Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Travelling Swordswoman ( SHIBBY+_+ and Chiechan )

Leila looked at him and said "You mean...they could find...his body" she said a little speechless. She didn't know people could have such powers in the world.

Marilyn nodded. "The thing is...I don't know..where...or what shape it might be in. I wasn't sure how you'd feel about this. If you are interested, however, I shall arrange with him to do the ritual. I believe my friends would help me retrieve it."

"Yes, please, I would be forever in your debt" she said to her, her eyes pleading, wanting her to do it.

Marilyn nods. She says nothing more of it for the next couple of days, but a week later, Leila would see a party of adventurers arrive. One elf with long silver hair and a bright red cloak is introduced to her as Alklean.

He bows solemnly to her and says. "Madame....might I have...something personal of his...Something that was quite important to him?"

"Umm, just wait one moment" she said and ran upstairs quickly. She soon returned with a long and thin red bag. She opened it and inside was a flute. She handed it over to him and said "Will this be alright?"

Alklean bowed and nodded. He performed a ritual...and then sat still for many minutes. Then he stood up and turned to the team of Adventurers. "Come with me...I know the way." Then Marilyn, Alklean and the others walked off...towards an unknown destination.

Leila eagerly awaited their return, doing her jobs around the house while she waited for them to come back.

Within a day, they returned...looking a little beaten up...but bearing several bags. On the outskirts, the party bid farewell to Marilyn who bowed to them in thanks, and headed into the house. She softly placed the bag near the family alter...and waited for Leila to come out...Not wanting to say more.

Leila came outside and saw her and she walked over to her. She saw the bag and looked down for a moment before she looked back to her and took her hands into hers and said "Thankyou for doing this."

Marilyn said very little, only looking down. "I am ...sorry...I couldn't come back..with a walking man." She whispered. "How shall we give the final respects , Leila?"

Leila looked at her and said "It's not you fualt..." she said. She looked down and said "We'll burn the remains and place the ashed in an urn. We will pray at the altar and place the remains there..." she said

Marilyn nodded, and slowly helped with the task at hand. When finally all was prepared, she gently put the ashes into an urn..and then handed it to her friend. Finally when it was at the Altar. She kneeled down with the poor family, and made her own tearful prayer for his blessed rest.

Leila closed her eyes and placed her hands together and prayed silently. Next to her, Rico and Rucha, sat praying with her.

After giving her own prayers... Marilyn got up slowly and left the building, letting them have their own time with their father. She gently sat on a fence and watched the sunset...feeling bad for her initial actions towards the woman, which now seemed so wrong to Marilyn.

"How could I have been so thoughtless?" She whispered softly.

After sometimes, Leila and her two children stood up and bowed their heads before walking back inside the house. Leila looked at Marilyn said "Thanyou"

Leila closed her eyes and took comfort in her. She began to tear up a little. "I told him not to go" she said quietly.

"I know...but he went...because of his love for you...and your children." She said..softly stroking her hair. "He went because you meant so much to him."

Leila held on to her and said "I wish he could be here to see them grow up..." she said quietly. "He loved them so much"

Marilyn held her close...and sighed. "I know....and he certainly did. They are incredible children." Then she whispered into her ear. "They are inside, you can let it out....You should."

Leila heard her whisper and she tried to resist it but she gave up and began to sob into her arms, sinking to the ground a little, and dragging her down with her. She shook her head. "It's not fair for the children to have lost there father so young" she said sobbing.

Marilyn simply held the woman in her arms and craddled and rocked her back and forth. She let her cry it all out... and felt her heart reach out to both the poor woman and her children. "You're right..you're so right.:"

Leila closed her eyes and continued crying. They had only been young, a married couple with their first kids. They had been happy, they just hadn't counted on the war to blow up in their faces.

Back
Top Bottom