."

With that, she smiled and sighed before she left once more, slowly circling the crow's nest so she could land. Putting the broom away, she looked around her. Now what?

Darian was grateful that she had given him these things. He took the knife and laid it to the side, and broke off a piece of the bread and hand-fed it to Polly, who eagerly accepted it from her trusted owner. When Sapphire offered the stone to him, he simply nodded. "Thank you my friend...I wish you luck in your travels." He patted her head and smiled when she began to fly away.

After a while, Nathan had been looking for Sapphire, saying that she would need to be there to help build barricades and their defenses...as well as try and create successful peace negotiations with the natives as well as a means to trade. The ship held lots of cargo...which meant two things, both good and bad.

The good was simply that they had plenty to trade and had enough food to last for a while...And if they had any currency, that would be required to help start a new life and possibly a more civilized town in this new land.

The bad was that with their many supplies...they were likely high priority targets for raids and burglarly...and with the lack of trained soldiers, it wouldn't be too hard to do so.

Sapphire smiled at Darian and wished with all her heart that he would find happiness and that he would get better. As soon as she met a healer, she would ask them to help her dear friend. He richly deserved a good life--one where he'd be happy. She waved and then landed next to Nathan just as he was telling people he would need her. "Well, it looks like I'm just in time. What can I do?"

(Meh...I kind of lost my train of thought for this RP due to my internet inaccess...If you want to start another one, I'm up for that unless you want to continue this one. I can still push further but I just forgot completely what I had Nathan to say. >_< )

Back
Top Bottom