Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Spoils of War (Nyoko & LifeonMars)

If there was one thing she couldn't stand, was ignorant people, like the noble she had to listen to for the past five minutes. She had heard the whispers about her, or at least she assumed they were since sometimes she caught them looking at her. She didn't mind that, her master would put a stop to anything he heard.

But she couldn't take that noble sitting next to Alexander, he not only insulted her, but her family as well. Though she knew her place and kept her mouth shut, only speaking when Alexander addressed her. She expressed her mind clearly and quite logically she thought, but still the noble rolled his eyes.

As the man continued to talk she found herself glaring at him, clenching her fork, her plate half finished. Her other hand was on her knee, clenched into a fist as well. She was upset it was clear to see, but she hardly noticed her actions, she was just focusing to hard on trying not to speak her mind.

The scowl on her face did not go unnoticed. The nobleman stopped in mid-sentence when he caught her stare, eyes widening in shock before he glared back at her. "And what are you looking at you little tart?"

There was a gasp from the other diners as Benedict coughed into his drink and looked between the two of them, inwardly groaning. He really should have trained Kira more before bringing her to such a function. "What wrong? Why do you call my servant as such?"

The noble looked at Kira once before turning to his king. "This slave glared at me as if she was plotting my death! I don't know" how your servants are treated here but in my home a slave would be beaten for such an offense"

Kira felt herself snap out of her fury in an instant, she hadn't been aware her anger was showing so much. She silently cursed, realizing she had just caused her master a problem, and things had been going so well. She had been so worried about not saying anything that she forgot to relax. Her master knew that when she got pissed, it was hard for her to control.

Kira's eyes moved to Alexander, he was safe. She didn't dare look at her master just yet. She suppressed all the anger and set down her fork, "I'm... sorry." She breathed, but knew it would make no difference to this man. She looked at her master, hoping to fine some mercy, sympathy or anything to know he wouldn't freak out on her again.

Benedict swore inside his head, knowing he had a delicate situation before him. Of course he thought the noble was being a huge moron, but the man still had a lot of power behind him in the political realm. He hoped the man would just swallow his pride and accept the apology, but from the look on his face he was clear he was going to stir up trouble.

"Hmph, you think that will be enough? I am a high-ranking man in the house of Lessix and will not be talked to by a...by a common harlot!" He looked at the girl smugly and gestured to Benedict. "Well, aren't you going to punish her? She should be on her knees begging my forgiveness by now!"

Kira clenched her fists again, but trying not to glare too much, "I'm not a harlot!" She replied, barely managing to stay in her chair, "I really am sorry, sir, you just... just talk of things you don't know." He knew nothing of being commoner or what her people needed. At least her master tried to improve the life of the town folk.

She was shaking from being so mad, but she tore her gaze away from the noble and looked at her master, she was surprised he had kept quiet. She expected her master to defend her, even if she was in the wrong, she at least acknowledged her mistake. One thing she wouldn't do was beg him for forgiveness.

Benedict had hoped the man would be quite. He had hoped wrong. Are you telling me how I should keep my slaves?" he said in a stern voice to the upstart nobel. "My servants are trained to keep to themselves and not make rash comments. Now, the evening was going quite well until this little argument got out of hand. I think it would be in everyone's best interest to forget it."

The silence that surronded the table meant that no one was going to question the king, but the noble still glared at Kira. His eyes seemed to say this wasn't over yet, though he didn't have the brass to say any more about it.

Kira looked at her master as he spoke, she tried not to smile or smirk or anything. She really hadn't won the argument, no doubt she was in for it later. She thought it best to ignore the noble and stared at her plate as silence engulfed the room. She poked at her food, slowly taking more bites, even though the silence was awkward she was still glad her master had ended the argument.

She glanced up at Alexander, to see his reaction to all of this. She hoped he had at least been on her side of the argument.

The insulted noble was clearly still upset, even moreso after the king chastised him. But of course the man didn't have the spine to speak out against the king, instead muttering to himself and shooting Kira a nasty look. "She'll get hers," he vowed/

Alexander sipped his wine, a slight smirk in his face at the exchange. It was all very amusing to him, how some men couldn't control their temper over the littlest things. One had to hide his true feelings if he wanted to get ahead in life, especially true when it came to charming young women....

"Our king speaks words of wisdom," Alexander said. "I propose a toast to make amends! Here's to the wise judgment of our rulers, the prosperity of our noble classes..." his eyes met Kira's as he raised his glass, a sly smile on his lips. "And to the beauty of our women."

Kira felt herself relax under Alexander's gaze and no doubt everyone else noticed her demeanor change as she gazed into his eyes. She raised her glass and formed a smile, never looking away from Alexander. She felt a slight blush form on her face as he finished his sentence, she knew that comment was directed at her. And she nodded, agreeing with everything he had said, even the things about her master, even if they weren't the most prevalent things on her mind at the moment.

The only thing bad about this night was the noble, she had a feeling this wasn't over. She could see it in his face, he was a man about pride and being insulted by a slave wasn't acceptable. She wished she was better controlling herself. She would just talk to her master about it later.

Benedict raised his glass with the rest of the table, but only in a gesture of politeness. He was similar to Alexander in that they were both men who enjoyed going after woman, but unlike the ambassador he was starting to...maybe not change his ways but at least not acting as bad as he once was.

"And here's to peace between our two kingdoms," Benedict added, prompting a few "Here here's!" from other members of the dinner."

Time passed, as it always did, into the night. Soon the plates were cleared by the butlers and light conversation filled the room. Of course, as the royals are ought to do talk soon turned to talks of politics and Benedict found himself in a position where the presence of Kira and the others guests would not be suitable."

Benedict stood and gestured to his guests. "Ladies and gentlemen, dessert shall be served in the next room. A table has been laid out for all of you so please, enjoy."

Turning to Kira he whispered, "If you could wait for me in their and make sure the people enjoy themselves I would be most grateful."

Kira was happy the dinner ended and she was away from that table. She was a bit confused on what happened next but dessert sounded nice and she headed into the other room, but was stopped by her master. She nodded, "Of course, master." She replied in a soft voice, giving him a confident smile. She could handle this fine, as long as she avoided that noble.

She bowed her head slightly as she headed into the next room. As she stepped into the room to her dismay she noticed the troublesome noble walk in behind her. She gave a sigh and walked further into the room, sitting on a rather comfy chair and over looking the party of nobles within. As long as she stayed quiet and watched who she looked at she should be fine.

"Hmph, are you comfortable?" The noble asked her with a sneer as the others busied themselves enjoying the variety of sweets on the table. "Were you a servant in my house I would have had you flogged for such laziness. Where are your manners? Serve me!"

The order was quick and precise as he gestured to the table of sweets. "Fetch me some cake girl, lest I find it in me to tell your king how you insulted me yet again. I will be waiting for you around the corner there." He pointed her towards a second of the room away from the rest, somewhat secluded. "Make haste, I don't like being kept waiting."

Kira looked up to meet the grotesque face of the noble, she couldn't get over how fat these men got. She sat still for a moment, wondering if she truly had to listen to him. To solve any issues that may arise she simple stood up, "I'm sorry, sir..." She had began to say, but was drowned out by more orders. She had to stop herself from rolling her eyes, and she gave a slight nod, ignoring his comment about flogging, she'd had her share of whippings.

"I'll get it on it, sir." She said with gritted teeth. This seemed like a terrible idea, going into another room with him, but she didn't want to cause her master trouble. She walked to the table and grabbed a slice of cake. She doubted her master would believe her insulting him anyways, she wouldn't dare speak ill against him. She hurried off to the other room and turned the corner, hoping she could just give the cake and leave. She might lose her tongue if he complained more.

As soon as she was close enough the noble looked up at her, still with that arrogant smile on his face. "That wasn't so hard was it? You may find it easy, being the whore to the king, but someday you're going to lose those good looks of yours and you'll have to figure out a new way to make your living or be cast out into the streets."

He looked up her body for a moment, eyeing her lustfully, "though some men are into that sort of thing I hear..."

Kira didn't like that smile on his face and frowned slightly, what hurt most was that he told her a fear that she knew was very real. Not losing her good looks, but her uncertain future when her master was done with her. She was speechless, unable to scream or yell at him, just keep her frustration bottled up inside.

She just stood there, trying to keep her mouth shut, but she had to say something, "I do serve the king, but sir, I am not his whore." She retorted calmly, "Is there anything else I may get you?" She said, trying to change the subject, if he reached for her, she would make him regret it.

"Ipudent girl."

The fat, greasy man grabbed her wrist, a surprising amount of strength in those chubby fingers. Glaring at her he pulled her closer letting the cake fall to the floor and mush into the carpet. "You think you're anything special? The king has had hundreds of girls like you, why should you be special? You'll just end up a high-class whore..." he grabbed her shoulder with his free hand licking his lips, " like you were meant to."

In their secluded corner no one could see what he was doing, so the likelihood of being rescued was very slim indeed!

Kira gasped as his hands grasped her, instantly a flash back of her town incident ran through her head. She froze, glaring at him for a moment while she very quickly weighted her options, she had to protect herself. "I wear his mark...." She growled, trying to show him her importance as he grabbed her shoulder she had no choice but to force herself away from him, "Get off of me! You can't do this, last time a man touched me my master killed him." She growled, threatening him.

She knew her master wasn't far away, and she wasn't afraid, more furious than anything. She hoped he would notice her absence soon though.

"Shut your trap, whores should be seen and not..."

"Is there a problem here?"

The fat noble turned to see Alexander standing by the corner with a plate of cake, watching the scene with a stern gaze. "If the food isn't to your liking I'm sure the King could take care of it for you."

The noble scoffed but still released Kira and turned away like a spurned child, knowing he was getting in far above his head. Alexander came up to Kira with a warm smile, trying to comfort her. "Are you alright my dear? If that brute laid a finger on you..."

Kira's heart jumped out of her chest when she heard the familiar voice, it seemed to make her relax instantly. She knew he was her hero, if slaves ever got heros. She kept her eyes on Alexander and once she was released she stepped away from the noble, glaring at him as he walked away. She hoped her master would know what he had done.

She finally realized she was alone with Alexander again, her heart fluttered, "He would have if you didn't come, thank you." She suddenly wrapped her arms around his waist and embraced him in a hug, looking up at him, almost how she looked at her master when he had rescued her from that storm. She adored both men, but Alexander increasingly more. "Thank you."

Alexander returned the hug, being sure not to crush the cake into her back and smiling a devilish grin that went unnoticed by her. "Think nothing of it my dear. I could never stand by while a man forced himself on a lady." Pulling away he let his fingers trail gently over the skin of her back, over the symbol that was tattooed into her skin.

With a gentle smile he held up his cake, taking some on his fork and offering it to her. "Would you like a bite?" he asked, fork held up to her mouth.

Kira held onto him for a while, enjoying the smell of his clothes and his arms wrapped around her. Oh if her master saw this she would be in trouble, but she didn't care right now. As he pulled away she looked up at him with a smile, getting goosebumps as his fingers trailed over her skin, right where she knew her tattoo was. As if he was defying her master's ownership of her, she could only hope he'd dare do such a thing.

His touch felt so nice, almost as good as her master's when he showed his rare affectionate side. She grinned and nodded moving her lips closer to the bite and opening her mouth for him slightly to let her have a bite.

Alexander pushed the fork into her mouth, letting her taste the delicious pastry before pulling out slowly. "The chef is truly an artist, I envy you for getting to eat such fine food all the time. Oh!" He reached for her chin and wiped off a bit of frosting, licking it off his finger. "Got to be careful of messes, don't we?"

A tall figure came up from behind Alexander at the very moment, looking as though he was trying to control his anger. "What is going on over here?" It was Benedict, having heard from one of the servants of the noble luring Kira away."

Kira smiled from her tasty bite, chewing it up with a grin, she even gave a blush as he wiped off some frosting. He was so intriguing, she could barely take her eyes off of him. "Yes, we do..." She chuckled, enjoying the moment, he was her hero, saving her from the noble and now feeding her, almost like...like a lover would. Her heart beamed with affection for him and her smile was so big. She didn't take her eyes off of him but in a split second the moment vanished and she saw her master.

"Oh, master...." She said in a surprised tone, "Sir Treversonm, saved me from another unpleasant encounter with the noble from dinner." Her whole demeanor changed and she took a step towards him, hoping he hadn't seen her lovely smile, he knew the smile she got when she was utterly happy. He saw that smile sometimes.

He had, in fact, seen her smile. Jealousy now filled his being as he glared at her before turning to look at Alexander. "Well then, I thank you for being discreet about it and not raising anyone's fuss."

Alexander owed his head in respect. "Your welcome your majesty, though wouldn't you agree that the lady is worth raising a fight over? I know that if I had such a lady in my life I would thrash anyone who tried to force her against her will."

Alexander's fist tightened, feeling as though the man was trying to show him up in front of Kira. "Well, that is your thoughts. Please, enjoy the rest of the dessert."

Alexander bowed once more before turning the leave, giving Kira a nod and a smile before turning the corner.

"Well then," Benedict told her, "what exactly happened here."

Kira stood there a bit nervous as the men talked, she had seen the glare he had given her, which meant she had been caught. She didn't know what she had done wrong, besides holding affection for Alexander, but her master couldn't possibly know that...

She tried to hide her satisfied smile when Alexander talked about defending her, she really liked him more and more. When he left her eyes followed him, until her master's strong voice pierced her thoughts and her eyes jumped to his, then to the floor. "I was going into to attend to you guests as you told me and I sat down, well the noble from dinner came up to me and ordered that i meet him here with cake. So I did as I was told, master. I brought him cake. He grabbed my wrist and was about to do much more if Alexander hadn't saved me from him. As for the cake.... he just gave me one bite." She took a deep breath after her explanation, she never hid things from him anymore. Well except her growing feelings for the wonderful noble.

Back
Top Bottom