Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[OOC] Radical Action to Unseat the HOld of Monkey Mind

Any merits you recommend.

Double D tells me this guy is a real Robin Hood type. he specializes in frlying drones but also handles wheels well-especially his own bike. At one point a corp or three noticed that he was a bit of a prodigy mechanic and tried to recruit him, but he didn't trust them.

Is our story set in Seatle?

Possibly Jury Rigger, Golden Screwdriver, or one of the driving related merits. He could also take Made Man but instead of a crime family take it as a disparate group of people that are supporting back.

And yes, unless anyone wants to be on the shores of Lake Michigan.

I'll probably put up a new post tomorrow or Sunday, just to keep things moving along. Daredevil can narrate an entrance before then if he wants. Also, if anyone wants to put this negative quality on, have a look.

Pent Up
Karma - 6

Some people are just a little bit tightly wound. A person with this quality is not just a little bit tightly wound. Their normal state isn’t too bad when there’s no stress, but how often is that? For a runner, pretty rarely (as determined by wound penalty or edge spent) and so they often have to take some extra steps to properly unwind and gain the full benefits of their relaxation.

The player and GM should work together to decide the cost of the indulgence in time, nuyen, or penalty, or possibly a mix as appropriate to the proposed nature. Adjudicate carefully for mixes, and don’t stack the penalties for time. The extended duration at high levels should be more than enough given how this works,

Whenever the character plans (or does) rest enough to heal or recover Edge and has injuries enough to have an injury penalty or any spent edge, the character has to indulge at the proper level or higher or make an Intuition+Willpower roll. The base difficulty is 1, but for every level of indulgence below what the character should be at, raise the difficulty by 2. Failure on the roll penalizes the character as per the 10 point Insomnia negative quality. A Glitch should cause the costs to rise unexpectedly, and a Critical Glitch considers the character to fail all Intuition+Willpower rolls for this quality until they have indulged at the proper level twice.

Indulgence Table:
1-2: The indulgence is fairly tame at this level of stress. If the cost is levied in time, it should take no more than one healing instance for Stun damage. In nuyen, probably no more than 25 nuyen. A penalty should be only -1 in a limited circumstance for a few days or an equally short term increase in Public Awareness. This is fairly mild, after all.
3-4: This level of stress really requires some serious unwinding. For time, it should be one or two hours before qualifying, regardless of how resting it may be. In nuyen, it should probably run from 50 nuyen to just over 100 nuyen. A penalty should either be a widely applicable -1 with a small situation where it runs to -3 and last three day after the indulgence. Alternatively the character should see a drop in Street Cred by a point for anyone that would have known about the character based on Public Awareness for over half a week.
5-6: Be you a hooding runner, or the blackest of hats, this level of stress calls for just a bit too much indulging. For time, the indulgence should be four or five hours if it will allow healing to take place during it, or at least one and a half without. Nuyen should probably run no more than 200 nuyen without there being something else to show for the indulgence. A penalty should be ruinous to a normal person (say -4 dice) for just under a week after in a good number of circumstances. Alternatively, choose a group about the size of the one gained by Local Fame. For just over a week after, the character should suffer a penalty of two dice and one limit for aggressive or runner-like social interaction.Having seen this kind of overindulgence, it’s hard to take the character seriously.
7+: When you’re this stressed, you need some really excessive indulgence. In terms of time, the character should be a day late on healing, or about a day and a half over depending on if the activity discounts healing or allows it, respectively. The total nuyen indulgence should be at most 350 nuyen total for no additional gain or 25% if there is. A penalty should keep all but the best from doing much (-7 dice) for a week and a half after. Alternatively choose two groups, each about the size granted by Local Fame. These people treat the character’s social limit as 2 lower and dice pool as 3 lower for any social interaction not primarily about the character’s indulgence for two weeks.

Yikes, sorry about that.

So what I mean to say is would you still have me? I know it's been a while since I last checked in.

January was a rough month for me, so it made it really tough trying to do anything that wasn't work or getting sleep. I think I can get Asa/Siren finished soon. However, if that Seducer/Seductress shaman is not what you're looking for I can always roll something else up, like a Street Samurai or Adept.

Last edited:
I will try and unpack that sentence in the morning. It is too late right now.

I'm currently working on both Siren (The Seducer Street Shaman) and Hana (A Street Samurai) at the moment. Honestly I'm really up for either, just wondering what the crew would prefer to have on their team.

I think it's probably up to you. My character is a Shaman on paper but I didn't take any spirit summoning/binding skills (I focused on mind control magic) so there's probably plenty of room for doing big summons etc. it seems like besides that we have a combat adept and maybe a rigger so you could probably play what you prefer (The most useful classic role will probably be Decker which I think wouldn't fit well in forum play anyway).

I could do a decker as well, I had some limited experience as one for a game, but she was sorta a jack of all trades.

And if you do go decking/technoing, I can provide advice for both. If you feel like really stretching things, mage+decker.

I think a straight decker is the way to go for now, though I spread out her active skills a bit just so I could make what I think Vera would be in Shadowrun. Definitely if you have any advice or suggestions I would love to hear them.

Last edited:
Okay, depending on your confidence in things, you can just get a rating 2 deck (or one of the customs from Kill Code) and Perfect TIming. For serious hacking time, your free before is to switch your highest attribute into the limit of whatever you're doing and the free action after is to get back into defense mode. If you can spare to have configurator on both your offense and defense settings, then you may not even need Quick Config.

Make sure to have at least a few points of Edge, either to Break Limits or re-roll. An Arm of God (cyber-arm customized to racial Agi and then as fully enhanced as possible) is a great way to get combat ability without spending much in the way of skill points. Just remember to only use a one-handed weapon or implant weapon. That's the beginning two pieces. Anything more specific you're looking for?

I don't have the supplement for the Arm of God augmentation and I've been trying to look it up. I might still go for a high end deck. Right now I bought the Novatech Navigator. I noticed the sum to 12 does give us actually quite a bit to work with, so I was able to get decent skills and attributes so far.

I'd definitely like to do this armor of god augmentation. Though I am also curious about the Perfect Timing quality and these custom decks you are talking about from Kill Code. I still might shuffle around my skill points.

The Arm of God refers to any cyber-arm that's had the Agi customized as much as possible and then had as much Enhanced Agi stuck in it as the grade allows. So it's basically in the core, just a few extras are in Chrome Flesh. Perfect Time is a 5 karma quality from Run Faster. It gives a few bonuses but the big thing is that you get two free actions per turn that you have. As for custom decks, there are two product lines given as examples.

The N-series is a fixed deck that you buy DR and matrix attributes for. The attributes are locked and no matrix attribute can be higher than the DR you buy (remember, DR 6 max at creation) and is super cheap. It also has only one program slot, but at least you can change the program like normal. The Ex-series has a higher DR cost and the same locked and purchased attributes as the N-series. However, it can run two more programs than the DR would normally indicate and comes with onboard storage for twice that number of programs. Both are cheaper than a non-fixed deck or even semi-equivalent speciality deck.

Also in Kill Code is the Datajack Plus. Rating 1-3, a skoosh more essence and lots more cost. Plug it into a deck and you can run rating more programs.

Alright, well I am still working on the character at this moment, right now going with the name Matriarch since it was honestly was the best name a random name generator gave me. That and given Vera's personality of some of it reminds me of a Drow Matriarch.

I'll definitely pick up the datajack plus, though I might need to make custom version for Chummer since I don't think it's in the version I got. I don't think I have Chrome Flesh either unfortunately. Anyways I can always improve on the character more as we get into the game. Right now I'll trying to wrap up everything up. So I can post my character.

Can someone help us throw together (for Double D's character Tin Man) a ford econovan with hidden compartments for weapons and armor and concealed drone wracks for multiple fly spies and two roto drones?

So I really wanted to go with Code of Honor for a negative quality, should I take the Like a Boss Code of Honor quality? Or should we discuss some other type of quality. Really the way I see Vera as a hacker is that she's about precision and effectiveness. So if she intends to brick a system, it's supposed to be in one go. Basically it's the idea of one shot, one kill but applied to all of her actions. Vera has a very cold way of thinking, relying more on practicality and perfection over kindness and compassion. I think I was able to get the books loaded in so I should be able to wrap her up soon.

Can someone help us throw together (for Double D's character Tin Man) a ford econovan with hidden compartments for weapons and armor and concealed drone wracks for multiple fly spies and two roto drones?
So, if you want the landing drone racks, you can have two rotos and three fly spies. Along with an unshielded smuggling compartment, that brings the cost to 54,500 takes all weapon slots, and leaves you with 11 on the body mods, and 14 on the rest of the areas. Going for standard racks lets you bring the cost down to 37,000 and gives you 5 weapon slots free to put in more racks or built in weapons.

So I really wanted to go with Code of Honor for a negative quality, should I take the Like a Boss Code of Honor quality? Or should we discuss some other type of quality. Really the way I see Vera as a hacker is that she's about precision and effectiveness. So if she intends to brick a system, it's supposed to be in one go. Basically it's the idea of one shot, one kill but applied to all of her actions. Vera has a very cold way of thinking, relying more on practicality and perfection over kindness and compassion. I think I was able to get the books loaded in so I should be able to wrap her up soon.

Like a Boss is about being so good that you don't need to take the straightforward way (attack actions) to win a matrix fight. At least from my reading, you'd either want a Bad Reputation as overly perfectionist or Lazy Fingers from Kill Code (and that quality should probably called Cautious or something. It penalizes trying to get multiple marks with one Brute Force/Hack on the Fly action). Of course, given how matrix damage works, it's pretty easy to set up for a guaranteed kill on any normal device.

And if I misread you, correct me and I'll look up other stuff.

Tenshi tells me that he thinks I might be ready to enter the Fray, RSG. I have a lot of gear still to acquire, but it looks like I might be able to attend the meeting before specifying it. Do you feel the same?

Tin Man (Daredevil)

The Control Rig. It offers several bonuses, the biggest of which is that you add the rating as a die pool bonus on any vehicle tests when jumped in and lower thresholds by rating to a min of 1. A bit less impressive, but still really nifty is that when jumped into a vehicle you also raise Handling and Speed by the rating of the control rig. So don't forget the Rigger interface on the vehicle if you want that last benefit.

Back
Top Bottom