Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Old Ways in a New World. ( Wolvenrogue and Nightsorceress)

"I am trying to share my life with him, not just things. You don't want me talking about the clan. What else can I do?" Robert was a little frustrated at her words. She seemed bound and determined to filter his interaction with his son. "He is my son too. You need to remember that. You saw to it he never knew me, but that does not make me an uninterested father or Ashe your child alone."

Aurora wrinkled her forehead and got up from his lap, "I was just joking with you Robert, next time I won't" she then left him sitting there and went to the bedroom closing the door behind her.

Robert was abit stunned at her response as she got off her lap. he followed her up stairs to the bedroom, and was even more stunned when she shut the door in his face. He went back down stairs and sat there dispondent, not knowing what to do next. Her reactions never seemed to be what he expected, what his life had prepared him for. He fell asleep in the chair, and was waken the nexy morning by Ashe, as he climbed up into his lap. "Where did you get this stone?" he asked. Robert spent the next 25 minutes telling Ashe the story of how his father had taken him hunting and they had stopped by a brooke and he'd seen it in the water, and plucked it out. It was different from all the others, and how his father had said tha was fitting for Robert was different too. Robert stopped short of explaing that like himself Ashe was different as well. Judging that it was too much for tender age and circumstance at the moment. Ashe cuddled in his lap and looked at the stone, running it through his little fingers, just as Robert had since he was six years old. Robert smiled at the sight.

Aurora went to bed not knowing what to do any more, she already worn out from always having to be on egg shells. She got up the next morning not looking forward to the day.
She went downstairs and saw the tow sitting together.
"Good morning" and kissed Ashe on the top of his head. "I'll start making breakfast" she then to the kitchen and went to work making pancakes

Ashe smiled, and seeing his mother, got down and ran to the kitchen grabbing her thigh. Robert got up and watched quietly from the kitchen door out of immediate sight. Ashe looked up at Aurora, and asked. I like him mother. is he really my Dad? Can we keep him please?" Robert backed up completely out of sight and just listened for her answer.

Aurora felt him grab her leg and she smiled. She listen to her son, and stopped cooking she picked the boy up hugging him close. "I am happy you like him, because he is your dad, and his going to stay" she then tickled him a bit and smiled " but you have to promise not to forget about your mommy" she then have him a big kiss on the cheek

"was she really afraid he would take Ashe away?" Robert thought to himself. As Ashe ran back to the livingroom, Robert lifted him high over his head. Ashe squealed with delight at the game.

Aurora smiled and then went back to cooking breakfast. She set the table, and had coffee, and juice out, and a stack of pancakes. "breakfast" she called to the boys

Robert came into the kitchen, with Ashe perched high atop his shoulders. Ashe was wearing a grin from ear to ear. Robert lifted him off and whispered in his ear "go give your Mom a kiss and tell her its from me!" and set the boy on the floor. Ashe grinned even bigger and ran over to Aurora, and grabbing her arm pulled her down to him, then gave her a big kiss. "That's from Daddy!" he said proudly, looking back over his shoulder at Robert.

Aurora was just putting the butter and syrup on the table when she felt someone tug her arm. She bent down and smiled as Ashe gave her the kiss, and looked at Robert then back to Ashe "oh how nice, now how about a kiss from you?"

Ashe grinned even larger, and kissed his Mommy. "I love you Mommy " he said, then jumped up to his spot next to her at the table. Robert smiled at Aurora, then sat accross the table from them and waited while Aurora got her self settled and Ashe's pancakes cut and prepared, then began to eat.

Aurora smiled and took her seat next to Ashe. She was happy to see him enjoying his breakfast. She sipped her coffee and looked at Robert a cople of times before returning to watching Ashe

Robert ate heartily for the first time in a while. He was finally beginning to feel himself and was gaining strength. He looked over at Aurora, and smiled then extended his hand to her. Hoping she would take it.

Aurora bit her lip as she watched him extended his hand, she then slowly reached out and placed her hand in his. She needed to make things work for Ashe. She looked at Ashe saw hewas done. "alright go wash you hand and face and I will be there in a few minutes to help you get dressed"

As Ashe ran off to the bathroom, Robert softly said "thank you. I only wish this was easier for you. He could feel the hesitation in her reaction to him, that and her scent was communicating fear. He didn't mention either clue to her feelings, but instead tried to remain very loving and gentle with her. "I'm not here to take him from you dear, he said, I am here to be the father he has a right to have and the husband you have a right to expect. I love you both." He closed his hand around hers, leaned over the table and gave her a soft kiss.

Aurora looked at Robert once Ashe was gone. "this is not easy, if I was by myself having you come back in my life would not be a problem, but with Ashe I keep hoping this is the right thing for him, and I truly hope that he would still love me having you around now"

"Please don't worry. I am his father , and I love him. I won't do anything to hurt him.. I promise you. Have you seen anything to worry about since I arrived? be honest with me."

Aurora shrugged "no but you have only just spent time with him, what's going to happen when he does something wrong, or when I say no"

"If you don't mind, I would apreciate being judged by my actions, not your worries and suspicions. You ask me to accept you on face value, it is only fair that you do the same for me. If I actually do something that you think will harm him, tell me immediately and we can discuss it. I have no wish to harm him or you in any way. I love you both. You do know what that means don't you?" His tone was soft and quiet. He kissed her tenderly when he had finished speaking."

Aurora sighed a little "in the end I just don't feel like I am going to be a good parent, not with you around, I am just going to play second place in our sons hearts" she looked down there was true sadness in her voice now, as she did fear of loosing her sons love.

" Aww Aurora, don't you see its not a contest between us. there is no first or second place. Did you want to be first and put me second? Do you think it feels any different for me? The truth is that neither of us can be a good parent without the other. He needs two parents that love each other." Ashe ran out of the bathroom with wet hands. "Mommy! are you coming?"

Aurora shook her head a little when Ashe suddenly entered the room. "oh sweetly sorry mommy was talking to daddy, yes I am coming" she got up looking at Robert and the taking Ashe back to the bathroom. "alright so what would you like to do today"

"Can we go to the park? I want to swing, and play on the slide and in the sandbox. and maybe have a picnic?" He said to his mother.

Aurora smiled. Alright sweet heart, let's get you dressed the you can see if daddy wants to go to the park." she quickly got Ashe dressed and then let him go ask his father.

Ashe ran in the living room and cimbed in his Dads enormous lap, at least thats how it semed to him. He pounded on his chest and said "can we go to the park?" "Lets see if its ok with Mamma" he said lifting him up to his shoulders. He carried Ashe back to the kitchen. "Ashe wants to go to the park is that ok with you? he asked.

Back
Top Bottom