Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Old Ways in a New World. ( Wolvenrogue and Nightsorceress)

"Then I will bring Ashe here. You need to heal, and being near me will speed that along, just as you did for me. He kissed her softly and ran to catch up with Michael.

Aurora tried to stop Robert but he was to quick for her. She called the nurse and ask for the phone. She quickly called the house and spoke to a Elizabeth telling her not to let Robert come back to the hospital with Ashe.

Although elizabeth did not like it she said she would talk to Robert and she waited for him to come home.

When Robert arrived, Elizabeth met him at the door. "Get Ashe packed up, we are going back. She wants me toi stay with Ashe, but I need to be there so she heals." Elizabeth interuppted him and told him of her call. "This is one time when the old ways must be honored," he said. "I am going back and taking the boy with me." You and Michael may come if you like but I'm not leaving her alone." he packed Ashe's toys and clothes, and carried Ashe and his things to the car. Michael, who understood completely volunteered to drive. Two hours later, The three of tham with Ashe arrived back at her room.

When the three arrived back at the hospital Aurora room was empty. It looked as though something had happen while they were gone. Upon seeing Robert a nurse came up to him moving him away from the boy. "she had to be rushed to emergency surgery looks as though there was some internal bleeding. You will be updated once know anything."

What?! Robert cried out, now distraught. He knew he should have stayed. He paced the halls waiting for the doctor to come out.

It was another 2 and half hours before the doctor came out. He approached Robert. "she is out of surgery and is in recovery. She had some bleeding from her liver and a broken rib punctured her lung. We have stable and with rest she should recover nicely. However do to the damage she lost her baby. But there nothing to say she will not be able to get pregnant again."

Robert listened to the news and was at first releived to hear that she would be alright, but at the news about the triplets, he colapsed into a chair, his head in his hands. His whole body shook, and Ashe, seeing his father breaking down walked pulled away from Elizabeth and crowded in between his thighs. "Daddy what's wrong?" he asked. Robert pulled Ashe into his arms and just held him. He really didn't know what to say. Ashe had not been told yet of the babies, and he wasn't sure at this point that he should. "I love your mommy very much and I was scarred for her" he finally said. He had been truthful but obviously incomplete. "I will be alright son, It's ok to cry when your worried about your family."

Elizabeth came to Roberts side putting a hand on his shoulder. "I wish I knew the words that can make this better, but I don't. Just know if you need anything or would like to talk I am here for you both. " she hoped she could help but in reality there not anything she could do.

As they sat by the room Aurora was wheeled back to her room still a bit out of it.

Robert thanked her and then spoke again to Ashe. "You should go with Aunt Elizabeth take care of your serpants. I'm going to see if I can get in to talk to Mommy and see if she needs anything. Don't worry Ashe, I will take care of Mommy."
Inside his heart was breaking, but he kept a brave face for the sake of his son.

Elizabeth took Ashe "I will come back a bit later with him so his mother can see him. It may do her some good. I know children are the most important thing in a females life so seeing him. Might make her better faster." she then took Ashe and went outside with him.

Robert went up to recovery where Aurora was just comming out of the anesthesia. He sat and held her hand, and waited for her to fully waken. He was just short of shaking, as he tried hard to hold himself together. This would be one of the hardest things he had ever had to do. Tell his wife and the mother of his child that she had just lost her triplets. He knew that she had not been thrilled with being pregnant, but he couldn't imaging that this news would be welcome.

Aurora drew a deep breath and then her eyes slowly began to open. She looked around everything felt hazy and fuzzy it took her time focus and then she smelled Robert and her head slowly turned and she looked at him. "what happen" she finally said

"You were bleeding internally, and had to have surgery." He said in as calma voice as he could muster, but then with a quaking stutter, he cleared his troat and stuggled to get out, "but our precious babies are no longer." Hot tears filled his eyes, and he wrapped his arms around Aurora in an effort to both comfort and be comforted.

Aurora almost did not register what he had just said or she didn't want to hear him she was not completely sure. But his words were true she felt it in her soul she had lost the babies. She let out a mournful cry and just hugged him crying

They mourned with one another for over two hours before Elizabeth came in and placed a hand on Robert's shoulder. "You have a son who is very worried. Can I bring him in?" Robert looked at Aurora. "what do you think?"

When Elizabeth came in she lifted her head from Robert. "he doesn't know does he?"she slowly and carefully sat up and dried her eyes trying to not look as though she had been crying

" No dear... Since he hadn't known they were conceived , I saw no reason to burden his little heart with the loss" He hugged Aurora softly. "Elizabeth, i think we are as ready as we ever will be."

aurora hugged her back and then let her go so she can go get Ashe. She drew a deep breath trying to make herself look as normal as possible before Ashe comes in. She then reached for Roberts hand

Robert took her hand and when Elizabeth led Ashe in, he picked him up to the bed and his mother's side as though he weighed nothing, and said to his son. "See! I told you I'd keep her safe for you."

Aurora let go of Roberts hand when he put Ashe on the bed. She wrapped her arms around Ashe. "hello sweety, daddy has been keeping mommy safe and soon mommy will go home."

Ashe looked at the bandages on her face and neck. "why do you have all the owies? he asked innocently.

"I got into a fight sweety. The bad people from before came and fond me, but it's ok now I stopped them and they will not be coming back." she gave him a hug "and now I can get better cause you and daddy are here"

Robert was surprised that she had told Ashe about the bad people, but said nothing, and hugged both of them tightly.

Aurora hugged them both and then she looked to Robert. "I want to go home, I need to go home, I can't stay here." she hope he of all people would understand that the hospital right now was not the right place for her.

"I understand completely" he said. " Elizabeth, will you help her dress?" I am going to check her out of here right now." Robert went down to the office, and though he had to be forceful, she was released "Aganst Medical Advice"

Back
Top Bottom