Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Old Ways in a New World. ( Wolvenrogue and Nightsorceress)

Elizabeth looked over her shoulder at Robert with Ashe, and then back at Aurora's face. "That's a good thing you know, but its hard to be replaced by their Dad". It was clear that the much older Elizabeth knew what she was feeling. "But not to worry!" she said "More are on the way and they will be all youre for the next thre years or so, maybe longer! I brought you something". Elizabeth handed her a small wrapped package containing a layette for triplets.

Aurora looked at her boys as Elizabeth spoke, she looked back to the woman now. "Elzabeth you didn't have to do this, really you have done enough, plus I have plenty of time to find things for the baby, but thank you very much."

Elizabeth looked at her puzzled. "It was my pleasure dear, besides its not just one baby, You didn't know? It will be fine. In fact its a blessing, a full house is a happy house, and there are lots of us girls who will be more than happy to help. All you need do is ask. We are so so glad your here. "

Aurora was so shocked to hear that she was carrying more then one baby she dropped Elizabeth's gift. All these thought kept flooding her mind, she could barely stand. She looked scarred to death and not excited about the news at all, in fact she looked more heart broken then anything.

Elizabeth leaned down and picked up the gift and set it on the table. "I'm sorry dear. I hope you are alright. let me get Robert for you, I'll just paly with Ashe a few minutes so you can talk." Elizabeth walked quickly out to the yard. "I told Aurora about the triplets and she seems upset. Let me watch Ashe a few minutes, you better talk to her."

Aurora did not even seem to register what Elizabeth was saying at this point. It seemed her mind was buzzing and she couldn't shut it off. She went upstairs to the bedroom and just sat bed.

Robert let Elizabeth watch Ashe while he went to the house. When he found the kitchen and iving room empty, he went up to the bedroom to find Aurora sitting on the bed. He sat down beside her and put his arm around her. He didn't ask what the matter was, that he knew, what he didn't understand was why. "He struggled with what to say and in the end said nothing, chosing instead to just hold her.

Aurora didn't look at Robert as he entered the room she just collapsed against him. She started to cry tears already getting his shirt wet. "I am going to loose Ashe, I am going to have no time for him, I am going to loose you, having no time make our already rocky marriage work. And then what happens if the clan comes after us and no one can stop them, how are to move 4 children."

He held her and just listened and then spoke softly. "You will never lose Ashe. you will always be his momma, and have a special place in his heart. You will see. Its just right now, he is just discovering what it is to be a boy, and he likes it. Its perfectly normal. You will never lose me either! Don't you know by now that I need you more than you need me? and as for the clan, we are protected here Now there are 5 males promised to protect our family not just me, and counting the the teenagers 8 girls to help with the children if you need it. Please don't worry so much. They really care about you here. You... not just your role in the clan." Elizabeth saw your need, and immediately watched Ashe so I could be with you."

Aurora just shook her head, "I never wanted a large family, i wanted a small close knit family, I lived in a house that was over flowing with other kidds most of the time so where left out because no matter how much help we have we never have the capacity for a large number of kids so no feels left out. And Ashe will not have a good bond with his brothers or sisters because they will have each other."

"It doesnt have to be that way. Just because it was for you. Trust me please. Besides, we really cant change our family size now. We can take steps to care for them properly though, and we will."

"no we can't change things now, but we will be taking steps to ensure this doesn't happen again." she mumbled softly. Still she not happy about this and she did now regret the action that led to this.

Robert was upset by her last words, but said nothing for the moment, not sure exactly what it was she had in mind. She seemed focused on not having more children, rather than how to make having children a success, and that troubled him. He let the words pass unanswered, kissed her softly and went back out to play with Ashe.

Aurora sighed when he left her. She knew in that moment there thoughts were very different on having children. She had no choice in the matter now however and would have to live with there actions.

Robert decided that since they would need to make the best of things no matter what, he wouldn't fret over or try to change her opinion, but rather, he hoped, that as time passed, things would go well, and that Aurora's fears would lessen. As it was thay had a minimum of 8 moths before the subject need even come up, as she would certainly not be able to conceive until then regardless of what they did, and reality was that it would not be an issue for at least a year.

Aurora got up and washed her face trying to look happy before she want back outside and called Ashe in to get ready for bed. She went down stairs and to the back door. "alright Ashe its time to come in and take a bath and get ready for bed."

Robert kissed him and patted him on the butt. "give your mom a kiss Ok? she needs it." Ashe ran hard back to the house and as he got undressed for his bath he kissed Aurora and said... "Mommy, I love you."

Aurora smiled as he told her he loved her."I love you more than anything." she picked him up and gave him a kiss. And carriered him to the bathroom and put him in the tub.

Ashe giggled and smiled at his mother. Robert watched from the doorway and smiled at his antics. once Ashe was safely in the tub, he hugged her. "He's a great kid!" he said.

aurora jumped a litte as she suddenly felt Robert hug her she was not expecting that. "yes he is a great kid" she smiled. She gave Ashe a wash cloth. "alright let's wash up, scrub you hands and feet, and tummy, and I will wash your hair."

Robert kissed Aurora on the forhead as she bent over the tub, and let her have her time with Ashe. He watched quietly from the kitchen through the bathroom door.

Aurora washed Ashes hair and just played with him in the tub a bit. She smiled as the water started to turn a bit cold. "alright mister time to get out." she grabbed a big towel and as he stood she grabbed him and wrapped him in the towel hugging him to dry him. She carried him to his room putting him in his pjs.

Robert waited for her to come down and then went up and kissed she goodnight. When he came back down the stairs he found Aurora at the sink, and hugged her again from behind. "You won't ever lose that boy, not a chance" he said softly.

"he is already needing me less and less, when I have 3 babies to look after that's when I will loose him." she said softly her worry still hung heavy on her heart

I think your wrong but lets not argue. Your a great mother now and you will still be when the babies come. Lets just enjoy the timein between and trust that things will work out.

Back
Top Bottom