Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Anger from the Heart (Krad + Charmed)

It was finally time.

She waited nervously behind the massive doors that would soon open and the music would start to play signaling her descent down the aisle.

The opaque veil she wore over her face was lined with sparkling rhinestones and her hair which she'd had lightened to nearly blond, fell in delicate curls down her back. Her dress was a white strapless gown that was cut low in the back and was covered in rhinestones and pearls. Between her trembling hands she held a bouquet of red and pink roses.

The doors opened and as the music began to play- she started to walk forward....

He waited for the door to open, his heart pounding as she appeared. She looked more beautiful than he'd ever seen her. He sat back and breathed, watching her walk down the isle. He felt sick, he wanted to leave badly. Taylor could tell, and took his hand holding it comfortingly.

She saw him almost immediately. Her heart skipped a beat and her step faltered as she met his gaze. There was so much emotion there in that brief look and for a minute she wondered if she could go on. But then she looked around at the church full of people as they watched her adoringly and she knew she had to walk on....

He glanced away and down the isle, waiting for her to start walking. Taylor squeezed his hand lightly, leaning into his shoulder to give him a bit of a hug. He glanced quickly back up at the beautiful bride before she started walking and saw her eyes averted.

It was as if time stood at a stand still then proceeded in slow motion as she continued to walk towards Winston who stood at the alter with a smile on his face. Her heart felt like it would beat out of her chest and her palms were beginning to sweat.

She finally got to the alter and Winston took her hand as the preacher began the ceremony...

The old gentleman conducting the ceremony droned on for a while, then paused momentarily when he asked. "... speak now or forever hold your peace." David said nothing, but felt his brain burning as there was obvious tension in his body.

As if she could sense his tension from way back in the back of the church, Tansy turned her head and locked eyes with him...until his tension became hers as well....

The preacher continued on with the ceremony, since no one spoke up. David blinked at her as he watched her stand there, looking accross the hall at him.

David stood up as the bride and groom walked down the ile. Everyone around rose up and applauded as the music played. Someone in the crowd whistled loudly as David thought about the after party.

The reception was immediately following the ceremony at a nearby hotel ballroom. One hundred people had been invited and by the looks of it, they were all there.

Tansy danced with family and friends and after a few glasses of champagne got pretty tipsy...

David remained at the bar for most of the time, drinking shots of whisky as everyone else danced and enjoied themselves behind him. He watched in the mirrior as the bride went around to everyone thanking them for comming.

She surprised him when she came up behind him and placed her well manicured hand on his shoulder at the bar, " Hey, come dance with me" she said and didn't give him a chance to refuse her as she grabbed him by the arm and led him out to the crowded dance floor.

He stumbled a little as she took off with his arm, the rest having to follow. He put an arm aroudn her waist and took her hand as they begun to fall into step. He looked down at her as they danced, watching her eyes.

" Are...are you O.K.?" she asked him as they danced. She was rather tipsy herself and found she couldn't help holding him a little TOO close to her body. " I hope that you understand David, I'm sorry if I hurt you- " Then she chuckled and said, " Would you believe that during the ceremony, I actually thought you might speak up when the preacher asked if anyone had any objections?" She looked closely and carefully into his eyes as she said it, and an almost wistful look took her smile away-

"It's... not important right now. This is your big day." he said, he didn't smile but said it calmly. He watched her smile fade, wishing it haddn't, he was feeling ok till now. "You look perfect." He said looking at her ear rings.

"Thanks....wish I felt perfect." she said and quickly looked away. She didn't want him to see the tears form in her eyes....

He held her gently in his arms, his fingers softly stroking her back as they swayed to the music. He didn't want to speak, but didn't think he could anyway with the lump in his throat. He tried to avoid her eyes as well, glad they weren't looking at eachother.

Suddenly her emotions became too much and she said in a barely controlled whisper, " Ex...excuse me.....I....I have to go to the restroom" then she turned and left the dance floor.

He let go and let her run off. He glanced around the dancefloor for a moment, a few people looking around, concerned about the bride suddenly running off. He returned to the bar and sat down, ordering another drink.

As Tansy escaped into the bathroom, she locked herself into one of the stalls and was glad nobody was in there to hear her cry. She was so frustrated and well, yes..angry with David! For so long he had professed his love for her and yet even after they'd had sex, he never once showed any intention of fighting for her.

She had hoped, and waited for anything- a sign from him to show that he wanted her NOT to marry Winston, that HE wanted her instead but he never gave anything......

And then, today of ALL DAYS, she still held out hope that no matter the scene it caused or the problems that arose from it, he'd speak up when the minister asked if anyone objected to the marriage.....but, he didn't say a word. And now, it was too late- Damn Him!!!

But maybe the problem wasn't that he didn't speak up to claim her or his love for her because he obviously didn't REALLY love her anymore-

And that realization made her cry even harder....

After two more shots he walked toward the bathroom, looking for her. He paused at the women's room door and listened. He opened it slightly and peered in, seeing her wedding dress under the stall door. "Tansy?" He asked, the bathroom quiet and echoing his words. He stepped in and closed the door, waiting for a responce from her.

She held her hand over her mouth at the sound of David's voice. " What?" she managed to say between sobs. Oh God! What was he doing in here? she thought as she wiped her face and tried to compose herself.

" Come to say goodbye?" she said as she made her way out of the stall.

He walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her lovingly. He embraced her against him, running his fingertips over the dress she wore. "No..." He was quiet for a moment. "Don't cry... please." He said, his voice wanting to crack.

It was as if those words broke a dam inside her and she broke down- completely. She sobbed against his chest while she clung to him- her whole body trembled and shook.

Then, the words she had thought for so long came flowing out- " Why David? Why didn't you stop it? Why didn't you speak up when...when the minister asked...." her sobs grew worse making it hard for her to get the words out.... " I thought...I thought you...l...loved me.."

Back
Top Bottom