Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tracking MyBB Missing Feature Tracking Thread

Vekseid

Most imposing inkwell.
Administrator
If there is a feature from MyBB that you want, make a note of it in this thread and I will list it here.

Three categories to this.

Private Messages

• I've begun working on a tracking system. It will be awhile before it is ready.
  • New search system is largely finished. I just need to style it.
  • Also begun working on a new folder system.
  • Am working on extending the Conversation system in general with a number of novel features. Reply reminders, merging options, etc.
  • Will look into utilizing private conversations with self as private noteboxes.
  • You will probably see the initial version of this in a week or two.
Legacy MyBB Code

• You can now see the list of BBCodes on the help page.
  • Tables now work.
  • Legacy aligns now work, though they won't mesh well with the editor and you'll want to use the new versions
  • Roman and alphabetical lists don't work yet.
  • I won't be able to convert image size specifications over.
  • Horizontal rules don't work yet. I am hoping to find a way to keep it a self-closing tag.
  • Everything else either is understood by Xenforo's parser, or has been converted in the database.
Other MyBB Features

• Previous/Next thread buttons.
  • Option to privatize followers.
  • Subject per post (probably not happening)
  • Message icons
  • Smiley Restoration (MyBB + XF 1.0 Smileys)
  • (Post your requests and I'll add them)

Last edited:
Oh, there are a few little things I was thinking of that I knew XenForo wouldn't have, but have not been covered yet...

One I can think of now is the "title in post" way MyBB worked for threads. Changes to thread-titles could be viewed over the course of posts in a thread, as each post automatically included the thread's title at that point in time--and while an almost never-used capability, it was even possible to edit that field in a post directly so that it had something different from what the thread title was at the time. But every post within a thread containing that thread's title at the time of posting is something that I would personally miss if we go without it, and...I don't think it would be a difficult add-on to the forum software? If it's more than a simple implementation, then I wouldn't press much for it, our wonderful webmaster Vekseid has done so much already, but it is a MyBB feature-request I have if it is possible.

Actually sort of related to the above request, but if it -is- possible to do the above thing of thread-titles-in-posts, then I would also request if it's possible to include "title icons" like we used to have as well. It was something not many people used, I only really 'discovered' it in the last few months, but it was a really neat thing I liked and started using for PMs (particularly things like "questionmark", or "i-for-information", or even just smiling-face and super-happy-face, but I also used others from time to time). Also would be the primary use of actually being able to change what the thread-title-field inside a post most commonly had when it was used, people putting special "title icons" into specific posts within a thread. Would be a cool thing to have back, if possible.

Second request; I don't know if there are already any plans for it or if it's already been deemed unfeasible, but if it's possible to get a "private notebox" back, that only the person using it can see and can be filled up and edited at any time, that would also be awesome, another underutilized feature that I only discovered the value of around the end of last year ^^; (in fact, if we could actually have -multiple- "notes" in one collection, each separately title-able and editable, that would be awesome. If not, I can just keep using Conversations-with-myself that came from converting "PMs sent to self", as slightly messy as that gets since I'll have to keep adding new posts in my self-Conversations since editing old messages in a Conversation has a time limit. Possible, but not ideal.)

Third request: smilies. I knew smilies would be changing from MyBB to XenForo, I didn't know they'd also change from XenForo 1 to XenForo2 (apparently the XenForo forums I am familiar with are still sticking to significantly-modded 1.0, this whole 2.0 thing is new to me), but they all look nice in their own way and have value, and I know that it -is- possible to add "custom smilies", so...could we include all the old MyBB smilies, -and- the XenForo 1.0 smilies, into our current collection? Requesting that if possible.

Fourth request; I don't know if I'd actually use this personally, and it's not exactly a "MyBB thing", but as the old Buddy List was private, I can imagine people who might want this; could it be possible to implement a feature to optionally hide one's "Following" and/or "Followers" list? (perhaps with the same "All Visitors", "Members Only", "People you Follow", and "Nobody" scheme that existing privacy features already have, if that can be done?) Some might not like to 'advertise' that sort of thing with it visible.

Fifth request; XenForo 1.0 had a "more options" button when making a post in either a thread or conversation, that opened a new tab/window with just the post to be worked on. It also had a button for switching from the WYSIWYG editor to a pure BBcode editor. Both of these things appear to be missing from XenForo 2.0. Please bring them back if possible!

There might have been one or two other things, but that's all I remember right now. If I recall more later, I'll drop them here as well. Thank you again for all the work you've done for this place already Vek, you can't be thanked enough! ^.^

Last edited:
Would it be possible to make it so that there are more than one signatures per person per page? I kinda miss that from the old BMR if I'm honest :p

Requests:

- Remove the dead space to the left and right; Xenforo has this love of wasting real estate. Right now I've got about 2 inches of dead space on either side of my screen. If there's a client-sid fix for this I'd be all for it as well.
- Is it possible to block yourself from seeing someone's posts by default, but not completely ignore them? Example, if I've already messaged someone and we're not going to be compatible RP-wise, I'd like to be able to hide their posts by default in the RP boards so I don't end up messaging them again later.

@mtalos You mean like a thread-list-only ignore that doesn't block their posts if they post in a thread or you are otherwise linked to them?

@Vekseid That would be amazing if there was a way to hide users' threads from the list. Even just a "Hide posts from these users in threads they start" Or "only hide posts from these users in the 'Roleplay Requests'" forums would be great.

there used to be a way to turn an entire thread into a 'printable' version to make backing up each rp much easier. Is that option still there and I'm not seeing it? I tend to be a bit ditzy about that kind of stuff.

Would it be possible to make it so that there are more than one signatures per person per page? I kinda miss that from the old BMR if I'm honest :p
there used to be a way to turn an entire thread into a 'printable' version to make backing up each rp much easier. Is that option still there and I'm not seeing it? I tend to be a bit ditzy about that kind of stuff.

Count me in for these two ideas. I was on my way here to suggest them both but I see others ahead of me are already thinking the same.

One thing thats a pretty small feature I think was that I used to have a line when writting that blinked and showed where my text would appear when typing in these boxes. I really miss that line, because it made writing on mobile much more functional. Can we get this back?

I was told by someone in chat I should re post my question here. Hope I'm not bugging you. My question is; is there a way to reverse the display order of messages?

I can't make any guarantees about any browser that proxies your requests and processes them on their servers, unfortunately.

You can try turning off the WYSIWYG editor (the gear button on the right).

Any early bump is automatically absorbed into the previous post, so you are no longer able to violate the early bump rule. Not sure why you need a site clock when you can just use your computer or smartphone clock, but if you believe it has been 24 hours, then just go for the bump. If you're early, it will just absorb into the last post and you won't be flagged for early bumping bc it doesn't bump your thread up within the Request Thread section. In short, you are safe from any early bumping infractions, so bump when you think it has been 24 hours and you'll be fine either way.

@FavoredFox I think the solution here would be to make a minimal style (hide the controls, etc.)

@Machiavelli is working on css and should have the access on the staging forum to build such a thing if he wishes (or I could at least get it started).

The “view next thread” and “view previous thread” buttons please! <3

Back
Top Bottom