Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Check Mate~BenenxJaqueline

She looked up again and answered "Alex." and went back to examining the thing. When she pressed buttons on her remote it made the thing whirr and click. It took off again, heading back the way it came. She watched it go, until it was out of sight, and she had nothing to do but finally look at him again.
"....Zank hyu..."

"Alex." She said again, the pet name she had for the makeshift RC chopper, "Hy beelt eet..." She blushed and looked at the fire now.

"Your brother? was that thing built by your brother?" his voice was sincere, she looked like she as being turned on, by some kind of thought, but all that Azer could think of was Love.

Alyssia shook her head, "No, no brhodder, hy beelt eet." She corrected him. She didn't have any siblings.

"You, built it. thats old world tech, thats something that hasn't been around in almost a thousand years." Azer dug around in his pack, and finally pulled out what he was looking for, it was a small toy helicopter. it was a small one but it had many of the same features as Alyssia's.

"You built something like this." Azer stood up and handed the small toy helicopter to Alyssia for her to inspect.

Alyssia's eyes widened in wonder and interest for once, instead of terror. She reached out, wanting to touch it, but retracted her hand quickly, looking apologetic for acting so entitled.

"Take it look at it, You way keep that i have a few more." Azer was kind and as he spoke he produced two more out of his bag. "Please consider it a gift from me to you.

Alyssia took the small device and smiled broadly, "Zank hyu!" She poked and prodded it. It was smaller and much sleeker, lacking all the strange lumps her larger one did. She twisted and clicked a couple parts of the small one and then pressed a couple buttons on her remote, and in less than thrity seconds she was flying the small chopper around the fire.

She nodded and smiled more sheepishly, the higher pitch buzzing all around the two of them as she expertly piloted the device. She reeled it back to her and it landed in her palm. She held it like it was something so fragile and precious, hands cupped and close to her chest. Alyssia's distraction began to wear off and she realized something.
"Vhair doo hy goh naow?" She asked herself.

"That I do not know, but if you want you may follow me. I am looking for something further inland, and the company would be nice."

Azer was looking Alyssia over, admiring her shape. He Smiled a bit more, mostly to himself than anything else.

Alyssia silently pondered this, weighing her choices.
The laboratory was where she was raised, and where she had lived her whole life. It's gone now, she can't go back to the city. There is no where for her to go there. This man DID save her life, but could he be trusted? She only just met him...
"Hokay." She answered in a feeble voice.

"but for now, we must wait the night out, nothing else that we can do this night. "I'm sorry that I don't have another but if you would like you can share my tent with me."

Alyssia shook her head and pressed a long sequence of buttons on her remote then waited for her large chopper to return. It landed, and one of the copper blotches on it fell off, then began getting larger. The chopper lifted off again to make room as suddenly a small living quarters was created before them. Thin but strong brass colored walls and a bare interior. Alyssia opened the smooth cube with a touch of a button, a door appearing. She stepped inside, pressing another button, the door shut, not even leaving a crease, the cube totally smooth.

Azer smiled, his mind rearing. it had been a thousand years since he had seen old world tech in use. as the night went on, he kept the fire going, it had been nearly a century since he discovered how his body only needed 8 hours of sleep in a week. he watched as the stars rose and fell, but was startled when a noise far off caught his attention. it sound like a small crash, and he went to investigate.

What had crashed was the sound of Alyssia's craft, destroyed by a mutated bear, its tracks leading off into the dark. Azer looked at her tech and picked it up bringing the 500lb machine back to camp, and started to work on it, making the repairs needed, even as he heard Alyssia awaken and come out of her room.

((*Eyes suspiciously* Careful moving my own character around...Don't get into the habit...))

Alyssia observed what he was holding in a groggy state. It took a second, then it clicked, and she realized what happened. She gave a start and jumped foreward, shooing him away with hand motions, "Ghit bhek!" She pleaded, hefting her remote, pressing buttons rapidly.

((just an observation, I did nothing to your character just said that she came out of her little room.))

Nothing went wrong with her frantic button mashing Azer had put everything back perfectly, his knowledge of old world tech extensive.

he left his hands up, "I've done nothing to it, i heard it crash last night, it had been attacked by a mutant bear, all I've done was put it back together."

A long string of clicks and other odd noises came from the device. She looked up at Azer in awe, "Hyu ken feex erefectz?"

"Dotz amhazink!" She exclaimed. She had never met someone ELSE who could build artifacts! She curbed her joy suddenly, blushing wildly, "Hy em sorry..." She apologized. Such behavior was never approved of in the lab.

Alyssia was confused, not understanding him, "Bek ver?" She asked, tilting her head. Her face felt hot whenever she looked directly at him, and her bright red blush didn't help that.

Back
Top Bottom