Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Seeds of Evil) B. 1-2 Interludes: Four Days In Honeytown

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ah, tea will suffice, thank you." Narunir took one of the offered cups and drank from it, savoring the soothing blend. "To business then. Although I've studied a fair bit, and spoken with a few practitioners of the arcane, I don't believe I've ever encountered any that uses magic as you do." Another sip, then the half-elf continued, "For starters, I'd like to know if your methods of tapping into the arcane is something inborn as mine is, or if you draw from some other source?"

Balenore takes a cup of tea himself planning on returning the bottle to the innkeeper so it does not get charged to the count, and sips it slowly.

Hmm. A sorcerer then? Lucky you. It is a tad bit of both really Pike there is akin to a spell book for me he teaches and helps me prepare all of my spells. Though in order to hex I do not require him and it is all me and most hexes can be used indefinitely tough some of them will not work on a specific person more than once a day.

Since you are a sorcerer do you mind telling me what in your bloodline caused it?

Narunir

The half-elf smiled slightly at the word 'lucky', though it didn't quite meet his eyes. "Not quite the word I'd have used, but yes, not needing a spellbook has certainly helped e out a time or two." Picking up a pad and quill as Balenore began describing his methods, Narunir began taking extensive notes, the nib practically flying across the page. "Fascinating...To think a creature can act in such a way!"

"No, I don't mind at all," he said after a moment, taking a moment to gather his thoughts. "My ancestors have spent generations studying the arcane arts-and that's elven generations by the way-each of them adding countless pieces of knowledge to our collection of information. Of course, keeping so much magic in one place tends to have some interesting effects on those living there." He waved a hand lightly in the air, "I'll spare you the messy details, but by the time I was born all that arcane energy had...for lack of a better word, 'imprinted' on me."

He does more than that Pike can make any magic item I can; wonderous, potions, weapons and armor to be exact. When he works with me we each work twice as quickly meaning we do two magic times in half the amount of time it takes most to do one. Pike also has his own spell like abilities he can use that are very helpful. Prestidigitation and Open/Close to be exact. Though that is not unique to witches I do find pike most helpful.

If your family has that much knowledge and background then you must have a plethora of spells at your disposal.

Narunir

"Hmm, you might think that, however..." Narunir ran a hand through his hair, pushing most of the white strands back. "While the issues between wizards and sorcerers are largely stereotypes and cliches, many in my family are the sort to live down to them." It hurt a little to speak of his family in this way, but it was the truth after all. "And besides, it's not as though I could pick up a spell book and cast anything in it's pages could I? No, my selection of spells is rather more...limited than you might suspect."

He perked up a moment later. "Though when I was with them certainly it was no great difficulty to find a scrap of information that might be needed. If nothing else, wizards are typically scrupulous note-takers."

Balenore's eyes narrowed, he knew wizards to be stingy with their spells; however, he expected family to at least help each other. He sets his tea down, thinking carefully before replying.

I'm sorry that they would treat you like that. While this may be hard to hear, if it is the correct type of page then yes, yes you can just pick it up and use it. Tell me, do you know the Enlarge Person spell? If not then I have an easy way to demonstrate this, ask Arimina if you can borrow hers. We made the page that grants access to it just yesterday. Please don't think it works like a scroll however, the item is permanent because it does not use it's own power rather the sorcerer provides that.

YS5piT6.png

"Of course," Dahlia's eyes lit a little at his smile. "Please come in." She lead him through the door. The temple was made to let in as much light as possible and there were growing things in pots lining the walls. The alter and pews were wood, carved with bass reliefs of flowering vines.

"Do you need anything for your meditation?"

Seeing her eyes light up, his did in turn as he was soon led through the door. Looking around, the beauty of the temple was quite obvious, and immediately he felt relaxed. “Well, I suppose some company would not hurt at first, actually. I wasn’t expecting to see anyone else inside the temple today, you are a faithful of Chauntea, right?” He asked, his tone a little more casual and open.

Brown cheeks dimpled beautifully. "Last spring Grandmother named me her sucessor to lead this temple." She frowned for a moment, though it was obviously a source of great pride to her. "I do pray that's a very long time coming, though!"

Narunir

Narunir shrugged a little at Balenore's sympathy, listening intently as he explained the uses of magic. "I'm afraid I don't know that spell," he said, clearly interested in what the elf was describing. "Ah, that does sound useful however, it seems likely that, should we continue working together, I will be making use of your creations."

I cannot take credit for them being originally created, they have been around for centuries, but I certainly can make them for you whenever we have the time. Do you have any more questions, or is there anything I can help you with?

Balenore sips his tea smiling, making a customer when he was off was not unheard, but still rare enough to be novel.

Aramina came over, pulling a scroll case out of her bag. "Did you want to see the page?" she asked, drawing it out of the scroll case. "I had to practice with it a few times. I've not had a lot of opportunities to read, but i think I've got it now."

She showed the parchment to Narunir.

Narunir

The half-elf took the offered paper, smiling at the redhead as he did so. "Thank you Aramina," he said, taking it and giving it a once over. "Very interesting..." he said as he examined it further

Rolled Knowledge (Arcana) to study it more in depth: 14+7=21

It was superficially similar to a scroll, but as Narunir perused the words, he could feel his magic responding to them. The skilled sorcerer could almost immediately feel how he could use his own energy to fuel the magic in the paper.

Narunir

"Yeah, I think I could make use of something like this," Narunir continued, handing the scroll back to Aramina for her to return to it's case. He smiled at the bright-eyed redhead, feeling a bit warmer in her presence.

“I see, you are the successor? That must be quite the responsibility. She must trust you quite a bit to give it to you.” He smiled back, looking around. “Would you show me around the temple then? I’d love to see it more, and you must know it quite well.” He added, Alyx’s eyes looking to her more softly.

Dahlia's cheeks dimpled even further. "I'd love too. It's not very big, but we there is more than you see here." The girl rose and paused for a moment, wondering if he'd take her arm.

The nut brown girl lead Alyx out of the temple and around to the back. There--along with some statues and iconography, she showed him herb gardens and spoke briefly about the medical qualities of each one. Occasionaly she was give a little blush or stammer before mentioning that naroot would prevent conception in a woman, or that Vastril would increas a man's vitility. Honey bees bumbled about among the herbs, sharing flowers freely with collorful butterflies.

Then she gesture to a basement. "Would you like to see the mushrooms?"

Recognizing a few of the flowers and herbs off hand from his own knowledge of the wilds, he just gave a small smile even when she seemed to get a little flustered. “You know the temple pretty well. It sounds like you’re going to be a great heir to it once you take seniority! I’d love to see the basement, of course.’ He spoke, brushing briefly against her with his toned and warm body as he moved aside her, keeping his eyes on her for a moment. “It’s not often one sees such beauty in nature like this, let alone in a temple. I had hardly expected this when I came in for some repose.”

The nut brown girl grew a little flustered at his response, then stretched up on her tiptoes and kissed Alyx on the cheek. "I don't think anyone's ever let me talk llike this before. Thank you." She took a few steps backwards, then turned to lead him into the basemment.

It was dark for a moment, then she unhooded a lantern revealing a red crystal disk enchanted to shed a soft rosy light over various beds of mushrooms--all manner of fungus. "All manner of medicines and antitoxins can be made from these," She explained, hopping up onto an empty work table and beckoning for him to join her. "Magic potions, too. Nature yields all manner of bounty, to those who know where to look for it."

“Is that so? I’m surprised, I admit. A girl as pretty as you, I would think she’d have suitors lined up for miles...” he trailed off, soon following her into the basement as he looked to the mushroom and funal beds. “Of course, a few of these are meant to help with even simple things like headaches or running fevers, I think.” Moving to sit next to her on the bench, his hand again idly brushed against her thigh. “Nature does yield bounty…. And some of it comes from surprising places.” Alyx added, looking to her, his flirting a little less subtle, but all the more earnest as he kept a smile.

Dahlia responded with a dimpling grin, and the rosy light brought out her flush prettily. She took Alyx's hand and lanced their fingers together, then leaned into him, sighing softly. "I have a few," She replied, "But when I talk to them, their eyes glaze over." She looked up into his eyes and whispered, "You've heard every word I said."

With their fingers lacing together, he gave her a smile in turn and squeezed her hand. "What can I say? I do like listening to people, and you're quite the bright young woman. People should be appreciated for more than their looks, I feel." And while she certainly had looks, she had brilliance as well. "Perhaps meditation right now is not the best idea, not when I have such perfect company. Perhaps I could take you away from the temple for just a bit? I'm sure even youmust get a bit tired of being here all day. Is there anywhere you'd want to go?"

Dahlia replied with a litte laugh, then answered, "You can't take me to waterdeep and have me back in time for dinner can you?"

The nut brown girl kissed Alyx on the cheek. "It would be nice to see somewhere further from home than Daggerford. Maybe we could start with a picnic though..."

She paused, then shook her head, "I shouldn't ask you to go into the woods for something as simple as dinner with all these horrible creatures coming down out of the Moore."

Finishing his cup of tea, Balenore watches the two of them.

Anything else you wish to discuss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom