Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fallout ({Sy x Jugger})

"If that truly is the case Danza...why hasn't he finished us off? Maybe he thinks he can toy with us until we eventually turn on one another, its already happening between you and Ichiro and I can feel that Autumn doesn't trust anyone but you here. It seems like you're all that connects us...and if you go, we'll fall into chaos." He shrugged. "What a pain that would be. I doubt I'd be able to take on a deathclaw along with a super mutant in a free for all match in such a tiny place, and even still the victor will eventually be killed off...hrm..."

"He has a genius mind which makes him manipulative and dangerous. And apparently he's making situations where, as you say, I'm the center holding the peace together." She also mumbled to herself "Thats an ironic twist." She then looked at one of the cameras as they walked passed it. "This person, whoever he is, seems to know me somehow. . . personally. He knew I'd come to this place, he knew I would befriend Autumn on such a personal level, he knows I have a 'distaste' for arrogant and prideful people such as Ichiro - no offence." Her eyes grew distant thoughtfully as she slightly nibbled on her lip; a habit she did when she was faced with a puzzle she couldn't solve. She could think of none such as what she herself was describing. The only person she ever lett close to her on such a detailed level was Nathan and it was obvious he wasn't behind this.

({Fwi, I'm totally making up this plot as i go xP })

(And hilariously its actually working out :] )

"None taken human." Ichiro said as he continued to walk on. Nathan just shrugged as he walked alongside Danza. "Well...I guess we'll see who this guy really is once we get to him, right? He may be someone closer to you than you think." He shrugged. "Maybe a long lost relative, someone you back stabbed in a mission, maybe even someone who blames you for a death on my behalf, as you know I've killed many people just to screw with your missions." He chuckled at the thought of him having her get caught up in all this because of his ways.

({Woohoo! lol})

She grinned at Nathan and rolled her eyes. It wouldn't surprise her if this person ended up being a round-a-bout problem that Nathan started a long time ago due to one of his personal agenda's to piss her off. "Well in any case, I have no idea where such a place could be. A place where he can monitor camera's and control the electronics. Do you Ichiro?" She kept her tone pleasant even though it tasted like sour vinegar in her mouth to ask him for help. But she knew she had no other choice because although she didn't do well working as a team, she knew such a sacrifice would have to be made to get through this.

Ichiro shrugged. "I know not human...but something about this room feels odd. We have passed this flashing monitor a good number of times, yet it seems we are getting nowhere." He stopped and looked at them. "Maybe if one of us stays here and the rest of you move on, we'll see if we really are moving in circles." He sighed and looked at the three of them. "And once again I shall stay behind while you three venture forward. Go now, make haste as I do not like waiting."

She blinked at Ichiro's suggestion of moving in circles and she realized she had noticed it too. Her mind was so preoccupied with thinking of who is behind this that it didn't register. She looked at Ichiro and swallowed the words of annoyance she was going to say to him due to his suggestion of someone staying behind and then spoke as if he was being forced to stay behind. Then something popped in her mind. She decided to test this person who thought he could control them like puppets. "I'll stay with you Ichiro." She then turned to Autumn and using a make-shift of body language and tone's in noises she uttered from her throat, she hoped she could get Autumn to understand that she wanted him to go with Nathan.

Autumn looked to her and cocked its head before letting out a small whimper before walking over to Nathan. Nathan didn't feel that this was a good plan but Danza had a mind of her own. "Well...I guess we'll be off then. Cmon boy." He said as he patted Autumn. The two left and Ichiro and Danza were the only ones left behind. Ichiro looked to the girl with a suspicious look in his eyes. "Why did you stay back human? Why did you not go with your friend and pet to leave me here until your return? You humans are so complicated and confusing."

She looked to Ichiro and couldn't help to have a small scowl to her eyes. Her eyes then looked over the area they were in and once she knew where all the camera's one, she shot them one by one with her sniper rifle. Leaving only one remaining that she could tell was only a visual camera. Not one that picked up voices or sounds. She then turned her gun to Ichiro, aimed straight at his forehead between his eyes. Her rifle had specially equipped ammo that could easily pierce the mutants exposed skull and puncture his brain. If whoever was watching her knew so much about her, then hopefully he knew that fact. Keeping her firm and strict face she spoke to Ichiro quickly before he started shooting. "Don't be alarmed ichiro. I mean no harm and I'm not threatening you. This is just for appearance for our mystery audience."

Ichiro watched with crossed arms as she began to shoot the camera. When she aimed the gun at him, he glared at her fiercely in the eyes, even after what she said. "Yeah well I don't see a point in this. Why are you pretending to threaten me and purposely miss the bullets? Its not much of an audience is it?" He said as he began to walk at her, his eyes still glaring. "But I'll play your little game...'don't be alarmed'." He mimicked as he sent a fist straight at her, whether or not she would miss this or not his fist would land hard against whatever was in its path.

"I'm not missing the bullets Ichiro." When he swung his fist, she gracefully twirled out of the path so his fist hit the steel wall that was behind her. Keeping her gun trained to his head, now aimed at the side of his temple. "You wouldn't understand. You're not 'human'. I don't think you ever were. Mister "elite guard". You talk about me and humans like we're insignificant insects compared to your kind. Well you know what, you WERE a human. Its not like you evolved and became a higher being. You MUTATED and became a vile and bitter monster that spent too much time hating your own existence that you have to leak your hate to the people you once were." She kept her body tensed up. She knew her words would probably hit a nerve somewhere and she needed to be ready for any attack Ichiro tried to dish out next.

Ichiro remained there, even as his fist was bleeding into the wall. He didn't speak after she spoke and slowly pulled his bleeding hand from the large dent in the wall. Wiping the blood off with some swipes at the wall, he turned away from her and stormed over to the camera before he crushed it with the same hand that was wounded. "Your words may be true, I am not certain. I am human, yet I am not. My memories of my humanity died with my mutation so I am no more of you humans, so I never consider myself to be one." Shaking his head, he looked at the camera bits before dropping them slowly to the ground. "Well what now human? Are we just going to wait here until your friend and pet get here or are we going to sit here till we rot...well...until you rot."

"How you look and what you remember do not define your humanity, Ichiro. How you act does." She holstered her rifle in its place on her back and stood directly in front of Ichiro. If he wanted to hurt her now, he could've done it easily. "First lesson, show respect. Hate and rudeness only breed more hate and rudeness. As you have seen from the war between our kinds and the negativity between you and me. If nothing else, you could try to not look down on people all the time. . . figuratively speaking. And another thing, my name is Danza. Not 'human'. I show you respect by calling you Ichiro instead of Mutant. Least you can do is show me the same courtesy."

"Pfft...whatever." He said as he turned away. "Something's odd bout this place...Been here for who knows how long and you all have been the only people to come to the door...other than rats. There has to be another way inside this vault...otherwise, how does this human leave and enter? Its all so strange...none of this is making sense. I've got eyes sharp enough to spot nightkin a mile away, yet I see nothing in the vast darkness of the whole year I was in the cage...there's no way the human could slip by me without me noticing...what do you think human?"

Danza closed her eyes and took a deep breath in irritation at him still calling her human. She remained calm, however, for even though she failed in changing Ichiro's mind-set, she got the test she wanted from their mystery captor. Was only a matter of time now to see the results of her test. Looking around, she thought of what little knowledge she knew of vaults. "Well, I know of one vault that has two openings to the outside world. At least thats what the blueprints in the Vault-Tech building suggested. So I suppose it would be possible for this one to have two. Would be even more possible to assume that the entrance we entered was a bait entrance for us or anyone else curious enough to enter. Its safe to say this person likes to have control."

"Possibly. He uses me to keep the vault door open forever, so its very possible its a bait trap...yet whats awkward is that you are the only captors he's had. What was the point of keeping me trapped?" He said before shrugging. "Anyway human...your friend and pet should have been back by now. Something is wrong, something is off...we must hurry, they may be in trouble...he may have been waiting for us to split up." He said as he unholstered his chain gun and began to walk down the hallway. "Cover the front human and I shall take point."

({Doesn't take point mean take lead?})

She nodded slightly as the mutant spoke. "Well either he was trying to set a death maze for people but picked a poor location, or he's been planning on me coming here for some time now." Danza shook her head slightly as a small smile spread across her lips. She knew her reputation wasn't a shining example of greatness in the world but she had no idea she pissed off someone to have this much of a vendetta for her. Looking down the tunnel that Nathan and Autumn went, she felt her chest get tight with worry. Bringing shotgun forward, she kept it raised and trained on the darkness of the tunnel in front of her and began to move forward with Ichiro.

(Yeah.)

Ichiro continued to walk with her as he watched the rear with extreme perception. He didn't know what this place had in store...he always stayed outside the door, locked up...never once being able to go inside the vault except for when he was freed. "Human, do you see your friend and pet yet? I grow uneasy as we keep walking...something does not feel right."

(Sorry for a shorter post.)

Danza narrowed her eyes slightly so she could better see into the darkness. She could see shapes, and outlines in the shadows but nothing that resembled the bodies she was looking for. "Not yet." Every so often she glanced around her surroundings to see if she could notice anything odd and out of place. Vents that could leak gas, indents in the floors indicating spring-up doors, trip wires to detonate a trap, anything at all. As they continued to walk, her own body began to grow uneasy due to the simple fact that everything seemed normal. After their recent ordeals, the calmness was more unsettling then anything else.

Eventually they would come to just a wall. Ichiro looked at it and frowned. "How the hell...?" He began to examine it, unaware of the dangers that would soon follow. As he examined the wall, looking for a switch or a button of any kind to open it, sentry bots...about 5 of them, began to swarm their way rapidly down the halls. Upon hearing the wheels, he turned around and it was too late. The sentry bots were aiming their guns at Danza, and Ichiro acted fast. He pushed Danza to the side, rather too roughly given his strength, and recieved the volley of chain guns that was sent out. When all was done, his body was bleeding badly but his eyes were burning with fire as he raised his chaingun and began to spout out a volley of bullets at an unbelievable rate. Within moments, the sentries were nothing but scrap metal and Ichiro fell to the ground in his own blood.

Danza whirled around at the sound of the metallic voices from the sentry bots. Before her mind could even begin to think of a solid plan, she felt her body be shoved and she crashed into the wall; hitting her head against the metal wall. Letting out a soft grunt she slumped to the ground and her eyes forced shut. Her mind processed the sound of bullets hitting flesh and then with a cry of anger more bullets sounded but this time hit metal. Then her mind sank into unconsciousness before ichiro's body hit the ground.

Several hours later...

"Wake up...Wake up Danza...!" Nathan cried as he held her in his arms as he found her slumped over against the wall. "Dammit Danza don't die on me! Wake up! Wake up dammit wake up!" Nathan shook his lightly in his arms as he grew more and more alarmed. Autumn was beside Ichiro, trying to wake up the super mutant but the creature died before it had even hit the ground. "Danza! Wake up!"

Danza's head lolled back and forth as Nathan shook her. A small stream of dried blood was on the side of her head from the wound. The wound itself nothing too serious, jus a tear in her scalp from the force of her head hitting the wall. Slowly, very slowly, her mind began to return to reality. Nathan's voice was distant and his shakes were nothing more but faded touches at first. BUt as she gained more conscious, she heard and felt more. Finally she was awake enough to mutter out the word "Nathan. . . ?"

"Oh thank god you're alright Danza..." Nathan said as he pulled her into a hug. "I thought I lost you...This place is a wreck...Ichiro's dead....I was worried I lost you but you still had a small pulse..." He held her close and tighter. "What happened...do you remember? Anything at all?" Autumn looked up at the sight of Danza reawakening and he moved over, purring and whimpering at the same time as he rubbed his head against her back.

She grunted slightly as he hugged her so tightly but her lips turned into a very soft smile as she found the energy to raise a hand and hug him back weakly. She listened to his words and tried to open her eyes at the mention of Ichiro but they weakly fell shut again. As she tried to recall the situation she unwrapped her arm from nathan and reached back to pet Autumn. Her palm touching his snout. "Um. . . we tried to catch up to you guys. We reached a dead end, I heard sentry bots, and. . . " This time she forced her eyes opened at least enough to see and she looked at Ichiro's body. Her voice now riddled with sadness. "And Ichiro saved me. . . "

Nathan frowned as he heard the girl. He pulled her into a hug and whispered to her. "Its not your fault..." He said as he let go of her to move over to Ichiro. He laid his body on his back, having his hands cross across his chest with his chain gun at his side. "We'll give him a...memorial when we get out of here...until then, we need to find the bastard who did this and kill him!" He said angrily.

Back
Top Bottom