Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

If I can't do 100 push ups then...(Mr.pxZiyi)

MrPenguin

Supernova
The wind swayed softly in this lovely time of spring. The amount of injured Shinobi has risen as of late since of the more difficult missions. Though of course there is one person no matter what the injury was still finding a way to train. "If I can't....do....100 kicks then I'll do 50 arm pushups!" A familiar voice can be heard as the shinobi kicked away at the training stump.

It was Chuunin rank Rock Lee. Though besides his dashing green jumpsuit and Chuunin Shinobi vest he was sporting a lovely broken arm and two broken ribs. Though this didn't stop him from focusing on his training. "Can't....stop now!....59....60....61"

It really was a lovely day. Ino Yamanaka had been coming back from a foray in the forest when she heard a voice coming not too far away from where she was currently passing and she paused as she listened to it for a few minutes, trying to recall where she'd heard that particular voice before. There was a basket swinging from her right arm that was filled with an assortment of flowers and herbs, the first part for her family's flower shop and the latter for her work in medicine for she and Sakura were out of some of the herbs required to make poultices for the injured shinobi who were pouring in day after day.

Ino pushed through the bushes and low hanging leaves of the trees as she made her way closer to the sound of the voice and now she could hear the words being said. That was when it hit her. She stepped through to put her hands on her hips as she stood only a few feet away from Rock Lee, dressed in her trademark purple bikini-like outfit, her long blonde hair pulled up in a high pony tail as she raised a brow at him. "What are you doing, Lee? You shouldn't be out exercising, you should be resting!" Ino exclaimed, crossing her arms now against her chest as she gazed at him, waiting for the Chuunin to respond to her.

"Really, you'd think by now you'd know that you'll only hurt yourself more if you keep this up. I could have you up and ready in a few days if you'd just listen to my advice." She added, having faith in her ability with medicine as she waited for Lee to respond.

Rock Lee stopped for a mere second as he heard Ino talk to him, "Sorry Ino but, I have to! Everyday I waste resting means another day Naruto Surpasses me in strength." Rock Lee went back to kicking the tree. "And if I ever want Sakura I must beat him! 77....78...79....Ngh!" Rock Lee Cringed a bit as the pain from his ribs acted up. He clutched his side for a bit before getting back up to keep training.

"I also have to do this for my village! I must grow stronger and prove I can be just as good as any Shinobi."

Ino sighed as she shook her head at Lee. Guys. They were all the same, always pushing themselves to the brink of exhaustion and then beyond when by all rights they should not even be able to stand. She might push herself to the brink of exhaustion should she really want something bad enough but she had never gone beyond her limits. Not yet. Although she couldn't help but wonder what would happen if she ever was in a situation that required her to do so.

"You know, even Naruto has to rest sometimes. If he didn't he'd pass out from overworking himself which he's actually done before now that I think of it. Resting is a very important part of gaining strength."

She reminded Lee and thought about saying that he should take care of his appearance as well for that was important too but then Lee had always been fairly well groomed which was something Ino had liked about him. Unlike Choji. Ugh. Ino couldn't stand how Choji looked, acted and dressed. He was the epitome of lazyness and fatness and he didn't seem as though he had ever cared about his looks. God. But he did have some redeeming qualities.

Friendship. Loyalty. He was always there when you needed him and Ino had grown to care for him over the years of working together and Shikamaru, well he was a jounin now and had his own missions. She was proud of him although she wanted to be of that rank too however she was kept busy with her medical training and her own personal goal was to pass Sakura, her teacher. Ino's lips curled at the thought of Sakura gloating over that particular fact.

That forehead girl would pay! Oh yes, she would pay when Ino surpassed her! The students always surpassed the teacher that much was a given so there was a chance for her still if she continued to work hard. Ino's mind returned to Lee once more and she let her eyes fall on the hard working ninja who was still mending from his earlier injuries and shook her head. Then she thought of something that Lee might actually agree to.

"You know, if you just came with me and rested for the rest of the day I could heal those two cracked ribs you have and make your broken arm feel a bit better. The arm will take a bit longer to heal but if your ribs are better you can at least do some situps and running and it shouldn't hurt too much. Don't do any more pushups or anything that strains your arm though or else it will take longer to heal it." Ino said as she thought about it.

Hopefully Lee would take her up on the offer for she was giving him a way to heal quickly and still be able to continue training. The only question was whether Ino was up to it but she didn't want to see Lee get hurt so if she couldn't manage it she would simply go to Sakura as much as she didn't want to. "So should we head back and get you healed up a bit?" Ino inquired as she waited for Lee to respond.

Lee listened through the whole thing and after a bit he frowned. He always felt one step short from all the others. Only thing that even kept him up to speed with them was his heavy training. Rock Lee looked at her as he sighed, "Fine Ino...I'll try it your way." Lee said to her as he slowly went to her.

"You change alot since the years. I remembered you alot more mean and snotty..." Then he smiled as he placed a hand on her shoulder. "Which makes me feel relieved that you are turning out to being a great woman." With that he passed her as he slowly headed for the hospital so he could go back to bed rest.

The walk wasn't too long but, being in that bed was another story. Rock Lee merely looked out the window as the spring weather engulfed the land.

Yes! Ino thought inside her head and her inner Ino made a fist as she stood in triumph above the world and then she was back to herself once more. Score one for her! Now she only had to figure out if she could make good on her word and heal his cracked ribs which she'd never done before actually. But Lee didn't need to know that!

"I'm glad you see it my way for once, Lee."

She remarked and turned to lead the way, her pony tail swinging in the breeze as she headed back to the village, the basket on her arm filled with the stuff she had been out to get originally. Ino looked over when Lee put his hand on her shoulder and she raised a brow, wondering what he had in mind. She rolled her eyes when the chuunin spoke.

"I was never mean and snotty! I think you're mixing me up with Sakura! Well, after she changed and all..."

Ino remarked with a sniff for when the subject of her former best friend was brought up she tended to get all defensive. She watched as Lee passed her and shook her head as she followed, bringing up the rear which was the safest position and always her place which annoyed her sometimes. However, she knew she wasn't good in combat.

Perhaps that would change. When they got back to the hospital Ino went to get the necessary herbs and then put them on a table nearby the bed as she nodded to the chuunin on the bed who was currently staring out the window. "If you could take your shirt off for me." Ino asked as she waited for Lee to do so.

Lee looked at her for a moment. Then he pulled off his vest and then he pulled down the top half of his jump suit. His chest was covered in bandages as he looked at her. It was from all of his intense training that he needed them. "Don't mind the bandages...It is from other wounds." Lee smiled.

"You have changed Ino. Though I guess Sakura has changed to." Lee said to her as he looked out the window. "Even still I doubt her changes will help me find my way into her heart." Lee sighed. "So, what have you been up to as of late without having to contend against Sakura for Sasuke?" Lee asked in curiosity.

She watched as Lee took off his vest and pulled down the top half of his jumpsuit to reveal the bandages that covered his chest and Ino took a deep breath to calm herself down in order to reach her chakra pool as Sakura had taught her. The shinobi undid the bandages from around Lee's chest and placed them to the side as she laid her hands on his warm skin and felt herself flush somewhat. Lee's proximity was close but he was her patient so why was she feeling like this? Odd. Decidedly odd. Maybe it was just that she hadn't been with a guy for a long time that had been half-naked. Yes, that must be it.

"You still like her?" Ino inquired as she gazed at Lee, wondering what Lee saw in Sakura even though the girl had made it clear she wasn't really interested in Lee in that particular way. "Well we're still vying for the spot of best healer in the village other than Tsunade of course. But as for matters of the heart, we don't really have anything to fight over at the moment, I think she has begun to like Naruto though but I can't be entirely sure." She said with a nod, not showing any emotion about that since she didn't really like Naruto in that way so if Sakura wanted him then she could have him, Ino couldn't stand being around Naruto when it wasn't for a mission.

He wasn't that bad in missions but personally? Ugh. For some reason she just didn't like his personality when it came to women, he was like that Jiraiya pervert in so many ways - at least Choji wasn't so vulgar in his peeping, not that Choji peeped, he was more the type to eat everything in sight. Shikamaru was actually quite talented though she had to admit and the only fault she could find with him was that he was extremely lazy when he wasn't on a mission or had something bothering him. It was intriguing how he came up with ideas though for it seemed as though he wasn't thinking about anything and then all of a sudden he would come up with a brilliant plan.

Ino closed her eyes and concentrated and a small pool of greenish light appeared beneath her palms as it hovered over Lee's chest, healing the outer wounds as she made her way further inside, searching for the broken ribs. She breathed deeply, trying to calm herself further as she sought out the broken bones and found them finally deep inside and she slowed her movement until she was right next to them. The greenish pool under her palms glowed somewhat as she poured more chakra into it and then more as she watched the broken bones repair themselves and fuse back together again and then the light faded from her palms and Ino collapsed on top of Lee, her face in his now healed chest.

Even his old injuries were healed as well. The only thing that remained was Lee's broken arm which Ino had fortunately not fallen on.

Lee merely watched her do her work. "Well, I guess it probably is silly to still like her....Though I am not one to give up easily. With great will and determination I am able to be a splendid Shinobi. So, if I just use the same will I can surely win her over." Lee said though he sighed, "Aw what is the use...Most girls just look at me strangely."

After only a bit of sulking he looked at her, "Though you should admire your competitiveness with Sakura. See it helps you to prefect your technique." Lee says to her as he waited a bit longer till the ribs were healed. "Heh, I envy you..." Lee says before he notices she is past out. Blinking a bit at the situation he slowly gets out of bed holding onto Ino.

Then using one arm he carries her on his back. Of course he put his jumpsuit back on all the way. Then he carried her off to her home. "Hello are you Ino's mom? Hi, she passed out healing most of my wounds.... I decided to take her back here so she can rest." Ino's mom merely looked at him oddly but, let him in to place her in her bed. Then as she slept he bowed. "Thank you Ino." With that he left a letter stating how thankful he was.

Once again Rock Lee was back at training now that only his arm needed healing.

Tsunade-sama had been an excellent teacher despite her first misgivings about it. Haruno Sakura's will and determination had become apparent from the very beginning and showed the Hokage that the student she had taken on had great potential to grow and learn in the field she had chosen. In the present Sakura was a skilled and talented young woman in the field of medicine and had even picked up some of Tsunade's traits and trademark abilities which was quite impressive, much like Naruto himself had learned Rasengan from Jiraiya. Now Sakura was considered one of the best medical ninjas in the entire world, definitely the best in Konoha with the exception of Tsunade of course.

Ino was jealous of her but that felt good. Sakura loved to come out on top ahead of her former best friend. She didn't really know what she and Ino really were to each other, sometimes they were enemies but sometimes they were friends, it all depended on the situation and what it was they were after. If it was a mission of importance they would be able to work together but if it was anything less than that sometimes their emotions got ahead of them and they ended up fighting. They didn't mean to, it just sort of happened. Now, outside of missions was a different story and when it came to love they always fought for some reason... No matter.

Sakura was currently working on developing a new remedy for healing broken bones, not the really serious kind but the kind that took a long time to heal such as broken ribs and broken digits such as fingers and toes. Broken arms and legs were a bit more complicated since there were more bones and tendons to heal and place in just the right places so she couldn't do that yet with a medicine. But broken ribs just needed to be re-aligned and healed together again and broken digits were similar to the ribs since there was only one bone to work with so that was acceptable. Sakura knew this had never been done before but she was experimenting with things.

Hoping that someday she would become as good as Kabuto had been when Konoha had believed he was working on their side. She could learn a few things from Kabuto although she would never admit that for he was a traitorous snake and she wanted nothing to do with him. But she had to admit that he was good at what he did. The whole point to this medicine remedy of hers was to make a potion or lotion or cream or liquid or something that when applied to the afflicted area would be able to heal the aforementioned injuries within an hour of being applied. If she was able to do it, perhaps if the patient applied more of the substance to a certain area it would work better on more serious injuries.

She wasn't entirely sure about that part but trial and error would be her savior and Sakura was excited about this. Needing to rest a bit, Sakura put her experimental potions and ingredients away to relax her mind a bit and returned to making up some of the normal poultices for the injured shinobi in the next few rooms, making up about five of them before she ran out of ingredients. Where was Ino? She should have been back by now. Sakura shook her head as she took the five poultice bandages and went out of the lab to one of the rooms that held the patients as she carefully put some on each person to ease their pain a bit and then headed out to the forest.

Ino shouldn't be out here but if she found her here talking to someone, Sakura would let her have a piece of her mind, courtesy of Tsunade! She picked her way through the foliage and came across Rock Lee in his green jumpsuit and went over to him. Sakura was dressed in pink clothing that matched her short pink hair and she had a thin headband holding some strands away from her eyes as she cleared her throat. "Did you happen to see Ino around here, Lee? She was supposed to get some herbs so we could make more poultices for the injured shinobi inside..."

Lee saw Sakura come by soon enough, "Oh Ino...Yes I did. She is back at her home unfortunately. She exhausted alot of her chakra mending my broken ribs. If you needed her for anything then let me take her place till she has had enough rest." Lee asked her. Lee really hoped she'd say yes cause to be with Sakura would be the nicest thing ever.

Lee's arm was in a sling so it wouldn't get in his way. "I know my arm is broken but, I can still help!" Lee looked at her softly.

Sakura listened to what Lee had to say and raised a brow when he told her that Ino was back at home and she was about to go give the girl a piece of her mind when she heard what Ino had been doing.

"Really? She healed your injuries?"

She asked, finding it hard to believe for Ino had never really shown much interest in Lee before and she hadn't ever used her medical ninjutsu to heal the amount of injuries Lee had on his body. That would be more than enough to cause her to collapse. Why had she done this without asking her advice first? Sakura was Ino's teacher after all.

"No, it's okay. She should rest and regain her chakra levels but I do still need those herbs. You busy, Lee? If you could help me look for some that would be a great help but if you're busy training I don't want to take you away from that."

She said as she looked over at Lee waiting to see what he would say.

Lee looks at her as she asks for his help. With a bright smile he nods, "Oh yes Sakura! I'd gladly help you. I'll find whatever you need. You can count on me!" Lee said with some pride in the tone. 'This is my time to show her what I can do. I'll get her those herbs faster than anyone!' Lee thought to himself.

"Can you describe what they look like?" Lee asked her so that she could help him find the herbs.

Sakura knew of Lee's interest in her but she had turned him down before for she'd been interested in Sasuke at the time. But now that Sasuke was out of the picture having gone over to the dark side, she was looking more at Naruto than she usually did but wasn't entirely sure that would go anywhere. She hadn't yet thought of the possibility of being with Lee for she wasn't sure she could take his personality for too long. During a mission was one thing but elsewhere? Then again, Lee was a really nice guy... Sakura sighed as she shook her head and was glad that Lee had time to spare for her even if it wasn't going to get him a date with her it was nice to have some help since Ino had bailed on her.

Once more she had to remind herself that Ino hadn't intended to bail but for some reason had decided to heal Lee's injuries and pass out because of the strain she put on herself. Still, it had been her fault and Sakura intended to give her a little lecture when she woke up and reported back to her! The chuunin shinobi looked back over at Lee when the green-suit clad ninja asked what the herbs she was searching for looked like and she nodded as she handed him the four types of herbs they were looking for. She had brought each kind so she could have a reference as she looked for them.

"Well this one is called Aloe Vera which has been used as far back as the 4th century B.C. for its medicinal purposes. The plant itself is a green spiny shrub that produces close to 25 leaves, forming an attractive rosette appearance."

Sakura told Lee, probably telling him more about the plant itself than he wanted to know. But she tended to do those sort of things when she got talked into describing it since Tsunade-sama had always had her tell her everything there was to know about whatever it was she was asked. The more the better because knowing more was better than knowing less.

"The next herb I need are the leaves that we use in green tea because it helps the immune system recover, treats headaches, depression and stomach problems among other things. I also need the leaves from one of the Ginkgo biloba trees here in the forest. You can find these trees by looking for old ones since these types of trees can live as long as 1000 years. These leaves when used by me can increase blood flow to the brain which in turn get rid of circulatory problems."

She told Lee and as they moved along through the forest she let him know the last herb she needed.

"Last but not least we need Cascara Sagrada which is an herbal laxative that comes from the red-tinted bark of a Rhamnus purshiana tree."

Sakura told Lee and looked over at him to make sure she hadn't lost him. He probably was lost. No one really was into the stuff she talked about for it all revolved around medical ninjutsu. Only those related to the field were interested in it. She wouldn't be surprised if Lee simply backed out of this and wouldn't hold it against him.

Aloe Vera, Green Tea, Ginkgo, Cascara Sagrada
aloe-vera-image.gif
green-tea.gif
ginkgo-biloba.gif
cascara-sagrada.gif

Though she hadn't notice but, Lee had already out a pencil and paper. He jotted down notes of everything she said. "Ok, anything else I can learn about these plants?" Rock Lee said with much interest. "It is amazing you know so much about these. I'll truly gain from your knowledge Sakura." Lee said with a smile.

Lee even had made doodles of what each plant looked like. "If I can't get these to you in under ten minutes then I shall get you ten fold more of them." Lee promised her as she would most likely think he was insane to think he could. Though he was one of the fastest Shinobi around.

Sakura looked over at Lee, surprised that he was actually still going to help her and she gave him a slight smile as she shook her head.

"No, not really. That's all I can really tell you about them unless you want to see them in action later on when I make the remedies."

She said and nodded when Lee said it was amazing that she knew so much about them and she chuckled.

"When you are Tsunade-sama's student you need to know everything rather than just enough to get by because she likes to test you. If you're not ready you disappoint her and you don't want to do that."

Sakura informed Lee and raised a brow when he made the finding of herb plants into an exercise but then she shouldn't have expected less than that from Might Gai's student's.

"I'm counting on you, Lee. I'll find you again in ten minutes then to check up on your progress."

She said with a smile and watched as he set off to find the herb plants in question as she went into the forest on her own as well. Sakura would be able to find him again easily for she could track his chakra which would tell her exactly where they were.

Once in the forest he sighed. Closing his eyes as he visualized each plant and where it was. Opening his eyes he used his uninjured hand to remove his training weights off his legs. Soon enough he blasted off in search of them. His body bounced through the forest like a bullet as his eyes were keen on looking for these herbs. "Gotcha." With that he hit a tree to slow himself down and bounced off it towards the plant. 'Have to do this quickly without hurting the plant....' As his body hurtled towards the plan he opened his free hand and snatched it perfectly. As his feet met the ground again he quickly shot up again.

Rock Lee then used his free fingers to open his bag. Pulling out a container he put the herbs in. He continued this mode of collecting for the whole 10 minutes. Which sure enough he got all the plants without causing any damage to them. Lee landed back where they were talking as he panted heavily.

Sakura wondered if Lee could actually accomplish what he had said and although she did have faith in the shinobi at the same time she wasn't sure if it was possible. He didn't even know where such plants were until just a few moments ago.

Then again, Lee had a talent of surprising others when the matter was important enough to him. Sakura knew that he liked her or had liked her before but she wasn't sure whether his love was still as strong as it had been back in the past.

She didn't even know how she felt about that. But since he didn't bring it up and she wasn't about to, things should be fine. Sakura looked up at the sun and saw that ten minutes had gone by and she closed her eyes to reach out with her senses.

Lee was back at the place where she had met him originally and she headed back to that area with a little bag hanging out of her hand which she had brought with her and stuffed in her waistband earlier. It was a quarter of the way filled with some herbs.

"Did you find any?"

Sakura asked as she looked over at Lee...

Lee smiles at her, "I got what you needed Sakura. I'll do anything to prove my worth and love to you." Lee said still determined as ever to win her over. "Well, I better be off. I want to make sure Ino is doing ok. It is my fault after all that she wiped all her chakra out." Lee said walking off. Lee brought some food as he headed there. Asking to come in to visit her he slowly opened her door. "Ino are you awake?"

Sakura was somewhat surprised when Lee gave her the herbal leaves from the plants she had described earlier and shook her head as she placed each type in a small plastic bag to carry it back to the village.

"I have to admit I am surprised you were able to do all this and I do appreciate it Lee."

She told her and reached over to give him a hug and smiled at him when he told her that he would do anything to prove his worth and love for her and Sakura realized he still loved her the same way he used to.

That would be awkward if he wanted her to return his feelings when she didn't really feel that way about him and she sighed to herself but kept that from reaching her outward face for she didn't want to make him feel down.

However, she didn't want to give him the wrong impression either. Being wanted felt nice but also was a bitch to try and juggle if you had to let someone down easy for no matter how you put it, the fact remained that they were being let down.

"I need to get back anyway so that works out. I'll see you around, okay Lee? Oh and tell me how Ino is doing unless I see her before you see me."

Sakura said and waved to Lee as she headed off back to the medical wing.

---

Ino had passed out from overusing her abilities when she had no experience in doing so in the first place. Only around twenty minutes had passed and she was still out cold. Most likely she would recover within an hour or two since she had used up nearly all of her reserves of chakra considering she didn't know how to control the levels like Sakura did.

If Sakura had done it she wouldn't have any drained herself at all and Ino envied that about her. She also knew that if she had asked for Sakura's aid she probably would have been able to remain conscious and not used up everything she had but Ino wanted to do it all on her own without help. This was what had happened as a result. Ino's mother shook her head when Lee came to the house.

"She hasn't woken up yet and is currently replenishing her chakra. She should be better in an hour or two if you want to come back then. Or you can wait here."

They told him and Ino continued to sleep...

Lee looked at her with a nod, "I'll stay her then," Lee said to her, "is there anything I could do to help you while I wait for her to wake up?" Lee asked curiously to her. Though probably she'd decline the offer since he did after all had a broken arm.

An hour later Ino's eyes fluttered as she started to wake up and realized that she was in a bed and she didn't remember getting there. She'd probably passed out in one of the hospital beds in the medical wing and then she recalled Lee and fixing him up and her eyes flew open to see a familiar room.

It looked like hers but that couldn't be possible since she was in the Hokage's tower. That was when she saw Lee by her bedside and her eyes widened as she took in the young shinobi's form and wondered if he had been here all along and despite herself, Ino thought that was rather sweet of him.

"Don't tell me you were here all along waiting for me to wake up, Lee?"

She asked, half expecting him to say he hadn't been as she gazed at Lee, sitting up in bed and felt somewhat drained but definitely better than before. Ino could sense that her chakra was returning bit by bit from the overuse and was glad that shinobi could regain chakra so quickly. That was a skill that could be used in battle quite effectively.

"Sorry for passing out on you like that, I guess I was feeling tired at the time."

Lee looked at her, "Well, I brought you back here and then helped Sakura with collecting herbs. It was the least I could do for you." Lee smiled at her, "Oh I brought you food. It should help you replenish your chakra faster." He then gave her the bag of food. Then he politely sat back down at the chair. "I learned alot about herbs too. So it was quite interesting." Lee told her.

Ino's long blonde pony tail swung from side to side as she shifted her position on the bed, letting her legs curl up so she was sitting Indian style and accepted the bag of food.

"Thank you, Lee. What did you get me?"

She asked curiously and looked up when he told her that he had helped Sakura collect herbs and Ino made a face.

"Oh great, I forgot to tell Sakura what happened. I'm guessing you let her know?"

Ino ran a hand through her blonde bangs that dipped down into her face now and then and sighed, wondering what Sakura had made of the fact that she had helped heal Lee, someone she hadn't really been known to like that much, and that had made her pass out. Great. Just what she needed.

"You learned about herbs and found them interesting? Really? It's a shame you can't do medical ninjutsu, Lee. You might be really good at it."

She said with a sigh and a shake of her head.

Lee looked at her, "Oh some curry, bread, and ramen." He relaxed in the chair a bit. "I told her about how you helped me. I doubt she'll be too angry. You were after all doing something nice for me." Lee told her as he looked at his arm. "Besides it is not your fault anyways. If you didn't see me training you wouldn't have felt the need to help me."

Lee then looked at the ceiling, "Me a medical-nin? I doubt it. That takes more than just knowledge but, fine chakra control. Besides you'll probably surpass Sakura and maybe even Tsunade." Lee said with a reassuring smile.

Back
Top Bottom