Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jugger x Candira

She had to laugh. "I'm sure she's told you before," she said with a little laugh. "I don't think she'd take kindly to knowing that you'd forgotten after all she did to help you." She smiled at his words and nodded. "All right, Nathan. I'll see you again soon. Just wait a little longer, okay?" She smiled and hugged the stone to her. "Be safe and get well."

Nathan smiled and sighed, relaxing. "I promise Sapphire...I'll be up and going in no time. See you later. Love you." He smiled and put the stone down...not really knowing how to 'turn it off'. When he was finished stretching, he began to walk the temple, using the walls as a support as he limped. He wasn't in pain, it was just he hardly had any feeling in one of his legs. "I wonder where Corin went off to...I still should ask her about becoming a White Mage...if I'll be allowed to after that murder I just pulled off..." He murmured to himself.

Sapphire smiled at his words and returned them. "I love you too." And then she put the stone away, as she found a place to stay the night in the temple if she helped with the morning cooking.

Corin was told by another white mage that Nathan was up walking. "Oh, no. He shouldn't be out of bed yet." Frowning she set off in the direction of his room, and sure enough, there he was, leaning against the wall as he walked forward. "There you are! You shouldn't be out of bed. Sapphire would kill you if she saw you walking around like this so soon!" With that, she took him and supported his weight with her body, heading back toward his room.

Nathan walked with her, not really putting up an argument over the matter. He put some of his weight onto her as she helped him, but not a whole lot to make him become a burden for her physically. "Sapphire isn't here...she doesn't have to know I'm up and walking around. I told you...I wanted to surprise her for when she got back." He said smiling as they continued on to his room, which was still a ways away. He was having fun walking around.

"I know you might feel fine, but your body is in awful shape. If you push yourself so much, you'll be flat on your ass by lunch time. And then you'll have to rest more." Here she helped him sit back down. "Look, your body used a ton of energy to keep you alive. It's been through a terrible amount of stress in the past few days. So do yourself a favor and just rest! At least for another day."

Nathan shook his head as he looked at her. "No...I want to walk...Its so boring to just lay around and do nothing..." He got up, his legs feeling woozy and he seemed to shake back and forth. "I want to walk...to get my strength ba-" He was cut short as he fell over, landing onto Corin lightly as his face was only inches from her. He looked at her for a few moments with a blush on his face before rolling off of her. "S-Sorry...!" It was accidental, at least he hoped it was. He didn't know whether it was him or not that did it...But what he really didn't know was that the magic that was once on him that altered his memories by the queen was now giving away, turning him back into who he once was before now that his mission was over with...And those around him probably wouldn't like it.

Corin was actually a little surprised that he was being so childish about it. She gasped as he fell on her. Blushing she pushed at his shoulder as he rolled off and accepted his apology. "I won't forgive you," she said. "Not unless you rest. And so help me I will tie you down until Sapphire gets back!" She growled and pushed him back onto his bed. "Stay there or I'll be forced to restrain you!" The day went on with Corin checking in on him and making a fuss any time he tried to get up and walk around. Then it was nightfall again.

Sapphire had made excellent time the next day. She pushed on hard, flying through the night to reach the capitol. She was welcomed with open arms and given a room in the castle. When morning came, she used her enchanted stone to talk to Nathan. "I made it to the capitol, Nathan. I'm going to resign soon. Hold on for me... I love you."

Nathan groaned as she kept on bothering him about staying in bed and nagging about other things about his wounded body. He wasn't aware of him becoming more like his old self...he figured it was how he always was. Though he had many urges...both for greed and lust. He endured until nightfall and heard Sapphire on the stone. Picking it up, he spoke to her. "Alright baby. I love you too." He still sounded like his old self when he talked...it was just his actions that would change. Laying in the bed, he began to think about Corin when he fell on top of her. The thought brought a smirk to his face as he began to imagine the many scenarios that could have happened...but then he shot up, eyes wide as he realized what he was doing. "Why the hell am I thinking that..." He murmured before shaking his head.

Sapphire smiled and thought of Nathan. It was good that he was still alive. She thought of coming back to him soon, her eyes closed. She dreamt of him that night--images of their time together coming to her. When she woke the next morning, she dressed in full witch regalia and came to the queen. She bowed and reported the events that had happened as she said she would: The king of Yokai was dead. Nathan Stone killed him. Nathan was killed.

"I wish to leave your service my queen. I do not possess the heart to carry on as a guard. It has been an honor serving you, and I wish only for your future happiness. I think it's time for me to leave you."

The queen considered what Sapphire had to say. She had carried out an awful mission, and being merciful to her guard, she nodded. "Very well, Sapphire. You may have what you wish. You will always be welcome among my court. May you live on in peace."

"Thank you my queen, and you as well." She bowed deeply and then left the audience chamber. It had been a rather quick stay, but she needed to leave now. Rather than risk using the stone again, she took off immediately taking a roundabout route toward the border of the kingdoms once more. If it meant she had to push on until she was exhausted, she would get back to him as soon as she could. Later on that day, she arrived at a spring and stopped for a moments rest. "Nathan."

No answer would arrive back to Sapphire. He left the room...leaving the stone behind. He began to head toward where Corin was...He was going to have a little fun with her. His eyes seemed different...if not changed to be more sinister than how he was when the queen changed him...he looked just like the sinful assassin he was before. He still did not know that Corin was a princess...but that wouldn't matter to him for now. Silently entering her room, he closed the door behind him as he made his way in the darkness to lay down next to her in the bed.

Corin was a fairly light sleeper. The instant Nathan entered her room, she knew he was there. Well--not specifically him, but someone with malicious intent. And she'd sensed the darkening of his heart before. So when he crawled into bed with her, she whispered a spell to immobilize him and then slid away from him. "So then. I see that your darker nature has shifted into focus. I will not let you get away with this," she said with a frown.

He cursed when he was suddenly put into immobilization by her. "I can't believe I fell for this god damn spell again." He said to himself before looking to her with a smirk. "Oh come on Corin...Don't you even have a little interest in me like that? Everyone has a little lust in them..." He said with a sinister look in his eye and an evil smile upon his face as he gazed at her. "I want to turn a White Mage into a Black Mage...A corrupted one at that...come on...what do you say...?"

"You have no idea who you're dealing with. For the sake of Sapphire, I'll do my best to bring out the light in you once more. Some sort of corruption has taken hold of you. I was not blind to your bloody and greedy past when I met you. But this evil in you is something that doesn't belong in your heart."

"Oh? Is that so?" He said with a laugh. "And why do you say it doesn't belong in my heart huh? This is how I was before that bitch of a witch queen changed me...and the person you knew before isn't who I am. It was all a lie created by your queen. I'm assuming she didn't believe I would live long enough to make it out of Yokai. Almost did die...but then you two fools came in and saved me."

"The evil in your heart was nowhere near this strong before my mother used her powers on you. That much I'm sure of. Don't get me wrong. You weren't exactly the kind of person I'd want to trust with my life, but you were far less of a shady character than you are now."

Corin stood before him and wondered what exactly had happened to him. Her mother had really done it this time, hadn't she? And what of poor Sapphire?

The sorceress in question was flying at full speed toward the border in order to get to Nathan again.

"Your mother? You mean you're that bitches daughter? Damn. And to think I begged for you to take me in. Pfft." He said as he closed his eyes, his brow furrowed in annoyance as he grumbled. "In any case. Let me out of here so I can get the hell out. There's a world out there other than Yokai and Florensia and I intend to explore it. Cmon now, let me free!"

"Unlikely. And besides, your body really does need time to heal. It might be simpler to let you go and kill yourself, but I am a white mage. And Sapphire would kill me." She uttered a sleep spell and kept him bound. When Sapphire returned, he could take it up with her. For now, Corin went to his room and slept.

When she put the sleep spell on him, he forced himself awake just to think of a small plan...Yes...he'd pretend to be his good self around Sapphire...and pin blames for things he did for Corin unless she did what he wanted... Unable to hold himself to be awake any longer, his eyes fell shut as he fell asleep.

Sapphire managed to reach the border by nightfall. She was going to be exhausted when she reached Nathan, but she would see him again. She didn't want to leave him. She slept in the temple and had strange dreams. When she woke the next morning, she was rather uneasy about her situation. She rose and hopped on her broom without any food or water, going full speed toward the place she knew Corin and Nathan were staying. Something wasn't right.

When Nathan woke up, he tried to stretch and yawn...but he couldn't. "GOD DAMMIT!" He roared throughout the temple as he was still under the immobilization spell that Corin had put onto him. "Corin you take me off of this damn spell right now before I slaughter every mage inside this temple!" He said venomously.

"Now, you see why I can't do that, don't you?" she said, coming through the doorway. "There's no guarantee that you'd not kill them anyway. Tell me, Stone. Why do you wish to harm Sapphire? After everything she did for you, why do you want to hurt her?"

"Why do I want to harm her? Pfft...Its not hurting her. I never loved her to be honest. It was all the queen, forcing me to take on an exact opposite personality just so I would help in the assassination of the Yokai king. Now who is going to pay me? I was supposed to get paid millions!" He said to her angrily. "Let me go and I'll leave you all alone...I just want to get to traveling the world again!"

"And why should I do that? You killed my father, after all. How do you know what she feels? It's not like you have a heart." She gave him a pointed stare and shrugged. "In any case, what's it to you to stick around here a little longer and say good bye to the woman who offered to do a job for you, betrayed her queen for you, and risked her life to saved you? I would think you'd want to see her. If for no other reason than to try and convince her to stick around and join your cause. Not that she ever would." She thought for a moment. "I think I'll go home once Sapphire gets here. No need for me to stick around."

Nathan glared at her as he listened to her. "Let. Me. Out. I don't want to be your little prisoner until Sapphire gets back! I want to split so I don't have to say any fucking good byes alright!?" He roared at her. "Dammit when I get loose, I'm going to finish the job and kill you and your mother!" He roared out at her, still attempting to struggle out of his immobilization spell.

"Oh, yeah, because threatening me and my family really makes me want to let you free even more. God you're an idiot. It's a wonder that she sees anything in you. Out of sheer annoyance I'd have let you go a long time ago, but I do owe Sapphire a great deal. Once she returns, I'll take off the spell and be on my way. You'll never have to see me again. Until then, pipe down you ingrate. Who do you think healed those wounds of yours, anyway? It wasn't like you got better all by yourself. So chill out."

That said, Corin left him. Sapphire, on the other hand, was charging straight toward him, zooming past any and all obstacles in her way. She would make it back before nightfall if she kept this pace up.

Back
Top Bottom