Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Pirate's Love (JamieXAsaka)

"I'm saying that because you were very nearly raped. And you answered your very own quesiton... you admit to being no good with any sort of weapon, but you say you can defend yourself," he said, making his way toward his dresser. He picked up one of the two blades here, a rather thin, sharp blade; a Waloon sword It was a weapon favored by Vic, as it had a thin, flexible blade, perfect for cutting or thrusting, whilst also allowing for the sort of pointwork that went with dueling with rapiers. He picked up the second blade along side it, a Schiavona, which was more or less a basket-hilted broadsword. He tossed the Walloon sword to her feet.

"Any man on this ship could overpower you, and if you wish to be anything more than the weak, spoiled girl that you are, you would prove me wrong," he said, his gaze levelled on her. He doubted she would take the challenge he now offerred her.

"You don't have to be good with a weapon to be able to defend yourself... You just can't give up!" She huffed watching him closely as he pulled out some blades. Her expression was still that of a curious child as he tossed the sword to her feet. Elle looked at him and then tot he blade.
"Fine.." She plopped to the ground and tore at her skirt. Then she made a crude bandage for her hand and picked up the blade. It was a bit heavy for her. It's about the same weight as the third volume of that old travelers almanac..

((I will be right back.))

"In this day and age, you do. Swords and firearms make quick work of the foolhardy," he said, as he brought his hand up, twisting it a bit so that the sheathed blade aimed toward her. This way, he wouldn't hurt her too much, even if he did mess up and strike her with the blade. "That blade is called a Walloon sword. It is light, as blades go, and used as much for fencing as it is for slashing and the like. Come at me, now. Show me what you can do with that blade," he said, his other hand coming up, wrapping gently around the pommel of his sword. He had a very odd fighting style, but it was one that was greatly feared.

((Uggh I though he gave her the broad sword. Since they are normally heavier than fencing swords I put in that bit about it being heavy. My apologies >.<))

Elle studied the sword and swung it a couple times, but not too hard. She watched the movement of the blade and then looked at him. "Very well then.."
Taking in a steady breath, she moved forward with a standard jab. She knew this wouldn't end well and planned on trying her best. Her right foot came out with the sword and if the thrust wasn't successful, she planned to shift her weight to the other foot so she could hop back to avoid a possible retort from Vic.

(No worries. The Walloon's the lighter sword, almost like a rapier.)

Vic took a half-step backward, and flicked the end of his sword up, catching the Walloon's tip to push it away. Clearly, he wasn't going to go on the offensive here; it would be over far too quickly if that happened. "Come on now, Elle. Actually strike at me. Make me work to keep my defense up," he said, aking a smal lstep forward, continuing to hold his blade in such an odd position. "Keep the blade pointed toward me. It's made for pointwork, as it's too weak to go one on one with a broadsword; you don't have the muscles I do, but that doesn't mean you can't out-maneuver me," he said, actually trying to be helpful. She had a fighting spirit, which, when honed, could make her a useful hand in combat.

((Right! I got it now ^_^))

She looked up for a brief moment then nodded. Elle straightened her arm a little more and made a quickly two-stepped advance and swung her blade in a counter clockwise motion. Her sword made a swift ringing sound when it hit his and she moved it slightly, but not enough to leave him open for an attack. She bit her lip and stepped back a little before advancing once again but she a little more strength behind her swing. The blade this time twirled around his and moved it further but still not far enough for her to deliver an decent blow.
"How do I break apart a defensive stance?" Elle asked once she realized her attempts weren't getting her to where she wanted to be.

With every thrust or strike of Elle's blade, it was met by a defensive move of Vic's. Her unrefined combat style really wasn't the way to get past an ironclad defense like Vic's. "You strike where your opponent doesn't expect it. If you want me to break -mine-, you need to parry my own parries... Get my blade out of the way so that you can strike me. Try using this; fencers often use a second blade, a knife, in order to deal blows such as that," he said, reaching down to his belt to pull a dagger off of it, throwing it over to her. "Now, try it," he said, dropping the defensive stance to get into a fighter's stance, which would be easier to break. The blade was held out toward hers a bit, and he had a wary, predator-like look to him now.

She stepped back when he tossed the knife to her. Instead of drawing back and waiting for it to hit the ground like most women do, she caught it by the hilt as it traveled through the air. Elle liked how it was light and held it close to her.
"Okay..are there any particular rules that I need to be made aware of?" She asked as she advanced upon him once again. She twirled the blade clockwise and led with her right foot, then pushed off with her left while turning her blade swiftly in the opposite direction. This caused the blades to ring and grind over one another. Elle moved her right arm further to the right and thrusts in with the dagger. She didn't look at Vic's expression, but watched the blades. Her eyes held a wild almost excited look about them. It was almost as if her gaze was electrified.

((Sorry I fixed a couple typos))

Vic was rather surprised at the skill that was in her attack; she really wasn't bad at it, she'd just never had any official training. He turned away from thr thrusting dagger, both hands grasping onto the hilt of his blade to force her back with his superior strength. "None, whatsoever... you really aren't bad at this, Elle. You just need a bit more refinement," he said, taking two steps back, hands holding tight to his hilt. "Now that you've shown me what skill you have on offense... Switch to defense and defend yourself," he said, taking a step forward. He flicked his wrist, a simple vertical slash of the blade, before he moved out of this feint, trying to catch her across her side with the flat of his blade. He really wasn't seeking to hurt her, but to avoid any sort of injury she'd have to be quick with her blade. "Try not to catch any full slashes with your blade; deflect and counter attack," he said, voice oddly calm despite the frenzied energy she was feeling.

Elle withdrew her dagger and stumble backwards as he pushed her away. She winced and popped her shoulder. "...You really think so?" she asked as she stood there for a bit of a pause.
Her heart was thumping heavily in her chest from the sudden movements she made in her attempts to hit him. She noticed his advance towards her and hopped back receiving a slight cut across her left side. It showed a layer of her under clothing but she didn't seem to notice.
"Right.." She replied swiftly and held her sword at an angle to deflect another vertical slash. Elle hopped to get her feet in the right position. Once he attacked again, she stepped back and had one foot on the wall. Elle didn't like feeling pinned and kicked off the wall while pushing his blade away with hers.
Her hair moved like a dark brown flag behind her as well as the torn parts of her dress.

"I wouldn't say it if I didn't," he said simply, as he caught her blade with his. He could easily take such blows on his own sword, broadsword that it was, but the Walloon was a bit more delicate. His eyes strayed to her undergarments as they traded blows for another moment, enjoying the sight for the single moment that he had it, before he turned entirely back to their "duel".

At last they caught one another's blade in a stalemate, locking their blades together... before Vic dropped his sword. He spun out of the stance, moving around behind her, arm wrapping around her waist as his hand came to lay on her sword hand. "Enough... Extremely impressive for a beginner," he said, his breath hot on her ear as he held her there for several moments, holding her against his muscled form, before he pulled back, a small smile on his face.

She noticed him drop his sword, but she held on to hers even when he put his arm around her.
Elle blinked slowly as all this came into to play. His breath on her neck made her shudder and lower her blade slowly. Then she looked at him with her eyes slowly slinking back into a controlled yet strong gaze. "Thank you..Do you think I would be able to defend myself?" Elle asked. Being told she was weak dealt a big blow to her pride and she hated that above all things.
She felt his firm body against her soft skin, but she didn't let it affect her so much that she would become consumed with distracting thoughts. When he released her, she stepped away from him still holding her blade. Then she walked over to the dresser placing the sword and dagger on top of it.

((I won't be back online until monday morning sorry. ^_^))

Vic followed her as she set his Walloon sword on top of the dresser, as well as his dagger, and he placed his broadsword beside them both. "If you had a blade on you, I've no doubt that you could take some of my men. But you are still untrained, and I will teach you forms later," he said, crossing his arms over his stomach. "Also, here," he said, making his way back toward where he'd deposited his long, dark coat. "You are a beautiful woman, Elle, but I doubt you would wish everyone on board to see that," he said with a small smirk, motioning to Elle's bared skin, from where her dress had been ripped. It was as plain as day now, and he had to admit... She truly was beautiful. He passed his coat along to her before he made his way back to where he'd deposited his glass of wine, sipping from it.

The blade hit the dresser with a dull thud even when she tried to sit it down gently. "I thought you would say that." Elle nodded to his comment about her needing to learn more about swordplay to be truly safe on board his ship. She didn't like being protected by others, but being a manipulative noble woman, she knew how to use pawns when needed. Elle didn't like the idea of hiding behind others though. They were likely to make mistakes. At least if she did it, she wouldn't become as upset with herself simply because it was her own fault rather than that of someone else. Her silvery eyes stayed on him, but it was hard to tell if she was watching him out of curiosity of out of being cautious of his movements. Elle blushed lightly hearing him make a comment about her bare flesh, but she stood there still proud, still noble despite the amount of skin that had been flashed to the captain of one of the most fierce crews in the land.
"I am the product....sir...of breeding" She replied simply as she took the coat. Elle moved pieces of her gown so the coat could lay better on her body but there was an odd mark on the top of her thigh. Her covering herself was so quick though, that it was hard to make out. Then she wrapped the coat twice around her slender frame and leaned against the walls of the cabin.

Vic’s keen eyes took in the mark at the top of her thigh, though he could hardly get a good look at it before she covered her skin with the finery of his coat. What was it…? A personal marking? Or perhaps it was her family crest. All noble families had one, and typically had a stone seal with them… but some had it straight onto their flesh, in the form of ink. That’s probably what it was. “We’re all products of breeding; yours was likely more selective, though,” Vic said with the shadow of a smile as he reached down into his pocket, pulling out a tarnished brass watch. He looked to the time, before pushing it back down into his pocket. He made his way to the door, opening it and rapping on the door frame.

“Smithy, go down and see Dane; fetch two bowls of soup, some hot tea, and a few rolls for us, will you? Thank you,” he said, as Smithy jogged down the steps to the galley. Vic turned on his heel, moving back into his cabin. “I’ll also have something else for you to wear soon; be warned that it shan’t be as nice as you’re used to, but clean and intact,” he promised.

"Most definitely. My father’s mind is too narrow. He believes in strengthening people through superior breeding." Elle knew different simply because she read about diseases in the ancient records that she had deciphered in the past. She knew a lot due to those books. The one person she truely respected was the one man who taught her how to decode the books of the ancients. He was killed a couple years after Elle learned his gift. He was accused of treason and executed in little over three days after being accused. It was her father’s order. Elle obeyed her father, but had no respect for him not even for the power he held so tightly.
When her one and only 'hero' slaughtered under false accusations, Elle became shady in the eyes of the people around her. The only reason her father found use for her, was as a bargaining chip for marriage and to decipher ancient text.

She looked up at Vic as he leaned out the door and requested food. She hadn't eaten in little over a day and a half, so her stomach was gnawing at her insides. Elle was glad to hear that food was coming. She didn't know why the pirate had taught her how to sword fight. Even though she wasn't exactly skilled with a blade, she would most definitely cause more trouble now for him if she wanted to. If he simply threw her in the brig without teaching her anything, she would have been easier to handle. He confused her. Why was he treating her like this?
"Do you have any women's clothes?" She asked.

"I think the sterility, birth defects, and everything else'll eventually prove him wrong," Vic said with a small smirk as he made his way back into his cabin, stretching out his arms above his head... He was feeling rather tired all of a sudden, for some reason. "Yes, they're woman's clothing. On a diplomatic vessel we came across, we found a few trunks of clothing, one of which was a woman's. It will require some hemming though; you're a rather small woman, and they weren't," he said, remembering the ambassador's pig of a wife... She'd thought he was going to rape her, too, though he would have cheerfully thrown himself overboard beforehand.

"I hope vegetable soup is fine by you. We're using up all of our produce before we dip into the hard tack and the like," he said, unbuttoning his waistcoat, the linen shirt coming off next to reveal the dark, sleeveless shirt beneath, Vic setting all of his discarded clothing on a dresser. "Tell me, Elle. Where were you planning on going, after you got off my ship? The point's rather moot, as is, but I'm curious to know," he said.

Elle shook her head to the possibility of her father changing his mind about 'pure blood' breeding.
The coat enveloped her small body like a large black blanket and she was looking forward to some clothes. She didn't really understand what he meant by hemming her clothes. Was the previous woman tall? It took her a moment to guess the possibilities of the condition of her 'new clothes'. Her silvery eyes seemed to darken as she contemplated these things.

"Vegetable soup?" She replied sounding rather curious. Her eyes then seemed to light up with the sound of eating something she only heard of around the servants. "I've never eaten anything like that.." Elle wondered if there were only vegetables in 'vegetable soup'. Then her eyes widened as a thought came to her. No matter how kind he was being at the moment, Vic was still a pirate. What if he was to do something to her food? Perhaps poison would be his preference to do her away. Then again, if he wanted her dead, she would have been by now.
With these thoughts buzzing around like angry bees in her mind, Elle leaned against the wall with her arms crossed tightly over her chest.
She jerked herself back into reality once he started asking her about her plans as far as 'freedom'. Elle looked at him and her eyes darkened. She then walked over to the map and stared at it until she found the name. Once she did, she pressed her finger on the spot she intended to go. "Galbadia..." It was a violent country that was known for instigating war. Her father would often talk about Galbadia in terms of them all most matching his kingdom in military force. It was considered enemy lines and that was where she planned on going. Her reasons she didn't want to speak about at this moment.

(Note: A lot of this is just history. Be forewarned. :p )

"Indeed... I think you shall like it, personally," Vic said cheerfully, when her eyes lit up over the mention of vegetable soup. He watched her attentively as she made her way over to the map, his arms crossing over his stomach as she looked it over for the large, militaristic country of Galbadia... the second largest on the map, besides for the inhospitable wasteland that was the landmass in the far south.

"Galbadia, hm? Instigator of the War of the West, and the following economic depression that were The Sorrows," he commented, almost like he was quoting a text book. The War of the West had been the loosely allied governments in the west fighting a border battle with the Galbadians... it had taken everyone to take out their mass military might, but airship technology had skyrocketed following it... After the designs had been replicated in the west after about five years, economies boomed everywhere, and Elle's country was still riding off the mass amounts of money it got for its technology... And thanks to this money, they had a very powerful military in the form of the air pirates that inevitably popped up.

Besides for this third party of an army, though, Elle's country remained small... A powerful defense, yes, but very little offense. Money was a wonderful shield. "Whyever would you want to flee to your country's sworn enemy?" he asked, curiously. "But I do hope you know I'm not taking you there; I don't deal with Galbadians."

((Sorry for the long wait. I've been busy.))

"I know what they say about Galbadia. I might have been cooped up in a house all my life but that doesn't mean I didn't know what happened to the country that surrounded it.."
Her eyes saddened as if she came across the thought of having to do something horrible.
The deed and journey she planned to do was something she never discussed with anyone.
"I have some business there..but it's not something I wish to talk about.." Elle told him simply.

Part of her wished to flee to a safer country, but there was something in Galbadia she needed to investigate. Once she had completed what she had set out to do, she would find a way to another country where she could blend in and be forgotten. Right now, it was obvious that she was a woman of noble blood, but she knew that with practice she could merge into the crowd and be unnoticed.

When he told her that he wasn't taking her to Galbadia she shrugged having planned for such a thing a week in advance. If all things went well, she would slip onto yet another ship and make it to Galbadia.
"I figured as much since they don't do well with anyone from this country." "Where do you plan on going in term of the next port town? I know you will be heading out to battle soon, but after that. Where will you be going?”

Vic’s expression was rather serious whilst she spoke, wondering why a slip of a girl would want to go to a place like Galbadia, until she spoke about their typical xenophobic dislike, and the battle. “Battle, Elle? I don’t work for your country anymore. I did “kidnap” you, you know,” he said, his smile perhaps a bit wry. “And if that was only the case, they would welcome me back with open arms. I’m from Galbadia,” he said simply, crossing his arms over his stomach.

“Of course, not originally,” he amended a moment later. “I’m from Fen’es,” he went on. It was one of the smaller countries on the continent, and had been located right next to Galbadia, until its expansionist views claimed Fen’es as a territory. His country, mostly consisting of river folk, and whose navy could be summed up by “the few, the proud, the soggy”, had been taken over easily in Galbadia’s infamous “One Hour Invasion”, in which they’d gained four territories. The fifth had fallen within the next half hour.

“Now tell me, Elle… Why do you want to go to Galbadia? I’ve spent too much of my life there, and therefore don’t wish to go back, but if I agree with your cause, I can at least get you in,” he said, before there was a tentative knock at the door. “Come in,” Vic called, and the door was pushed open, revealing a stocky man with two bowls balanced on his arm. “Here ye go, Cap’n. Tea, too,” he said, motioning to the wooden cask underneath his arm, held by a leather strap around his shoulder.

“Well done,” Vic said, making his way over to the door to relieve him of the bowls of soup, offering his shoulder for the tea a moment later. The stocky man flashed Elle a rather lecherous, five-toothed grin, before he turned and more or less waddled away. Vic, meanwhile, was setting everything down on the table, filling two clay cups with the tea, setting them alongside the steaming bowls of soup. He motioned for Elle to sit down across from him in a rather plush chair at his table, as he took the one at the opposite end.

She didn't even begin to hide her shocked expression when he told her that he was from Galbadia. Her intense silvery gaze relaxed once again after thinking about her options. Though at this particular moment, she didn't appear to have many, but the future always held many options. "There is something I'm looking for and all my sources point to Galbadia. It's something of great historical importance that could quite possibly shift the balance of power for the entire world." Elle told him as she looked back to the map. Her eyes softened slightly with regret, but there was no turning back now. "I do apologize for getting you into this situation, but whether or not you are agree to take me there, I will find a way to Galbadia."

Once the man entered the room, she spun around and stayed about two feet from the wall but she didn't get to close to the center of the room either. Elle glanced at the man as he sneered at her. She responded by giving the most icy glare she could ever produce. Once he left, she stepped toward the table then she felt something slip beneath her blouse. She blushed for a moment then stepped from Vic to reposition the item. It was the wooden tab that she used as a bit of a key. She was one of the few people that understood ancient text and knew how to use the key. It slid along her back and more to her left, so she simply pressed at it though the coat until it was back below her under arm.

Vic had a rather smug expression on his face when shock registered on Elle’s face. “You didn’t know? There are a lot of ‘Galbadians’ in the world today, people whose countries have been taken over by their armies. Most are turned into slave colonies, like my country was,” he went on to explain. His country was small, but full of gifted artificers, and fishers and the like. They’d been largely introverted, and everything they needed had been homemade or homegrown. Not like the larger countries, who had to depend on trade to so much as provide the dinner on their plates each and every night, or the energy to fuel that which ran their homes to begin with. This also meant that they had no standing army, only fishermen and a few men that were good with wrenches.

“You’re looking for something of power, but also found in the history books? What are they? The Gamgee Stones, the Scepter of Ak’rhool?” he asked, naming but a few old pirates’ tales of powerful treasure. The Scepter was said to have been able to allow anyone the ability to control the minds of the land’s people, whilst the Stones were said to have been a powerful precursor to the airship technology, which might explain Galbadia’s powerful air force. Of course, these were but a few old treasures Vic knew of. There were thousands of myths and legends.

After Vic had sat down, and swallowed a spoonful or two of soup, his eyes moved over to Elle, fidgeting with something. “Is everything quite alright, Elle?” he asked, voice polite and curt, interested. What was she hiding beneath her blouse, except a pair of undoubtedly perfect breasts? As soon as he thought this, Vic banished it from his mind, crossing his legs beneath the table.

"How should I know whether or not you are native to my country or not? I barely know you right now." She replied then sighed. While being taught the Geography of the world, she also learned the history of the countries. History wasn't her forte, but she had to learn about Galbadia to better understand what was written in the ancient texts. "You left to escape Military rule?" Elle asked as she crossed her arms over her chest. Her silvery gaze fell on the soup and she finally wondered over there, but she kept her arms crossed. Though she looked to be crossing her arms in thought or opposition, she was actually pressing through the coat again to better prop her tablet under her arm.

Now seated across from him, she stuck her spoon into the soup with curiosity rather than hunger. She fished out a couple vegetables and nibbled on them. After a couple spoonfuls of soup, she covered her mouth to look for a napkin. Since she couldn't find one, she wiped the excess on her hand hesitantly. "Have you ever heard of the Leviathan?" She asked. Her silvery eyes producing a sharp gaze that could at times feel as if the mind was being penetrated by them.

She could tell that she had been spotted fixing her tablet. "Yes, everything is fine thank you. Oh and this...umm vegetable soup is very interesting."

Vic settled back more in his chair, his arms crossing over his stomach. "Most people in the modern world are technically Galbadians. There are only a few lands that can resist the power they currently have... Yours only can because of the air pirates. Otherwise, your country would be crushed in a day," he said, speaking from experience. His had been crushed in an hour. "And yes, I did. I was one of many who got sent into the mines, where many of my people died... However, I managed to escape on a lifeboat, taken from a supply ship," he said with a wry smile.

"I got blown out of the sky, however, and was saved by some other escapees. This was the ship I was saved on, actually. It's been greatly altered over the years, obviously, but it's one in the same," he said, pushing himself to his feet with his bowl in hand. He tipped it over his mouth, taking a long drink from the thick brown broth, imbibing both of it and the chopped vegetables, as well as a few pieces of salted meat. He set the bowl down, wiping his mouth on the table mat, which was really just a golded piece of thick cloth.

"Leviathan? I've heard of a few different 'Leviathans'. Ship of Drach't, and the ancient sea monster... But what, exactly, are you talking about?" he asked, turning so that he could lean back against the table, looking down to her with similarly piercing eyes. "Interesting, indeed," he said with a small smile. "It's not very good-tasting, but it's nutritious, and filling."

Back
Top Bottom