Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Old Ways in a New World. ( Wolvenrogue and Nightsorceress)

Aurora was glad when he took over driving she was get tired. However when she sat in the passenger seat her eyes kept skimming the road looking for any sign of the clan. She heard Ashe tossing and turning in the back seat and she knew was hard,y sleep either. When they got out of the car aurora carried Ashe to the cabin. It was not her idea of home. "how long do you think we will have to stay here?"

"Here? just a few weeks, but in these woods? A long time I'm afraid. I will build us a new home here, but it will take time." Robert started in cleaning up the old cabin and making it as comfortable as possible. He started a fire in the fireplace, and then went out to hunt. Seeing the moon, he changed, and retruned a hour later with a young deer. changing back he butchered the animal and brought sime meat in for Aurora to cook using the pots which were still there and belonged to his grandmother.

Her heart sank when he said they would have to stay a long time. She tried to put on a brave face and make the best out of this however she was struggling. She let Ashe play in one the areas that Robert had just cleaned as she began to clean up another. When he brought back the deer and saw him butch it aurora could not take that and she ran outside and got sick when he brought it over for her to cook she shook her head. "you better do that." she was certainly not an out door kind of girl.

Robert said nothing about Aurora's aparantly weak stomach, but put the meat in a pot fo water by the fire to boil and then went out to comfort her holding her as she recovered from being sick. He cleared off the bed in the corner of the room and shook out the linens and helped her to lay down. He covered her with a comforter made of soft furrs, then tended to the boiling meat. He poured off some broth and gave it to her in a cup to sooth her sour stomach.

Aurora was glad when he did not get upset because she could not handle the sight of the dead deer and actually comforted her as she was sick. She laid down in the bed and tired to feel better when he brought her over the booth she shook her head. "no thank you, but your sweet for trying to take care of me"

Robert took ashe out on the porch of the small cabin, sat down on a "stump chair" that was their, and pulled him into his lap. "Mommy isn't feeling well right now, and we have to be extra nice to her. OK? " she looked up at him and smiled, still clutching his jar with the "serpant inside". His eyes were bright and happy and innocent. Somehow through all the upset, he hadn't been rattled. then a questioning look came over his face. "will Mommy be alright" "Yes son she will...she just needs to rest." Ashe hopped off his lap and set about exploring. "stay near by the cabin!" Robert warned him stearnly. "I will Daddy" Ashe responded. Robert went inside and finding an old flower sack, filled it with leaves to make a matress for Ashe's bed.

Aurora rested a bit, and then she heard Robert come back in the house. She silently climbed out of bed and wrapped her arms around him from behind. She hugged him close to her. "oh Robert what are we going to do" she asked him very softly there was a heavy sadness in her voice now.

"Don't be sad, he said. We have each other and that is what is important." You will see, in the end everything will turn out as it should. You are Ashe's mother, he needs you. Concentrate on that, and let me defend you as is my responsibility. I won't let you down. I won't let Ashe down either."

"I know your right its just hard to leave it all behind, that place ment so much to me, I gave birth to Ashe in that house, i had to leave behind his baby pictures, that I did not even get a chance to show you, and then I left behind my parents medallion the only thing I had." she sighed "and what my boy will never have a normal child hood, no school, no friends, I mean he sleeping on an old flour sake and some leaves" tears now streamed from her eyes

"Don't worry" he said. "I will see to it neither he nor you will lack for a normal life. This is just a brief pause. Please believe me. Take Ashe and put hime to bed.. I have something to take care of, I will be back by midnight. Stay in the cabin and lock the door. Trust me!" he kissed her gently and headed out into the night."

Hearing what had been left behind broke his heart he ran through the woods and down to the car. He drove back to the house, and after waiting a block away to be sure no one was nearby , he went back in and recovered the family keepsakes, the mattress from Ashe's bed and the rest of his toys. He drove hard through the late night. Arriving back just after midnight with everything he had collected tied in a bundle on his back. he knocked at the door. "Aurora! its me, open the door."

Aurora wondered why Robert was going but she did not ask. She did not want her son sleeping on a flour sack so she put him to bed with her and waited for Robert to come back. She wa. A sleep when she heard him knock on the door and carefully got out of bed and let him in.

Robert crowded through the door loaded down with the contents of the house. He handed her her keepsakes in a sack and moved the flour sack in favor of Ashe's mattress. He made up the bed and gently lifted the boy from the bed and tucked him in securely. He took aurora in his arms and hugged her to him. " I will take care of you , I promise!" he said.

Aurora eyes held tears in them as she saw he had brought things from home. Once he had tucked Ashe in aurora hugged Robert tightly. "thank you, thank you. I love you so much"

Robert smiled quietly. "I love you too my dear. I really do. There is nothing you can't ask of me. You and Ashe are everything I have now. The old ways are gone. Were it not for the two of you, I would be alone, and soon gone."

Aurora kissed him softly "right now all I ask of you is hold me while we sleep, and perhaps not butcher animals close to home." she smiled a little trying to lighten the mood

Robert smiled at her requests. Both are easy, he said. Tomorrow we will gather some wild fruit and vegitables as well as some eggs. They should be more to your liking. Oh yes, and have a shower." He walked her to the bed and layed down beside her, wrapping his heavily muscled arms around her, and gently kissing her neck.

"I am still not sure why you brought me to a cabin in the woods, you think after our time on that island you would know I am not an outdoorsy kind of girl." she teased him a bit as she nuzzled his neck a bit.

"I brought you here because it is safe. You know that silly. We can move back to civilization when things cool down a bit. I promise. In the meantime, I will make you comfortable here, just wait and see". He hugged her tight and cupped her breast in his hand in a warm and loving way.

Aurora smiled, "hope we can move back before Ashe goes to school next year. I really want him to go to school and make friends." she kissed him "thank you for doing what you to protect us."

Robert didnt want to dissapoint her but he wanted to be honest with her. "We will probabaly need to find another city." he said, the clan won't stop loooking for us especially now that I have killed an elder, even though I was defending you. Things arent as they were in the old times any more. I learned that yesterday."

"I wish things were like the old ways, they seem far better then they are now." she sighed. "there has to be away to get the to stop trying to find us, you would think that you willingness to kill would be enough to show them your are serious about protecting your family."

"They know I am serious, but they are serious too. Enough to fight and die. The chief elder could have backed down, but he chose to fight. They will seek to avenge him and get you and Ashe. I am certain that they would not only take you captive, but see that you were mated and bore children repeatedly under force. They have lost their good morals, they cannot be trusted any longer.

If the old ways are to be preserved, we, our little family must do it alone.

"I will kill anyone that dares tries to come after us"she meant every word she said to him I that moment. She looked at him. "I guess this changes our plans for having more children any time soon." she sighed a little she did want another baby, but not while they were on the run, and had to look over their shoulders

"Yes regretably it does. Having you preganant is hardly compatible with the fight we may face, but understand that were it to happen, I would defend you with my last breath. For now we must find a place where we can establish our own clan ... in secret at first and then perhaps, when ours sons are strong in the open. "

Aurora sighed a bit "what happens if my cycle starts again, will you be able to stay in cntrol and not want to mate with me?" she asked, it was a question they may have to face and for now they needed to be prepared for everything.

Back
Top Bottom