Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

"The World" (3 OPEN NOW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "The World" (OPEN, accepting 2 more)

Fel watched as the girl came up to him. He chuckled again, "The World is a free roam game, I ain't gona stop ya." Fel stated simply. "And don't worry, those blade can be used by any level." He said, not mentioning they could also be used by any class. "Just be careful with them." He added on as they turned a corner to catch sight of a few monsters. He opened one of his windows and typed in a few things, his weapons down grading from his high state, making them equal to this area's level. He then held his scythe ready and looked at Michi, "Ready to fight?" He questioned, and about two seconds later her made a dash in, catching the enemy by surprise, knocking it back against the wall.

He then leaped into the air, spinning around and attacking the other two, knocking them away as well. He effectively separated all three enemies with two moves, the sneak attack and the first swing. He stood ready, his scythe glowing a faint purple and crimson now. He looked at it and his eyes went wide Shit, I didn't turn off the extra knock back... He thought, searching through his windows once more as an enemy started to come up behind him.​

Michi watched as Fel took the initiative, managing to split the party of three foes apart rather easily; there was more to him than met the eye, because according to his statistics, his character was only lvl 19. Hm. Michi made her scythe disappear and pulled out her secondary the Electro-Arch. As the discarded monster came up from behind to attack Fel, her character's slim index and middle on both hands took position upon the electrified bow - two upon the frame and two upon the string. "Electro Rain!" Fingers let the string snap and suddenly a barrage of electro arrows struck the monster, knocking him back, up, and away from Fel.

As it flew back, Michi dashed forward and snapped the bow in half, flipping them in her hands revealing a pair of sufficient daggers. Jumping into the air to become level with the foe, she spun around in a full 360, building up speed, before slamming the blades into the monster again and again. Keeping it defenseless and up in the air. Then she sent it back down to the ground with a double blow. The monster disappeared as she landed upon the ground, flipping the blades back over and snapping the bow back together.​

Vector was still leaning on the rail, waiting for the match to start, bored he pulled up the info on both teams, one was a basic throw-together of three guys, the other looked interesting, wasn't often people played in couples, they normally got a wavemaster to handle healing and buffing. He raised and eyebrow looking down at the two, intriuged. A few seconds later someone tapped him on the shoulder "Umm, excuse me, you're meant to si-" He stopped abruptly, backing up slightly as Vector growled "So what? I can get a better view if I stand here, unless you think you can convince me otherwise.." The player looked a little flustered, and after a few moment's of tapping his skull he snapped his fingers Ah! I deal in information, so if you sit here, I'll tell you what you wanna know! He smiled, and Vector turned to face him fully "You know a guy name Fel-Reaper, and not just the typical 'famous treasure hunter' bullshite, inside info.." The man grinned "Sit down my friend, I so happy to know a few things...

"Hey, I think she saw you." Tsubaki said.

"That's fine. I was thinking about asking to join them for a match or two sometime." Takuya said, smirking as the match began. "But that other team is about to get pwnd."

Tsubaki rolled her eyes as her ears twitched with excitement. She subconsciously leaned against Takuya, trying to get a better view while simultaneously trying to get his affection.

"How fast do you think they'll win, Takuya?"

"Probably within a minute. They had a Wavemaster in their last fight, but this time around, all they have to deal with is a pair of Twin Blade Rogues and a Blade Brandier. Should be over pretty fast." Takuya said, not taking his eyes off of the match. "I'm gonna go greet them afterward. I finally realized why the Reaper looks so familiar..."

His voice trailed off as the match started. But although he was focused on watching the slaughter, his mind was also thinkig of something else.

'If I'm not mistaken, that Reaper girl is, or at least was, the 'Red Scythe'. I just hope mmy hunch ain't wrong.'

Rin squealed in delight as the Adept Rogue fell at her feet. "Hey Riku, I got the first kill!"

Riku dodged back to avoid a swing, then dove forward ti drive home a critical hit against the other Adept Rogue, lopping off a good size chunk of his HP. "Hey, you really shouldn't be throwing around my name like that," he called out. "You should be calling me my screen name instead of my real name."

"Whatever you say, Palaios. Sheesh, Palaios," she smriked at the name, "I can barely spell it. Why did you pick such a weird name for your character?"

"Hey, you aren't complaining about the name I threw out for your character."

"Cause it's cool. And easier to spell." even with their inane chatter, the two continued to operate together without shouting out chatter. They simply knew what do to help each other. Even as they continued bickering, Rin circled around the two surviving team members, letting her job class's infamy for being disastrous to teams speak for itself. And sure enough, it lured the attention of the two survivors to her, certainly long enough for Riku to capitalize on their distraction. It probably helped that her PC had a bright red outfit on. "I think after this round is over, I might try and go find that player. He was kinda cute."

"Whatever," Riku muttered, "just don't toy around with someone again and piss them off so that they try to take it out on me...again.

Vector watched the battle, though he was still listening to what the other player had to say, apparently quite a few times this so-called treasure hunter had been responcible for a few strange events, though he was not sure what the highest level for a kill was. Vector smirked as the adept rogue was dropped "Pfft.. What a bunch of idiots.. No teamwork or coordination at all.... Now those two.. They're the real deal..." He smiled, he didn't think even he could stand up to them for too long on his own. As the battle continued the man continued to speak, though most of the information he gave him was second-rate, stuff you could find out on the forums, and it sounded more like stuff you'd hear from one of the many fans he had.

"Also, do you not know who those two are? They were once very successful PK'ers" The man interjected, obviously sensing his words were no longer having their full effect. "Ah.. That explains the strategy, and the fact these two as so well coordinated..." He smiled, PK's tended to be very successful in the arena, it was just like killing in a field, without the risk of losing exp or items, so most people went all out.

Fel smirked as he watched her attack. She is a kind of grace...or not. He thought with a chuckle, spinning his scythe around and stabbing it into an enemy, killing it instantly, its normal health reading for damage coming up. He then pulled it out and spun it around, hitting the last enemy three times and then knocking it back, this time only about half the distance he did when he first came into the fight. He then stood aside to let Michi use a Rengeke(sp) on their enemy, which would award her extra experience. "Take him, he's your's!" Fel told her.​

Re: "The World" (NOT ACCEPTING ANY MORE RIGHT NOW)

Riku chuckled to himself as the last person collapsed and their win was announced. "You certainly seem in good spirits ever since you noticed the guy next to beast chick. You didn't even complain when I killed both the others on this team."

"Well," Rin laughed as the were teleported out of the arena, "I might have somebody new to play with."

"Play with or play with?" Riku knew he'd likely regret the answer, but decided to be optimistic and check.

"The difference?"

"One ends up getting somebody pissed at me cause I'm your teammate," Riku explained irately, exasperated that his sister once again intended to toy with some poor sap. He knew Rin didn't intend to me a malevolent, tricky player of liked to worm as much as she could out of a person....at least, he hoped his sister wasn't too tricky. "I still haven't figured out why you like playing with people like that so much."

"Beecauuuse," Rin chuckled, "they make it so easy. It's so much fun when player asks if I'm really a girl, and start tripping over themselves when they find out I really am." She laughed inside at the idea of male player's making female characters, and at how it'd cause such a paranoia to some people.

"Meh, whatever," Riku muttered as the stepped into the plaza outside the arena. "Do you remember if they were gonna do another round of fights immediately? I wasn't really paying attention."

"Nope, we're good to go. Have fun with that living pile of boxes in your car. I have a player to hunt down."

"Actually, somebody in the audience caught my eye, so I think I might stick around online for a bit longer, see if I find him."

"Him? As in not her? You are sooo boring sometimes."

"Well, some of us don't always see this game as a way of toying with someone's emotions. Later, Rin."

"Seeya later, Palaios." And with a snicker before Riku to snap back a response, Rin hopped away into the crowd.

Riku just sighed. Now, where's that PK I saw in the audience? I heard he's been causing quite a stir...

Luna Alderez bit idly onto her left cheek. Her nimble fingers quickly began the game and slipped on her headset. Logged in. Welcome to The World, CatatonicCloud.

Arriving, Lorelai McCloud let out a loud groan, elongating her thin arms above her mess of thick, blonde hair. After loosening her shoulder blades, the young woman flung her arms backwards and pulled out the long steamrifle from the leather holster strapped tightly against her back to her chest. One thing McCloud could be proud of was the rifle. Running her palm along the barrel, she admired it. Only once did she consider naming the weapon; however, Lorelai would probably change weapons as she leveled, but the thought still lingered. The woman quirked a thin brow before turning around and looking at the Chaos Gate, as a double take. The World seems different today. Mused she as she entered the market place, withdrawing her weapon. A toothy grin greeted every avatar that locked eyes with Lorelai's forest ones. When the smiles weren't returned, the steam gunner couldn't help but frown. She ran her thin fingers through her hair from the crown in a restrained frustration. Suddenly, she was approached by a man who quickly opened his trenchcoat, flashing a wry smirk and asked Lorelai if she'd like to purchase some rare goods. Perusing his goods, Lorelai bit her lips. "I couldn't afford any of these. Sorry." Her eyes expressed discouragement, and the other avatar sighed.

"Half price for you, girl."

Forests lit up. Lorelai smiled wide and nodded sincerely. "Hey, thanks!" Payment and trade transferred. The man swiftly walked away, leaving the steamgunner to the idle walking around the market place. Lorelai chuckled to herself. Pulling out the flashy anklet that she bought which should help her stats slightly, her eyes grew wide. Great find, sister. She mentally gave herself a pat on the back before attaching the jewelry around her thin ankle. The woman was beaming while the others in the market place who watched the transaction laughed-- Lorelai was ripped off for the anklet, and although none of them had seen the piece before, it was obvious that it wasn't worth much.

Literally prancing out of the marketplace, McCloud clicked the server queue and filled in with one of her regular destinations. All she felt was a gust of wind thrash her hair around before landing right in a tree-- and she continued to fall out of the tree-- finishing with hitting the hard, hard ground. A puff of dirt around where Lorelai fell, but her whine of pain silenced when she saw two figures fighting with another group of avatars. She didn't want any attention brought to her, so she simply rose, dusted off her cargo pants and tightened a buckle on her shirt that pushed her breasts against her chest. In awe, Lorelai watched the large sythe cut through the monsters and the dual daggers rip the other to shreds. Inwardly, Lorelai wished she had picked a class more aesthetically appealing, but she had an unusual strength, which had to count for something. Right? The steamgunner pouted and leaned against the large tree that she fell out of.

Squinting and raising an eyebrow, Lorelai thought she recognized the man for a moment, but the feeling wore off quickly as the fight ended.

"Take him, he's yours!" He yelled to the woman with the green hair. Lorelai's gaze dropped to the monsters on the ground. Ouch.

"Wow. I see what you mean." Tsubaki said. Her ears twitched happily. "I wish I could stick around to meet that scythe girl, but I got someone calling for me."

As they headed for the exit, Takuya smiled. He had known about Tsubaki's baby, He had actually been the one to home-deliver it when she had gone into labor a month early.

"How is Atsuko doing anyway? She still gnawing your hair when you burp her?" he asked sarcastically.

"Sometimes. But I really gotta go. I'll see you in class tomorrow. Bye."

As Tsubaki logged off, Takuya leaned on the rail by the Fighters' entrance and waited. He was glad that his status as a lesser-knwon PK wasn't known by Tsubaki, but even he knew his status was well hidden due to the more well-known PK's such as the 'Red Scythe'.

"Alright," he thought. "She should be coming out soon."

He pulled his dual blades from their sheathes and inspected them as if he was an arms dealer, checking sharpness, that kind of thing. His father owned and ran a weapons shop in RL, but he didn't let that knowledge leak out online. He kept an eye on the gate and waited for Pallida, having caught her character's name at the start of the match.

Rin wound her way through the exiting crowd, firmly set on the human PC infront of her admiring his own blades. To her, they didn't look like much, but then again she never liked the whole 'twin blades' thing. She prefered one big blade, wielded with two hands and made to smash heads open. In fact, she'd almost gone with Blade Brandier just to have a broadsword, but decided it'd be more fun slicing PCs open with a scythe. And what do you know? She was right! Pallida the "Red Scythe" was a vicious PK, and chaotic too. Rin chuckled to herself as she remembered the days when that was fun and fresh, jumping into a mob of noobs trying to level up together and slicing them to digital ribbons. It eventually got boring though, especially after Riku gave up PKing. It was just no fun if she didn't have someone right along with her to hack up the noobs.

Breaking from her reveries, Rin hopped forward the last step towards the Adept Rogue, landing on both feet right next to the him in hopes startling the player. "Heyo, saw you watching my match. Enjoy the show...Lunar_Blade?" Rin had to pause as she checked to see what his name was.

-----------------------------------

Meanwhile, Riku was having less luck finding his target. Dammit, I know I saw that beast player still lingering around here somewhere. I should see him eventually. He's not that hard to miss, being all big and yellow. Not to mention that huge tail of his. Saw it get in the way of more than one player. I need to find out if he's the PK I think he is...

Vector yawned, standing up and swaying his tail as the matched ended, turning as the players behind him scowled. He smirked, showing his fangs, turning to head up the stands to the gate, the player he'd been speaking just sat there, irritated, he'd been no help at all Guy should be thankful he got to see the match... Vector thought to himself, gating to the main area and walking out, heading to the stairs that led behind the arena, he couldn't stand area's with alot of people, prefering to just wander around quiet area's, allowing himself to think. He got to the back of the arena building, it was a small courtyard with a few lights above, noone came here though, not normal player's anyway, it was out of the way, and there was nothing of interest here. "Heh... Good match I'd say.. Wouldn't mind working with those two in the arena... Least I know they have experience.." He stretched, walking to the edge of the courtyard and leaning against the wall, looking out at the landscape, his mind running over a checklist of things to do, his thoughts lingering on Fel for a while before moving onto other things.

Takuya sheathed his weapons and looked at her.

"Just call me Ken. Everyone else does." he said. "And yeah. I loved it. I was thinking of entering the upcoming Demon Palace Tournament, and it'll be my first time in the Arena. I was wondering if one of your status would like to join one such as myself in the Tournament."

He leapt up onto the ledge overlooking the stairs leading up to the black market and kept his eyes on Pallida. He knew better than to turn his back to a PK, former or not.

"My primary weapons are the dual blades you saw, but I also wield a scythe, like you. I also know a couple spells, but not many. Just simple stuff like Vak Don and Lei Zas. Nothing big, though. So what do you think?"

-----

Back in the real world, Takuya heard his phone ring. Keeping an eye on the monitor that he'd linked his M2D up to, he flipped it open.

"Moshi-moshi."

He was greeted by his mother's voice, letting him know she was on her way home. As he closed his phone, he noticed that the 'Red Scythe' hadn't answered. She was probably still thinking, he thouhgt, but he had something come up.

-----

The silver-haired character on the monitor shook his head.

"On second thought, I'll give ya my member address. Toss me a line when you've thought about it. I have to log out, since it's close to dinner, and my mother is visiting for the weekend."

He didn't log off, quite yet, though. He was curious as to whether she would trade member address or not, but he hoped she would.

"And when you get a chance, let that lance-wielder partner of yours know that the okami who was with me earlier thinks he's cute. Don't see what she does in the character visuals myself, but then again, I don't really get her period."

Fel successfully worked up a high enough combo for Michi to perform a Rengeki skill which would ultimately give more experience. She activated the Rengeki, her character pulling the bow back to aim at the sky. The electricity began to arc through the weapon again as she pulled the string back. The release was quick and the electric arrow shot up before exploding and raining down upon the remaining enemy. The damage arc came up, flashing double her normal damage average and the enemy disappeared in a flash. Michi looked satisfied enough and reattached the Eletro-Arch back to her lower back. "Easy enough. Well done, Fel," she said, offering a smile. It seemed she felt comfortable enough around him now because the stutter appeared to be gone from her voice.​

Rin settled back in her chair in real life, letting her character stand there as she thought about his proposition. She knew player's couldn't attack other players in town, even in Lumina Cloth. On the one hand, he's only an Adept Rogue. And being the whole twin blade/scythe combo, I don't know how effective he'll be. He might just get in the way. Then again, Riku and I could surge forward and coordinate while he blasts from the back with the few spells he know, and he joins in during the mop-up. Rin was almost too distracted to notice the offered member address. "Oh, thanks. I keep you updated, and I'll let my brother know what your friend thanks. Oh, and here's my member address too. If you ever need help killing stuff, gimme a call."

-------------------------------------

Riku wandered around the arena before the startling realization of his idiocy. Dammit, idiot. You're thinking like a player. Think like a PK. Why would a PK linger around these normal players? Probably couldn't even stand the crowd. At that realization, Riku immediately made his way around the corner, heading for the little visited back of the arena. There was a courtyard back there that was pretty isolated.

Riku rounded the corner, and smirked to himself as he saw the beast player resting against the wall. "Hey," he shouted, "are you that PK known as Vector? I heard you've been causing a bit of mischief lately."

Vector was about to log out when he heard a voice calling, his ears pricked up at the mention of his name and he turned, eyeing the player as he approached "Yeah I'm Vector, and so what if I've been causing trouble? You have something you wanna say about it?" He bared his teeth slightly before realising it was one of the players from the match. "Wait... You're that guy from the match.. From what someone said, your a former PK aren't you? You asked like one in the fight.. I could tell.." Vector wasn't one for looking into player history, so he didn't know of the player's PK name.

He brought up the other's info, looking at him "So, Riku, what do I owe the pleasure of speaking to an individual such as yourself?" He eyed the other, unsure of why he would be here, from his experience veteran PK's didn't go looking for other PK's in town.

Fel placed his scythe back up and nodded to Michi. "You're not half bad your self." He said with a smirk. "Come on, lets go see if we can find more items." Fel stated until a new user registered on his radar. He looked in the general direction of the person and put a hand on his scythe handle. "If you are a PK, show your self with your hands unarmed. If not, do the same." He said and then smirked in his head at his messed up statement. He sighed and then looked in the direction of the person once more. He knew it was no monster, it was alone and not moving any more.​

((OOC: How did you know Riku's real name? Rin and him have been refering to each other like that since they're siblings, so....meh, just chock it up to you overhearing them talking... XD))

"Heh," Riku smirked, "yeah, I was a PK back in the day. It didn't pan out though, and now I spend most of my time in the arena. But my past isn't much of a topic over your present. I here you causing a ruckus, and you're pretty smart about it. Most PKs are random, bu from what I've heard it sounds like you've actually made it a pretty interesting game for yourself. Folks are talking about how they catch sight of you around town, linger steps behind another player. Then that player turns up PKed, whining about a beast player. So, I'm thinking to myself why someone would waste all that time. Don't you have something more constructive to do?"

"Will do. I won't be online for a couple days, though. I got some errands in town, and my best friend asked me to babysit while she's out on a date. Once I'm back, though, I'm gonna do some levelling, see if I can't get to my second job advancement. I'm thinking either Blade Brandier, like my Sensei's PC was back in R:2."

Takuya leapt from the wall down the entire flight of steps, proving to be a bit more agile than a normal person, and he started walking towards the Gate.

"Later." And with that, he held out a hand in a classic anime-fashion. When he vanished at the Gate, his listing switched to 'Offline'.

-----

'Takuya! Dinner's ready!'

He turned his music down a bit and checked to make sure that his DVR was set to record the newest episode of 'Online Jack' before leaving the room. He personally hated the show, but it kept his mother and younger sister happy, since they were both technologically challenged.

"I'll be right down!" he called.

He knew that there were many male players out there who used female PC's just to screw with people's heads, but he got the feeling that the player behind 'Pallida' was a real girl, and she sounded real familiar. As he washed up for dinner, he thought of something.

"Nah, it couldn't be the Hinseihito Twins, could it? Father mentioned about Riku-San talking about a new game, but I don't really think..." he shook his head and put it up to the way he'd had the sound board jacked in.

"Next time I see Father, I'll have him ask Riku-San if his sister was the PK 'Red Scythe'."

((Gwah! Sorry XD))

Vector smirked, it was interesting hearing the profile he had built up, in a way he acted more like a real-life serial killer, picking a target, sticking with them and, bang, dead. He raised an eyebrow skeptically as he heard the question, amusement on his face "So killing people in the arena is constructive is it? I must of missed that part... And it's... fun... To just kill someone you've been tracking, if you just randomly picked a field and killed whoever was there, there's no build up, just a hit-and-miss scenario.." He looked the other over, "But I still can't think of why you came here.. Unless I was wrong about you and you actually came to tell me off for causing problems in the stand, because no real PK'er would give a damn.."

Micha gave another soft smile and bowed her head a slight in thanks. "Thanks!" she said, then trailed off as he looked off in the direction behind them. So, he had sensed the other behind them, so she turned around as well and re-equipped the scythe as her main weaponery, pulling it free and taking a stance for battle. Considering who the two of them were, a PK to seek them out here would be foolish. She hoped it was another of 'The World's' more simple players.​

• "If you are a PK, show your self with your hands unarmed. If not, do the same."

Green eyes darted to the man Lorelai thought seemed somewhat familiar. Peering around for a moment, she couldn't help but quirk a brow at his statement. Her gun was strapped to her back, so the steamgunner rose her gloved hands above her head awkwardly, as if she was being arrested. "I'm not a PK. I'm-- uh..." Remembering what she indeed called herself, Lorelai shoved her ankle out from under her, showing off the anklet she bought. The woman was completely unaware of its lack of worth; however, she beamed again as she was obviously proud of her purchase. "Treasure hunter. I'm not that great yet, but..." Lorelai observed the two avatars in front of her and admired their wares. "You guys seem to know what you're doing." Her crooked grin gave her a sincere countenance. The green-haired girl whipped her weapon around; as if on reflex, the Level 22 pulled out her steamrifle and took quick aim, lowering her brows in a glare.

"Watch who you're targeting!" Lorelai warned. When she realized that the avatar wasn't going to attack due to the man's original request, Lorelai stood tall from her stance and lowered her rifle. "Relax! I'm not a PK."The artificial wind picked up, rising her blonde hair slightly in the wind. She kept her eyes locked on the woman cautiously. Raising her brow again, the woman stated and apology half-heartedly. Lorelai ran her movements through her mind and wondered if she had done anything to cause the two alarm. [/list:u][/list:u]

Fel sighed softly when he saw the women come out but continued to hold a hand on his weapon cautiously. "If you aren't a PK, then why are you hiding?" Fel asked and looked at the anklet, holding back a laugh. "That isn't worth much ma'am. I could get better items killing level five monsters." He stated, releasing his grip on his weapon. "You might wana get your money back for that." He informed and started to walk off, changing his armor to a heavy set. His appearance changed from a blue robe to a set of red samurai armor, normally meant for Blademasters, but could be worn by anyone none the less. "I'm heading to a high area, you guys can follow if you want." He said as he passed the new girl heading to the chaos gate.​

"I'm relaxed, don't worry," Michi replied, her stutter not evident because of that fact itself. She only kept her weapon out because she was not about to become known unawares. Much less attacked. She listened to Fel speak about the bracelet and tried her hardest not to laugh at the poor woman. "I'm afraid he's right..." she added to his comment, feeling slightly sorry for the woman standing in front of her. Michi had been a new treasure hunter once and had her share of mishaps with scammers in 'The World'. When Fel started to walk away, she shook her head. "I'm afraid I won't be coming. Would you like my member address?"

• When the girl told her not to worry, Lorelai relaxed her tense muscles. She grinned apologetically to her for the misunderstanding. Turning her attention to the man, she let out an awkward laugh and explained, "I wasn't hiding... I just... well..." Lorelai grinned sheepishly, shrugging. "...Fell out of a tree. I didn't want you guys to think I was a PK. ...So much for that."

A blush surged over her cheeks when the two stifled laughter at her anklet. Self-conscious, the steamgunner's expression dropped as she pulled in her left leg. She looked down to her anklet, Lorelai ran a hand through her hair and sighed. "Nah," The young woman began, smiling weakly at the anklet. "Nothing wrong with having a momento, I guess!" The smile transformed into a toothy grin. As the man walked by and offered they join him, Lorelai searched through the armor panels, ultimately picking thicker, sleek, black leather pants and some metal shoulder armor. That was about all the steamgunner had, due to her being more of a long-range attacker than a direct melee. It was at that moment McCloud realized that money was definitely becoming an issue. Hopefully these two can help me with my treasure skills. She thought sheepishly as she watched the man walk away.

"I'm afraid I won't be coming."

Lorelai McCloud frowned at the avatar, disappointed. She was looking forward to learning from her, since she obviously was a great treasure hunter. The young woman would have asked her for her member address as well, but something told Lorelai that it would have been awkward, if not offensive.[/list:u][/list:u]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom