Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Old Ways in a New World. ( Wolvenrogue and Nightsorceress)

Aurora noticed how quite Robert was and she sighed she was worried that Robert was upset Ashe did not take to him right away. "Elmo" Ashe answered but he was shy about it. "mommy I done" "ok honey then let's get ready for bed, it way past your bed time" they got up and Ashe ran to his room jumping into bed. Aurora entered tucking him

Robert walked in and knealt down by the bed. He pointed outside at the moon. "You like the moon Ashe? its pretty isnt it? Its my favorite thing in the night sky", he said. He kissed his forhead and said ... good night son.

Ashe turned his head and was looking at the moon. Aurora smiled and kissed his his head "good night" she then left the room walking back to the kitchen to cleen up

Robert followed her and helped with the dishes. " I think its going to be just fine." he said. Ashe is a bit shy yet, but that is to be expected. How do you think it went?" Did i dissapoint you? He needs to hear that you love me from your lips. If he doesn't he will never really believe it. Now is when you have to believe it too."

"yes he is very shy, he always has been, but he will warm up to you, he still use to mommy doing everything for him." she stopped her cleaning and looked at him. "he will know I love you, and I will say it in front of him, just tonight I was to worried about him."

"Well, he will worry less when he knows that. Parents that love each other are the greatest security a child has."

"Robert he will hear that, just let things happen as they must, don't force things to happen" she sighed a little and went back to cleaning up

"I wasn't forcing anything." He said. I just don't understand what the harm in his knowing that is, unless its not true. Robert worried that she might be appeasing him, and didnt really feel the love she professed. He knew no other reason for her reluctance.

"I am not saying its not true, I just feel its not right to make a point of it saying infront of him, he will know we love each other, love is not only said but it's also shown" she explained softly.

"Alright then", he said and kissed her softly. He hoped she would show both him and his son the truth of what she had said. Up until now she had sowed seeds of doubt in his mind. He avoided for now saying anymore about it, and chose to wait and see if she meant what she said.

Aurora started to pick things up again when suddenly she stopped and sighed. "you know I do love you Robert, it's just I don't know I guess I just need time to adjust to having you back in my life, I mean I have changed I am not the same girl you knew 4 years ago"

"How are you different?" he asked. "I mean I'm different too, but I'll do anything to be with you and my son. I love you both."

Aurora shrugged a bit. "I don't know I guess I have grown up a bit, my son is very important to me, I don't I guess I am just happier now" she bit her lip a little

"Happier without me?" he asked . Robert was moe and more worried that she was sorry he'd found her.

She shook her head "no I didn't mean like that, I meant I happier here, I finally found a good place for me, and our son, most of my neighbors are half blooded werewolves, they kinda understand where I am coming from being raised in the human world, there is no pressure to lead a pack or anything like that"

Aurora sat in his lap. "I am sorry" she said softly has she leaned her head against his Shoulder, breathing in his scent, she did love his scent

He hugged her to him and just held her as they relaxed their son walked in and tugged on his moma's dress. Robert pulled him into her lap.

Aurora looked down to see Ashe a wake. As Robert put him her lap she hugged the little boy. "what's a matter sweet heart why are you not sleeping"

Ashe looked at her innocently. I heard you talking and woked up. I saw you with Daddy, can't I be here to? just like in the picture?" He said holding up the amulette. As she looked at the picture she saw the word ME written on her belly in green crayon, in Ashe's wiggly scrawl. Robert tousled his hair. " Of course you can" he said.

Aurora could not help smile as she saw the picture she hugged her son tightly. "You can stay for a bit but then you have to back to bed. Mommy and daddy will both be here in the morning and I promise we will do something fun together tomorrow."

Robert reached in his pocket and took out a large flat stone. it was polished from handling.. He gave it to Ashe. "I found this when Iwas your age, its lucky! Now off to bed!"

'

After Ashe had went back to bed she looked at Robert and smiled. "you have to stop giving him things, you have only been here a couple of hours and you are already spoiling him."

Back
Top Bottom