Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Monster X Samurai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Standing around inside was only going to render Roman's strength useless if a fight did break out. Putting humans in harm's way was a fruitless endeavor no matter how badly he wanted to clarify the situation for that strange man that appeared to be completely blind when it was convenient. Although it wasn't his intention to fail to hear Arianrhod trying to keep up with him, he did make it clear to the outside of the building before the blonde's bubbly figure caught his attention once more. As she called out his name, he nodded to her and didn't even take note of how populated the walkways were for the time of day it was. The moon could just as easily be seen as anything else granted that the clouds stayed far away from it. "Didn't stay for the shot?" He tried to be humorous. If the mask of a seemingly innocent dragon girl wasn't entirely false, it still bothered him that the other man didn't even pay any mind at all to the way her gauntlet glowed in response to their attention. Roman's known some hunters with different priorities before, but this one baffled him.

The blush came back to her as he compared her to the succubus species that were most commonly associated with that description, quickly shaking her head as she sat up a bit surprised that he was a hunter and trying not to look embarrassed when he called her cute.

He saw her blush and smiled again, more honestly this time, "I take it your not here for the sightseeing, and it's a pleasure that I have not often had to meet your kind."

“ well I mean wouldn’t hurt anyway to see what there is to see. Well yeah my species is probably the rarest you’ll find nowadays since most of my ancestors were killed rather mercilessly in the time they’ve been around.” Shrugging as Haruka sat up with a bored sigh. “ this is the first time in a while probably that I’ve made myself most obvious to find but I mean there’s a time where I can’t hide myself anymore anyway.”

“It’s more like this is the only human form I can actually take weirdly enough, it’s just that this time I didn’t decide to wear a robe or a mask or anything to hide my face or appearance like that to be honest. I really just didn’t care right now not to hide myself. I don’t have really any shifter powers accept when I change into my two other forms which are linked to my gauntlets. These slowly increase and store power over time from natural energy and I can use that energy to naturally make my punches stronger or fire a more concentrated beam than my lasers.” Explaining her general attention in rather short detail.

“ and I’m not afraid to pick a fight with anyone and lose if I have to as long as I’m not even dead than anything” Giving a soft chuckle at her odd joke.

He smirked at her joke. "Well I am glad you desided not to wear a mask then. Im Marco, and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." It was rare for him to fond someone he could so easily talk to, it was... nice to be able to do so. "Are you staing in this hotel?"

“ mmm not really, like I said before I was just using this as a place to even go and stay for a bit but I was thinking about it though.” Shrugging as she sat up in her seat, “ I am haruka or Haru if you want.” Giving a small smile as she was a bit happy showing it off with an expression than saying it as she would again feel weirdly embarrassed

He offered his hand. "A pleasure to meet you. Well, if you are not staying here, I might he able to recomend a place where the company and the staff is less confrontational." He said in reference to the samurai. He wrote down an adress for a four star hotel up town on a napkin it across the table to her. "Just tell the desk you are looking for "adaquit" accommodations. They will know what to do. Unfortunately I jnow have some buissness to attend to. But, I hope to earn the pleasure of your company again." A smile covered his long face as he put on his hat, tipped it, then left the bar.

The girl just sighed at least seeing that someone did see her as a monster beside the appearance as she laid her head on her Armando on the table before eventually walking out herself and looking around, before deciding then to go for the odd hotel.

The Hotel seemed normal. It was a very nice if old hotel and it seemed to attract some very nice clientele. The oddity of it came out at the desk.
"A friend of Marco's huh?" Said the woman at the desk." She asked for the note he had given her, and seeing it was her hand writing she smiled and gave the woman a key for her room, and a key for the 12th floor lounge that was apparently only for members and refereed guests. "Please enjoy your stay ma'am, and if you need anything at all feel free to call the desk at any hour." Her keys were placed in an envelope that also had a note in it. "F0r the comfort and security of our guests, we ask that you refrain from taking any guests to the 12th floor lounge, or discussing it with non-members. As someone of exstra ordinary ancestry we hope you can appreciate this request."

She sighed feeling nervous as she stepped up and simply gave the note, just giving a nod then as she didn’t really think much about it as it wasn’t like she would meet anyone new already the moment she had walked in, taking the things and starting to explore.

On the surface, nothing seemed odd about the hotel. She did receive quite a few stares from the guests, but the closer she got to her room the less and less people stared and a few people didn't even take notice. The people also seemed to get odder, Some were pale, some stayed bundled up and some just had something off about them.

Standing around inside was only going to render Roman's strength useless if a fight did break out. Putting humans in harm's way was a fruitless endeavor no matter how badly he wanted to clarify the situation for that strange man that appeared to be completely blind when it was convenient. Although it wasn't his intention to fail to hear Arianrhod trying to keep up with him, he did make it clear to the outside of the building before the blonde's bubbly figure caught his attention once more. As she called out his name, he nodded to her and didn't even take note of how populated the walkways were for the time of day it was. The moon could just as easily be seen as anything else granted that the clouds stayed far away from it. "Didn't stay for the shot?" He tried to be humorous. If the mask of a seemingly innocent dragon girl wasn't entirely false, it still bothered him that the other man didn't even pay any mind at all to the way her gauntlet glowed in response to their attention. Roman's known some hunters with different priorities before, but this one baffled him.

Arianrhod shook her head, sighing. “I didn’t want to stay in there.” The blonde looked over her shoulder, then back at the tall man. “Something about that man just... I-I dunno.” She shuddered, shaking her head again. “He... He wasn’t human, that’s for sure... I-I don’t know what tipped me off... b-but I could tell...” She reached and clutched at her back, her green eyes going wide. “I... I need my sword,” she murmured. “Would... would you mind going with me to get my things?”

"Speak of the devil, and he shall appear." Said Marco, now standing behind her after leaving the bar. "No wonder your kill count is so high with those manners samurai." Marco locked eues with the man and tried to judge his mood. "I wanted to be subtle but sintead I will he blunt. Why are you here? What are you hunting? You may think it's none of my buissness but it may certainly be my buissness."

She continue to look around a bit before deciding to back outside for a little while as it would be fine to at least look at the rest of the area round at least, finding a spot alone and changing into her armored form, “ boosted gear dragonsteel plate.” Her form changing into a more metallic half human half dragon form with green eyes as her gauntlets flowed a steady green before deciding to explore by using the rooftops.

His eyes began to feel a little heavy as he looked down upon Arianrhod, taking in her unease with her words and her request. Of course he could go back inside with her. But, if he were to go back inside and that unruly duo wanted to cause trouble, he'd have to deal with dragging the fight outside before he could really act in any useful way. The proximity to humans was dangerous when taking into account the way he dishes out damage. Of course, he didn't want to let her down. He didn't want to make her feel as though she wasn't worth his time or that he was actually threatened by those two in any fashion. He sighed lightly and gave her a small smile. "I'll come with you to pick up your sword. There really isn't anything to fear when you've got me." He wanted to give her a corny thumbs up, just because it'd feel right. But, before he had the freedom to do so, the blind-when-convenient male from inside had joined them rather suddenly. Roman knew this was the one she was concerned about.

Stepping and turning so that he shielded Arianrhod with his back and his palm rested upon his weapon ready to pull it, he looked to the male now. "My manners have nothing to do with it." His eyes narrowed, almost in sheer annoyance. "If a dragon just marches into a public area full of humans, turns to the nearest hunter and makes their fist glow as a threat, that isn't a cause for celebration. If it weren't for those who would be in harm's way we'd be having a significantly different conversation right now." He didn't let up as this one was growing on his nerves. "I'm here to put an end to a certain vampire whose made his intentions for this place and the humans within it rather clear. Should your own intentions align with his then you'd be right. You are my business. And I'd settle things."

He smiled but it was clearly a threat. "I have lived longer than you can immagine hunter, and I have seen more distruction than you can stomach caused by people like you looking for a monster to slay and glory to find." He was a hunter of convience, but still a hunter, so he knew what that meant. a hunter was supposed to protect human life and he often found that diplomacy did that better than a sword. "if you kill that vampire it is no concern of mine, but I have buissness with him well, I need information. If you are willing to work with me on this we can both get what we want, if your not then I warn you. I won't let you kill him until I have what I want from him."

Arianrhod stepped behind Roman as he shielded her, her right hand slipping beneath her jacket to pull one of her pistols out. While it probably wasn’t the smartest move, the blonde woman felt threatened by the odd man in front of them. “J-Just... just back off!” She stammered, leaning around Roman and aiming the gun at Marco. “I... I don’t want to shoot you, b-but I will i-if I have to!” Her hand shook even as she aimed the cold steel at Marco, indicative of her shy nature.

Dicing this guy up was growing to be something of a selfish desire for Roman at this rate. Being directly involved with harm to humans is his primary concern to slaying monsters and this one certainly had all the makings of something he should put down before things got too carried away. It was annoying the way he spoke like he knew who Roman was, especially all of the parts he got wrong. Then he noticed Arianrhod's pistol making it's way around him and pointing at Marco, which made Roman pause to rethink a few things. "And if you had to, you should." He calmly noted to his blonde and delightfully curvy companion before reaching up with his hand from the hilt of his weapon to touch the back of her palm that held the gun. Not to take it from her or hold her hand, but to remind her that he was here and to let her feel him just briefly.

With a sigh, Roman glared to the man's taunting smile. "Your diplomacy is hypocrisy and nothing more. Your foul way of writing others off is also almost unnervingly infuriating. If you really are as self-serving as your actions and words imply then it's no wonder that you lay no credence to the fact that I'm here to protect something that your cowardice would leave in ruin." Although he'd rather draw the might of his weapon and rely on it's winds to defend his newfound friend and put an end to this two-faced wretch before him, Roman wouldn't let his hand seek it's hilt once more. Partially because he was confident in his ability to survive long enough to draw it should he have to, and partly because the concept of not having to step on toes that needn't have his attention despite the overwhelming desire within him to squash them for their arrogance. "I have a hard time believing any hunter worth his salt could lend you the sliver of trust necessary to begin working with you without lies and deception on your part. To this end, I won't make plans or go out of my way to help you reach your goal. Find the vampire before I do." Roman finished his line without turning his back. At least like this he showed a sign that respect may exist. To the extent that he didn't underestimate the blind-when-convenient male that he so despised.

He didn't want to fight these to. Nit tuat he lacked faith in himself. Even if he didn't survive the battle he knew it would cost them, besides their willingness to be comvative in the bar had made them an ally and he a friend powerful enough to tip the scales. "You speak much if which you know nothing. I did not come here looking for a fight like you samurai, I still do not want one. But if you insist on drawing that sword you will have one." He could disarm the woman but the samurai would do something and he didn't want a fight. He turned his lips into a smile. "The vampire can tell you where to find twenty humans and monsters. The last of a cult that summoned a powerful demon from hell in the 13th century and used it to do terrible things before they lost control of it. I have spent my life hunting this cult down and unless you want to deal with another monster that even you might well fall too I would suggest you question him before you kill him. I am not your enemy but if you insist in making me one I might be. If you doubt my credibility ask your superiors about Marco Demodine." Then he stepped to the side and walked past them.

Arianrhod kept her gun trained on the man even as he walked away, until he was a sufficient distance away that he would cause no harm. The blonde woman heaved a sigh of relief, her arm dropping to her side. “God... I was sure he was going to snap,” she murmured, tucking her pistol away in its holster under her jacket. Without checking to see that Roman was actually following, she made her way to the elevator, zipping her jacket up once more to conceal her current weaponry.

Some of the hotel patrons watched the two of them as they entered the elevator. Arianrhod leaned heavily against the inner wall after selecting her floor, pulling her keycard out of the back pocket of her jeans. “That... That was way too close...” she huffed. “I don’t know what he was saying about a demon summoned in the 1400s... o-or the name ‘Marco Demodine’... b-but I don’t think we’ve seen the last of him...”

Eventually she made it back to the hotel still in her armored form, gauntlets keeping the green glowing color as she now stood a bit taller than most of the other people, of course seeing her with shocked,confused, or scared faces. A smirk suddenly moved onto her lips before looking around and walking off a few feet as her armor started to disappear and the girl turned back into her normal form.

"Careful, you might attract the Samurai again." Said a familiar voice as Marco started to walk along side her. " Though if he showed up here it woudl not be very smart." Assuming he would even want to fight here, between himself, the dragon, and hotel security the veil would be short an agent. "Unfortunately he and his friend are rather short sighted." Which was odd, because judging by the magic coming off of the woman she was not entirely human herself, though perhaps she didn't realize it. "Would you like to join me for dinner. It seems like I don't have any other plans. "

Deep down Roman would always wonder why monsters saw things so very differently than humans do. Some monsters were human once, after all. And that particularly vocal one definitely saw the world entirely differently than Roman and Arianrhod. Things like facts didn't really seem to bother the self-righteous so-called desire-er of diplomacy. As though monsters were just so generally accepted in this world that a very dangerous one could stroll up into a populated building with her gauntlets glowing as a clear threat to the nearest identifiable hunter and it was his fault for making assumptions. Biting his own lip before having a short laugh, Roman tried to clear his head and follow Arianrhod on her mission back to the elevator. At the end of the day, thinking further on this issue was pointless. Whatever that thing was had some concept in his head about who Roman was that he just wasn't going to drop, and concerning himself with that could potentially be putting more lives in danger than otherwise would be. He's gotta be the disciplined man he knows he is and just focus on the important details for now. Dekard the vampire wasn't going to show his face until he was ready to, and when that time comes Roman wasn't going to let some other monster get in his head and make things any more difficult than they need be.

"You did well, by the way." He complimented Arianrhod, knowing by her stammering and slipping on the beginnings of her words that she had to have been immensely stressed or worried whereas Roman was just supremely annoyed. His smile for her and the way he'd reach over to pat her shoulder as they gathered in the elevator was something that came naturally to Roman not like how in other ways that social interactions with those who didn't know of the Vale usually weren't so natural. "I hope we haven't seen the last of him either. It's not going to be easy to rest until I've really exorcised my frustrations with him thoroughly." Roman dropped his smile as he scratched at his chin. "You know, if you breakdown that last name... Demodine... You could build the words 'Die' and 'Demon'. Not that I think there's anything significant to that."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom