Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Welcome to Twilight

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Broomhandle45

This is the general intro of your characters into the RP, you can use this thread for mingling..or just getting used to the entire idea. However, there are still a few rules so we the mods can have some coherency. We hope this idea really kicks off, but it's going to be hard following things unless you follow these rules.

1. You MUST make an intro for your character, your character doesn't have to interact here, but they must make an intro into Twilight to be considered part of the game. Please post a link of your character sheet

2. In the event that you leave Twilight to RP in an approved world, You must post in this thread that the character has left, and link it to your RP in the other world This is VERY important, and it will help us mods out tracking what's going on. If you can, also post a link of the roleplay you are moving to, it will also be an immense help.

---
A blue moon, that's what I remember so vividly, it even haunts my dreams. The first time I came to this strange city..my eyes opened up to the unflinchingly bright blue moon. It sounds so odd when I first think of it..but that was possibly the most normal thing I had seen during my time there..nobody knew it's name, it's real name..anyway. Some of the more spiritual people who came across it called it the realm of Twilight..the place of inbetween.

A fair name, if there was any other for it...it was truly a place of inbetween. As if everything slipped through the cracks ended up here. Being a human..I never realized how close minded I was, I assumed that there were always people who were human..or humanoid, even human-esque..but not so. Some were little more than talking plants, others? Others were hulking brutes of animals, that spoke the most eloquent sounding languages I had ever heard.

It is a place of culture of a hundred thousand worlds, people and words. It is where blood is spilled away from the main streets, where enemies can meet and be made as easily as the sun rises and sets. People come and go, telling of stories of far away worlds beyond their wildest dreams..and just as soon as they speak, they leave yet again.

Welcome to Twilight, where you will always see a different sunset.

-Excerpt of an unknown traveler's diary, found in the main square of the city.

From every which way, people and creatures of all shapes and sizes populate and walk in Twilight. It is not uncommon to see people simply landing in the streets, or even walking out as if in a drunken daze. The bridges are filled with people who are lost in their own confusion, while the inner realms of the city are often filled with the people who have adjusted..albeit warily. But this is not a safe city, especially for new people. And it is never a far cry away from rounding a corner..or even opening a door to find yourself somewhere else.

The city of Twilight has accepted you, and you must walk the path that it has laid.
--

(due to a few errors in my post, I went back and fixed it up. If this isn't a good enough fix up, then i'll have to study a little more, make sure i understand EVERYTHING besides what i deemed the essentials to know. Hope this adhere's to the Twilight world)

Delshyk looked around the city of Twilight, the strange place he had somehow stumbled across. At first, he was stumped and admittedly scared, but the more time he spent here, the more he grew to admire it. His hunter's eyes, which were hidden by a pair of glasses, took in the most amazing sights. Creatures of all kind would congregate here. It definately proved worthwhile, and he wrote down everything he witness in his journal. The people back at his homeworld would never believe him. He leaned against a wall of a house, his pencil scritching busily against the paper. Laying next to him was his trusty Colt 1911. His stolen armor, which was forest camo, stood out amongst the grey stones. The Blue moon shone brightly overhead. Silently, he stood, his 32 knives not making a noise. There seemed to be a link to worlds at this strange place, which there was no map of. It changed constantly, stumping even the most experienced travelers. Delshyk wished he would have a sure way to get back home, but from the way people talked, it was near impossible. The only thing he could take comfort in is the landmarks that never seemed to change much.

“Where am I?” Charlotte whispered to herself as the air suddenly became just a bit colder, the ground no longer the same stone she’d been walking upon only moments ago. Perplexed, she reached out a tiny, delicate hand and touched the stone wall beside her.

As Charlotte continued through the corridor, she noticed that the wall was rougher than those of the dungeon corridors. Feeling a sense of panic at the unfamiliarity, she began to quicken her steps. Moving ever forward, she suddenly noticed a strange blue glow not too far ahead in the distance. Biting down on her lip, her heart racing, fear washed over her completely and she moved toward the blue light.

Charlotte’s pale eyes went wide as she approached what seemed to be the source of the light. “Oh my, god,” she whispered, her voice barely audible. She was no longer in the dungeons of Malkyn Castle. No. Somehow, she’d ended up in cave. Though she’d never been in the dungeons before, she knew full well that they were underground beneath her father’s castle. There was only one entrance and that entrance was also the exit.

Looking up into the dusky sky as she exited the cave, Charlotte could see the blue moon shining overhead. It was ethereal in its beauty, unlike anything she’d ever seen. She knew full well she wasn’t home any longer. In fact, she had no idea where… or when… she was any longer. As she stepped out of the cave, she noticed that she was in some sort of forest. Luckily, the trees didn’t appear to be too thick or threatening, so she decided to press onward in hopes of finding a clearing. Anything.

As Charlotte walked, her eyes still drifting up to that blue moon, her thoughts drifted to the life she’d apparently left behind…

Charlotte had been utterly heartbroken. In less than a week she’d been set to marry a man she barely knew and didn’t even remotely love. She’d begged and pleaded with her father to see reason, to understand her wishes, her desires. But the man would have none of that. In his eyes she’d been merely a means to maintain social standings within noble courts. It had hardly been fair. Terrified of her fate, she’d tried to run away only to have been turned into the guards. Turned in by the peasants who’d offered her sanctuary and safety for the night in their barn. The reward her father had placed on her return had been to great a temptation for them. As a result of her defiance, he’d placed her in the dungeons and she’d been set to remain there until her wedding day.

Smiling a little, Charlotte found herself suddenly glad. The fate she’d feared was no longer something she needed to worry about. Her father was gone. Her betrothed was gone. Or so it seemed. Swallowing, she closed her eyes for a moment and rubbed at them. When she opened them once more, the strange blue moon still shone down upon her. The forest trees still surrounded her. Yes, this place was real. Now she just needed to learn where exactly she was and if there were any towns nearby.

Delshyk coughed, looking around and jotting more words onto his notebook. He rubbed his eyes behind his glasses, continuing to write. He wanted to try and make a map of this place before he left. Should he be sucessful, which was near impossible from what other's say, he wanted to atleast try. The thought of special markers came to mind, yet he didn't want to anger the fabled Gates. He wasn't a very religious man, but it wasn't the gates he worried about. The ever-present shadow of hallucinations and escalation of fake facts had made it seem as though the gates were magical. Delshyk, however, believed that some being watched over those gates, and maybe the entire realm. The possibilities were mindstaggering, so much so the he wasn't paying attention. He smacked into a wall, almost breaking his glasses, and his nose.

Giselle Do'Urden

She could never get used to plane walking, even when it was unintentional as it was now. One minute, she was walking through the streets of Silverymoon, the cultural heart of Faerun on the plane of existence of Toril, and the next, she was looking up at a blue moon in the sky which stung her light sensitive eyes a bit before she managed to look away. Damn, there went her meeting with the leader of the city considering a nasty group of orcs that had been raiding and pillaging caravans as they made their way across the Western Heartlands. So far there had been no luck in tracking them down, and so she had been called in to help deal with the creatures considering she was the most experienced ranger in the region, next to her own father of course but he had all but given up the adventuring life. He deserved the break though, considering all he had done for the people of Toril.

Easily traversing the wall and standing on the roof of a small adobe building, Giselle's brown eyes scanned the region she found herself in, and couldn't believe her eyes considering that she had never heard of the place she was in now. "By the gods, what have I walked into now?" She chuckled to herself, sighing since it looked like she'd be here a while, at least until she found out some information about the place she was in now. Spying a man that had walked into a wall not too far from where she was, Giselle jumped down silently and approached the fellow. "Hey, who are you? And more importantly, where in the Nine Hells am I?" She asked, standing at five foot seven inches with the black skin and silver long hair that marked her as a dark elf, wearing black, enchanted mithril chainmail armor that bore a foaming mug standard of Clan Battlehammer across her ample chest, and two beautiful scimitars on her hips that were just as deadly as they appeared in her more than capable hands. "My name is Giselle Do'Urden before you ask."

Ezekial Grimké

One moment, life can be all there, held tightly against your chest, close to your heart, next to your soul. It can be a moment of joy, of heart-rendering joy with that warmth of knowing you would always have someone to share this joy with. And yet the next moment you could find yourself lost in that warmth, trying to delve deeper rather than turn back and realize what you had been looking for the entire time had always been a reality. You just hadn't had the courage to take the path.

That's how Ezekial felt. That's how he had felt for many, many years.
Ezekial kicked at the dust, a very unintelligible seeming move for such a brilliant being.
His entire existence, Ezekial had found himself stuck between his knowledge and his insanity. His brilliancy and his craziness. His fantasy and his reality. That's how it was ad how it should be. Ezekial would never be an all-intelligible being, he knew that no matter how much he craved to understand everything; no being, not even the gods could accomplish such a feat as to know the answer to every question. To be able to knock off life and act like it was a joke, a hoax. He chuckled softly to himself at the thought, before having the sudden urge to hit himself. Resisting it, he traversed the streets of Twilight instead.

Everything was so different from his home world. Everything was much more... modern. Advanced. He looked around and saw multiple things he had only recently heard of, making him grow rather curiously excited. His bright yellow, serpentine eyes glowed softly as he cranes his scaly neck around to breathe in a good view of the scenery around him.

"... a wonder. An absolute wonder," he said to himself in a whisper. His thoughts drifted to bar none as he slipped his hands back down his waist and into his pockets. The snake hybrid sighed softly and walked on, still fogged on how he had arrived here. All he could remember was that it wasn't intentional. A failed experiment? Maybe he would never know. Not that it would matter. Now that he was here, this is where he wanted to stay.

(alright. sorry broom for the delay, but my PC is up and running again.)
Jack Swan looked around. All he remembered before waking up was a club, and then nothing. Strange. That's why he always carried his own water, so stuff like this didn't happen. "Ugh, where the hell am I? I gotta get back to Yorktown." He rubbed his head, standing up and rubbing his eyes tiredly. "Maybe someone has directions." He looked back at an empty allyway, walking donw it, hoping to find his way home. After wandering aruond the city for what seemed like hours, he noticed the scene changing, and soon he was in his house on Terra. He rubbed his head tiredly. Must've been some side effects of sleep deprivation. Deep down though, he knew it was not.

Nemera Shin was wet. He had been running for a while in the rain now. He could practically feel the crowd's breathe on his neck when the city hushed. He turned around a took a step backwards, falling into a puddle of mist. He blinked in surprise. This was not the City. The City didn't have mist that...that was warm? He squinted his eyes at his fingers. Were they blue? He shook his dark hair and raised his eyes to the sky. High above him was a luminous blue moon.
"What the...?" Nemera was speechless. He scrambled to his feet, and his catty eyes grew as wide as the moon. He glanced around in fright. Where is this? He thought. It certainly wasn't Adius, for there were hediously old people here. He drew back in disgust. They must be at least thirty, he thought.
It slowly dawned at him that if this wasn't Adius, then he wasn't a wanted fugitive. He grinned and began walking through the maze of ancient yet modern, buildings. He didn't know where he was going, nor did he care. He was just happy to be alive.

He rearranged his glasses before extending his hand. "Delshyk Tion. As for where you are, from what I hear this is kinda like limbo. A hubcap of the worlds I guess." His sword and gear tinkled slightly. "What exactly are you doing here, which world are you from, and why are you wearing chainmail?" His blue eyes shined brightly, his hair swaying gently in a breeze. He looked around, a tad warily as another yawn escaped him.

Charlotte had no idea as to how long she'd wandered through the forest. It felt like an eternity, but since the light cast in the sky by the giant blue moon ceased to change in any way, it was difficult for her to get her bearings.

No day, no night... just what sort of place was she in?

One thing Charlotte knew for certain, she was no longer in England. Malkyn Castle, her father's fortress, had all but disappeared. She did ponder for several moments as to whether she was dreaming or not. If the place she now found herself in was a figment of her overactive imagination or, perhaps, a total delusion given that she'd been locked away in a dungeon - the darkest and coldest place in the castle - for several days. She shivered at the thought, but found delight in the fact that regardless she was now away from her father and the fate that had been originally placed upon her.

Smiling a little, Charlotte quickened her pace. Finally, she came upon a clearing. In the distance she could see buildings dotting the hills. They looked nothing like those she’d been accustomed to back in England. Arching a brow, she decided to move closer. After all, it was the first sign of civilization she’d seen since coming to this place. Perhaps there would be someone there who could explain things to her, let her know what sort of magic was afoot to bring her to this ‘other’ world.

As Charlotte made her way toward the town, her thoughts constantly drifted to the homeland she’d unknowingly left behind. It was puzzling. Did she arrive in this place because she’d wished so hard to avoid her fate of marrying a man she didn’t love? She had no idea. She also wondered if she’d ever find her way back. A small part of her hoped so. Her mother had been left behind, all the familiarities of her life. Yes, she was glad to be away from both her father and her betrothed, but…

Suddenly, a thick fog began to enshroud Charlotte the closer she got to the town. The air became dense with the looming moisture that seemed to be a gateway into the area where she was sure people must reside. Shivering a little as the air became cooler, as it became more and more difficult to see, she brought her arms up around her middle. She gave herself a squeeze and felt her heart beginning to race. Something felt off, something making her feel the need to turn around and run. She couldn’t explain it.

Perhaps her corset was too tight? Perhaps it was making it hard for her to breathe and thus think?

Charlotte didn’t know, but she didn’t want to dwell on such things either. Her instincts were taking over, telling her to just react.

Run! Run, now!

At that, Charlotte turned slightly in her path and began to run. The fog was so thick she could no longer see the town, nor could she see the forest. It was unnerving, disturbing. Panicking, tiny whimpers crossed over her lips as she ran, her fear at the forefront of her emotions.

“No… no…” Charlotte muttered. As she ran, she clamped her pale eyes shut for a brief moment. When she opened them, she was astounded. “Oh god…” she cried, falling to her knees.

Burying her face in her hands, Charlotte began to sob. Shaking violently as she cried, she wondered just what devilry was at work now. Gone was the solitude world she’d just been in. Gone was the blue moon and the fog. Looking up once more, she tried to take in the vision before her.

Death. Destruction. Nothingness.

Shivering, warm tears streaking her cheeks, Charlotte felt nothing but despair. She couldn’t begin to describe the sights before her, structures she couldn’t comprehend. One thing she did know, despite her life experiences, the place she was in was ‘dead’. Abandoned. Something catastrophic had happened… something terrible.

“W-where am I?” Charlotte whispered before curling up into a ball on the dusty ground to cry.

Delshyk had grown tired of waiting for a reply. He decided it was time to go back to his homeworld, if he could find his way back. "Well, I'll sed you around, I guess." He started to wander off, into the forest, hoping to find someone who wasn't so quiet. His gear jingled with each step, and soon he found himself engulfed by trees. The forest seemed almost apprehensive, but it didn't faze Delshyk.

((You made me wait for four days. Keep that in mind Razor.))

Giselle was having a bit of trouble understanding just what had happened when Delshyk started to walk away since she had taken too long to reply. Mentally kicking herself, Giselle ran up and caught up to him. "Sorry bout that, just I guess I'm in a bit of shock since this place is quite alien to me. Sure, magic and stuff like it is every day things in my own world, but this goes beyond the norm even for me. I don't know what I'm doing here since I didn't come here by choice. I was on my way to Silverymoon, walking through a forest to get there, when all of a sudden I find myself looking at that blue moon that is overhead. As for what world I'm from, I am from the Prime Material Plane of Toril, the continent of Faerun to be precise. As for why I'm wearing chainmail, that's mithril chainmail to you and it's because I wouldn't be caught dead without it since most of my homeland is covered in wilderness and has more than a few dangerous beasts about them as well as barbarian tribes, even now. There's a lot of cities and villages sure, but for the most part the entire continent is full of monsters of one variety or another. What of yourself? You seem ready for battle as well if I don't miss the mark."

(yeah, I know. Sorry about that, but in those four days I was fixing the PC)

Delshyk rubbed the back of his neck, wondering why she had followed him out here. "Mythril or not, I doubt it would stop a bullet." He looked at his gear, nodding to himself. "Yeah, I've always been ready for battle. Everyone says I came into this world, fighting." He sighed. "Led a small contingent of soldiers back home. Magic, well me and my men just don't care about it. It's not as reliable as our Devastators." He continued walking, jotting down thing in his notebook, his bandaged arm clearly visible. "The only 'magic' I use can't really be classified as magic. Do you know how to sense Aura's?"

Ezekial had always drifted with the winds, following where they took his hollowed heart. Having nothing to fill it but questions, it was easily swayed in one way or the next. And frankly, right now, the winds were screaming at him. The Yuan-Ti took his black staff from his back and tapped it on the ground, muttering something. A light green circle appeared around him.

His destination? Unknown. Purpose? Unknown. But the thing was, fate told him to come. So he would follow it's beckon, and reach to the unknown.

Suddenly, as he kept walking, a sudden and almost choking mist seemed to come out of the ground, engulfing him. Immediately, he felt the air around him change to something colder, clammier than the world he had been in. Either his home had been overcome by Ezamu, or something else had happened. Something he was unsure of, but yet something that seemed oddly familiar.

Nemera was definately lost now. "Great," he whispered. Suddenly his stomache growled. He winced. When had he last eaten? At least a fortnight ago. He scanned the city for food. He had just spotted a possibly source when the city changed. It hadn't really, but it was almost as if something had happened and tried to cover it up.
Nemera growled at himself. "Stupid, paranoid idiot. You're just hungry, Nothing happened." He walked stiffly over to a small house thing. He closed his eyes, exhausted, leaning against the door. He didn't even know where to get food here. Could he even eat this food, but more importantly, where is this?
He looked back up at the moon. It almost made him want to shift. In fact, it did make him want to. Seconds later, a dark panther flew down the streets of the City of Twilight searching for food.

((Ah it's all good man.))

Giselle shrugged since she had never seen a bullet before, or a gun for that matter. Crossbows, arrows, catapults, things like that she was quite familiar with however. "Maybe not, but one can only hope. Besides, I've never heard of a bullet or a Devastator before. We still use bows, arrows, and other weapons of the same." She replied, shrugging in turn as she easily kept pace with the soldier. His question caught her off guard a bit however since her attention had been on his arm. "Sorry. No, that is not in my own repertoire of skills, but I have heard the word before and those that could supposedly sense auras. Me, I don't know whether they exist or not for sure, but it's not outside the realm of possibility I know. Why do you ask? And, might I ask what happened to your arm?"

The faster Nemera ran, the more the sights blurred together. The scent of food was the only thing on his mind. He didn't even notice when the blue light began to disappear.

Stretching her arms she let out a soft groan of satisfaction as a series of pops and, cracks trailed down her spine and, shoulders. Resting her hands on her knee's she looked around herself in her usual curious manner even though it sometimes got her into trouble. " Deep into that Darkness peering, long I stood Wondering, Fearing, Doubting, Dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before!" she said in a sudden burst her voice rising and, then lowering dramatically. Her random incoherent outbursts were often and, confusing. None could really make sense of what she said and, there was no order to her words just utter chaos and, as she learned but, still didn't obey; you don't want to confuse or upset some of these beings, it makes them very angry. Hopping down from the barrel she had been perched on she inhaled deeply "Presently my soul grew stronger; Hesitating then no longer!" she said on the ex-hale. Though none not even her could quite figure out how she managed to say some of the things she said on so small a breath.

Cracking her neck she smiled a little bit and, began walking down the moonlit road in front of her " Stars in the orbits, shone pale thro' the light Of the brighter,cold moon, 'Mid planets her slaves, Herself in the heavens, Her beam on the waves. I gazed awhile on her cold smile; Too cold-Too cold for me--" She said in a sickeningly sweet cold voice. Her breathing was steady and, her hair seemed not to move in the realm between realms. " Oh to seek respite under the pale moonlight; silly little mortals who dare dream of life so simple and, sweet- I fear you'll find more than you bargained for, here where realms entwine." She said raising her hand to her mouth giggling softly. " I am a Tsukumogami ; A hundred years I wept, A hundred years I slept till the day I won my eternal soul." She said with a little twirl. Of all the Tsukumogami before her she had developed most strangely acquiring a personality far outreached by any others.

.: I feel I need to post this ; References for some of the things I said were verses from Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven" and, "Evening Star" the rest were by me. :.

It wasn't long before the sky in Twilight was illuminated by a bright star, which bled two different colors of red and blue. Many would see it as a brilliant spectacle. But, within the star's center, the two combatants were out for blood. Their swords clashed violently, sparks of light and dark lightning arching outward in any which way possible. Their eyes shined with a angelic blue and a demonic red. Their bodies were both muscular, their armor shining and glowing with power. It was a battle that would please the Gods of Valhalla and Ragnarok both. Only when the last clash, the last savage collision of their weapons occured... the Gods of Valhalla cringed.

The star became two, the blue one plummetting to the ground while the red sparked with victory. Whatever buildings that were in the path of the blue light were destroyed and ruined; nothing could stop it's course until it finally came to rest in a massive explosion of dirt and debris. It seemed like an eternity as the blue light vanished. Only when laughter echoed through the sky did the form of Ezerand Kieler emerge from the crater, an angered frown upon his face. "Damn it, Carrion! You won't keep me here for long! I will find you and I will tear your organs out and feed them to the raven of Odin!" His promise went unheard, for Carrion had vanished. Growling, he rolled his head and arms, stretching, before he began to dust his clothing off. "Damn it... and this was one of my best suits..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom