Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dream Girl (SHARPii and Josu_T)

He listened as Astoria told him about herself. She sounded interesting. As she finished he smiled at her. He had an immediate response. "I'd love to hear you sing some time. You have a very nice voice and I think you must be a very good singer." He really meant it, plus it would also be an excuse to see her more. Suddenly the waiter arrived with their food. The restaurant was very quick, and that early in the evening they didn't have many meals to make. Eric thanked the man and then took a bite of his food, looking back at Astoria and wondering if she would want him to hear her sing. For him, doing anythihng with her would make him happy.

Astoria smiled at him, looking down when he said he wanted to hear her sing. A blush came over her cheeks and as their food came, she poked at is gently. "Well there's a reason I'm a struggling singer because I'm too shy to sing in front of anyone. Only thing I can sing in front of is my mirror, in my bathroom." She laughed, shaking her head as she took a bite of her food. She had always been shy when it came to her singing. She used to sing in front of her family all the time when she was little. As she grew up, she started to care and anytime when her mom or dad smiled at her when she sang, she didn't know why but Astoria got all shy and would stop. It had been that way since then.

As she blushed Eric smiled. She looked cute when she blushed. Then she said she didn't sing in front of anyone. He shook his head at that. "Oh no. You said you are a singer, I want to hear you sing. After dinner we will go somewhere that does karaoke. I can go first so you can get a good laugh and look good by comparison. Trust me, no matter how you do, you will look and sound better than me. So? Will you join me?" He smiled at her and ate a little more of his meal. He didn't know why she didn't sing in front of people, but he wanted to help her if possible. He also wanted to hear her voice. He was convinced it would be great.

Astoria laughed when he said that and she shook her head. "No I couldn't do that. If I can only sing in front of my mirror, what makes you think I can sing in front of you or anyone else?" She let out a heavy sigh and looked at him when he said that. Shaking her head, she couldn't help but smile. "Fine..." She murmured. "Just don't smile." She said simply, taking another bite of her food before she continued on.

Eric faked a pout as she said she couldn't sing. He watched her until she agreed. Then he smiled. When she told him not to smile he forced a neutral face. He continued eating his meal. The discussion changed and he enjoyed getting to know her better. Slowly hs started forgetting his dreams and started liking her just because of her. It was a nice change. As the meal finished he leaned back in his seat. The bill for the meal came and was placed in the middle of the table. He quickly reached out and took it. He smiled at her. "I know you said you would pay or it, but what kind of gentleman would I be if I didn't treat you to the meal. I insist on paying for dinner."

Of course she didn't mean no smiling now but the conversation soon changed to something else and they were just getting to know each other. It was remarkable really and she was beginning to realize that there was nothing about him that could change her feelings. She liked him the minute she saw him and now she was liking him even more, dream in or dream out. It was really quite refreshing to know him and not have to even think about her difference or be worried about it with him. It didn't even come across her mind and that just showed that she wasn't as different from everyone. Sure, her personality was this crazy eccentric weirdo but being a human-wise, she was just like everyone else; a human.

When the bill came, she tried to make a grab for it but was beat by him. "Hey..." She frowned and then listened to his reasoning. Tilting her head, she let out a sigh and nodded, but still took her wallet out. "Only if I can leave the tip. I did want to pay but since you're being so sweet, I'll let you this time. But only if I get to leave the tip. That is the condition that I am proposing." She grinned, putting a ten down on the table. She was a very generous tipper. Good karma and she knew what it was like to live off of tips for a long while. Not the easiest thing in the world, at all.

He grinned as she made conditions for him paying. He nodded in agreement and watched her put down the tip. He then opened his wallet and pulled out the money to cover the meal. He counted out exact change to show her he was holding up his end of the deal and letting her cover the tip. He also noticed she said "this time" taking it as a good sign that she might want to go out again. It made him happy. He put his wallet back in his pocket and got up. He slid his chair back in place and then waited for her to get ready to leave. "So, off we go to karaoke. I promise not to smile while you sing, as hard as it may be. I am sure you will be great. You shouldn't worry. Plus, you really will get to laugh at me. I can't sing at all."

It's not like she was watching him or keeping an eye on him to make sure he was keeping his end of the deal but she was glad that he allowed her to do at least this. Getting up, she grabbed her bag and walked out with him, heading to the Karaoke Bar. "Hm...I suppose that's an added advantage of this entire thing. It's just, I don't know. I was always able to sing in front of everyone when I was a kid. Hell that's all I did, but then I started to care and I got so shy when people would smile. I know they would be enjoying it or whatever, but it just made me so shy." She laughed, shaking her head.

"But if they don't have a song that I like to sing, then I am not singing. So you singing would be for pure entertainment, for me." Nudging his shoulder, she took his hand and hurried on to the best Karaoke Bar she knew of. Of course, Astoria tried so hard to break out of her shyness so she hunted down the best bar she knew of to try it out but the moment she'd walk in, she'd turn around and walk right out and leave because it was hopeless.

By the time she got there, she dragged him in with her and then stared at the stage with the microphones all set up as well as the karaoke. Swallowing hard, she suddenly had a whole bunch of nervousness and shyness swarming over her. "Maybe it's not a good idea." She said, looking at him, squeezing his hand.

As she explained her reason for not singing in front of people he walked with her in silence. It made some sense. She had gained her shyness at home. He just hoped he could help break her of it. Then she made conditions for her singing. He laughed as she nudged him. Then he felt her take his hand. He looked down at it and smiled. He was glad she seemed to be having a good time and seemed to like him. His worries were long gone. He was really enjoying himself with her. He was also glad it wouldn't fade as his dreams did when he woke up. This time with her would go on until they parted ways at the end of their evening.

They soon arrived at a karaoke bar. She pulled him inside and he looked around. It looked nice. He glanced at her and saw she was nervous. She tried to say it wasn't a good idea. He felt her hand gripping his tightly. He smiled and looked into her eyes. "I am sure you will be great. You just need to give it a try. If you don't try you won't know how you will do. Please try for me. I really want to hear you sing. If you get up there and sing an entire song for me, I promise that I will give you or do for you anything you want. Anything at all. But you have to get on stage and get through an entire song. Do we have a deal?" His expression was of pure sincerity. He really meant it. He just hoped it would be enough motivation for her to get past her shyness.

Astoria turned to look at him and she bit her lower lip. The way his eyes looked into hers, it melted her right to the core. The way he spoke was so soft and kind with such a pure genuine tone, she'd do anything for him. Nodding slowly, she bit her lower lip, her eyes locked on his. "Okay. This is for you." She nodded, taking his hand again and placing a kiss to his cheek and smiled.

"Come on, it's time for your moment in spotlight and my chance to die of laughter." She grinned, teasing him a little bit as she walked him in, signing them both up for karaoke, putting him first of course and her second. Taking a table, she looked at him, as the current person up there was just starting on their song, as she looked through the list of songs they had on the karaoke. Unfortunately, they had the song she wanted to sing so she had to sing, but she was going to do this for him. For him. That's what she'd tell herself.

She stunned him with the look she gave him. Then even more when she kissed his cheek. He grinned as she told him it was his turn to make her laugh. He went with her and let her sign him up. He joined her at a table and let her pick her song. He was planning on just going with a random selection. It really didn't matter. He waited until it was his turn and went up on stage. He randomly pointed at the list to choose his song. It was one he barely knew, but he shrugged and let the music start. As he sang he wasn't as horrible as expected, but his timing was bad and he missed a large number of notes. In general it was quite bad, but it wasn't the worst in the world. He finished his song and stepped down. He looked at Astoria and smiled.

When he got up there, Astoria cheered for him, clapping her hands and such and trying her hardest not to laugh but she couldn't help it. It wasn't she laughing at him but it was her laughing at just how he was acting. He had pure confidence to get up there and sing when he couldn't really keep a note or find a note. That took assurance in one's self and she thought it was so attractive and brave. It was an amazing thing about him.

By the time he was done singing, she had her hands covering her mouth, she laughing, trying to sustain the obnoxious laughter that so wanted to erupt. Standing up, she greeted him, still laughing a little bit. "You just became my hero, right then and there." Smiling at him, she looked towards the stage, knowing it was her turn. Swallowing hard, she kind of froze in her place. She hoped she was moving, hoped that she was walking but she knew she wasn't. "Um...can you give me a little push?"

Eric could see his performance had been amusing for Astoria. He went over to her with a smile. When she got up and declared him her hero he chuckled. He was no hero. He was just comfortable with who he was. He looked at her and waited for her to move to the stage. It was quickly clear that she was nervous. She asked for him to give her a push. He shook his head. She needed to go under her own power. He did lean iin close and kiss her cheek. Then he spoke a few words of encouragement. "Just trust in yourself. Have complete faith that you will be able to do it and nothing will stand in your way. And remember, we have a deal if you make it the whole way through the song. I am sure you can do it and I am sure you will be great. You have no need to worry." With those words spoken he took his seat and watched her. He really hoped she would get the courage to go and sing.

Astoria stared at the stage as he whispered such encouraging words. She swallowed hard but then nodded slowly, the feeling of his kiss on her cheek, reverberating throughout her soul. Walking up on stage, she took the mic and let 'I love Rock 'n' Roll' by Joan Jett play. Sure it wasn't one song that really showed her vocal quality but when she thought of Karaoke, she liked to have fun and this was a fun song. Plus, her voice was versatile. It didn't have to show vocal quality to be good. It just had to show strength and if she had fun, that's all that mattered.

As the song started from the beautiful guitar intro, she stood there nervous and kind of frozen, staring at the words screen, clutching the mic to her heart. Oh god...I'm screwed When she started to sing, it was a little weak at first because there were so many people but his words kept screaming in her head. She started to let loose, bring her voice out in the strong front and actually started performing the song. It was fun, she was having a blast and her voice shined out in such a rock song.

For this song her voice was a little husky and slightly deep with the occasional pull of a high note here and there. It flowed like no other, did not sound like Joan Jett but she made the song her own with her own flare and style and it worked. She really could sing. It wasn't a delusional thing. She could sing. The most beautiful part of it was when she got up on that stage and actually performed it out. There was a difference between just standing and singing and truly performing. It meant the audience could see just how passionate the singer was and it showed across her face just how passionate Astoria was.

Eric sat and watched, hoping that Astoria would be able to get past her nerves and sing the song. As he had promised he tried hard not to smile as she got started. It wasn't long before she was singing and getting more and more into it. He was very happy with her. He held onto the neutral face for a few more bars and then couldn't stop a smile from forming. He happily watched her and listened as she did an amazing job with the song. She really could sing well. He was glad he had talked her into it. He enjoyed every note and every movement she made on stage.

When she finished the song he stood and applauded her. He went over to her as she stepped off the stage and gave her a hug. "You were great. See, I told you that you could do it and that you would be great. You were brilliant." He let go of her and took a step back. His hands went and took hold of her hands. He looked into her eyes. "Simply wonderful. So, what do you want to do now? Remember, I now owe you whatever you want. I am proud of you."

As the song came to an end, she felt the instant rush of a successful performance and suddenly realized what it was about singers and performers and musicians and being on stage. The feeling was astounding and she craved it more, suddenly. Hearing applause and seeing Eric standing, she smiled brightly and let out a gentle sigh. Putting the mic down, she hopped off stage and went to him and hugged him, wrapping her arms around his neck. If she learned this so long ago, she would have broken out of her shy spell then because the rush and the feeling was something she never experienced. It was almost like last night's dream though not as intense and pleasurable.

Looking at him, she laughed and smiled brightly. "Thank you. Oh god, it felt so good. The rush, the adrenaline. It's amazing." She laughed, sitting down with him and looking at him. Everytime he looked into her eyes, she felt like her body was going to melt, or that it already did. Biting her lower lip, she couldn't help but blush again but this time she didn't look away. "Um...anything? Well this could take a while." She felt so giddy and giggly; like a girl. "I don't know." Her mind was reeling with things but it was far too early for any of that. "I'll save it for later." Moving her hands over his cheeks, she kissed his left cheek, but it was almost like the corner of his mouth, that's how close it was.

They sat down and he continued looking into her eyes. He could see joy and excitement there. He was glad he had been able to help put it there. He listened as she considered what she wanted. She said she would save it and he nodded. He was about to speak when she leaned in and kissed his cheek. It was almost his lips. It would have been easy to turn his head just a little and have her kissing him properly. He smiled at her and considered what she would do if he did kiss her. He decided against it and glanced away from her for a moment. He pondered what to do, then just asked her. "Do you want to stick around here some more? Or would you like to go somewhere else? It is still fairly early. We can go anywhere. Maybe a movie."

Astoria's hands moved to his own and she just sort of held them. She had always wanted to and it was a perfect fit. The way it made her feel was astounding. "Um, a movie sounds nice. But...can I pay for it this time? Please?" She always told herself that when it came to dates and expenses, she would want it to be an even coverage. Since he paid for their food, she wanted to be able to pay for their movie tickets. Even if she had given a ten dollar tip. It still didn't cover the entire meal. An adorable pout came over her face and she looked at him, her eyes penetrating into his. How could someone resist such cuteness!

Her hands holding his felt nice. He smiled softly. She asked to pay for the movie and she seemed determined. Her face was one he couldn't say no to. He nodded to her. He also realised that if their relationship did grow into something then he would need to learn to say no to that face. Otherwise he'd be doomed. She would be able to get him to do anything for her. With a soft laugh he stood up and took her by the hand. They left and went out onto the street in the direction of the nearest movie theatre. He walked still holding her hand. It wasn't long before they were at the theatre. He looked over at her. "What would you like to see? I have my preferences, let's see if we have the same choice."

Astoria giggled and she smiled. If they did get into a relationship, she'd be using that face a lot. Not to always try and get what she want but she may be nineteen or twenty but she was like a little kid at heart. She made cute so adorable. Though it's not like she told herself that. It just kind of happened. Walking to the theater, she held his hand. It was so fun to hold his hand. It felt so nice and sweet and she felt so giddy. She could just bust out laughing, that's how giddy she was.

Looking at him, she then looked up at the movies they were showing and pursed her lips. "Hm...do we want romantic-comedy? Scary movie to cuddle to or an action packed movie?" She asked gently. The way her mind was going was like this: In movies, depending on the genre, it tended to be the reason on what the viewer did during the movie. During a romantic-comedy, she could see them holding hands and really watching it. In a scary movie, she could see herself with him and his arm around her. Very cuddly. In an action packed movie, she saw them making out and not really paying attention because for her, she never paid attention to action movies if she was on a date--which she never had been.

Her decision was not much of a decision, but he picked up on her saying the scary movie would be to cuddle. He started to think about what would happen during the film. If it was an action movie he would likely be drawn into it and actually want to watch it. More so if it was one he had not seen. If it was a romantic comedy a lot of possibilites were there. It depended on how good it was. The scary movie would almost guarantee cuddling. Even more was possible. He nodded at his decision. "Let's go for the scary movie. It should be good." He let go of her hand and let her go get the tickets. He wouldn't jump in and pay for them like he had with dinner. He wanted to, but he had told her he would let her pay.

Astoria nodded and she stepped up to pay and she got two tickets for the scary movie. After paying, she smiled and thanked the person and then went back to Eric and handed him one ticket. "Shall we?" She asked, offering him her hand, looking up at him, unable to sway away from looking into his eyes. She had a feeling they'd be doing a lot of that but she couldn't help it.

[sorry it's crazy short >.< I have no excuse]

Eric took the ticket and nodded. He took her hand and looked into her eyes. He smiled and then walked with her inside. He paused before heading toward the theatres. He considered getting snacks before going in, but decided against it. They had just eaten and he wasn't even sure if they would have enough focus to actually eat or drink anything during the movie. They continued on to the proper theatre and found seats. They were just in time for the trailers to start. He sat and once they were settled he placed his hand lightly on top of hers. He smiled over at her once and then watched the trailers. He hadn't once thought of his dreams with her in them since they had gone to do karaoke. He was really enjoying his time with her.

Once seated in the theater, she sat back and looked at him when she felt his hand on hers. She looked at their hands and couldn't for the life of her wipe her smile off of her face. Her eyes then focused on the trailers. Some of them scary and then some just funny. She always found it interesting that depending on what the genre of the movie was, the trailers that went with it, tended to fit it. Although this one time when she watched the The Hangover all the trailers she saw with it were nothing but these scary movies and The Hangover was so not a scary movie.

It surprised her, how intermixed the the trailers were, not exactly fitting in with the genre of the movie. Perhaps it was never that way to begin with, but she didn't care. She was in a dark room, alone with Eric. If they hadn't met already, she could have used this kind of setting for one of their dreams. Speaking of dreams, she hadn't thought about anything related to it since the entire 'date' started. It was a wonderful feeling, truly and it gave her hope if he ever found out the truth about her or how they really met.

He didn't really pay attention to the trailers. He didn't care what movies were going to be coming out. He just relaxed and enjoyed being near Astoria. He didn't really do much until the movie got started. The first scene just jumped right into being creepy and scary. He boldly just reached up and wrapped his arm around her. He pulled her close and looked up at the screen. He tried to at least pretend he was paying attention to the movie and cared about what happened in it. Truthfully he didn't care about the movie. He was only there because he knew it would be a nice place to go with Astoria.

Back
Top Bottom