Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Asset (Avengers) Moon/Lady

he nodded, swallowing thickly. "okay... kay." he whispered, relaxing again at the promise that Tony wouldn't go anywhere without him. he needed Tony. he was better, but sometimes he had days where nothing at all made sense and everyone was out to kill him and somehow Tony always made it better. "Okay Tony." he agreed now that he knew Tony wasn't going to leave him. wasn't going to go anywhere without him. he could handle it for a day or so, he was sure of that. but a week? he didn't think that would work well at all. and even a day would leave him very strained and troubled and he'd probably spend the whole time in his Closet. he was still a bit off kilter by the time they got to the Tower, but he could handle it easily enough. Steve on the other hand, was nowhere to be seen and it was Bruce who was cooking.

Phil smiled a little as he gently kissed the other. "another twenty minutes. go ahead and enjoy the float." he promised as he finished washing the other up and gently picked him up and carried him to the bed and settled him there while he went to clean himself up. then he dressed them both, since TJ was clearly not in any state to dress himself. "hey guys!" Clint stated as he bounced in. "something's wrong with... aaaw! you had sexy times without me! and you used the ropes! phiiiiiil." Clint whined, completely derailed. Phil laughing as he shook his head. "i thought it might be nice for TJ to have some one on one time." he admitted, not looking bothered by Clint's whining in the least.

“I promise, not going anywhere without you. Ever. I wont.”Tony promised pressing closer to him, holding onto him tightly before going quiet as they walked into the tower. Frowning at the sight of bruce cooking. Looking around for a moment.”...Where’s Cap?”Tony said his voice holding a quiet vulnerable edge even if for the most part his voice sounded brash and amused, james would hear that the billionaire was upset. Glancing at james he sighed quietly, nudging him. “He’d probably be willing to talk to you...I mean...if it’s really what upset him....I’ll stay down here and cook, then come get you guys when dinner’s ready...”He muttered looking worried, and wanting both his boyfriend and best friend to be okay.

“kay...”TJ muttered sighing as he snuggled into the bed, smiling a little as he let the other dress him, looking up at clint as he bounced him, “..ropes are fun...don’t whine. We’ll use them again. He promised to tie you up for me.”TJ smiled at the other nuzzling his cheek against phil’s hand as the man helped him into his shirt before frowning, starting to come up more. “You said there was something wrong?”He asked frowning slightly.

James smiled at Tony and nodded. "okay." he muttered. he believed Tony. Tony always told the truth and he never went back on a promise. "...uh..." Bruce hesitated an thn sighed. "...Cap's not feeling well." Bruce hedged. "i don't think it would be a good idea for anyone to be near him right now... i'm not sure if he's having a PTSD flashback moment or if it's something else but he's not really... safe, right now." Bruce admitted, looking extremely concerned and worried. "...i'll go look after him." James promised. "i think i can help. you stay here okay?" James asked, looking at Tony. who was still mostly human and could get hurt bad if Steve was worse than he thought. "i'll be back in fifty. with or without Steve." he promised.

he chuckled a little as Clint brightened. "really?! you like it huh?" Clint asked with a grin. "good. Phil has a thing for ropes." he admitted with a chuckle. "and i really like being tied up so it works... oh... uh, Steve's gone insane. Bruce thinks it might be a PTSD episode. either way he sort of smashed up the living room and is now completely blind drunk so we might be canceling the party and having it after Tony and James get back." he admitted, looking worried and upset. "i've never seen Steve like this before..."

“...James?”Tony muttered glancing at the other super soldier, wanting his opinion on what to do before nodding. “I’ll stay here. If you’re not out in a hour, I’ll come get you.”Tony warned watching the other, kissing him hard before watching the other go. Glancing at his watch for a moment to see what time it was before settling into helping bruce if he could. Really just trying not to be worried about his two super soldiers.

“Yea, that was fun.”TJ smiled before frowning, “...Fucking hell. I knew him not telling them what was wrong was going to be a mess.”TJ growled sounding utterly worried.

And while Tony had waited, it was almost a hour and a half before he ventured upstairs to check on steve and james, having listened to bruce’s words for a bit, and stayed away to give james time, but after a half hour longer then man had been utterly anxious and worried to much to stay way. Stepping out of the elevator he swallowed hard as he held the hologram version of the shield, and while he was in no way as good with it as steve was, the genius had used the hologram shield before enough to know that it would offer some protection just in case he walked in on a fight. “Jamie?Cap?”

James nodded, giving Tony a kiss before he headed up the stairs. "it'll be okay Tony. even if they get into a fight they'll heal before tomorrow anyway." Bruce promised. "come have some Coffee."

Clint looked puzzled and Phil sighed. "if you had you'd have betrayed Steve's trust." he explained. "it's better that you didn't. Steve doesn't trust well or easy." he admitted. "Jarvis? how is Steve?" "Captain Rogers is currently curled up in a ball crying, but Sergeant James is going to assist. i believe that he will have good chances in helping Captain Rogers recuperate." Jarvis assured them. "you'll give us an update when James is... finished?" "Of Course Sir.

an hour and a half later and Bucky wasn't entirely sure what had happened. he'd gone to speak to Steve and the man had started throwing punches. they where both bruised. Steve had a split lip and James had a black eye and he was pretty sure he had a broken nose. either way there was blood all over the floor. from his nose and Steve's gashed open forehead. and then they'd been kissing and Bucky had allowed it because he liked Steve and knew Tony did too. so he'd bent the suddenly complaint Steve over the wet bar and fucked him silly. and was still fucking the moaning captain when Tony walked in, neither of them really aware that Tony was there.

“I know I know, but this, this is going to be a fucking mess. And you two know it. No matter what he says, Tony’s not stable enough to handle whatever’s going to happen.”TJ pointed out looking worried as he slumped back into the bed, sighing. “J?If he leaves, tell us to.”TJ said, even if he didn’t know what was happening two floors up, he knew Tony well enough, knew that whatever the men did, tony’s tendency to run away would kick in.

Tony paused as he walked into the living room, eyes wide and blown, pain in that look as he realized what he was seeing. The shield dropping from suddenly boneless fingers, the hologram not even making a sound as it vanished, the quiet pained whimpers escaping the billionaire’s chest as he backed away. Oh.oh. this made sense. Why the two had always been inseparable, why Steve had been so weird for the whole time James and Tony had been together...why his best friend hadn’t been able to look at him for a week. What hurt the worst was that James hadn’t thought to tell him he didn’t want to be with him anymore, hadn’t thought enough of him to tell him he’d been getting some relief while Tony fretted over not being able to have sex. But it explained why the man hadn’t been upset with him. And so, the emotionally stunted, utterly repressed genius did the one thing he did best, retreated to regroup so he’d be able to face the idea of his boyfriend leaving him for his best friend. Yea....he could handle this. Barely making it back to the penthouse before he was crying he hit the emergency brake, curling up in the bottom of the elevator as he cried, hiding, crying, struggling to get control, knowing he needed to leave. After a few minutes he stumbled to his feet, wiping his face clean, eyes bloodshot as he stumbled to his room to finish packing his things, pausing as he considered who to tell he was leaving. Before....”Jarvis?Will you tell Phil that I decided to leave tonight for Geneva instead of the morning?Something came up.”Tony said quietly even as he headed for the workshop, ignoring the AI who was trying to get him to talk, even as he started suiting up, the newly redone iron man suit starting to close around him as he prepared to leave. Not even willing to wait long enough to take a quinjet, simply taking the suit, he could buy anything else he needed over there.

Phil nodded. "i know. i also know that Steve will blame himself and that James won't understand." "...that's why James has been asking all those questions about our threesome?" Clint asked, suddenly understanding. "he thinks Tony wants a threesome with Steve..." he paused. "...actually, i think they all do, they just don't want to admit it... this is going to be a fuck up of epic proportions..." he muttered with a sigh before freezing as Jarvis told Phil that was Tony was leaving. "Shit!" and with that Phil was on his feet and racing for Tony's lab. "Jarvis! Stall him! Don't let him leave!" he ordered, but it was too late. Tony was gone. "...crap." he knew better than to try and call Tony. the man wouldn't answer. he headed up the stairs instead to see what had happened and nodded. he'd thought so. James had fucked Steve... and they'd beat the shit out of each other. he sighed and headed back down, shaking his head when he saw Clint and TJ looking at him. "Tony's gone... he must have seen James fucking Steve into the wet bar and bolted..." he sighed. "we'll have to wait for Tony to come back."

in the morning, most of the tower had been destroyed when James had discovered tony 'Missing'. only Steve had been able to calm the enraged and upset assassin down and since then James had curled up inside of his closet and refused to come out. Steve had called Tony Six times over the next three and a half days and eventually just left the tower entirely, hoping that Tony would come back if Steve moved out. he called one last time and admitted to everything, how he'd been bitchy because he'd been in love with Tony and how he'd been a couple with James during the war. admitted that he'd known it was wrong to want them when they had finally been so happy, and to please not take it out on James when it was Steve's fault for being sick enough to want them anyway. he told Tony he'd moved out of the tower and that he would never ever bother them again unless it was to save the world. he never realized that Tony wouldn't get the message, that a whore in Prada was making sure Tony was nice and pliable and helpless when the people from Hydra came to get him. Pepper Potts had drugged Tony, and when he woke up, he would be all alone, in a danky little cell. where? he wouldn't know, and neither would anyone else.

”Yea. Pretty much, but tony’s not stable enough to understand they want him to. He’ll think they just want each other, since well, they were a couple before.”TJ sighed tired wincing as he realized Tony was leaving, looking tired as he nodded. “There’s nothing else to do. We’ll have to wait him out.”He muttered.

When someone at home finally realized it was more, it was natasha. Walking into the apartment, Natasha cleared her throat a little as she looked at clint. Worry flickering over her face even as she texted Steve to get him back to the tower,even texting Johnny to get him to come to. “Tony’s missing.”She said simply. “Yea, he’s been gone for nearly a week.”TJ pointed out as he sipped his OJ, so close to breaking that it was painful to see. “No, he never made it to the convention. The director just called. He arrived in geneva, there’s reports of iron man flying in, but after that..Clint. I need you to go up with me when I talk to Jamie.”She shrugged, fear and worry tightening her features even as she dialed steve. “Captain, I don’t care what your personal feelings are right now. One of your team is MIA, and we need you here.”she snarled being brutally honest.

Tony groaned a little from where he was laying on the floor, looking utterly lost and confused how in...”Anthony. I must apologize for our meeting like this, but you have information we need.”Pepper potts purred as she crouched down next to the helpless billionaire and stroked his hair, studying the man who had loved her enough that even know he leaned into her hand. So broken by the knowledge that james and steve were together, had been together for awhile, that he didn’t even try to fight as the torture started.

Clint looked worried as he realized Toy was missing missing and not just running away. "fuck... shit." he whispered, horrified. "where could he be? where is the Iron Man suit!?" he demanded of Jarvis, only to reply that it was in Tony's hotel in the Suitcase. it had not been taken with him. "fuck... alright. maybe he'll be better if he realizes Tony hasn't abandoned him, but has rather been Taken from him." Clint muttered, glancing at Phil who nodded. "Clint and i will handle James." he promised Natasha. "i think i can hold him down if i have to." he admitted. "it's been a long time since i've had to use my skills as a Fey, but i can and will if i have to." he promised as he stood up and followed Clint up to Tony's rooms to talk to James. Steve didn't reply, he just hung u and headed straight for the tower, stepping in five minutes later, proving that he hadn't gone far. "Tony's not running away then? something happened?" Steve asked, looking oh so hopeful.

the torture lasted hours, but it wasn't much. not on a civilian as brilliant as Tony Stark. they where hoping to use his brain after all, even if they couldn't get information from him. not to mention, he would be useful in controlling James. still, they where certainly trying to break him, break his mind so all that wonderful genius would be theirs, and theirs alone. "...Mister Stark." a soft voice whispered in the darkness of his cell once all the others had left. even Pepper. there was a sliding sound and a bowl full of... well it looked like slime was slid into the room with a glass of water. "...i am Vladd." the voice whispered, thick with a rough sort of accent. the person settled into a sitting position just outside of Tony's cell. "i was the handler for 1103A, known as The Asset..." he admitted softly. "i was doing my best to eliminate the brainwashing. i must have done enough that he went against his orders. i had hoped that he would be able to completely free himself, even if he couldn't become whoever he was before." Vladd admitted. "i thought myself in love with him you know... i need you to stay strong Tony Stark. 1103A needs you to be strong. they have you here because he loves you. according to the reconnaissance, 1103A has locked himself in a closet and has refused to come out when you left him behind. completely inconsolable. you need to stay strong for him, because if they break you, then they will use you to control him. don't let that happen. please. i will do my best to protect you, even break you out if i can, but you must stay strong."

“He will. And he knows Hydra better then anyone. He’ll know where to look in that part of the world.”Natasha said swallowing hard, knowing that if anyone could figure out where tony stark was at the moment, it was James. Watching the other two leave before she moved to tony’s penthouse, looking for clues, maybe something was here to be a tip off. Nodding quietly at steve’s question. “He did run away. He saw you, but he’s been out of touch this long because he’s really missing. I talked to the hotel, he arrived the night he left here, but after that nothing. I’m heading there now if you want to go with me. The others, are getting james, and planning to look through hydra’s bases. I thought we’d start at the other end and follow tony, and meet in the middle.”Natasha said swallowing hard.

Tony swallowed hard as he startled pressing back against the wall at the sound of the voice, staring at the bowl, frowning slightly. “...He...he told me about you.”He said quietly, remembering the talks he and James had had about the handler who’d treated him differently then the others. “,,,,I will try. You know who is working for them. I...I have no defenses against her.”Tony said quietly,,the strands of his once beautiful voice sounding broken and strain because while he could be angry with pepper, could kick her out, she had known him long enough to waltz through his defenses easily. And the torture well, that had been a whole different level when it came to pepper, because she knew what would break him without breaking him into utter uselessness, and torturing him to the point he couldn’t talk, had no way to give voice to the ideas and needs, would kill him. All he could do was pray he could hold it together long enough for the other’s to come for him....well. He hoped they were coming for him.

"shit. i thought so... i didn't mean to." he admitted, looking at Natasha, as if begging her to not blame him. or maybe to blame him. "i was... there where so many memories. and then Bucky was there and he was acting like Bucky and smelled like Bucky and was touching me like Bucky..." he shook his head. "that's no excuse... i know it isn't..." he whispered as he sighed. "i'm going with." he agreed softly as he stood up. "we'll need to talk to James first. he might know..." "Tony is in one of three locations." James stated simply, wearing the special outfit Tony had made him with so many weapons you almost had to worry about Jarvis sounding an alarm. he was even wearing his face mask again, and he was totally in Winter Soldier mode. "we will hit the south position first. it is a training facility for new recruits. it is where they break new soldiers and fit them to make them obedient and unafraid of anyone but their handler. Tony is most likely to be there, if he is not then we will hit the middle location. it is a place where they hold and interrogate prisoners. it is small, easily missed but i know where it is. if he's not there we'll hit the north position. it's a stronghold similar to what one might call a headquarters. it is where i am supposed to check in after a mission. they will choose one of those three locations simply because they know i will know them. they want me to go after them, so they can contain and control me again. if the good captain agrees... i might have a plan." James admitted, glancing at Steve who nodded. "i'll get the rope." he promised. as if he already knew what James wanted, maybe he did.

"he did? i am glad i could help him. the poor man." Vladd admitted with a sigh. "you know, i am the only person who never used the Whip on him? it's coated in a chemical to make every lash hurt, even with his pain sensory so diminished he can't even tell it hurts when he's been shot. never sexually abused him either. i couldn't bring myself to. it seamed so wrong to use him like that when he neither got pleasure from it, nor understood what it was." James had said as much himself of his previous handler. "of course you have defenses against her, stupid man. she has been working on making you weak for years. has been intending this from the moment she met you." Vladd stated. "every word she speaks is lies. who do you love more Tony stark? the woman who betrayed you, or the man who is now readying himself to attack this place to reclaim you? if you cannot stay strong and defiant for yourself, then do it for 1103A, who will break if he finds you broken, and will be used to wage war against the world." he looked at Tony, eyes gleaming in the darkness. "they will use him to kill the Avengers. starting with Captain America, and ending with the Hammond's. you must stay strong. if not for yourself, then for all the people you love. and who love you." he paused as he heard a door opening. "i must go... eat the Protein Glop. it is not drugged, they don't dare, not with Extremis in your system. be strong, Tony! be strong!" and with that the man was gone.

“I know. And if it’d been anyone but tony, this would have gone better. But you should have listened to TJ.”She scolded lightly, not blaming him, but not forgiving him either, wouldn’t, couldn’t forgive either of them for this until Tony was back. Looking up at James when the man came in she nodded, eyes searching the winter soldier’s face, wondering if he had any idea what tony was going through. And not wanting to know. Not yet. Glancing at Steve she frowned before nodding. “I’ll go get the quinjet ready. You can explain the plan once we’re in the air.”she said already heading for the plane, needing to get moving. Because while she’d never admit it, she had come to care for tony. “Take care of yourselves, and bring tony home.”TJ muttered as he looked up at his boys looking anxious, “I’ll handle things here. If shield’s noticed he’s gone, other’s have notied Tony’s gone.”TJ muttered trying to stay in control.

“...I know. For the last two months it’s been me who’s woken up with him.....had to explain what the hell sex was like...or why it was supposed to be enjoyable.”Tony sighed quietly trembling a little before growling in annoyance as he rested his head back against the wall, “...I wont let them have Jamie back.Or the others. They’re mine.”Tony said his voice a broken growl so much like James’ when he first arrived at the tower it was painful to hear his usual voice so low and pained. “....When I get out of here. I’m going to destroy hydra for making me eat this shit. It was bad enough I had to listen to Jamie whine cause he couldn’t have it.”Tony grumbled defiant and angry even as he started to eat, trying not to think about what it meant that a door had opened, simply concentrating on being angry and pissed and utterly disgusted with the glop as he ate it.

Tony nodded. "i should have, but i felt so sick, selfish for wanting it when they where so happy... now I've ruined everything and maybe even gotten Tony killed..." he whispered, voice wrecked before took several sharp breaths and forced himself together. this was what made him a good captain. he could lead with a clear head even through his own emotions no matter how bad off he was. "This is going to hurt." James warned Steve once they where in the Quinjet, Steve nodding. "i know. it's worth it for Tony." anything for Tony. James just nodded, sharp before he explained tot he others in the jet what he was going to do. he as going to rough Steve up hard, and then make it look as if he was trading Captain America for Tony. once he was inside, the others would slip into various positions and kill anything that moved. and James did mean anything. they got close to the landing and James efficiently beat the shit out of Steve, who took it all without a word or a sound. in ways it made it easier, in ways it made it worse. then he tied Steve up, arms behind his back, making him look helpless using the thick bondage rope Coulson had supplied. it looked thick enough that Steve couldn't break them, and he couldn't. however, Coulson had shown them how to tie it so that it looked like he was tied up, but wasn't actually. Steve could just slip his hands free. once inside it was a bloodbath. a vicious one and James did indeed kill everything, even the group of children that had been brainwashed and attacked him. he did not, however hurt any of the toddlers or babies, who had not been trained yet. who sat there huddled in groups crying terror. Shield was on it's way to collect them and admit them into social services. it was on to the next task. the middle point.

"i am glad you where there for him Tony Stark." Vladd admitted. "i am glad you gave him joy and happiness. "they are yours. yours to protect Tony." Vladd agreed, smiling. he knew he had manipulated Tony. Tony Stark would do anything to protect those he loved. he fled before his superiors caught him and soon enough Pepper and two well dressed men where there. "Up, Stark." one of the men ordered. "The Asset struck quicker than we expected. you've been here a week, did you know?" the man asked, sounding strangely smug and amused. "your nearly broken. i know you are. i think you'll break completely once you've realized what the Asset has done." he taunted, forcing Tony to his feet and cuffing him so he couldn't physically struggle. he pushed Tony into a chair and tied him to it, examining the man. scowling when he realized that Tony seamed more energized. "work with him." he ordered Pepper, Break him, i don't care what you have to do so long as he's still useful to us." he ordered. "the Asset will be here in about four hours, with a bloody Captain America in tow. i want them both under my command." he growled, looking wickedly pleased. "imagine, two super-soldiers under our power. yes, it will be wonderful." the man purred as he stalked off. leaving Pepper alone with Tony yet again.

Tony stumbled as he was pulled up, looking disgusted with the men and pepper, paling. Worried at that, his stomach twisting at the idea that he’d been gone so long and it’d taken his team this long to find him. Well, not that he could really blame them. He’d been the one who’d left, but he had hoped someone would look for him. “No, no I’m not. Better me then you have tried to break me.”tony said eyes slanting towards pepper, looking her over. “Yes, that’s right, Tony. Your boy is trading your best friend. Sick sentimentally you’ve put into the weapon.”Pepper sneered. “Better then you, whore.”Tony said choking as he was punched. Oh yea, it was going to be a long four hours, but he could do this. He knew they were on their way, he just had to live long enough for his team to get him. By the time the four hours past the man was slumped bonelessly into the chair, voice and body broken, but not him. Knowing the boys, and the rest of the team-because there was no way it’d just be james and steve- were coming for him, kept him from breaking. Knowing that he had to keep it together to protect them, and TJ, and Johnny, and everyone else he cared for made him look up at Pepper as she pulled away from him, messy brown hair sticking to his forehead as he glared at her. “Was it...all a lie?” “Of course, Mr. Stark. It was simply the easiest way to deal with a man-whore.”Pepper said patting his cheek, smirking as he flinched under her touch even as she started to dress again. “Now we must be going. Your super soldiers have arrived.”She smirked as she pulled her hair back and dressed, looking like the well put together business woman, having been given the task of getting tony to the meeting hall, smirking as the billionaire stumbled after her, naked and broken, thinking she’d broken him in all ways, instead os simply breaking his body.

they hit the middle point and dropped the Quinjet and James paused, inhaling deeply. "Tony is here." he stated simply. "take your positions. Clint, there's an opening on the roof into the Ventilation shafts. use it." Steve ordered. "Natasha, take the back door, shoot anything that moves. Coulson, take that side door, same orders, anything that moves, wait for our signal Clint and drop anyone in the room with us." Steve ordered as he let Bucky rough him up again. "we'll be stalling for time." Steve explained as he slipped his hands into the ropes before staggering for the door as James took Steve's hair in one hand and frog marched the man for the door. Steve was very good at acting incoherent. he 'collapsed' and James forced him back up, causing small pained cries to fall from Steve's lips. all for show. it was believable though and Vladd and Pepper and the Boss standing behind the naked Tony would simply fall for it like good little dead men.

"1103A." Vladd stated, a small smile on his lips and James paused and studied him, cautious before relaxing. as if he was calming at the sight of his handler. "Good boy 1103A." Vladd purred, smiling at him. "come now. drop the super soldier." he ordered and James obeyed, eyes fixed on Vladd as Steve hit the ground with a Grunt, looking up at Tony, hating how broken the man looked. Steve's blue eyes sparkling with rage and fierce protectiveness that told Tony that it was all an act. "I want my Tony back." James ordered, voice strong. "you give him back." "of course 1103A." Vladd soothed. "you can have him, so long as you do what we tell you to." he assured the man, the Boss smirking as James pretended to hesitate, examining Tony. "you hurt him." "only a little 1103A. only a little." he soothed. "he's going to be one of us." he stated, sliding a hand down Tony's arm and pressing something into his fingers. the key to his handcuffs. James sharp eyes watched every movement but made no motion otherwise and the Boss smiled. "don't you miss us, Asset? don't you miss being home?" James just nodded gently, waiting for Cap's signal.

Natasha nodded,”We’ll take care of things, Cap.”Natasha said her eyes ice cold as they all slipped away to their positions, waiting for the signal.

Tony offered a shaky, tired smile at the sight of the super soldiers, eyes following steve as he hit the ground, flinching a little as his eyes skittered away, before his eyes snapped back to James’ face, eyes wide. His tony?Still? The soft hopeful look that crossed his face for a moment showing he wasn’t as broken as he appeared to be, simply strained and breaking, but not gone. Tony’s hand closed around the keys, the slight motion of his wrist the only give away that he’d dislocated his wrist to get it out of the cuffs as he uncuffed himself, the cuffs held in his hand as he watched the scene, snorting a little. “I gotta say, I miss home. I mean, I had to eat that protein shit and-oh fuck.”Tony gasped as pepper smacked him, simply being himself, because well, pepper would have known something was up if he hadn’t been a mouthy bastard about it. Waiting, tense and ready for whatever came next

Steve nearly laughed at the look on Tony's face. how could he not know that James loved him beyond anything else? as soon as Tony was struck James shot her, twice, fierce and snarling. neither Vladd nor the Boss moved. "Don't you lay a fucking finger on MY TONY!" he raged, Vladd whistling, James pausing. "Stand Down Asset." Vladd ordered, his voice sharp and James reflexively settled into an 'at ease' position as Steve struggled to his knees, panting, pretending to be hurt worse than he really was. "well. his reflexes are just as sharp as ever." Vladd muttered, examining Pepper's dead body as Boss chuckled. "yes indeed. good. we'll have to eliminate those pesky emotions of his again though." he muttered. "indeed." Vladd agreed. "1103A." Vladd stated suddenly. "Do your Duty to your handler." Vladd ordered, dropping his voice to a low whisper that only Tony and the Super soldiers could hear. "and get ready to run." he ordered as James braught his gun up and shot the Boss twice, right in the head. not before Boss had shot Vladd though. the Boss easily sensing something was wrong. James made a keening, distressed sort of sound as Steve worked his hands free of the mock restraints and rushed to Tony even as people started to pour into the room. Clint's gunfire slowed them down a great deal, giving Steve the opportunity to help Tony to his feet since James was busy cradling Vladd's dead body to him. clearly the Assassin was going to carry the dead man out. Steve could understand why. Vladd had been spoken of in high regards, he was important to James, like a father figure almost. Vladd had started teaching James right from wrong and while Tony had finished it Vladd had been the only person in Jame's known recollection to be kind to him until Tony.

Tony swallowed hard, flinching as blood and brain splattered against his face, flinching away. Even if he wasn’t in love with her, it was still pepper. And that was nasty. Swallowing hard as his eyes snapped towards Steve as the man got up, he swallowed hard, tensing, getting ready to run. Stumbling a little a vladd fell into him, letting james get him even as he pulled his handcuffs away, looking at steve.”Go.I can walk.”Tony growled even as he let Steve help him walk though, stumbling a little. To hurt o be functioning right, and glad that clint, natasha, and phil’s gunfire was slowing things done. “James!we have to go.”Tony growled with each passing moment leaning more against steve, each moment he was on his feet made his body remind him that he was seriously hurting, even with extremis healing him, he was on his last dregs of strength. “Come on!”Natasha said as she cleared a hall for them to get out, the team nearly silent as they got out to the quinjet. “Hawkeye, Agent, get out of there. Repeat, we’re clear, get out and blow it.”Natasha ordered even as she fired the engines, starting to get ready to go, leaving steve to take care of james and tony.

Steve gave up trying to help the man walk and simply scooped him up into his arms, ignoring the protests and complaints. James was following close behind them, clutching Vladd close and ignoring the blood seeping out of the corpse. Vladd had been shot in the chest, directly in the heart. instant and painless. Clint and Phil where soon running next to them, Phil smirking as he handed what looked like a remote to Tony. only there was only one button. "help yourself Mister Stark." he offered, letting Tony press the button that caused Sheilds newest implosion bombs to detonate. James was carefully arranging Vladd on a bench and strapping him in so he wouldn't roll around. as if he wasn't aware that his handler was dead. then he was on Tony like a bad rash, sobbing and babbling. not that Tony could understand any of it since it was in overly rushed Russian. not that Natasha could understand him either since he was literally, babbling and not making any sense. Steve was very carefully doing his best to remain unseen in the back.

Tony growled protests indeed at being carried out, even as he turned his face into the blond’s chest, hiding and trusting steve to protect him. Startling a little as the remote was pressed into his hand he blinked stupidly for a few long moments, most definitely suffering from a concussion before nodding a little pressing the button. Flinching a little as the bombs went off. Relaxing back into the seat he was strapped into he looked down at james as the man pressed into him, letting out a shaky breath, hurting and upset, not sure what to make of things before swallowing hard as natasha flew them towards home. Glancing at steve before waving him into the cockpit to let him sit with her, knowing the three of them needed to talk, but it didn’t have to be right now. “When we get to the tower. You’re not allowed leaving, rogers. I mean it. He’ll need his people around him especially...with pepper...”Natasha sounded choked with caught rage as she glanced at steve. “Stay. They’ll both need you.”

Tony sighed quietly pained and tired, not functioning well, before closing his eyes as he gently stroked James’ hair, not even trying to understand what he was saying as he muttered senseless things at the other, and even though it was obvious that he was trying to stay up, to comfort the other, he was starting to drift off, fingers tangled in black hair as he slumped into his seat, both physically and mentally to exhausted to deal with the emotions that the sight of his lover and steve had drawn to the surface just yet. Crashing hard, putting the emotions aside to deal with later when he was awake again.

Steve just smiled as Tony snarled. too relieved that the other was capable of it. he had been so worried that Tony had been broken beyond repair. Broken like James had been broken. he nodded when Tony ordered him up tot he front and he glanced at Natasha. "...it would probably be better for Tony if i left." he admitted. "but i don't think i can leave again." he admitted. "it fucking sucks living on my own..." he admitted. "and i missed Tony and James, and you and Clint and everyone else..." he sighed. "i just hope i can make things right..." he admitted. "i can't believe that fucking bitch..." he admitted, his hands curled into fists so tight hey where white and trembling. showing that while he looked calm and collected, he was anything but.

when Tony woke, it was in his own bed with Bruce gently taking care of the injuries. "good morning Tony." he stated with a smile. "don't worry. there's not many lasting injuries." he promised. "most of them will be gone by tomorrow." he promised. "you've been asleep for about twenty four hours, but so has James and Steve so i think it's okay." he promised Tony. "i'm glad to have you back Tony... i was worried sick. if you ever, ever run off like that again, without telling anyone. i'll put a tracking chip in your balls." he warned. "and it will hurt. a lot." he smiled innocently. "have i made myself clear?" he demanded, gently patting Tony's knee. "you can get up. you should be feeling a lot better. Steve is in the Gym right now i think. and James is in the closet." he admitted. "we turned the body into the medical staff and Shield is handling funerary costs for.. Vladd, was his name?"

Natasha sighed, “You’re a idiot. But we love you anyways.”She muttered shaking her head, wondering which one would break first and talk to each other. “You’ll be okay. I know Steve, just don’t snap out at tony, he wont understand it’s not him your angry with.”Natasha muttered realizing just how angry he was.

“....morning.”Tony muttered flinching away from the hands touching him, making anxious little sounds that said he really didn’t want touched even if he didn’t try moving away. “....what’s the lasting damage?”He asked, wanting to know if any of them really would be lasting, sighing softly. Before looking away, “I told Phil.No need to track me.”Tony grumbled staring down at the hand patting his knee, flinching, even if he knew it was Bruce. Nodding a little. “Clear as crystal, Banner.”he muttered biting his lip, looking anxious at the idea of facing either man before nodding. “Vladd. See that it’s the best. I’ll...I’ll talk to the other two.”He muttered already bracing himself for the breakup speech, wondering who he should talk to first, before swallowing. Realizing who it had to be, because breaking up with James would kill him, he could handle getting kicked out of the avengers after that, because there was no way steve would want him to stay after him and james got together. Swallowing hard as he got up slowly, making sure he was okay, he was sore and he felt shaky, but...he was okay. Trying really hard to not think about everything pepper had done he eased over to the closet, knocking lightly on the wood, “...Jami-James?”He corrected himself, his voice soft and broken, realizing he had no rights to call the other by anything but his real name. Not when he’d lost him to a better man, a man who’d had him before. Steve was so much better for him. The man who hated himself so much that he’d nearly given in to pepper’s torture, teh only reason he’d been able to survive, was because he’d needed to protect james, to protect his team, but...he’d kept no part for himself, there was no strength left for him to function.

Steve nodded. "i won't... i was snapping earlier because of... i forget what it's called... Bruce told me, i didn't really realize i was doing it." he admitted softly. "all the memories where there, and it was like i was on the battlefield all over again even though i wasn't and i could SEE that i wasn't the nerves and the feelings and the sensation that i was going to die..." he shuddered and shook his head. "Pepper's been stealing from Stark Industries... i guess now we know where it was going..."

Bruce chuckled. "nothing that won't heal within a week. you have two broken ribs and a cracked clavicle." he admitted. "everything else will be healed by tomorrow at the latest but it meant no sex again." he admitted. "yes but you never told us when you where coming back or where exactly you where staying either and there IS a need to check up on you. Tony whether you want to admit it or not you are an ever increasing target." he warned. "from now on. you tell us when, where, and when your coming back at the LEAST, got it?" he demanded. "we do the same for you." he admitted before he smiled. "Steve's taking care of the Details." he promised. "Shield is just taking care of the body." he admitted before getting up. "try to take it easy Tony." he suggested as he left, letting Tony handle James.

"..." the Closet opened and James pulled Tony inside, sniffling. "you don't love me no more?" James asked, sounding so sad and upset and broken. "you promised... you promised you wouldn't leave me, and you did... you made me be all alone..." he whispered, pressing his face into Tony's unbroken collar bone. "please don't leave me. i'm sorry. i don't know what i did wrong." he whimpered. "please Tony. i can fix it. i swear i can..." he pleaded. "please Tony... please. i can fix it. i know i can... just tell me.. tell me what i did wrong." so Clint was right, James honestly didn't understand why it had been wrong to fuck Steve.

“PTSD. It happens to everyone.”Natasha said before swallowing, shaking her head. “I know...I don’t want to consider that. It’s going to break tony.”she muttered, knowing tony really hadn’t processed everything pepper had done yet.

“Good.Nothing horrible...and I don’t have anyoen to have sex with, so that’s not a problem.”Tony said frowning a little before sighing. “Fine. Next time I’ll let you know what’s going on....I am sorry though...I wasn’t really thinking...and Pep had been there when I got there...so yea...”Tony sighed softly before smiling.”I’ll take it easy.promise.”Tony muttered.

Tony startled a little as he was pulled inside, looking around him even as he shifted to sit down because standing hurt, letting the other cuddle against him as he rested his head back against the wall, looking just as broken and upset as James did. “....I love you. So much.”He muttered sounding so broken, realizing that he had indeed broken a promise, breaking on the knowledge he’d let yet another person down. “I did...I..”He swallowed thickly, closing his eyes, knowing this was going to destroy him, but it’d let them be happy, he could do that. He could be unselfish for once in his fucking life. “....You could have told me you wanted to be with steve. I would have stepped aside you know. Walking...walking in on you two surprised me...I felt...hurt that neither of you told me you were together....I overreacted....I’m sorry for leaving.”Tony said sounding so broken, so strained as he tilted his head back staring at the ceiling, so sure that the two super soldiers had been together during the time he’d recovered. Because well, everyone left him. He wasn’t surprised that the two who’d been together for so long would want each other, more then they wanted him. “I forgot...everything but the need to make it stop hurting. But...it’s okay. If you want to be with steve, you can. I’ll be okay by myself.”He muttered assuming the man hadn’t known how to leave him, giving him permission to just go, to be with the man he really wanted.

Bruce huffed. "now you're being purposefully obtuse." he scoffed. "your not an idiot Tony so stop acting like one." he ordered before he smiled. "we all trusted her Tony." he agreed. "don't blame yourself for what she did."

the inside was empty of everything that had once been in there and was now full of pillows and blankets to make it comfortable and soothing. there was a single light and a bunch of candles on the top shelves that had once stored Pepper's shoes. giving it an almost romantic feel. there where shirts from both Steve and Tony laying about so that James could smell them anytime he wanted to. there was a bunch of Clint's arrowheads piled up on one of the shelves next to a pile of rope clearly purloined from Coulson next to it. there was a pair of TJ's pants there as well, and there was a picture of Tony stolen from Steve's sketchbook. there where a lot of books too, lined up on the lowest shelf, and the Violin, both of them, where settled sitting in where the shirts where supposed to be hung. it was all the things that made James feel like he was at home and happy.

"i don't understand." he admitted, frowning. "Steve and i aren't together. not yet." he admitted. "we used to be, i think. i was going to ask you, on Vacation. if you wanted him. cus i know you do." he admitted. "i want him too. he's big, and warm, and safe like you are." he admitted. "i want you to be happy, and i want him to be happy too. and i heard him talking to TJ, about how he was in love with us. you and me. and that's why i thought it was my fault he was so unhappy on my birthday, because i wasn't with him anymore even though i used to be..." he sniffled at Tony. "i don't want you to leave... can't we all be together. like TJ Phil and Clint are?" he asked, looking so heartbroken, but Hopeful. "we all love each other... doesn't that mean we have to be together?"

Back
Top Bottom