Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mafia Princess ( BlisteredBlood & Charmed )

Despite the choking fear that threatened to overwhelm her, Victoria crawled on the ground in a fast pace next to Samuel. Then, in one swift move, she turned and fired, her aim perfect and true as the third gunman fell to his knees, as his fingers reflexively pulled the trigger and sent a spray of machine gun fire aimlessly into the air above him.

Without time to celebrate her victory she followed Samuel's lead towards the garage that was so close yet still so far away, while hell continued to break loose all around them.

They were nearly there, only yards away when pain exploded like white hot lightening in her left calf. She screamed in agony as black dots danced before her blurring vision as unconsciousness fought to claim her.

When Samuel watched Victoria return fire, he would then join her in cracking off a few shots of his own, striking the first gunman in the knees and dropping him to the floor. Once he was down, Samuel then turned around and ran after Victoria while Dante fired the last shot, finishing the first gunman by striking him in the face. Soon after the trio ran for the parking lot at all due speed, considering the fact that the pain was starting to get at Samuel before he stopped and dropped to a knee, grabbing at his shoulder painfully.

"Samuel?! Are you alright?!" He asked in a concerned voice.

"Never mind me! Get to the fucking car!" Samuel shouted at Dante before pointing to the waiting Chevrolet Silverado.

Not long after he spoke, the following explosion shook the house to its foundation, sending various chunks of debris everywhere, causing the both of them to drop to the ground in cover. Some of the debris ended up mostly on Samuel, but it wasn't nearly as bad as he figured. Dante, on the other hand, was deafened temporarily and shell shocked by the harsh explosion, but he got up slowly, wondering where it came from.

When Samuel's vision cleared, he saw Victoria laid out on the ground with a possible bullet wound in her leg. "VICTORIA!!!" He screamed out woefully before turning around wildly and forced himself to stay upright and in a blind rage, fired every last round he had in the clip of the M16.

"YOU MOTHERFUCKING WHORES!!! FUCK YOU AND THE MOTHERS THAT BIRTHED YOU FUCKING COCKSUCKING ASSHOLES!!! FUCK YOU ALL!!!" He screamed out deliriously before hearing the infamous clink sound again. Looking down, he saw that the next bullet he was about to fire had jammed, causing his eyes to go wide. No...! NO...! His thoughts echoed to him as a slight stream of his own saliva ran down the corner of his mouth.

"Ffffffff...!!!" He fought to get the words out, but he just couldn't. His own fury had gotten the best of him, and now this was the result. As he continued to look down at the jammed rifle, his left eye was twitching, threatening to slam shut as his anger was at a fever pitch, merely seconds away from literally to explode like a volcano.

When Dante saw this look, he knew he had to be careful. Very cautiously he moved over to Victoria's downed form and scooped her up into his arms before turning to the waiting truck and ran at all due speed then put her inside. "It's OK, Victoria. We're gonna get you out of here." He said in a calm voice before turning back around and moving towards a hate-driven Samuel and spoke to him cautiously.

"Boss..." Dante said calmly. "She's in the truck. We need to get out of here now."

Samuel still couldn't speak, he was so infuriated. Not at Dante, but at himself that he wasn't there to protect her. My lovely little princess... He thought to himself as he glared down at the rifle while biting at his lip roughly, freeing a small stream of his own blood down his chin as well. So much anger and stress was running through him now, that tunnel-vision was beginning to form around his eyes. Eventually, Samuel slowly succumbed to this, his vision slowly becoming black and his body going limp, collapsing to the ground.

"Shit..." Dante muttered when he saw his employer drop to the ground. Now he had to get Samuel in the truck too.

Not long after, Vincent would now arrive in the garage, carrying the needed tools towards any car he could use to make their getaway when he heard an audible thump on the ground somewhere nearby. Looking to his left, he spotted Dante carrying a limp Samuel towards the cab of the pickup then hurried over to them. "The fuck happened here?!" He demanded outright.

"Samuel passed out. I think he went apeshit a little too much." Dante explained as he carefully helped Samuel's form into the back passenger seat alongside Victoria.

"And Victoria?"
"I think she got shot in the leg. Luckily there's an infirmary at the other place where we're going to. Come on. I'm gonna need your help with this." Dante explained as he went around the other side of the Silverado and hopped into the driver's seat.

"Hang on. I brought some fireworks for this little celebration." Vincent answered as he went over to the bed of the truck and laid out the things he was going to need. Of the things he laid out onto the bed of the truck was the bazooka he pulled out of the duffel bag and placed it down while pulling the AK-47 out in front of him and looked towards the back.

"Alright. You stay there and I'll get us out of here. Hope you're ready for a rough ride!" Dante said as he then started the Silverado up.

"Brother, I've been born ready. Now let's book it." Vincent answered as he then knelt down in the bed of the truck.

Victoria was in and out of consciousness as the pain in her leg grew worse. At some point she became aware that her beloved was next to her and that they were in a vehicle moving very fast. There was yelling and so much commotion around her though that she had a hard time comprehending what, exactly was going on.

It was as natural to her as breathing then, to turn to Samuel for answers...for comfort, especially while she was in such pain and so utterly terrified. Yet, much to her dismay, although he was there, physically.. next to her, he wasn't there at all.

She panicked when she laid her hand on his leg and then his chest without any response from him whatsoever. The pain in her leg increased tenfold it seemed as her body tensed with renewed fear. " S....Sam.." she managed to mutter barely coherently. " Sam......!" she moaned again, this time just a bit louder as her hand grasped at him frantically.....

The whole time they were on the move, Vincent and Dante were trading commands to the other, both of them informing the other when something was approaching or informing when they were about to hang a sharp turn. It had to be that way since Dante did take a few sharp corners in the Silverado without Vincent's knowing, causing him and the weapons he had in the bed of the truck to be slung around quite a bit.

"Will you be careful with this fucking thing?! I got a fucking bazooka over here with LIVE rounds, you asshole!" Vincent shouted as he held onto the bed of the pickup while keeping a foot out to keep the ammunition from sliding around too much.

"Jesus fucking H. Christ, man! You should've warned me that you were bringing that!" Dante shouted towards Vincent before turning his eyes back to the road, having hit speeds of about 85 mph.

In the passenger seats, Samuel's body jostled every once in a while due to the occasional bumps in the road, but there wasn't much more activity from him other than the involuntary movements. After about several minutes worth on the road, Samuel would slowly come to, his eyes opening up slowly but groaning quietly due to the annoying pain in his shoulder. He then lifted his other hand up onto his shoulder, hissing out painfully as he applied pressure to it.

"Shit..." He muttered quietly before looking about for a moment before focusing his attention to his one and only thing that mattered more to him than anything else in the world.

"Victoria...?" He said in a quiet voice before extending the same hand out to her carefully despite his vision wasn't quite all that great yet. "...Are you alright, love?" He asked.

"Victoria...? ...Are you alright, love?"

Her relief at hearing his voice was nearly palpable. " Sam..Samuel! Where are we? What's happening?" her voice sounded far away, distant- to her own ears. That, along with the shooting pain in her leg as well as the blurry sight of his blood soaked shoulder renewed her panic. " Ohmygod! Samuel...you're injured! " she seemed to have lost all her memory prior to her injury, which she still wasn't sure how had happened.

Her tears flowed freely, leaving trails down her dirt and blood covered face as she blinked repeatedly to try and clear her vision. She grabbed and held onto his hand as if it were the lifeline it really, truly was and vowed to herself to never EVER let it go again.

Samuel smiled at Victoria when he heard her voice, but the smile was shortlived when he saw that she was no worse for the weary as according to the injury she suffered to her leg. "You can worry about me later, Vicki. Meanwhile, we need to get you to..." Samuel stopped for a moment before looking around, seeing they were inside the passenger seat of the Silverado. "Where... Where's Vincent?" He asked blankly after a moment.

"He's in the bed of the truck keeping a lookout for anyone trying to sneak up on us while I'm driving." Dante answered as he kept his eyes on the road.

To confirm this, Vincent looked into the cab of the truck then knocked on the window twice, causing Samuel to glance back at the scarred guardian. "Ah... There he is." He sighed with a hint of relief before settling back into the seat.

"But what about you? You kinda passed out on me back there." Dante spoke again, glancing back at Samuel for a moment.

"Ehh. It's not me you need to worry about. You need to focus on getting us to the other mansion. And for God's sake, let's try to keep out of the way of those police roadblocks. God forbid they'll suspect anything." Samuel answered.

She wasn't sure how much time had past as she slipped in and out of consciousness the remainder of the time. During her brief alert periods she was soothed and comforted by the sound of Samuel's voice beside her, although she couldn't quite make out what it was he was saying.

Images of her beloved father Robert, plagued her dreams. In them, he was alive and well, as robust and healthy looking as he was in life and she clung to his embrace like a lifeline. "Daddy, I've missed you so much...I'm so scared yet I'm trying to be brave..like you taught me.,....but they're trying to kill us, to kill Samuel!" she watched a look of sadness pass over his face before he replied, "This is not the life I intended for you to have my darling, you must get away from the danger....from Samuel.." Her face filled with horror at his words, "NO! Never Daddy! I will learn to protect myself AND Samuel....I'll never leave him!"

Suddenly awakened by someone shaking her, she opened her eyes and looked around in confusion..."Daddy?"

For the most part, the drive over to the other estate proved to be somewhat uneventful, for Dante had spent the better part of driving the Silverado while staying off the highway. Chances are, the cops were clued in onto the whereabouts of the massive gang war by someone that had enough brains to pick up a phone and dial those three infamous numbers that spelled the end for any would-be crook. But Samuel was smart. He knew how to get out of trouble as soon as he got into it while keeping at least three or four back up plans on hand and ready to go at a moment's notice.

"What do you think the place will look like once we get it back?" Dante asked as he drove to break up the silence.

"It's probably a total loss." Samuel answered with a shrug of his good shoulder. "No matter. Throw a couple million at it and get it repaired, reupholstered, recarpeted, redecorated, restaffed and goddammit, a better security system." He added begrudgingly. "Besides, I'm getting tired of these affairs of one of my own men biting the hand that fed them then stabbing me in the back later down the line." He concluded.

"Who in their right mind would do such a thing, anyway?" Dante asked, looking into the rearview mirror for a moment. "You said it was an inside job, right? That means someone had to know the ins and outs of the place."

"All too easily, of course." Samuel answered. "We're going to have to have a talk with my inner circle about this as soon as we get patched up, fed and clothed." He added with a frown before looking over to Victoria as she slept.

"Amongst other things, too..." He sighed contently.

"Things like what?" Dante asked.

"Things like making sure that this brazen act of betrayal gets squashed before it's even allowed to happen again." Samuel answered as he glanced over to Dante. "And trust me, whoever it was that did this is definitely going to be on the receiving end of a punishment like they have never seen in their lifetime." He added, shaking his head. "I worked too damn hard for all of this and I will be triple goddammned if this happens again."

"No kidding. I haven't seen anything like this in my life. I mean sure, I popped plenty of heads from a distance, but having to do it up close and personal is just... Whoo. It's a little bit different." He admitted.

"Never been in a close quarters gun battle, huh?" Samuel asked.

"You might say that. Most times, you got me working sniper detail." Dante answered, shaking his head with a smile.

"Let me remind you of one thing, Dante. Just because you're in a gunfight doesn't mean that distance is going to make things any safer. No matter the distance, you need to act accordingly to the situation around you. I thought I taught you this." Samuel said, sounding a little disappointed.

"Yeah, I guess that was my fault, boss." Dante answered, frowning a bit at himself.

"Ugh. Let's just forget about it. Besides, I'm already starting to lose my voice here." Samuel answered with a sigh before waving a hand at him. "In any case, how long until we get to the other place?" He then asked.

"We should be there in about half an hour if we continue taking the sidestreets like you said. Other than that, I think we're making great time here." Dante answered.

"Good. I want to be off the streets as soon as possible. This has been a shitty enough night without having some yo-yo fucking it up even worse." Samuel answered as he relaxed into the seat before looking back once more at the sleeping form of his priceless, beautiful little girl. She looked so peaceful when she was asleep, that he thought it wouldn't be advisable to wake her up. Not just yet, anyway.

30 minutes later...

Upon arrival at the new mansion which was fortified a little more clearly - giving it the equivalency of a fort in some instances - Dante drove up to the front gate of the residence before explaining himself to the waiting guard outside. Once he was permitted entry onto the grounds, Dante drove the truck inside one of the various parking garages then shut the truck off, allowing Vincent to jump out of the bed. Dante filed out next once he slid out of the driver's seat of the vehicle before moving to the back passenger seats where a sleeping Victoria and a barely awake Samuel were located.

Very carefully, Dante shook Victoria awake, causing her to say those words to Samuel who looked down at her with a loving smile. "Not quite, love." He said with a light laugh. "But you're awful close." He added as he then gestured to Dante to have her taken out of the cab of the truck first.

"You gonna be OK by yourself in getting outta there?" Dante asked when he took Victoria into his arms.

"Yeah... I'll be alright." Samuel answered as he then slowly slid out of the passenger seat, wincing a bit in the process. "Come on. Let's get inside and get patched up." He said as he then slowly took the lead.

When Victoria surfaced in a more alert state, it was to find herself in the arms of someone other than Samuel. And had she been in a normal frame of mind, and not half out of it in pain-she likely would have recognized Dante. Yet she wasn't and she didn't.

" Samuel!!" she cried out suddenly as she struggled in his arms. She fought like a wild cat to free herself despite the pain shooting up her leg. At this point, she was nearly delirious with blood loss and all she could think was that she'd been captured by the enemy....

At first, when Samuel heard Victoria cry out like that, he was almost convinced there was another attack heading their way, but when he turned to see her squirming around in Dante's arms - not to mention tagging him with a open-handed backhand slap to the face by her when she began to squirm about wildly, much to Dante's chagrin - A slight sense of relief washed over Samuel before sighing to himself and shaking his head with a smile. One of these days, Victoria... You're gonna make an old man out of me yet. He thought before looking at her and speaking up.

"Victoria, it's alright. Dante's taking my place for now. As you can no doubt already tell, I'm not exactly in the best shape to carry you. Not yet, anyway. So just settle down for him, OK? He's not gonna harm you." Samuel explained despite he got a bit of a cross look from Dante.

Once the four of them were inside the new mansion, numerous physicians came right out of the woodwork once they were alerted to the condition of their employer only to get shoved off from Samuel when they got close. "Don't worry about me, you idiots!" Samuel barked at them. "It's her you need to deal with her first!" He added, pointing to Victoria. Not long after pointing this out to them, the medical team soon swarmed around Dante carrying an injured Victoria, soon instructing him to take her over to the infirmary.

Nodding in response to their demands, Dante complied with the doctors' wishes, but not before explaining to them that Samuel also needed treatment for his injuries as well. At that point, Samuel soon caved in, deciding it was probably all for the best to get fixed up as well.

Sometime later, could have been hours could have been days, Victoria wasn't sure, she woke up from what felt like a horrible nightmare in an unfamiliar room surrounded by unfamiliar faces. Her heavy lidded eyes could only open slightly due to the harsh lighting that filled the room she was in. So, she kept them closed for the most part and listened to the cacophony of voices as they eagerly discussed something that seemed quite important.

" We found it strictly by chance sir, had we not been working on her injured leg we likely never would have caught it." the unknown speakers voice was deep with a slight southern drawl. Then she heard a voice she did recognize- Dante. He sounded both angry and worried and quickly left the room to go report to Samuel.

" Samuel!" his name was like a prayer on her lips. She sat straight up ignoring the IV that was attached in her arm as she frantically looked around at all the unfamiliar faces wearing white lab coats around her. " Where is Samuel?" she cried out, desperate to see him.

Once Samuel was out of the room, Dante stood off to the corner of the room that a squad of doctors were now crowding themselves around the dormant Victoria as she laid there. It was at Samuel's orders that someone needed to remain behind to monitor Victoria if something were to change. Vincent, on the other hand, was not there but he was with another medical team who was treating his injuries from the savage gun battle not more than two hours removed.

"Samuel's getting worked on as we speak, Victoria." Dante answered her demand in a calm voice. "Chances are, he's gonna be held there for a while." He added as he now came out into view with his arms folded. "I don't know how long, but hopefully soon enough. Besides, you need him like the rest of us need him."

She didn't necessarily like his tone but at the moment, there wasn't much she could do about it. Her anxiety continued to grow as she remembered more and more of the hushed conversation she'd overheard by the doctors and wanted to know what, exactly they'd found while treating her.
" We found it strictly by chance sir, had we not been working on her injured leg we likely never would have caught it."

She also didn't like being seperated from Samuel, especially without knowing more of his condition. She just barely refrained from calling out to Dante, to ask or even demand that he take her to him but knew it would be no use. So, she decided to take matters into her own hands.....

Very carefully, Victoria crept out of the hospital bed, making sure the gown she now wore was closed fully in the back so she wasn't baring her bare backside and dragged the IV stand along with her to the door. As quietly as she could, she opened the door and peeked out.......

The sight she would soon come upon was Samuel laying in the hospital bed a few rooms down from where she was residing at the moment. Off to his side was Vincent, looking down at his boss as he slept with a look of thought on his face. He had just come out of surgery some time ago and the prognosis almost wasn't good from the looks of things. Judging from what Vincent was told, Samuel was indeed hit in the shoulder, but he lost quite a fair amount of blood due to the injury.

Dante had followed Victoria to the room and stood off to the side of her before knocking on the door quietly, disrupting Vincent from his train of thought and looking over to the two that were at the door then beckoned them inside. Dante stepped in first, bringing Victoria in with them.

"How's he doing?" Dante spoke.

"He'll be alright. He just needs to relax for a few days. Two, at best. Besides, the docs told me that Sam here lost about pint and a half of blood from that incident." Vincent answered as he looked back down at the sleeping Samuel.

Areas of Samuel's body had signs that they were worked on: Stitching on both the front and back parts of his battered shoulder along with bandaging encompassing his entire shoulder. For the most part, his breathing was pretty normal and his vitals appeared to be just fine, but there was something in Vincent's mind that he just didn't like. Dante was also aware of this as he looked up a the heavier set male in the room and aimed a set of pensive eyes at him.

"Something on your mind, Big V?" Dante asked.

"Nah. Just wondering how this all happened. Besides, the last thing I heard before everything went down like it did was that it was all an inside job. Knowing him, I'd also like to know who's the fucking traitor around here so I can rip his balls off then stuff 'em down his throat." Vincent explained.

Despite the uneasy looks by both men, Victoria climbed up onto Samuels bed beside him and very gingerly curled herself protectively around him. It wasn't an easy thing to do considering the fact that they both had IV's inserted into their arms but she managed without ripping either of them out.

Samuel looked so quiet and still and she had to physically lay her hand over his chest, feeling the lifegiving beating of his heart, to reassure herself that he was indeed alive and out of immediate danger. She placed a series of small kisses along his stubbled cheek, whispering to him that she was there and that all was well.

" Tell me about what the doctors were discussing while they thought I was asleep earlier" she spoke adamantly to both Dante and Vincent, her look letting them know that she'd brook no argument or excuses from either of them.

Dante and Vincent looked at each other for a moment when they both heard Victoria's sheepish demand, but Vincent was the one who looked away with a look on his face that seemed as though he was given the worse news that anyone could ever hear from a doctor. When Dante saw this, his eyes narrowed slightly for a moment.

"Something on your mind there, Big V?" He asked cautiously.

"Something like that." Vincent replied. "And to be honest, I don't think Samuel's gonna like the news about this when he wakes up, either. Apparently, what those doctors found in your leg Victoria," He began as he looked over to her. "Was a transmitter of some sort or another. As soon as they found it and brought it over here, my only reaction to them was get a trace going on that damn thing and to make it quick. Maybe it might provide us with more information this time around." He added, his face becoming grim.

"So that means we'll need to circle the wagons and seal off all known entries and exits. No one gets in or out of the place unless if they have a reason to be there." Dante answered, his face also showing the same look as Vincent's.

"Already got it underway. Security squadrons are lining up in every place that I can remotely think of. Only way any of those rat bastards can get in now is if they launched an aerial assault on this place. And even then, they'd still have to be on the lookout for the ground attack courtesy of snipers and guys armed with bazookas stationed in hidden towers all around the place." Vincent spoke after a shake of his head. "A head on attack of this place would be borderlining on suicidal, unless if these guys are the kinds of assholes who have nothing to lose and nothing more to gain by giving their lives away."

"So I guess we're looking at a possible war here, eh?" Dante asked.

Vincent only nodded slowly at the question. "More than likely. Someone's staged a coup d'tat on us, that much is certain. But for what still bugs the crap outta me." He spoke.

Victoria's face paled to an unhealthy shade of white at the news that she had been the one responsible for leading Samuel's enemies right to him all along. Granted, without her knowledge but that fact didn't make her feel any less responsible.

Horror filled her mind over what had been done to her in order to get to Samuel and the fear of there possibly being more than the single transmitter still left inside her body somewhere had her stumbling from the bed. " I...I have to use the restroom" she said by way of explanation to both Dante and Vincent who were startled by her sudden move and eyed her questionably.

She walked as carefully as she could possibly manage, tugging the IV pole along behind her, into the suites oversized bathroom and closed the door behind her. She cringed in heartache and longing when just as the door clicked shut, she heard her beloveds husky voice as he'd apparantly just woken up. She resolutely locked the door, and briefly laid her weary head against the wooden door as a tear fell down her cheek. How badly she wanted to go to him, to fling herself into his strong, powerful arms, to revel in his warm and loving embrace.. but she refused to put him in anymore danger than she had already....than she might possibly be doing at that very minute, should there be any other chips inside of her.

With a determined will and all the strength she possessed, Victoria tore the IV from her arm, donned a terrycloth full length robe that hung beside the door and made her escape through the small bathroom window.....

The sudden distraction of her voice caused the two to indeed look at Victoria with clearly odd looks on their faces before Dante looked up at Vincent. The larger of the two only stood there as he watched Victoria slowly vacate the room with a clearly horrified look on her face. When she got a little further out of earshot, Vincent mouthed silently over to Dante to keep an eye on her and once she was done in the bathroom to take her back into the hospital room she was assigned to. Nodding quietly in reply, Dante would soon do as asked then turned towards the bathroom door she went into only to see it shut in his face the moment he got close enough.

At that present moment, Samuel began to stir slowly with a groan in his voice, causing Vincent to glance down at his employer with wide eyes. "Hey! Dante! Tell Victoria to get back out here! Samuel's waking up!" He called to him.

"I'm on it!" Dante answered before quickly knocking on the door. "Hey! Victoria! Get back in here! Samuel's waking up!" He called through the door.

However, when he didn't hear her reply - accompanied by what sounded like someone going out of a window, Dante's mind began to race, eventually breaking the door in and revealing that she wasn't in the bathroom. The window itself was also wide open.

"Oh shit..." Muttered Dante to himself as it became painfully obvious as to what was now happening. No sooner had he gone into the bathroom that Dante immediately dashed out, leaving a bewildered Vincent in his dust.

"Wha...? What... happened...?" Samuel asked slowly as he began to awaken and put a hand over his eyes to shield them from the lights in the room.

"Just relax for a moment, boss. You're just coming out of it." Vincent began calmly, wondering just what in the hell was going on as well.

--- Outside ---

Of all the nights to have been expecting something, one of the guards that was out on high alert security patrol was another man, this one appearing to be in his late twenties or possibly even early thirties, judging from the ready-to-kill look in his dark brown irises alone. He was seen sporting a mohawk-styled haircut, moderately bearded, stood roughly about 6' 8" tall, and weighed somewhere between 260 and 275 - all of which was in military-trained muscle - give or take with all of that gear he had to lug around, most of which was because of that fully automatic rifle that was cocked, locked, and ready to unload at the slightest sound that came from anywhere. The man had just came around the rear of the building when he heard an audible thump on the ground, causing him to suddenly drop to a low crouch and pointed his rifle in the direction he heard the noise come from. He then reached a hand down to the walkie-talkie he held and spoke into it, his voice containing an extremely thick Russian accent as he spoke. "Comrades, I am's having a possible situation in my locations. Over." The man spoke. Soon after, he was then given instruction by the commanding squad member to go ahead and pursue. If it was armed and dangerous, take it out without questions. If there are no weapons found on the person, they are to be immediately detained without a second thought.

"I understands. I will pursue. Siegfried out." He spoke clicking the radio off and beginning his slow and steady pursuit.

Oomph Victoria landed flat on her ass and not very softly either. She silently cursed herself as she stood and quickly wiped the dirt away, hoping and praying nobody heard her fall. She didn't have the foggiest idea of where she was going, much less how she planned to get there. All she knew, all that drove her- was the determination that she would not put anyone in further danger with her presence. She had to get as far away as possible, and as fast as possible. If only her leg didn't ache so badly! she thought. The heavy pain meds they'd obviously given her had only now begun
to wear off and with the added jolt from her jump, the pain was returning with a vengeance. But she couldn't allow that to stop her, she would do anything, endure anything to keep Samuel safe.

A prickling of awareness made the tiny hairs on the back of her neck stand on end, someone was approaching. Her fear was confirmed when she heard the distinct static-crackling noise from a radio coming from just around
the corner from where she stood. Adrenaline rushed through her veins as she turned and ran along the far side of the building, sticking as close to the shadows as possible. Her heart beat so loud in her ears that she feared she'd be caught by the sound alone....... Shit! What do I do now?

Back
Top Bottom