Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Spoils of War (Nyoko & LifeonMars)

The seamstress smiled at Kira's politeness and moved closer, taking her hand in her own. "Such a polite young lady. A little unrefined but with a little polishing..." She looked back up at Benedict, "Was there anything you had in mind for her, my liege?"

The King waved his hand dismissively, "something she can wear to the ball. As long as it fits her well and looks good I will have no objection." He looked towards Kira, smirking a bit. "As long as it shows off her back."

"Well then," the lady said as she pulled Kira away from him, "what kind of colors do you like my dear?

Kira knew he'd want her mark shown off. She didn't mind, she was a bit proud of it now, especially what she went through to get it. "I like blue and brown..." She replied with a smile and glanced over at her master. "Master, do I need to match you?" She prayed that wasn't a silly question, she was a slave, but didn't mean she couldn't match. She wished she understood the customs more.

Before Benedict could get a word in the seamstress butted in excitedly. "Oh that would be just precious!" Her eyes had lit up as Kira's question as she pulled her more into the sunlight and starting feeling up and down her body, getting a feel for er measurements. "The king will be in a darker outfit, so I think a brown dress will work perfectly with you."

Benedict just kind of stood there for a moment as the seamstress started going on and on about frills and fabrics, feeling completely out of his domain.

Kira about jumped when the woman got all excited and she was dragged around to be measured. Her master looked bored, and she hoped it would be appropriate for a slave to match her master. She assumed this seamstress knew the customs so she relaxed as the woman measured her. She hoped this wouldn't last long, she might grow bored of it as well.

"Alright then," the seamstress said with a look to Benedict, "out!"

Benidict looked stun for a moment before he began to protest. "What? I..."

"Out out out!" the woman ordered. "Its improper for a man to be present. She'll have to stripe to only her knickers in here! Can't let you see that!"

Benedict would have remarked on how thats the least of what he'd seen but he saw it would be much easier just to move on. With a nod towards Kira he stepped out the door as the seamstress locked it.

"Now then!" she said as she pulled out some measureing tape, "let's get you measured. Take off those clothes deary."

Kira really didn't want him to leave the room, she always felt out of place when he wasn't around. He was after all the entire reason she was here in the first place. The only other time she felt like she belonged here was when she was in the library with Alexander.

"Um, yes ma'am." She pulled off her shirt, and her tattoo was revealed to the woman. Surely this woman knew who she was, if not the mark on her back would surely clear things yup. Thinking of her tattoo reminded her of when her master had whipped her back, she wondered if she still bore marks from it or not.

"He didn't have to leave, ma'am." She said as she stepped out of her skirt, "It makes do difference to him if I'm clothed or not." She chuckled a bit to herself, wondering if her words would sway her to let him back in. She glanced at the door once more and stood there for her to start measuring.

The woman wave it off. "Oh hush. If you're going to be a proper lady you need to learn to be more modest!" She definitely liked to be in charge, that was for sure. Not many people would have told the king himself to leave for any reason!

One by one she starting measuring Kira's body, taking careful note of each measurement. As this was being done one of the younger girls looked up at Kira and asked "So, what's he like?" The second one picked up on this and looked up in excitement. "It he as cruel as they say?" The third one, not missing a beat asked "are the rumors that you're both in love true?"

Kira stood still as the girls measured her, and found their questions flustering. "Um." Was all she could say for a few moments, she had to be careful what she said, no doubt these woman would take what she said and run with it. She couldn't say anything against her master, or anything to get him in trouble socially. That last question bothered her the most. "He is my master..." She began, "He is strict with me... but I have nothing bad to say against him." She held her arms a bit awkwardly, "I'm important to him, but we are not in love." She hoped that would shut them up, sure she loved him, and he at least cared for her, she hadn't dared use the love word for a while now. She glanced at the door once more, hoping he would just return and save her from this awkwardness.

Her comments left he young ladies all a twitter and gossiping to each other until the head seamstress shut them up. "That's enough chitchat ladies," finish up those measurements!" The girls lowered their heads and kept quite as they worked, taking Kira's final measurements before trodding off to who-knows-where. The seamstress handed back Kira her clothes and smiled at her. "There you go deary," she said with a motherly smile, "Sorry about them, they just love to gossip about things that don't concern them." As she let Kira redress she gave her a curious look, "though I get the feeling you were holding back a bet there. Something on your mind?"

Unknown to either of them, Benedict was much closer than they thought. Outside the door he could just hear everything said in the room, and he was indeed listening intently.

Kira felt so relieved once the gossipy girls were gone. She didn't like to answer such awkward questions, and if she kept silent they still would have made up answers. She pulled her clothes back on and turned to the woman, giving a small shrug, "Holding back?" She was, but could she trust this woman with her most inner thoughts about her master? "I.. I well, he has been a bit more cruel to me then I'd care to admit. You've seen my back." She paused, "I do like him, maybe even love him, but I wouldn't dare tell him that. He always wants me to remember my place as his slave.... and I do know my place. I really do. That is what makes serving him hard sometimes, because thats all I will ever be to him, is a slave." She didn't know why she almost spilled her guts to this woman, but she had sat down on a near by chair during her little speech.

"I'll just have to accept that. Even if I don't want to."

Benedict stood outside the door, his mind clouded with thoughts as Kira revealed her innermost secrets. A part of him wanted to push that all away, to remember their place in society and remember she was but a slave meant to pleasure him. But another part, small but seeming to grow every time he saw her, wanted to embrace her. Wanted to learn more about her and see her smile. He had never felt more conflicted.

Inside the seamstress patter Kira's back soothingly, giving her a reassuring smile. "Love is tricky my dear, and I will pray for you and hope you don't face the heartbreak so many people go through when they're young."

It was at this moment the Benedict entered the room, not caring weather it was time or not. "Is she ready yet? We have other tasks at hand before dinner tonight." Truthfully he just wanted to end their conversation before it got any more personal. The seamstress just smiled and nodded. "We have all we need. The dress should be ready in time for the ball."

Kira almost jumped out of her seat when her master barged into the room. She had this aching feeling that he had been listening in, if so she could be in trouble. She looked over at him with a smile and stood to her feet. "Thank you." She gave a small bow to the seamstress and walked over to her master and walked out of the room with him.

She really hoped he hadn't heard what they said, but even if he did would he mention it? She wondered silently. "Where to next, master?" She asked him.

The smile on her face warmed him to the moment as he she stepped up beside him, foregoing the usual custom of a slave staying in step behind their master. Oh well, he thought, he was the king. He would act as he wished. Taking her arm in his he walked her down the halls.

"We still have several hours before the dinner tonight," he told her. "And I currently have no appointments. I thought perhaps we could..." damn, what was the best way to phrase this? "talk?"
Of all the things to sound unsure about. A king should not have that much trouble trying to talk to a slave. "Such as...are you looking forward to the ball?" Of course, anything to avoid discussing what he overheard was good.

Kira was surprised as he took her arm, his behavior was strange. She just forgot about it, and walked along with him. They passed some servants, who of course only bowed to the king as they past.

"Yes I am, though I wonder what the other nobles will think of me being there." She said quietly, looking up at him. His pause made her wonder what he was going to say. She was scared he had over heard her, but she knew him, if it was a problem he would have no problem telling her she was wrong or correcting her.

"The nobles will think it a scandal and you'll be run out of the kingdom as a trollop," he said with a drop of sarcasm. One night with those stuck-up sots could make anyone want to jump into a nice, simple war. "Their type are never pleased. If you were a high-ranking lady they would undoubtedly find something wrong with your dress or hair, always something."

He gave her a reassuring smile. "As long as you remember your place and say nothing to them unless asked, and then nothing insulting, you will be fine."

Kira couldn't help but chuckle, "Well at least you aren't like them." She smiled, though he was much harsher then they were she imagined. "I'll remember my place of course, I just hope they wont touch me." She couldn't imagine what she might do if someone tried to reach for her.

"I also hope Alexan.... I mean Sir Treversonm is there as well." She liked having him around, he was great company. "Will he be there master?" She asked him as they continued down the hall. She wondered when the people would arrive for this ball.

He caught how she almost addressed the man by his first name and felt something clench inside of him. "Of he will be there. He is a diplomat and not to invite him would be an insult." Still, he didn't have to like how chummy he was getting with Kira. It might be a good thing, as if Kira could stay on his good side it may help with negotiations between the kingdoms.

"I remind you though to be careful though," he said. "He is a man after all, and men can have trouble controlling themselves, especially around such beauty as yours." He rubbed the skin of her arm lightly, smirking as they walked down the hall.

"I don't think he is like that. I spent all that time with him alone in the library and he was a complete gentleman the whole time." She already trusted Alexander, so her master's warnings really didn't mean much to her. She would just stay clear of all the other people who might cause her problems. This dance would either go very well, or be very awkward, she was happy her master was at least there to help her stay out of trouble.

(Wasn't sure what else to type. xD)

It bothered him the she was ignoring his warning but he could see she just didn't understand. Well, hopefully tonight the ambassador would make a mistake and show his true colors. That would certainly make his day.

With that he walked down the corridors of the castle with Kira, making small talk and passing the hours exploring the castle grounds until it was time for dinner. When the clock struck the hour he had already led them both to the dining hall were several servants stood waiting by the doors for him.

"Alright Kira, this dinner is important. Several important figures will be attending so be on your best behavior."

Kira knew the subject of her friendship with Alexander made him upset, so she didn't mention him the rest of the day. It was a nice slow day for her, unlike the past few days which were rough.

When it was finally time for dinner she walked behind him at the normal pace a slave would. "I will, master. Where should I stand?" She asked as they almost reached the door. She was still a bit confused on the proper thing to do, but figured he would tell her the proper things to do.

He gave her a smile and a nod as they approached the door. "Just smile and be polite, Try not to speak unless spoken too. But if you want to say anything try and compliment one of the geusts or ask questions about their work. Their large egos love that." And by god could they talk about themselves forever.

The doors opened and revealing a large room with a grand table with enough space to seat 30 people, though now it only housed 10. There wee men and ladies of the upper class standing at attention for their king who strode in and nodded to each with Kira behind him.. As King he took his seat at the head of the table, Alexander at his right and an empty chair for Kira at his left.

"Hello my liege," greeted the ambassador. "And good to see you again my fair Kira."

Kira listened to his words intently and nodded, "I might talk to them, I still might just keep quiet though." She would just avoid getting into any trouble, so far she had gone without upsetting him for a long while.

As the doors opened she looked at the people around, trying not to gaze on someone to long before looking at the next person. She followed behind her master, keeping a pleasant smile as they moved closer to the table. When she saw Alexander her smile brightened, "Good to see you as well, sir." She bowed her head slightly, just showing respect. She was rather surprised she was allowed at the table, but she sat down in her chair quietly and looked around the table again. Thankfully she was near her master, she felt safe with him.

When Alexander sat down across from her she focused on him, giving him a warm smiling, thinking of their time in the library, she hoped she didn't look to fondly at him, wouldn't want to cause a problem.

Alexander gave Kira a warm smile. "I was just thinking about how I enjoyed myself with you earlier. My Lord, I don't know if you were already told but I spent some time teaching young Kira here to read." He raised his glass to her. "She has quite the mind. I hope we can have a few more sessions with each other before I leave. Truly a good servant."

Benedict tried to keep from scowling. "Yes, she is. I'm sure you will have the chance later on."

To his relief anther noble brought up the topic of placing more guards aloung the city walls, something that Benedict could get into. The heads of the noble families didn't pay much attention to Kira as the dinner progressed, but then again they did just see her as the kings mistress.

Kira smiled more as he talked about her, at least someone had a positive opinion about her being here. She was playing a bit with her food, trying not to blush or act to nervous. "Thank you, sir." She smiled again at Alexander. She could tell most of the other nobles either could care less about her or didn't want her there. She felt a bit out of place, but his kind words helped her relax.

When another topic was brought up she turned to her plate, savoring the wonderful food she got as a perk to being a slave to royalty. She occasionally glanced around at the people speaking, but most of their topics mattered little to her. She stayed quiet and smiling when Alexander caught her eye, almost trying to have a silent conversation with him. So far things were going great.

Things seemed to be going well. The nobles were chatting polity and no one had made any remarks about Kira that were unwholesome, though a few men whispered a few "saucy" things about her. None of them dared say such things within earshot of Benedict of course. Alexander would occasionally make a remark on the state of the city, actually asking Kira what her thoughts were on what could be done for the common man. Of course, one noble thought such a though was hilarious.

"The commoners?" the noble sitting next to Alexander quipped, "you certainly seem to show an awful lot of worry for them. I've walked in their streets and I can only wonder how many pigs they share their homes with. You'd think they didn't know any better." Benedict simply chewed his food as the noble talked out of his ass. The smell in the streets came from the lack of a good sewage system, something that the nobles had not put in enough money for. But he ignored it and ate his meal.

Back
Top Bottom