Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The World's End Tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Footsteps were slowly heard coming through the doors of the tavern, a slight hesitation in them as if the person wasn't sure if he wanted to go in. Soon enough there was the full figure of Karai before the tavern door, eyes looking about the area. He'd heard rumors of the place and some of the people, but he wasn't threatened by any of them in the least. Being what was possibly just a creation lead him to not care if he died. Yet, he'd been on the verge of death several times and always somehow managed to keep alive.

Karai walked in more, finding quite the empty table, each surrounding one seeming to be filled by others and took a seat at the furthest chair. He didn't much drink, but he'd heard the tavern had much more to offer than alcohol and he really needed a room and food. It didn't take long to get his order in, impressed by the speedy service, but he'd hold off on the room until he knew if he wanted to stay or not. The tavern scene wasn't his thing, but he was going to give it a try as the last time he'd seen a tavern thing hadn't been so bad.

Flutter stands eying the hooded one now sprawled on the floor and leans down offering him her dainty hand her dark ash skin obvious "let me help you up " She says then she drops her book on the floor it narrowly missing him she blushes and apologizes kneeling to his level to pick it up her silver eyes on the hooded stranger spotting a bit of white hair she waits curiously to see if he will accept her hand up. She slips her book back in the small bag she carries on her shoulder under her own cloak her own snow white hair flowing down her back standing holding out her hand once more still waiting for someone to reply about the drow blood wine. she leans down and whispers to the hooded male "come on stand up now. "

Eyes squeezed tightly shut, he waited for whatever punishment the patrons of the bar would throw on him. After a few moments passed, he realized that a woman, skin a beautifual ebony color, had offered him her hand. Still a bit dazed from his face plant, it took him a bit to understand what was happening. She was trying to help him up!!! Suddenly a book slammed next to his head almost hitting his head. She knelt to pick it up blushing as he watched from under his hood. After hearing her whisper, he slowly gathered himself up and brushed himself off. He reached up and pulled his hood off revealing a head of white hair and brown almond eyes. Two small horns could be seen poking out of his hair, untill he shook his head and they disappered under his hair. Sending a small smile at the woman who offered to help him up, he moved to take a seat at the bar, where he saw, what appeared to be some sort of drinking contest was taking place.

Flutterby smiles and walks back to her stool at the bar sitting down next to the newcomer and looking him over, her silver eyes missing nothing, she gently probes his mind with her own to see what she can hear if anything she tilts her head focusing her energy briefly to listen to anything in the room that may be of importance in the thoughts of those around her hoping no one notices what she is doing she smiles and taps a coin on the bar top to get the barkeeps attention hoping he has the drow blood wine she seeks. She raises an eyebrow while she waits allowing herself to look over the male that is sitting near her at the bar.

Sitting at the bar, comtemplating if the bar offered hot water, it took Tathariel a few moments to notice that the silver eyed female was sitting next to him. Something buzzed breifly in his mind. Looking at the female who was staring back at him, he gently set up guards around the more private thoughts of his mind. Allowing her to see his wonder and excitedness of the bar and its patrons, he didnt mind that she was reading him. In fact, he thought it would actually be a convience if things started to get rough in the bar. Smiling at her, he started removing small pouches from within the folds of his cloak, gathering various herbs he put them all togethor in a small cup. After glancing around the room intrestedly, he joined her in trying to get the barkeepers attenion.

Flutterby smiles at him her nose picking up on the scent of the herbs, she reaches under her cloak and pulls out a bag passing him a bit of mentha ×villosa with a small smile leaning close almost touching him. Whispering "its a rare mint I picked up on my last trip you might like it I am Flutter by the way." She stepped back away sitting back down giving up on the bartender and pulling a small flask from her hip and sprinkling a bit of ginger root into it before sipping the blend until someone manages to notice her. She smiles reading the excitement of the male to her side and sensing him closing off his private thoughts she starts to hum a strange tune while looking around the crowd her eyes lingering on the strange multi colored male that has the barkeeps attention. Barely noticing the one that slipped in quietly and now sits at the back of the room except she can feel his presence which for her was not unusual but there was something different about this one she could sense it. Flutter continued scanning the room mentally trying to pick up anything from anyone that may tell her what she needs to know.

Karai felt someone in his mind the moment she searched through it. He didn't bother to block anything off since she wouldn't get anything from a mind that did not know itself. He just sighed and took a sip of his drink, figuring it was going to be a rather long night if nothing happened. Though all nights seemed to last forever for such a man who's mind never was occuppied by anything.

His fingers gently strummed along the table, seeking out the presence of everyone, none seeming to pose any threat. Was it because he was ready to accept death? Or did he just not feel a sense of fear from any of them. He shook his head a little and let it just slip from his mind.

As the woman dropped the small pouch of herbs into his hand, he noticed a kettle boiling over a fire. Not wanting to lose his seat at the bar, he chanted a small spell to make the kettle come to him. Slowly it made its way over the partons, untill finally with a wave of his hand, it tilted and began to pour the boiling water in his cup. Taking the pouch the woman gave him, he reached inside and took a small pinch, adding it to his cup. Tucking it away within the folds of his cloak, he let the cup in from of him sit for a bit, before taking a small sip. Content with the mixture of herbs, he cast his gaze around the room agian. Seeing someone in the corner that hadnt been there before, he gazed at him intrestedly, before returning his gaze to the woman next to him. Smiling slightly, he could feel her probing the patrons of the bar. For what, he did not know, and truthfully it was not his business. he leaned over, his head almost touching Fluttterbys and whispered, "what a collection of people?!, Is this place always this crowded?"

Flutterby watched as the boiling water moved itself across the room and giggled to herself imagining what would happen if someone stood up as it was passing over their heads. She smiled as her eyes found the one in the back of the room studying him a moment sensing his despair she tried to send him some positive energy.
Flutterby gazed back to the white haired male at her side when he spoke she smiled and whispered back. " I would not know I am visiting from a town called Tera far from here.. I came to find the one that my former husband hired to kill me. I want him to see he failed and know that I know. I have a vague memory of how he looks but no name. I will find him if he has changed his looks then it may take a bit longer. But I will find him" She smiled then and looked around the room some more.

Wondering if everyone here had some sort of agenda, the young man cast his eyes over the tavern agian. Wishing something intresting would happen, he amused himself by making random objects float in the air. Trying to capture someones attention, he moved the objects in complicated patterns, making them whirl through the air faster and faster.

Flutterby watched with some amusement as the objects flew around the room she opened her bag and pulled the book from it and started to read studying the healing spells and whispering them to herself absentmindedly fingering the pendant around her neck. The pendant looked to be a naked woman dancing over a thumbnail moon. Flutter rubbed her forehead the headache returning she reached in her pouch and pulled white willow bark from it and bit off a few bites chewing on it slowly. She closed her book trying again to get someone's attention in much need of a drink.

Karai felt a strange energy touch his body, shivering at the strange feeling. It seemed familiar, but he couldn't place it. His mood did lighten up a bit, at least he wasn't wanting everything to end entirely just yet. He wondered though, ifi there was more people like this drow that seemed to try and help him. If so, maybe he'd make friends once again.

Tathariel wondered why the bartender was taking so long. Feeling slighty bored, he gazed around the room agian. Sensing the small change of mood from the man comming from the corner, his gaze lingered on him for a moment.
Turning his eyes to the drow, he looked on as she chewed on some willow bark. Seeing as she still didnt have a drink, he asked her, "what would you like" and waved his hand making only a few of the bottles that lined the shelves float. His eyebrow slowly raised itself up, wondering why he couldnt make the bottles leap off the shelves, he tried agian. This time a green glow issued forth from the shelf. "ahhhh", he said as he realized that the shelves were enchanted. He then redoubled his efforts to get the barkeepers attention, for he too was starting to get hungry.

Flutter stood up looking at the male at her side and grinned then with her eyes upon the male in the back and walked slowly towards him pulling her cloak off revealing her outfit a form fitting black and white gown thats skirt flared and came to just above her knee's she watched him walking slowly sitting at the table near him. She looked at him and spoke soft and low. " Who are you?.. I am Flutterby I do not understand why but I feel like I know you." She watched him curiously wishing to ask why he felt the way he did but not going to push him just yet.

Tathariel grinned back at Flutterby as she moved past him. Turning in his chair, he watched her as she made her way toward the man sitting at the table near the back. His intrest increased as he remembered that she was looking for her long lost husband. He shuddered, thinking that he was glad that he was not that husband. Keeping his eyes on the pair in the corner, he resumed his juggling act, wanting to not miss anything, hoping he would start to see some excitement from this tavern.

Karai noticed the drow approaching quickly, seeing her remove her hood. He shook his head slowly and shrugged. "It's been awhile since i've had my memory stolen from me..." His eyes met hers to gaze up them. "But the name is Karai." He adjusted in his seat to be sitting more properly, figuring he owed her at least his full attention for keeping him company for however long it was to be. "If we've ever met since I lost my memory it could be during I time I was killing someone. And it wasn't you, because i've never failed." He let off a faint smile. "But if it was before then... Before what happened to me.. It is a life I would like to know at least a bit about."

Flutterby let her eyes look him over then softly said "I'm afraid we are in much the same boat then.. in the attack I lost much of my memory but it is slowly returning to me with the help of herbs and meditation. Perhaps we can be of assistance to each other at least for a short time." She gazed at him then rested a hand on his arm letting him hear her thoughts if he should wish to so he can see she means no harm.

Karai took in a deep breath and slowly let it out, his mind thinking about what she said. Soon he felt her hand upon his arm, her thoughts seeping into his mind. "Well.. It might not even be a memory lost... I might just be a creation from the start..no normal life to begin with." He closed his eyes a little. "But I would be more than glad to assist you in any way that I can."

Flutterby looks surprised but nods "Even then perhaps we can help you remember that and where you where created. As for being my attacker I know its not you.. he was much taller and uglier than you." She grins at him a bit " Now to see if I can get this bartenders attention before we all dry up from a lack of refreshment" She stands still smiling at him. "Please excuse me Karai I will be back shortly, I hope" She walks away back towards the bar ducking the still flying objects that the other male seems to be entertaining himself with. She steps up to the bar and drops a ruby toned object in front of the dragon bartender it sparkles a bit the gem about the size of a child's fist.She waits to see if he may finally notice her.

Seeing the woman step up to the bar agian, he said, "just found out that the bartender actually left" "if we want drinks then we would better off getting them ourselves".....pausing to look closer at the big gem she dropped, he waved his hand and sent all the things that had been floating back to their origional spots exept for one. A bottle of Drow Blood Wine floated between them. "might this be what you were looking for" he said with a slight smirk on his face, and with that he started to walk around the tavern leaving the bottle to float in front of her, pausing here and there to listen to a particular intresting conversation.

Karai relaxed entirely in his seat when the woman left his side. He was deep in thought now and would remain that way as long as he was left alone. He had to consider every possibility that could happen if he helped. But he already agreed and wouldn't back down, sighing a little. He filled his thoughts with how he already knew where he was created and the like for her to read. But even with that he knew nothing about what he was.

Still walking around the bar, he found himself nearly compleating a full circle. Seeking a conversation he decided to try sparking one up with the same man the drow woman was chatting with. Wondering what to say he approached the table with two drinks in his hands.

Flutterby smiled and reached for the bottle of drow blood wine and found herself a glass and poured herself a bit of wine sitting at the bar stuffing the gem back in the pouch she carried making sure anyone watching also seen she has a dagger in the pouch. She relaxes sipping the wine her eyes closed in enjoyment. She however keeps scanning the thoughts of those in the room settling on the male in the back that called himself Karai she listened to his thoughts and sent him a few of her own to help him relax a bit.

Stopping a few feet before the man, Tathariel sensed something outside in the town. Wanting to know what was bothering his senses so much, he stopped, and put the drinks down. Then he swiftly walked to the door, grabbing his staff on the way. Swinging the door open, he vanished into the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom